PDA

View Full Version : Soooo...Volge Huh?

Chapel
07-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Was I the only person who got his face rocked by a single Volge? I mean,I'm not bad at this game. Seen an emergency titled "Blow Up the Volge" (or something like that,I think) and seen just two Volge hanging out (why does this sound dirty?). Decided drive over to kindly inform them that they were about to be blown up. Only to have my vehicle instantly explode and catch some pretty hot rounds to the face. Went down instantly.

I'm not much for whips and chains...but I think I like this.

EV76
07-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Lol, reads again op and envisions what happened, lol!. Good times.

Monkerlotus
07-01-2013, 12:53 PM
They certainly fight harder than other enemy groups, but their troopers have a serious weakness with us being right handed and them being lefties, its easy to just kite corners and pop their heads :P Bombers are the ones that kick me in the groin the most.

Chapel
07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah I noticed their weapon arm too. Meanwhile,a Viscera just reached in and murdered my soul. Hit me so hard that even my EGO was like "Hey let's use that weapon to break up the crystal!" and I'm like "WHAT?! There's no crystal! What's wrong with you?!"

jbob spittlewop
07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
I love that their shields regen, thank you for a bit of challenge.

Monkerlotus
07-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Yeah I noticed their weapon arm too. Meanwhile,a Viscera just reached in and murdered my soul. Hit me so hard that even my EGO was like "Hey let's use that weapon to break up the crystal!" and I'm like "WHAT?! There's no crystal! What's wrong with you?!"

lol yeah that threw me for a loop too, overall i enjoy the Volge and their loot pinata armies.

Chapel
07-01-2013, 01:33 PM
lol yeah that threw me for a loop too, overall i enjoy the Volge and their loot pinata armies.

Yeah I actually felt like I earned something when I turned the camera and seen a hill covered in loot.lol But that was after dying numerous times and having to extract near the Golden Gate Bridge.

septim
07-01-2013, 02:07 PM
sounds like weve got our handsfull guys.

Monkerlotus
07-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Yeah I actually felt like I earned something when I turned the camera and seen a hill covered in loot.lol But that was after dying numerous times and having to extract near the Golden Gate Bridge.

Yeah i've been using siphon guns and stealth to keep the Volge from eating me alive lol.

Valentine
07-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Was I the only person who got his face rocked by a single Volge? I mean,I'm not bad at this game. Seen an emergency titled "Blow Up the Volge" (or something like that,I think) and seen just two Volge hanging out (why does this sound dirty?). Decided drive over to kindly inform them that they were about to be blown up. Only to have my vehicle instantly explode and catch some pretty hot rounds to the face. Went down instantly.

I'm not much for whips and chains...but I think I like this.

Let me get my whip and I'll show you a good time boy ;) lol

Chapel
07-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Let me get my whip and I'll show you a good time boy ;) lol

I...I don't know how I feel about this. O_O

Atticus Batman
07-01-2013, 03:54 PM
I...I don't know how I feel about this. O_O

Maybe that depends on how much hotter than her av she is?!

Chapel
07-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Maybe that depends on how much hotter than her av she is?!

Yeah I'm going to have to agree with this.lol

Echoe
07-01-2013, 04:06 PM
I got face stomped off my runner and saw several bodies crawling in the road. The Volge are a great change.

Valentine
07-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah I'm going to have to agree with this.lol

I picked this avatar bc she looks like me =3

But I was just kidding don't get your hopes up lolol ♥

T_Archangel
07-01-2013, 04:11 PM

Wow... just wow... LOL

Chapel
07-01-2013, 04:14 PM

Nope nope! Too late! The statue of limitations on posting to get out of it is up.lol

Mladenov
07-01-2013, 04:20 PM
One joke about Volge from me.
Chuck Norris does not shoot Volge,
Volge shoot them selves when they see Chuck Norris!!!

Valentine
07-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Oh lawd lol xD this is what I get for being flirty lolol ♥

Chapel
07-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Oh lawd lol xD this is what I get for being flirty lolol ♥

Hey had you posted sooner,you could have gotten out of it! haha!

Chapel
07-01-2013, 04:24 PM
One joke about Volge from me.
Chuck Norris does not shoot Volge,
Volge shoot them selves when they see Chuck Norris!!!

...I think every thread here needs at least one Chuck Norris joke.lol

But seriously,the Volge are pretty much walking tanks. I love fighting them!

Valentine
07-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Hey had you posted sooner,you could have gotten out of it! haha!

Oh I thought you'd be looking for a tissue ;p

Zydrate
07-01-2013, 04:56 PM
The troopers can kill me if I lack cover. They hit hard and fast.

The big guys I can generally dodge around.

Dolnor
07-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Challenges...I love a challenge!

Yeah, driving into what amounts to a walking wall of electrified metal...is not a good idea. Definitely a Shocking Conclusion!

TQQdles™

Epshiluss
07-01-2013, 05:02 PM
All we need now is a titian Volge the size of a hulker sporting heat seeking shoulder rockets and twin reapers.

Has anyone lured a hulker to a volge emergency? I'm pretty sure the hulker would go down pretty quickly.

