PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want a leveling partner?

Katosu
03-25-2013, 05:40 PM
Hello, Defiance Forums!

I was just stopping by to see if anyone was looking for a Co-Op Partner. I understand the game is based around an MMO-structure, and therefore random-grouping will be possible, but I always love the small-team dynamic of a few select friends as opposed to grabbing random strangers who you will never hear from. :P

I'm from Georgia, based off Eastern Standard Time. My schedule usually puts me online and gaming around 7:00 or later on weeknights, and free on the weekends. This will most likely change in May slightly for school purposes, but I am sure the weekends will be generally free.

Depending on what type of class you like to play, I would be able to work with you very well. I enjoy Tanking, Healing, and DPS'ing equally. It's all about finding a fun other half for me that makes games for me.

I tend to use Skype chat for communications, and while I am loath to say it, would prefer a partner that actively talks to one who is a mute or does not say anything at all.

If anyone would enjoy teaming up with me, I'd love to work with you. I look forward to seeing you in-game!

-Katosu.

(Appologies if this is the wrong forum. Guild Recruitment is the closest thing before this forum that I could find, and I just didn't feel like it belonged there. If there is a better place to post this, please tell me and I will ask a mod to move the topic. Thank you!)

Senel
03-25-2013, 05:50 PM
Mayhaps Katosu, mayhaps... i have no life and play all day everyday and i'm not too social at that so i probably don't suit your needs, good luck though!

Ensu
03-25-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm in the UK, so I don't think we'll ever meet. But I wish you the very best of times.

Katosu
03-25-2013, 06:08 PM
Agreed to both of you. Hopefully, we are all able to meet and enjoy teaming up with eachother. :-)

Otis Spunks
03-26-2013, 02:29 AM
I live in Missouri so our time difference is only by an hour and I play just about all the time depending on any odd jobs or social gatherings that may come up. I'm going in as a PC player where as all my buddies are getting it for Xbox (don't want to pay for xbl just for 1 game.) I am very talkative and can be a bit goofy but rest assured I will play as pro as possible XD.

Also I plan on streaming my gameplay via twitch as often as possible so as long as you are ok with sharing your triumphs as well as failures online then no issue here. As far as playstyle goes I loved DPSing and Healing (Big MLG Halo fan/player and a healer in just about ever MMO I've ever played.) and I'm right there with you when needing a good pal to keep a game playable, so feel free to PM me or just add me on skype: aaron.watkins8

- Otis Spunks -

P.S.
I'm 21 just incase you are wonder if I'll sound like a whinny 8yr old, I won't.

Komakala
03-26-2013, 03:06 AM
I would but I play sporadically and usually don't start playing until 2am Eastern Time. But mostly I'll play early morning 9am Eastern and record gameplay.

Ronan DEx
03-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Not to threadjack you but I'm in the same boat. EU here, UK to be specific.

I have a lot of time off at the moment. so can play as much as possible. I have all the usual crap/ skype/ts/mumble/vent. and I'm married not a kiddie, so I set my own playtimes!

Look me up on steam should you want a partner to play through with (I know its doable with less, or randoms.. but I personally think a group of 2/3 would be way more well, satisfying. )

lookup 'Faithwolf' on Steam!!

PhillyBop
03-26-2013, 08:09 AM
I'll jump in on this action. EST here, located in Ontario, Canada. Need a friendly Canadian with plenty of jokes and humour while playing away, look me up 'PJ-' on steam.

Raine_Sheppard
03-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Hi hi!

Another Canadian here. Heh! Ontario, too...so yeah, EST Time zone. I'm always looking for friendly people to play with, and to have a solid team right from the get-go sounds like a good plan to me. I'll likely be using Skype for voice chats, if that's alright. I haven't tried what's provided with the game during the Beta, but...if it's strong as well, I'm game to try it.

If you want to look me up, my skype account name is rainesheppard and I'm on quite a bit of the day, and gaming throughout the evenings.

Happy hunting!

Archellion
03-26-2013, 08:54 AM
We should all come back and leave our character names here. I'm down for some small-group play. None of my buddies are going to play this at launch so I'm all alone. =( I live in Florida and will probably be on from around 7ish until 0000 or 0100 on weeknights and have marathon sessions on the weekend.

Flatlinedisaster
03-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I also have no one to play with. I have a ventrilo that I rent each month that we can all use to just hangout and play together...no one uses it its just me that sits in it everyday lol..its a 25 man slot but I can upgrade it if it ever exceeds that. vent14.gameservers.com port 4373

edit: also im in tn, usa , central time zone and anyone who plays defiance is welcome to join my ventrilo

Plaztic
03-26-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm game, but I am in the pacific time zone. So when I'm playing after 8pm its going to be very late for you.

steam: plazdagger
Skye: raith.dagger

Otis Spunks
03-26-2013, 12:00 PM
*Rubbing hands together greedily saying, "Good...Good... many have come, and soon we take over the world!":cool:
But yeah I'm down with all you not just the OP ;)
and my in-game name is almost certainly be this name unless someone in here trolls me by taking it lol.

