PDA

View Full Version : Zam Beta key = NOT GUARANTEED ACCESS

Disciple
01-17-2013, 09:53 AM
UPDATED!!!

Zam Key = beta access this weekend. Emails going out through today till tomorrow morning.

So, I was just wondering why some people were getting into the beta and some were not from the Zam beta keys. So I contacted Trionworlds about it and this is the response I received.

Hello Alex,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I certainly understand your interest in gaining access to the Defiance Beta. At this time, it does appear the Voucher you mentioned has been applied to your account properly. Unfortunately this Voucher does not actually provide access to the Defiance Beta. However, it does provide an opportunity to receive an invite to the Defiance Beta in the future. Please keep an eye on your email account for any new emails you might be receiving from us regarding the Defiance Beta, and acceptance into the event. All necessary information for downloading the game client and installation would be provided in this email. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds!

So I replied back... disappointed. I was not rude, but still asking questions. So now, if the Editor in Chief, Jarimor, from Zam is stating "The keys are for the beta on January 18-20 and other events thereafter."
http://aionhg.com/images/quote.jpg
Source: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=31559 (Bottom of that page)

Why are we not allowed beta access?

If Gamestop is advertising Beta Access with the Preordering of the game, they are not specifying what kind of beta access, so one would be inclined to think it started with this weekened. Why are we not receiving beta codes from Gamestop?

Trion? What is going on? Did you become complacent with your $100,000,000 profit last year with Rift? Are you just becoming another game company that does not honor their advertisements?

If so, then this is sad... really had higher hopes.

Griffin
01-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Thanks for posting this... Since the ZAM key is not an guaranteed access at this point, is there any harm entering multiple beta keys obtained from other sites (stating the key is for the 18-20 test). I had originally been sitting on a few for friends that are interested in the game but haven't had a chance to create an account yet.

spaceghost
01-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Typical Beta WEEKEND invites are for that weekend only, though sometimes you can increase your odds of being re-invited. Count your blessings; 1 w/e is more than none ;)

Disciple
01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Typical Beta WEEKEND invites are for that weekend only, though sometimes you can increase your odds of being re-invited. Count your blessings; 1 w/e is more than none ;)

Typical sure. But, the Editor in Chief should not say it is for a SPECIFIC date. Why would he say that if it were not true? I would have to think he is in the know if he is the EiC!

Makikou
01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Is this guaranteed to access beta weekend though, registered 1 of these but no beta invite for the weekend either.

Anyhow, went on the hunt for others and got a lot more now..

Butch
01-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Wait, so applying a code doesn't guarantee a spot in the Jan 18-20 Beta Weekend? If so, Trion is in for a giant PR disaster.

Disciple
01-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Wait, so applying a code doesn't guarantee a spot in the Jan 18-20 Beta Weekend? If so, Trion is in for a giant PR disaster.

That is what I was told. Too many sites are saying it GUARANTEES access...

ETD
01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Both my brother's account and mine got into the beta. Just receive the email. We both used ZAM keys. Either we're lucky or the chances of getting in are pretty high.

Mytheral
01-17-2013, 10:44 AM
We appear to have an official reply.

Sure - if you have entered a beta key you will get invited to this beta event sometime soon. Invites are being sent in waves through this Friday. If you apply a code on Saturday/Sunday of this beta event - you'll likely not get an invite, but rather be one of the first group to be invited to the next beta.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Defiance/comments/16q3m7/your_beta_key_will_most_likely_not_give_you_beta/c7ylpba

DiRtDoGg
01-17-2013, 10:47 AM
We appear to have an official reply.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Defiance/comments/16q3m7/your_beta_key_will_most_likely_not_give_you_beta/c7ylpba

Great info thanks for updating us

Disciple
01-17-2013, 11:15 AM
I just got off the phone.

The email that I and others have received is wrong. If you used the key, you will get in. Email invites will be coming all night up until the morning.