Monkerlotus
07-01-2013, 05:05 PM
All we need now is a titian Volge the size of a hulker sporting heat seeking shoulder rockets and twin reapers.

Has anyone lured a hulker to a volge emergency? I'm pretty sure the hulker would go down pretty quickly.

Im curious how it would turn out, I've seen Hulkers One shot Monarchs and tankers without a sweat.

The Oncoming Storm
07-01-2013, 05:09 PM
fire and radiation work wonders,
Wolfhounds are very effective as well...

jackalom
07-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Volge ! Best enemy ever !!! Talk about delighted to be tortured. I am trying to up my xp in sawed up shotties and these things made my head twirl faster than a hottie with DD's !!! I definitely got made to feel like a boob ! Time to use those legendary weapons !

Chapel
07-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Oh I thought you'd be looking for a tissue ;p

Oh ha ha! Very funny!...But I probably should though.lol

jackalom
07-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Im curious how it would turn out, I've seen Hulkers One shot Monarchs and tankers without a sweat.

Imagine if they had a battle arena where you can pit enemies against each other and then gamble scrip !

Chapel
07-01-2013, 05:11 PM

I liked seeing the Volge casually backhand hellbugs during a firefight with me. It was pretty epic.lol

Valentine
07-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Oh ha ha! Very funny!...But I probably should though.lol

Better get a few! You wont last >:) ♥

Don't be coy Chapel, my boyfriend doesn't let me flirt with other boys when I'm with him so I have to tease here! =ppp

JxSiN
07-01-2013, 06:11 PM

Hey, I picked my avatar because it looks like me too! Coincidence? I think not

:)

dominad
07-01-2013, 06:46 PM
These volge spawn non stop my LMG is up to level 16 already but doing an emergency alone is not so great :P

Valentine
07-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Hey, I picked my avatar because it looks like me too! Coincidence? I think not

:)

=D ♥ wanna date my avatar?! lmao

JxSiN
07-01-2013, 06:56 PM

haha avatarmatch.com

Valentine
07-01-2013, 07:07 PM
haha avatarmatch.com

Get out! They have this site? It didn't go to anything for me =CCCCC

JxSiN
07-01-2013, 07:25 PM

Nah, was a joke. But I think we have a goldmine of a concept here.

*trademark

Natjur
07-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Nah, was a joke. But I think we have a goldmine of a concept here.

*trademark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

Chapel
07-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Better get a few! You wont last >:) ♥

Don't be coy Chapel, my boyfriend doesn't let me flirt with other boys when I'm with him so I have to tease here! =ppp

Well I feel somewhat special.lol All this talk of Volge slaying,whips,chains,and tissues gave me a Volge in my pants....I need to go shoot stuff...with my gun...my other gun...my assault rifle!...Forget it! There's no way around that! >_<

Valentine
07-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Well I feel somewhat special.lol All this talk of Volge slaying,whips,chains,and tissues gave me a Volge in my pants....I need to go shoot stuff...with my gun...my other gun...my assault rifle!...Forget it! There's no way around that! >_<

Chains?! I'm not into the bondage stuff sorry hun lol xDDD I just like to whip my slav... *sneeze* lovers. ^.^

Chapel
07-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Chains?! I'm not into the bondage stuff sorry hun lol xDDD I just like to whip my slav... *sneeze* lovers. ^.^

Psh! I'm not into bondage either! I just like getting shot in the face by Volge apparently...*sigh* Where did they get that name from?

Wait,who did what about slaves!? lol

Valentine
07-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Psh! I'm not into bondage either! I just like getting shot in the face by Volge apparently...*sigh* Where did they get that name from?

Wait,who did what about slaves!? lol

Nothing, nothing!!! Lets see I need my car fixed, my air conditioning and he can pick up errands... why are you looking at me like that?!

Dolnor
07-01-2013, 08:02 PM

http://www.complex.com/video-games/2013/02/10-hook-up-websites-for-lonely-gamers/

https://www.lfgdating.com/

http://www.videogamerdating.com/ (owned by Online Connections Inc. who provide a lot of other dating sites... http://www.onlineconnectionsinc.com/portfolio.html)

Yeah, I'm too old for those sites...I just visit the "55+ Senior Center" for my dates! LOL

TQQdles™

Chapel
07-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Nothing, nothing!!! Lets see I need my car fixed, my air conditioning and he can pick up errands... why are you looking at me like that?!

Psh! There's people out there that need saving and you're talking about your air conditioning??? How could you?!

Reiku78
07-01-2013, 08:04 PM
The volage needs a nerf they are WAY OP.

Valentine
07-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Psh! There's people out there that need saving and you're talking about your air conditioning??? How could you?!

But but I'll get all hotttt =((((

Chapel
07-01-2013, 08:39 PM
But but I'll get all hotttt =((((

Well technically if you're in the bay area,it shouldn't be too hot.lol :p

Chapel
07-01-2013, 08:39 PM
The volage needs a nerf they are WAY OP.

