PDA

View Full Version : Download the Game???

NeoLoger
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
ok i got a beta key.
and i registered it.
where do i download the client?

i want it to be installed before the beta starts.

i checked my mail and my spam.... noting.

Disciple
01-17-2013, 11:50 AM
ok i got a beta key.
and i registered it.
where do i download the client?

i want it to be installed before the beta starts.

The link as to where to download should be in the email. If not. Look in your trion account. Click on defiance and it will say Download.

CyCosion
01-17-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm wondering how to download it too. We're supposed to get an e-mail but I have yet to get one after entering my key.

EDIT: I also don't have an option to download it from my Trion account Defiance page.

Disciple
01-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm wondering how to download it too. We're supposed to get an e-mail but I have yet to get one after entering my key.

EDIT: I also don't have an option to download it from my Trion account Defiance page.

After entering the key. You need to wait for your beta invite. Through email. The invites are going out in batches till try reach their goal of beta players.

Myll_Erik
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM
You'll get your e-mail invite soon - that contains information on downloading plus the NDA.

Cappie
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Essentially The Sooner you get your beta key put in, the faster you'll get invited to the beta officially.

CyCosion
01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
OK, thanks for the help!

Zara
01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Like many people I'm becoming concerned. I got a beta key (and successfully entered it) from the Jan 11th twitch tv stream, and I have yet to get an e-mail, and I can't see any place to DL the client from my Trion account, and it was my understanding that the keys given away during the twitch stream were GUARANTEED to get you into the 18th-20th beta weekend, so yeah...kinda concerned at the moment.

EDIT: Honestly trying not to be a rabid person chomping at the bit, I just find it kind of odd, but I do know there is more time to go, and that they in no way have to let us DL before the beta even opens (though it would be kinda silly not to)

Cappie
01-17-2013, 11:58 AM
As has been stated Many times, the Email invites are going out in stages. Just be patient. You will more than likely receive your email by the end of the day.

NeoLoger
01-17-2013, 12:00 PM
ok i tried get to the download trow the trion account but i get this

To confirm your interest in joining the PC beta, click the CONFIRM button below. WTF??? i AM IN THE BETA

any way when i press confirm i get this error:
We ran into a bit of a problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.

im like waaaa?!
gess the beta key isn't confirmed yet

Cookie
01-17-2013, 12:05 PM
They are idiots or what :/ tommorow BETA starts but i cant even download game yet :/ Why they even give beta pass if we still not beta testers :D

Poor ppl work there

KingMike
01-17-2013, 12:13 PM
They are idiots or what :/ tommorow BETA starts but i cant even download game yet :/ Why they even give beta pass if we still not beta testers :D

Poor ppl work there

You do know it around 20 hours to right? Just relax and it will come in time. Aint realy helping your cause to go bananas in the forums ;)

-M

Cappie
01-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Once you receive your OFFICIAL " WELCOME TO THE BETA SIGN THIS NDA And YOU ARE IN!" E-mail, you will be able to download the game. Until then Please stop posting about how you can't download the game even though you have a beta key.

Voodeux
01-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Honestly trying not to be a rabid person chomping at the bit, I just find it kind of odd, but I do know there is more time to go, and that they in no way have to let us DL before the beta even opens (though it would be kinda silly not to)

I feel your pain and I'm sure the majority of others can as well. Keep the faith though and good luck on getting your key approved in time.

Rylek
01-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Once you receive your OFFICIAL " WELCOME TO THE BETA SIGN THIS NDA And YOU ARE IN!" E-mail, you will be able to download the game. Until then Please stop posting about how you can't download the game even though you have a beta key.

There is no reason to get snarky. People have a legitimate concern. They've applied keys for a beta event that is for a very small time window. Not everybody has 'god-like' internet to download the client in 30 min. It's very likely a large portion of people who got these keys will lose 1 day out of a 3 day event just getting the client. Not letting people even begin to D/L the client until the day the event starts is in very poor form IMO.

Voodeux
01-17-2013, 12:50 PM
There is no reason to get snarky. People have a legitimate concern. They've applied keys for a beta event that is for a very small time window. Not everybody has 'god-like' internet to download the client in 30 min. It's very likely a large portion of people who got these keys will lose 1 day out of a 3 day event just getting the client. Not letting people even begin to D/L the client until the day the event starts is in very poor form IMO.

You've been invited to a party - yet get mad the cake won't arrive for an hour or two after you arrive - You leave and go home upset. That's the poor form.

And this ****-ty post
They are idiots or what :/ tommorow BETA starts but i cant even download game yet :/ Why they even give beta pass if we still not beta testers Poor ppl work there lets be honest, was worth a little snarkiness.

DiRtDoGg
01-17-2013, 01:35 PM
yea everyone needs to relax I understand it may suck if you haven't been able to download the client yet but you have to remember these are betas and are for testing purposes. One of their purposes is the inviting process. It has also been said that if you applied your key you have a very good chance of getting into this weekends BETA. Again i realize not being able to download the client yet but we have not paid Trion a dollar yet and they are allowing us to test a game we are all waiting anxiously for

Sinclair
01-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Just wait and look you"r email dude :D

Aculeus
01-17-2013, 01:46 PM
yea everyone needs to relax I understand it may suck if you haven't been able to download the client yet but you have to remember these are betas and are for testing purposes. One of their purposes is the inviting process. It has also been said that if you applied your key you have a very good chance of getting into this weekends BETA. Again i realize not being able to download the client yet but we have not paid Trion a dollar yet and they are allowing us to test a game we are all waiting anxiously for

Oh, this mean, my beta key not guaranted me invitation to tests? Then why mmorpg.com, who give me my key not inform about this?
PS
Also, i dont have mail, i register my key 15 january. I start download (if i start) when? 18? When tests starts?

