PDA

View Full Version : Defiance Ultimate Edition Gamestop Exclusive... Who else preordered it ?

Rip
03-25-2013, 03:55 PM
I got it , really like that it comes with the Season 1 pass for all Dlc already included in it and hope the Hellbug Statue looks good.

RaveMoyers
03-25-2013, 04:06 PM
If you pre order the 99$ one through steam do you get the same goodies as gamestop?

Bornhald
03-25-2013, 04:08 PM
If you pre order the 99$ one through steam do you get the same goodies as gamestop?

If it was 99 that means your talking about the collectors, or it's digital so you don't get the same stuff.

Bornhald
03-25-2013, 04:08 PM
I got it , really like that it comes with the Season 1 pass for all Dlc already included in it and hope the Hellbug Statue looks good.

I pre ordered it about a month ago.

Rip
03-25-2013, 04:12 PM
That I don't know I never order anything from steam I'm kind of old school and rather have a Disc in hand :)

But I would think the Steam $99 version is the same as or close to the the $99 Digital deluxe Version

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/defiance-digital-deluxe-edition/107694

This is the one I got

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/defiance-ultimate-edition-gamestop-exclusive/106645

The one thing I see that you get better than me is the 30 day script and xp boost where mine only has a 7 day boost.

RaveMoyers
03-25-2013, 04:15 PM
I wonder if when you get the one at gamestop if you can still activate it somehow on steam... ?

Rip
03-25-2013, 04:22 PM
I wonder if when you get the one at gamestop if you can still activate it somehow on steam... ?

Again I wouldn't know I don't buy anything from steam so I don't know how they work on this like that. I know others have bought multiple different versions of another MMO I play called Star Trek Online. The reason being so they could get the different bonuses from each version. For example they would buy the digital version , collectors addition, best buy edition and amazon edition because each one had different bonuses etc. Don't know if you can do that with Defiance or not though.

FinnishPenguin
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Nope, it can't be activated on Steam.

Gradius
03-25-2013, 04:32 PM

I picked one up. I can't wait to check out all the cool stuff inside!

pulseMOD441
03-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Gamestop has the $150 one that comes with a courier bag, some other physical gear and a few extra bits

RaveMoyers
03-25-2013, 04:38 PM
Well this stinks, i would like to courier bag, and some other physical gear like you mentioned but i'd also like it activated on steam :( ....

Solo
03-25-2013, 04:40 PM
i got the ultimate edition my 1st one ever to buy

SavageSURG3
03-25-2013, 04:41 PM
I bought the UE from GS as well. I couldn't resist getting the full package of extras along with the DLC pass. I'm also hoping that this game does very well and has a large following because I've been waiting for an MMO to play on the Xbox (I didn't like Final Fantasy).

I think the beta is great and I plan on supporting Trion Worlds and SyFy by spending some cash and watching the show.

Raine_Sheppard
03-25-2013, 05:10 PM
http://community.defiance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/UE_Beautyshot_blog.jpg

The Ultimate Beauty! Yup...I pre-ordered mine. Really looking forward to most of it. However, the messenger bag has already been verbally claimed by my son before I even got the darn thing. Ah well. The rest is mine...all mine! Mwahahaha!!!

MaritimeMage
03-25-2013, 05:11 PM
I have the collector's edition pre ordered from Gamestop. Pumped.

ShadowStrider 7
03-25-2013, 05:13 PM
I was (and still am) so excited for this game that I bought 2 UEs from GameStop. Figured I would sell off some of the swag from the 2nd later on down the road.

Travie
03-25-2013, 05:15 PM
I was pretty tempted, but I ended up going with the standard edition.

Figure that I'm going to get a bunch of bits and extra goodies anyway, no reason to buy everything up front :cool:

Bravesteel25
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
I did. Really looking forward to checking it all out whilst I wait for the game to install.