Sorry for all the fuss Trion. But, your communication between departments needs a little polish

spaceghost
01-17-2013, 11:43 AM
I just got off the phone...If you used the key, you will get in. Email invites will be coming all night up until the morning.
Sorry for all the fuss Trion. But, your communication between departments needs a little polishI just got off the phone for the Trion Account Customer service also;
Once you load the beta key into your account, it seems that another office will more or less manually download batches of people who added the key, & will get an invite/authorization today (Thr) or Fri.

So it is not fully automated to be instant it seems.

Once authorized, it seems that in your Trion account page, under Manage Games, there will be a 4th "Defiance Beta" link there.
--
BTW, the phone CS was very friendly & helpful +1 Trion!

Disciple
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
I just got off the phone for the Trion Account Customer service also;
Once you load the beta key into your account, it seems that another office will more or less manually download batches of people who added the key, & will get an invite/authorization today (Thr) or Fri.

So it is not fully automated to be instant it seems.

Once authorized, it seems that in your Trion account page, under Manage Games, there will be a 4th "Defiance Beta" link there.
--
BTW, the phone CS was very friendly & helpful +1 Trion!

Yes. Phone support is very friendly and nice. Email support is stale.

Myll_Erik
01-17-2013, 11:47 AM
So to clarify things - there is no Instant Download.

If you get a beta key - you will get an e-mail invite that contains instructions AFTER you apply that code to your account.

We are sending invites in batches until we reach our invitation goal or the the beta winds down.

Disciple
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM

If you get a beta key - you will get an e-mail invite that contains instructions AFTER you apply that code to your account.

We are sending invites in batches until we reach our invitation goal or the the beta winds down.

Thank you. Can you change the name of this thread now? I can not.

DiRtDoGg
01-17-2013, 11:55 AM

Awesome thanks for the info this will help a lot of people

bwar
01-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Really disappointed by this news. Been itching all week to get my hands on this game only to hear that it might not happen is very disheartening. Well on the bright side if I don't get into beta the NHL season starts on saturday finally and two great NFL games on sunday.

DiRtDoGg
01-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Really disappointed by this news. Been itching all week to get my hands on this game only to hear that it might not happen is very disheartening. Well on the bright side if I don't get into beta the NHL season starts on saturday finally and two great NFL games on sunday.

If you applied the key in the last couple of days i believe you will have no problem eventually getting into the BETA this weekend

bwar
01-17-2013, 12:14 PM
If you applied the key in the last couple of days i believe you will have no problem eventually getting into the BETA this weekend

That might be true but getting an invite on Friday or Saturday and then having to download the game on slow internet cuts out a gigantic chunk of this limited beta.

spaceghost
01-17-2013, 12:51 PM
We are sending invites in batches until we reach our invitation goal or the the beta winds down.Thanks for verifying.
I did get mine about 1 hour after after adding it. May be different for others.

Sinclair
01-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Thanks for verifying.

Tell us :)

Othinus
01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks for verifying.

So you entered the Beta key today and got a mail. What about us who waited for that email för 4 days? Trion, would be nice of you used first come, first served!

Sneakybuffalo
01-17-2013, 03:28 PM

So a beta key doesn't guarantee access for the weekend? There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on this from Trion

Galadeon
01-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Yep, not looking good for Trion atm. Codes were marketed as guaranteed access for THIS weekend, also saying then same thing in the stream by Defiance team members, now we get this, you may not get in this weekend, not guaranteed. Bad PR.

Have a friend who applied a code LAST week. No email for him yet, no Beta under his Games tab, but his code does show up in the Applied codes section. It takes some people a while to download games, and you guys should not have waited till the last minute to let people download the client.

nateD
01-17-2013, 06:37 PM
I can confirm that codes from "ZAM" works just fine.

Jarimor
01-17-2013, 06:47 PM
UPDATED!!!

Zam Key = beta access this weekend. Emails going out through today till tomorrow morning.

So, I was just wondering why some people were getting into the beta and some were not from the Zam beta keys. So I contacted Trionworlds about it and this is the response I received.

So I replied back... disappointed. I was not rude, but still asking questions. So now, if the Editor in Chief, Jarimor, from Zam is stating "The keys are for the beta on January 18-20 and other events thereafter."
http://aionhg.com/images/quote.jpg
Source: http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=31559 (Bottom of that page)

Why are we not allowed beta access?

