PDA

View Full Version : Talk outfits?

Codicakes
03-25-2013, 05:11 PM
Ive wanted to know if there like crazy armor when the game comes out per say really bulky armor AND ive heard rumors that Fallout's Power Armor is in defiance is this true?

ShadowStrider 7
03-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Ive wanted to know if there like crazy armor when the game comes out per say really bulky armor AND ive heard rumors that Fallout's Power Armor is in defiance is this true?

Not sure, but... did anyone else think the Lawmaker's outfit looked slightly similar to the back of the nanosuit from Crysis?

MaritimeMage
03-25-2013, 05:15 PM
I haven't heard the rumor of Fallout's power armour but that would be cool. Defiance Central has a couple videos out of outfits & headgear that is supposedly in the game at launch. There are some cool sets in the video for sure.

The armour that comes with the CE & UE also looks bad ***.

ThanatosPa
03-25-2013, 05:15 PM
First you do know that ALL outfits are just for show they add no stats.

And I did not see Fallouts armor, but there was a decent set of heavy looking armor. I want MkVI Astartes armor :)

mcwjimbo
03-25-2013, 05:16 PM
would like to be able to split up clothing pieces besides the clothing / hat

maybe i like the bottoms from 1 set of gear and the chest part of another and the arm/hand pieces of another

can't mix and match to create individuality, beyond clothing set and hat mix and match

Tigercml
03-25-2013, 05:17 PM
I wonder if you'll be able to buy or acquire all 4 of the starter outfits. Or is the only way to get a starter outfit is by picking that origin.

gjwhite66
03-25-2013, 05:18 PM
Not sure, but... did anyone else think the Lawmaker's outfit looked slightly similar to the back of the nanosuit from Crysis?

Thought the same thing. I'd have to assume we will have multiple costume options. The first thing that leads me to believe that is pre-orders can have two different costumes, the second of which is a full red power suit. Also, since we can receive both an EMC and Lawmaker costume - in Beta at least - it might be possible to have a uniform for every faction in the game. Or at least the ones we can do contract work for.

Psyqhical
03-25-2013, 05:29 PM
SPD Heavy Trooper + Infantry Veteran headgear
http://i45.tinypic.com/2ziwzev.png

calantoni
03-25-2013, 05:33 PM
how do you get your health to increase then is armor not part of this cause my health bar is miniscule right now

mcwjimbo
03-25-2013, 05:35 PM
how do you get your health to increase then is armor not part of this cause my health bar is miniscule right now

there is a perk that boosts health slotted full 3/3 = extra 750 hp

another perk that reduces damage which at 3/3 gives 6% reduction to damage

and another perk that boosts health regen fully slotted 3/3 = 3% health regen boost

outfits are just for show, thus my desire to mix and match pieces....hint hint trion i will blow $ on an entire outfit from the store just to get a hand piece if i can break clothing down

calantoni
03-25-2013, 05:37 PM
aww thanks well then i really dont think theres any point to buy any til later in the game then but do you know if missions stop in beta?

Codicakes
03-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Link to videos/screenshorts of armor?

Psyqhical
03-25-2013, 05:43 PM

I poster a SPD Heavy Trooper armor on the first page. Unfortunatly I didn't take a picture of every armor. Was to busy enjoying the game. xD

lB L A K 3l
03-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Yes a link please.

Codicakes
03-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah i seen haha are you able to find a link to where the armor screenshots are?

Psyqhical
03-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Yeah i seen haha are you able to find a link to where the armor screenshots are?
Unfortuntely no. It's a screenshot I made during beta.

calantoni
03-25-2013, 06:00 PM
do you know when you beta stops like quest wise anybody??

mcwjimbo
03-25-2013, 06:08 PM
do you know when you beta stops like quest wise anybody??

over already for PC

ps3 ends in a few hours

xbox ends in 2 days

unless youve slipped into alpha and don't know it :-P then it ends when release happens

calantoni
03-25-2013, 06:10 PM
i mean like quests casue ive finished mostly everything and the story wont let me continue i dont think and im just doing random crap

mcwjimbo
03-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Oh

uhm yeah there is an ending to the story line beta is exposed to, but not sure at what point because once i got my bmg just ran around doing ark falls and played around with crafting/modding my gear

calantoni
03-25-2013, 06:17 PM
in play on xbox beta but can you mod cause before i couldnt

calantoni
03-25-2013, 06:19 PM
in playing on xbox but i dont know if we can mod in this cause i tried before and it didnt let me can only certain guns get modded?

mcwjimbo
03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
in play on xbox beta but can you mod cause before i couldnt

not sure on xbox but modding for PC went like this

-have to be at least ego 100
-go to salvage matrix = open your character loadout or inventory and at top on left the 2nd from left = salvage matrix
-click button to pick weapon pick weapon
- click add mod slot
- agree to pay the cost