Myst
03-25-2013, 05:34 PM
/raises hand/

My first ever big ultimate edition ever to :)

Synder
03-25-2013, 05:35 PM
That I don't know I never order anything from steam I'm kind of old school and rather have a Disc in hand :)

But I would think the Steam $99 version is the same as or close to the the $99 Digital deluxe Version

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/defiance-digital-deluxe-edition/107694

This is the one I got

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/defiance-ultimate-edition-gamestop-exclusive/106645

The one thing I see that you get better than me is the 30 day script and xp boost where mine only has a 7 day boost.

About that 30 day scrip boost. Its been said that it needs changed because, it was wrong. Its actually 7 days boost, just like every other platform's Ultimate edtion.

lB L A K 3l
03-25-2013, 05:37 PM
I've got mine preordered as well. Come on April 2nd!

QuietRiotUSMC
03-25-2013, 05:51 PM
About that 30 day scrip boost. Its been said that it needs changed because, it was wrong. Its actually 7 days boost, just like every other platform's Ultimate edtion.

No it IS 30 Day to make the Digital Download have the same "Value" as the physical version i.e. the statue dvd etc.

Buruko
03-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Bought my Ultimate Edition in February, haven't looked back since. First time I have ever bought a collector's anything.

Defy
03-25-2013, 05:58 PM
I ordered deluxe edition from Steam

Hadham
03-25-2013, 06:04 PM
This would be my third CE Item so far. Most of the time the price is worth it. In this case I will have to see. The statue looks pretty cool if not a little creepy. I'll have to put little army men around it pointed towards the gaping maw.

Synder
03-25-2013, 06:16 PM
No it IS 30 Day to make the Digital Download have the same "Value" as the physical version i.e. the statue dvd etc.

So WHY are the console Ultimate versions listed at only 7 days? If this IS correct there will be ALOT of pissed off gamers! I mean why is the PC platform paying 150 bucks, and PS3 and 360paying the SAME price, and get ALOT less boost for the same amount? We are listed at 7 days of boost for the UE! Is MY money not worth the same amount as a Pc gamers?

Zeiban
03-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Well this stinks, i would like to courier bag, and some other physical gear like you mentioned but i'd also like it activated on steam :( ....

You can always add at as a non-stream game. Like most MMOs on Steam I'm sure patching/updating runs outside of steam so there is little advantage to running it though Steam. The game has achievements internally so I doubt you would be missing "Steam Achievements".

worldwarviol
03-25-2013, 06:19 PM
i got the ultimate edition and i cant wait to get my hands on those goodies :)

Buruko
03-25-2013, 06:20 PM
So WHY are the console Ultimate versions listed at only 7 days? If this IS correct there will be ALOT of pissed off gamers! I mean why is one platform paying 150 bucks, and the other 2 paying the same price, and get ALOT less for the same amount?

Digital Deluxe is $100, comes with a 2x titles, a car, and 30 days of boost, vendor weapon.

Collector Edition is $100, comes with 2x titles, a car, statue, DVD, 7 days of boost, post cards, VBI contract, sound track, vendor weapon

Ultimate Edition is $150, come with 3x titles, a car, statue, DVD, 7 days of boost, post cards, VBI contract, sound track, vendor weapon, messenger bag, 1200 bits (in-game meta currency you pay for in cash), and Season Pass

Can you see the difference now? The 30 days makes the $100 bucks for a digital download more tolerable where the physical editions get both digital and collectible goodies.

knownwar
03-25-2013, 06:21 PM
im going to upgrade my pre-order to it

Zeiban
03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm right there with you. I have no interest in the physical swag but I want all the digital items specific to the UE. I plan on selling most of the physical stuff.

Synder
03-25-2013, 06:37 PM
Digital Deluxe is $100, comes with a 2x titles, a car, and 30 days of boost, vendor weapon.

Collector Edition is $100, comes with 2x titles, a car, statue, DVD, 7 days of boost, post cards, VBI contract, sound track, vendor weapon

Ultimate Edition is $150, come with 3x titles, a car, statue, DVD, 7 days of boost, post cards, VBI contract, sound track, vendor weapon, messenger bag, 1200 bits (in-game meta currency you pay for in cash), and Season Pass

Can you see the difference now? The 30 days makes the $100 bucks for a digital download more tolerable where the physical editions get both digital and collectible goodies.