Steam: otis_spunks

exxcess
03-26-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm down for more people to play with also! Me and some friend also in the first stages of forming a clan if any interested :)

steam: exxess

Katosu
03-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Wow, wasn't expecting so many people to respond. I'll make sure to add you guys to Steam and Skype respectively. I might take a day off during the week-of release (Maybe not the first day since it'll be the heaviest slammed / most likely to have server problems), so we'll see how everything plays out. :)

@Otis:
I'd be fine with having our shenanigans recorded. I'm sure with a game like this there's something bound to go crazy at one point or another. Or at least with my luck, something will explode that probably shouldn't. :P

@Ronan: I'll add you on Steam. Hopefully we'll be able to team up. :)

@Raine: I'd love to team up with you as well. I'll shoot you a skype friend-request. I'm not sure if we'd do a large team or team up together as we're able to. I wasn't expecting so many people to respond. x.x;

@Archellion: I'll also leave my Character name here (Which will most likely just be 'Katosu', as usual) when the game officially launches.

@Plaztic: Yes, unfortunately that is pretty late for me. While I wish I could stay up late, my job demands good atteniton. :)

Thanks for all the awesome replies!

Raine_Sheppard
03-26-2013, 05:43 PM
This is almost looking like a clan in itself. Heh!
Added all that had Skype here. Looking forward to gaming with ya'll.

Cheers!

Otis Spunks
03-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Anyone Else interested?

Sanguinesun
03-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Just for folks to know, most of the game is pretty easy to speed through and with the onslaught of players burning through missions etc and the fact that you collectively due to proximity get mutual credit without actually "grouping" most things you'll be fine for. There's no major concern on that front. Im not trying to dissuade those wanting to group up mind you just wanting to help prevent folks from feeling like they potentially might be left out.

Arkansas Slim
03-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Count me in also. Central time, can game on 4 on 4 off rotations due to work schedule. I'll post in-game name after launch. Also have a vent channel an played beta with a buddy on pc, so the more the merrier.

Otis Spunks
03-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Just for folks to know, most of the game is pretty easy to speed through and with the onslaught of players burning through missions etc and the fact that you collectively due to proximity get mutual credit without actually "grouping" most things you'll be fine for. There's no major concern on that front. Im not trying to dissuade those wanting to group up mind you just wanting to help prevent folks from feeling like they potentially might be left out.

I think we are more interested just having others to play with, we arent worried about the help just having company while leveling.

Yatokagami
03-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Hello all,

Wow fantastic. I've been looking to make such a topic and did not expect one to be here!

I'm from asia unfortunately. GMT +8. But hopefully someone out there is willing to co op with me! Most of my friends unfortunately aren't into defiance :(

If are looking for a co op partner and you're in my time zone please do not be shy to contact me to play together! Even though I have a weird asian accent hahah..

And

@OP fantastic. You've already got so many people responding to play with you. That's great! Sorry about the thread hijack if my post did it.

RelativeBlue
03-27-2013, 09:09 PM
From the bay area here, so this game hits me close to home! Always interested in people to group with for co-op instances and missions, but I'll probably level faster alone.

Oster
03-27-2013, 09:27 PM
I'd be down for this, up in SC so EST time zone as well.

Was actually going to post about trying to get a guild together before launch but this would be good also.

Don't use Skype much but I'll post my character name in here I guess, will probably be the same as my forum name.

Joe Snuffy
03-27-2013, 09:52 PM
I run a 30 man vent server if anyone is interested shoot me a line.

I'll be looking to get with a friendly casual group of people to play with.

I'm on the east coast time zone.

I'm an old school D&D RPer so I'll only group will people with decent RP names.

DazedDoor
03-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Aussie gamer here (GM+10). I'll be heading to the US servers so keen to hook up (how saucy!) with other enthusiast players =D

Sensou
03-27-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm throw my lot in with ya all when I am around. I play on weekends with the longest time though I sometimes have time during the week. I'm in EST NC so hit me up if you see me around. I've never used skype but I have used vent before. So hit me up sometime, was planning on goin solo if my friends weren't around anyway. :cool:

I'll post my IGN once I am setup but it will probably be close if not the same to my forum name. Cheers!

exxcess
03-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Hey everyone!

If anyone looking for a solid group we are in the founding stages of our guild, looking for 18+ members to lvl up with.

Later plans include a mainstay PvE encounters group and also side PvP

Feel free to hit me up with a msg we currently have a website and TS up for comms :D

www.corelegion.com

Mad
03-30-2013, 03:39 AM
Well i'm gonna be running personal/clan/group bonuses within an hour of game start :)
So look me up ingame .. if you get a skype invite from me you will know who it is :)

Archellion
04-01-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm on as Archellion if anyone wants to team up.