1000 green arc tech for slot 1
2000 for slot 2
6000 for slot 3
9000 for slot 4

takes 10 minutes to put random slot into weapon

I added 3 slots because had wasted arc tech on buying lock box keys = DON"T!!!!!! save arc tech for adding mod slots

luckily the randomizing agent created 2 slots i had mods for and only 1 of the 3 was a slot i didnt have a mod to add to

click back through salvage matrix to add mod to slot

add

also can break down gear via salvage matrix

starter / white colored gear gave 250 arc tech
green gun gave 500 arc tech

didn't try to break down a blue & supposedly in game there will be 2 others purple and the highest being orange gear

& this is way off topic = clothing :-P

calantoni
03-25-2013, 06:25 PM
dude thanks your a ton of help i dont want to seem like an idiot but i havent spent alot of time yet figuring everything out thanks

Airwolf3169
03-25-2013, 06:31 PM
From every thing that Trion has said there will be no armor in the Game. Its just Shields. All Clothing will strictly be cosmetic. But do we really know 100% sure. Nope! with the NDA up anything is possible till we see the live game. I mean I'm not saying that they could be lieing. Lets just say that they can not tell us the complete truth at this time. So let just say they could be misleading us. for NDA reasons

ironhands
03-25-2013, 07:08 PM
First you do know that ALL outfits are just for show they add no stats.

And I did not see Fallouts armor, but there was a decent set of heavy looking armor. I want MkVI Astartes armor :)

I'd rather have a beaky :P

ironhands
03-25-2013, 07:10 PM
I liked the collective sets, probably get that right off with the inventory upgrades form the bits store

Daymarr
03-25-2013, 07:14 PM
n
also can break down gear via salvage matrix

starter / white colored gear gave 250 arc tech
green gun gave 500 arc tech

didn't try to break down a blue & supposedly in game there will be 2 others purple and the highest being orange gear

Blue gives 750 and purple gives 1000 so it goes up by 250 each color grade.

Pasha
03-25-2013, 07:16 PM
"Collective Infiltrator" suit is closest I've seen to heavy armor in Fallout. Now it's reward for "Live to Kill V" pursuit (50k NPC kills)

http://i.imgur.com/Fb2D8oE.jpg (http://imgur.com/a/W8YSN)

Note: "Ark Infiltrator" red suit in Deluxe pre-order is identical to this one - just different color.

DarkKnyt29
03-25-2013, 07:20 PM
"Collective Infiltrator" suit is closest I've seen to heavy armor in Fallout. Now it's reward for "Live to Kill V" pursuit (50k NPC kills)

http://i.imgur.com/Fb2D8oE.jpg (http://imgur.com/a/W8YSN)

Note: "Ark Infiltrator" red suit in Deluxe pre-order is identical to this one - just different color.

That armor is awesome! I cant wait to see the different cool sets of outfits this game has. Im stoked about the ark infiltrator outfit for my Collector's Edition and its in my favorite colors red and black. This guy (points to self) = Happy haha

DarkKnyt29
03-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Also here is the link someone mentioned earlier about videos from Defiance Central showing off outfits:

http://defiance-central.com/first-look-outfits/

Grimwyrd
03-25-2013, 07:24 PM
I thought it was pretty cool that the heavy armors (like the Ekaru Predator & SPD Heavy Trooper) also changed the sound your footsteps made, so you sounded heavier.

Evermoore
03-25-2013, 07:29 PM
I thought it was pretty cool that the heavy armors (like the Ekaru Predator & SPD Heavy Trooper) also changed the sound your footsteps made, so you sounded heavier.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. For a bit I thought perhaps I was going crazy lol.

On another note, I liked the non armorish outfits the most. When we got the free bits I purchased a few that I thought were really cool. I cannot recall the name now, dam. Anyhow They were very nicely done.

Tigercml
03-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Does anyone know if you can get all of the starter outfits for the same character?

winterforge
03-25-2013, 07:32 PM
I want MkVI Astartes armor :)

Nice! I want the space wolf armor. Warriors of Fenris unite, Russ be praised! ;-)

ironhands
03-25-2013, 08:13 PM
loved the heaviest armor, there were 2 similar sets...collective predator and ekaru predator? big plates with a full mask

Kukui Nuts
03-26-2013, 12:44 AM
Does anyone know if you can get all of the starter outfits for the same character?

I saw all 4 outfits on one of them trash compactor vendors. Don't remember where though.

Tigercml
03-26-2013, 02:38 AM
I saw all 4 outfits on one of them trash compactor vendors. Don't remember where though.

That's good to know. Thanks. I liked them all and couldn't decide when I made my character.

J_matt
03-26-2013, 03:33 AM
U can also get the raider outfit for ur character. I like the fact that the clothing doesnt effect ur life or shields because that adds to the uniqueness of the character you create something u like on ur character someone else might not. plus it means everyones not running around wearing the same armor because its the best one to give life.

mushinwolf
03-26-2013, 04:02 AM
Loving all the choices, great selection and we dont have to worry between looking cool or having armour...cant wait to go shopping! xD

Fennix
03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Great outfits. Thanks for the video link. Now I just want to know approximately how much dinero to look good!

TG Merc
03-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Great outfits. Thanks for the video link. Now I just want to know approximately how much dinero to look good!

Vanity head pieces cost 150 Bits while vanity outfits cost 240