PDA

View Full Version : The Tutorial

Xyr3s
03-25-2013, 07:52 PM
trion should add an option to skip the tutorial... i have now done the tutorial like 10 times on beta and alpha with all the wipes and what not. if i have to do the tutorial one more time ima pull my hair out.

just sayin... it would be a conveience if this was possible :D

Komakala
03-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Yeah, would be nice. I just find myself bombing through there as fast as I can to get into the world.

S4DN3SS
03-25-2013, 07:59 PM
I agree with you. When we play the Beta, pretty much all of us made at least 2 different characters for the different specializations. With all of the time-wasting tutorials, we wasted at least an hour of our beta time on just the tutorials. And when the game releases, the beta characters probably wont transfer so we all have to do the tutorials over and over again.

Mur
03-25-2013, 08:00 PM
Or make it more extensive and include Easter eggs. It would be cool to throw something interesting into the tutorial like codes and whatnot.

RelativeBlue
03-25-2013, 08:04 PM
I don't recall the opening tutorial taking more than five minutes... When I consider the amount of time one will spend on a single character the tutorial delay seems so insignificant. I can't wait for release either!

gjwhite66
03-25-2013, 08:18 PM
Yeah, the tutorial didn't take long at all. Barely 5 minutes until you made it to the crash site and were finally able to earn xp. That's pretty much the world of MMO's, though. You generally don't get to skip the tutorials unless you meet some sort of account requirement. Normally, it's something like having another character on your account that has reached level 10 or something. It might be something as simple as that, or they may not give you the option to skip at all. I also wouldn't be surprised if they change the tutorial up a little bit. I've seen it happen enough times. But regardless, even if they don't change it or give us the option to skip, be thankful. It could be worse. The Champions Online tutorial lasts nearly an hour, and it only gets you to level 5,

Xyr3s
03-25-2013, 08:22 PM
i wouldnt mind if they changed the tutorial :D