AHH, I totally misunderstood! I know the last time I heard of this a week or so ago, Gamestop still had the $150 PC Ultimate version, listed as having 30 days of bonuses.(it is changed to the correct 7 days now).

I wasnt aware of a "digital deluxe" version( I paid my UE off, and didnt bother to look at other options) Now that I see its a option for people, I totally agree with this. It gives more for your buck, depending on what you are interested in. I wish MORE games did this!

KaosPenguin
03-25-2013, 06:59 PM
I got 4 of them.

S4DN3SS
03-25-2013, 07:37 PM
I also Pre-Ordered the Ultimate Edition and I think the messenger bag and the statue are really awesome.

Rampermt
03-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Can't wait to see my hellbug statue!

Komakala
03-25-2013, 07:49 PM
I ordered one way back. I'm just waiting to open it.

Buruko
03-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Can't wait to see my hellbug statue!

Have you seen it? (http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww148/sledgehammer70/20130306_170504_zps85e834b2.jpg) It's lovely imo. Of course I'd like this one (http://www.geekworldradio.com/pics/imagegallery/images/Defiance_Booth_Statue_2.jpg) mount it right over the garage... yeaaaa.

Rampermt
03-25-2013, 07:58 PM
That second one is freakin epic! The level of detail in that sucker, just awesome!

Synder
03-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Have you seen it? (http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww148/sledgehammer70/20130306_170504_zps85e834b2.jpg) It's lovely imo. Of course I'd like this one (http://www.geekworldradio.com/pics/imagegallery/images/Defiance_Booth_Statue_2.jpg) mount it right over the garage... yeaaaa.

DAMMNN!! WHYYY Couldnt the 2nd statue be the model used for the Hellbug we are getting?!? THAT is EPIC! You just know, eventaully that HUGE floor statue will be set aside and forgotten about. At that time, I'd be HAPPY to buy it!

Skyrek
03-25-2013, 09:35 PM
I had mine pre-ordered the day after it was announced and on the Gamestop site even before they had listed what was coming in there.

I have a Collector's pre-ordered for a friend, but given the details of the DLC I may boost that up to the Ultimate Edition tomorrow when I go in and pickup my Army of Two game. Seems like for the pricing difference at that point there isn't any reason not to get them the Ultimate.

Sakara
03-25-2013, 10:44 PM
I knew I wanted to play the game, but I wasn't sure which edition I wanted. I talked to the Gamestop employee, and had them tell me the various edition's perks. I mentioned that I could always put $5 down to pre-order a standard edition, and then upgrade it later;he said that it was generally easier to downgrade, especially if there is a limited supply of them (he also said that it would only cost $5 to pre-order the Ultimate Edition, rather than the standard $25).

I placed the pre-order for the Ultimate Edition, although I was a bit worried about the final cost versus what the game might actually have been like; I recently got burned on another game that I had pre-paid on for several years (Aliens: Colonial Marines). Having tried the beta this past weekend, I will be going to Gamestop and change that pre-ordered to pre-paid, after I get paid Friday.

Myst
03-25-2013, 10:49 PM
I knew I wanted to play the game, but I wasn't sure which edition I wanted. I talked to the Gamestop employee, and had them tell me the various edition's perks. I mentioned that I could always put $5 down to pre-order a standard edition, and then upgrade it later;he said that it was generally easier to downgrade, especially if there is a limited supply of them (he also said that it would only cost $5 to pre-order the Ultimate Edition, rather than the standard $25).

I placed the pre-order for the Ultimate Edition, although I was a bit worried about the final cost versus what the game might actually have been like; I recently got burned on another game that I had pre-paid on for several years (Aliens: Colonial Marines). Having tried the beta this past weekend, I will be going to Gamestop and change that pre-ordered to pre-paid, after I get paid Friday.

I know exactly what you mean with Aliens I'm surprised I haven't traded that in I reckon I just want to see what is going to happen with it. Certainly a let down and a disappointment that one was but this one certainly show promise.