If Gamestop is advertising Beta Access with the Preordering of the game, they are not specifying what kind of beta access, so one would be inclined to think it started with this weekened. Why are we not receiving beta codes from Gamestop?

Trion? What is going on? Did you become complacent with your $100,000,000 profit last year with Rift? Are you just becoming another game company that does not honor their advertisements?

If so, then this is sad... really had higher hopes.

Hi Disciple,
As was originally stated, the keys we handed out are for this weekend and for subsequent events. Only when receiving your email will you have your chance to agree to the EULA and get the download.

Trion are sending out the emails as fast as possible (believe me there are a lot of folks eager to play) and hopefully you will get yours in a timely manner.
If someone could change the thread title I would appreciate it.

Just to confirm, I am the EiC you speak of.

Cheers,

Scott Hawkes

Yooji
01-17-2013, 06:55 PM
I had mine activated just fine.

Myll_Erik
01-17-2013, 07:21 PM
Here's an update - if you think you should have gotten an invite, you can check your account manage page to see if the NDA/Defiance Beta section is available.

defiance.trionworlds.com (defiance.trionworlds.com)

There's always a chance that the e-mail invite got hit by spam filters.

Nitral
01-17-2013, 07:55 PM
I received a Beta key for this weekend from Curse. I entered the key and it shows "Defiance Beta Event" though I do not have a fourth tab under manage games. Not sure how to go about downloading the Client. Sounds like maybe I will be receiving an email with those instructions. I hope so!

Nitral

yourins84
01-17-2013, 08:20 PM
I received a Beta key for this weekend from Curse. I entered the key and it shows "Defiance Beta Event" though I do not have a fourth tab under manage games. Not sure how to go about downloading the Client. Sounds like maybe I will be receiving an email with those instructions. I hope so!

Nitral

Yea same here. I hope i get the download email too...

Reborn1213
01-17-2013, 08:21 PM
EVERYONE CHILL THE F*@K OUT.

This panic happens with every recent beta ive been in. Be patient if you dont get in then wait till next time its only a TEST.

The same people complaining are the same ones that are going to complain about bugs in the beta and graphics not being optimal ect.

Its really tiring and seems like a piss poor start to a community.

Gramis
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
If you go into our Trion account and into manage games, there will be a Download link there. or at least for me there was. I just put in my code 1hr ago.

Galadeon
01-17-2013, 09:18 PM
If you go into our Trion account and into manage games, there will be a Download link there. or at least for me there was. I just put in my code 1hr ago.

Not working for all people though. Seems to be some kind of issue for some. My friend entered a code last week. It shows up under his applied codes, BUT he does not have the 4th, Defiance Beta tab, under his games. He never got an email that he can see in his Inbox or spam box. Something is broken for some people.

kratos
01-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Not working for all people though. Seems to be some kind of issue for some. My friend entered a code last week. It shows up under his applied codes, BUT he does not have the 4th, Defiance Beta tab, under his games. He never got an email that he can see in his Inbox or spam box. Something is broken for some people.

me too i am in the same case as your friend
damn......i really want to play the beta

Butch
01-18-2013, 02:41 AM
I entered my code on the 14th ("2013-1-14 Defiance Beta Defiance Beta Event"), my brother entered his yesterday. He got the invite a few hours later(and the NDA/Defiance Beta section), while I am still waiting.

Pandawulf
01-18-2013, 03:58 AM
EVERYONE CHILL THE F*@K OUT.

This panic happens with every recent beta ive been in. Be patient if you dont get in then wait till next time its only a TEST.

The same people complaining are the same ones that are going to complain about bugs in the beta and graphics not being optimal ect.

Its really tiring and seems like a piss poor start to a community.

Giving out beta keys from a bunch of places and then not letting those people in beta is also really tiring and seems like a piss poor start to an MMO...

Yooji
01-18-2013, 06:07 AM
Giving out beta keys from a bunch of places and then not letting those people in beta is also really tiring and seems like a piss poor start to an MMO...

they are activating accounts in batches, no one ever said people with actual beta keys will be excluded from the beta .. apparently it just takes them more time than expected since they're doing it by hand.