Myll_Erik
01-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Your key does guarantee you access to testing - please be patient as we are mailing out invites.

Sinistral
01-17-2013, 02:40 PM
It is nice that every time people get to test a game early for free they still have to complain about how it's served to them. And let's be honest, an open beta is used as a game testing demo by most of the participants anyway.

Especially patience seems shortcoming these days. :(

Tenz
01-17-2013, 02:48 PM
i missed the last beta test just by 3 min T_T needless to say i was devastated

But im just rtying to see if my PC will handle the graphics LOL

ill be getting it on Xbox 360

DiRtDoGg
01-17-2013, 02:54 PM
It is nice that every time people get to test a game early for free they still have to complain about how it's served to them. And let's be honest, an open beta is used as a game testing demo by most of the participants anyway.

I could not agree more with this statement.. A lot of people have bad entitlement issues.

Aculeus
01-17-2013, 03:02 PM

No my friend, i tested many games, and always send my comments, sugestions, to devs. I like idea this game, and i hope, i can help find and repair or change everything what is bad. Yes, im little inpatients, because i must go sleep near time and i hope i can start download game before...

PS
Thank you, Myll Erick for answer :)

bwar
01-17-2013, 03:08 PM

In this scenario I don't think the issue is entitlement but is more poor communication. If when we got our beta keys we were clearly told that we would be given eventually access with a staggered invite there would be no issue right now. But in most cases we were just told guaranteed access with email instruction arriving at the beginning of the week.

I think a new post by a dev explaining exactly what is happening with the beta this weekend would instantly help to alleviate some of the complaints/issues that are arising currently.

Rickochetp
01-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the updates, folks. I am one of the many waiting for my email after I entered a code, but hopefully, I will get that email soon! Can't wait!!!!!

Wake
01-17-2013, 04:01 PM
How many GB is the client currently?

I'm one of those with piss-poor downstream rate - kinda sucks losing out 1 - 1 1/2 days just because the client can't be offered earlier before actual access starts.

SKIgoBOOM
01-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Both me and My fiance want to play this bad! Hoping for a beta invite to both or one of us so we can test some =D

Sneakybuffalo
01-17-2013, 04:05 PM

I'm one of those with piss-poor downstream rate - kinda sucks losing out 1 - 1 1/2 days just because the client can't be offered earlier before actual access starts.

Hmm, a AAA MMO. Ima guess 21G but no idea, just a guess. I'm waiting too.

SKIgoBOOM
01-17-2013, 04:08 PM
I could not agree more with this statement.. A lot of people have bad entitlement issues.

Same.

/12char

Urahara
01-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Heads up to a few people:

I entered the beta code I got from ZAM.com about two days ago. I JUST got my e-mail a few minutes ago. I'm currently downloading the beta as I type this. So if you've been waiting for an email for about the same amount of time or longer, expect it VERY soon.

The download is currently 9.66 GB.

kratos
01-17-2013, 09:24 PM
dude , we have the same problem too, i registered the closed beta account on monday , but now i still did not get the download link
what happened to me????i have registered 3 account to participate this closed beta .........but unitl now no one got the game download email.....

kratos
01-17-2013, 09:27 PM

sigh.....I also don't have an option to download it from my Trion account Defiance page too!!!!!!
what is happeneing????

garfield
01-18-2013, 04:06 AM
I just entered my beta key from tentonhammer. Will I ever get an email to play this weekend?

kratos2
01-18-2013, 04:11 AM
I just entered my beta key from tentonhammer. Will I ever get an email to play this weekend?

i think not , this game still has the issue when ppl registered the beta , you will never receive the game email

kevincurry115
01-18-2013, 05:17 AM
well im guessing if we didnt get it by now we aint gettin in lol

Butch
01-18-2013, 05:18 AM
dude , we have the same problem too, i registered the closed beta account on monday , but now i still did not get the download link

Did you maybe enter more than one code? I entered (accidentally) two codes on monday(14th) and still have not received an invite or have the NDA confirmation dialogue on my account page. My brother entered his code yesterday on another account(same PC) and got his invite e-mail and the NDA dialogue a few hours later. His code was from ZAM, mine were both from the official Twitter account(100-Use-Code).

I think entering multiple codes could be the issue, that's why I'm asking.

kratos2
01-18-2013, 05:26 AM
Did you maybe enter more than one code? I entered (accidentally) two codes on monday(14th) and still have not received an invite or have the NDA confirmation dialogue on my account page. My brother entered his code yesterday on another account(same PC) and got his invite e-mail and the NDA dialogue a few hours later. His code was from ZAM, mine were both from the official Twitter account(100-Use-Code).

I think entering multiple codes could be the issue, that's why I'm asking.

no..thats not relevant ,i have an account that i didn't apply more 1 code so.....sigh.......

SoulWings
01-18-2013, 05:32 AM
I'm guessing I am too late if I applied my beta key as of today.

Butch
01-18-2013, 05:35 AM
no..thats not relevant ,i have an account that i didn't apply more 1 code so.....sigh.......

Ok, it was just a theory. ;) Then we seem to be just out of luck. :-/