Tell me you're not serious? lol

Das Muffinatur
07-01-2013, 08:53 PM
The Volge dropped kick me so many times in one mission.
I found out:
-Electricity works well
-Don't do it alone

Chapel
07-01-2013, 09:11 PM
I found out:
-Electricity works well
-Don't do it alone

I think syphon also works pretty good. For me at least. Syphon and some obstacles. For any damage you take,fire a few shots and replace the lost shields/health. As for doing it alone,it seems to be a mixed bag. They scale up with the more people there,but you get the benefit of distraction.

Natjur
07-01-2013, 09:19 PM
I found out:
-Electricity works well
-Don't do it alone

What weapon were you using? They dropped like flies (SAW with syphon), the elite versions took a bit but the others....

Uchiha Micah
07-01-2013, 10:40 PM
I was hit by the Volge so hard that my Ego level dropped. I had to go back to the drawing board : )

Moa
07-01-2013, 11:12 PM

Saw it happen today, Hulker one shotted one of them like it wasn't no thang.

JxSiN
07-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I found out:
-Electricity works well
-Don't do it alone

I don't know what system you are playing on, but on PS3, electricity is the worst to use. The volge do not stun. I guess for a species designed for war, they never developed the ability to dance. All electricity does is a 1 point tick, not even flash grenades are worth a poo.

Aeothena
07-02-2013, 12:27 AM

This made my morning !!! :p

Phuccko
07-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Geez......for a minute there I thought I was reading a thread on e-harmony

Zydrate
07-02-2013, 10:36 AM

They'll probably introduce mechs in sieges or future missions or something.

Maitreakow
07-02-2013, 10:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

How have I not seen this before? Gold I say, Gold!

Elric1
07-02-2013, 11:24 AM
I don't know what system you are playing on, but on PS3, electricity is the worst to use. The volge do not stun. I guess for a species designed for war, they never developed the ability to dance. All electricity does is a 1 point tick, not even flash grenades are worth a poo.

My elec SAW made them double over for free shots. Wouldn't that be a stun? I mean a tall tning like that going on all fours for a minute would be kinda noticeable....

Conneri
07-02-2013, 11:53 AM
The 'Blow up the Volge' emergency also has two elites for the last part which makes them even more fun for your first attempt. Driving up to those two without knowing what they are is a painful lesson. Especially when you rez before realizing they just tossed two splash grenades.

Igneus
07-02-2013, 12:18 PM
I was playing earlier today and came across a Volge emergency on the road leading from Shoshana's Consulate. I drove past them when I saw it was Volge and saw it was an emergency (I had no idea the Volge were being released). I turned around and drove back, exited my vehicle and equipped my bolt action sniper rifle. I thought two or three shots should take care of them just like the tougher Dark Matter. I aimed for the head of one (there were three), fired and hit with a critical head shot. My jaw dropped when I noticed all that did was drop his shield by a little less than 1/4. That's when I called up my vehicle and drove away. This is going to require a little more planning.

Amone
07-02-2013, 12:19 PM
I wondered what Voges are when I read about them this morning in the forum) , later today i ran into them near the Tower (San francisco) it was an emergency, i don´t know what it was called, but there were three to four smaller ones and a huge one :rolleyes. I liked it, died three times, then played hide and seek with the big one, kept running around the vehicle, and used my brand new orange VOT spiker protector on him , it certainly wasn´t the most heroic victory but victory is a victory :p

alred
07-02-2013, 12:49 PM
They certainly fight harder than other enemy groups, but their troopers have a serious weakness with us being right handed and them being lefties, its easy to just kite corners and pop their heads :P Bombers are the ones that kick me in the groin the most.

After watching the Movie Battleship, I now have an image of the Volge. If you've never seen the movie, the Aliens in it have a weapon arm, and a normal arm.

They also wear combat armor. Hence they seem to be pretty much Volge.

Flank
07-02-2013, 01:54 PM
These volge spawn non stop my LMG is up to level 16 already but doing an emergency alone is not so great :P

I feel the same way.

Atticus Batman
07-02-2013, 01:55 PM

http://www.datemyavatar.biz/index.html

Atticus Batman
07-02-2013, 01:58 PM
My radiation Saw did the same thing. Maybe it's just from the rapid damage Saws do?

ghesse87
07-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Yes, I think it was rude to be introduced to these folks without warning. I was driving by mining my own business. Went to visit a farm to play around with the raiders. Noticed a new group of folks actually fighting the raiders and thought I would join in only to get b*tch slapped that threw me back about 200 yards. I shook it off and did what most folks would do....took out my Dodge and ran like a yipping dog back to a safe base to figure out what the hell just happened.

Decided to return to the crime scene and this time a little more prepared. Wiped out my Sniper Rifle and attempted to practice on one only to find out they all work together and do not go down easily. Resumed the Dodge challenge and ran back to the safe base to do my soul searching.

Decided to avoid that farm until I got my bearings and found two on the road with a nice special weapon laying on the ground.....rushed to get it and that beauty gave me the courage I needed after two one shot one kills of these damn things. Found another group of them a few yards away on a hill beating down some poor folks. Decided to help and sure enough, I was able to take down 3 of those turds, with one magic spiked one that can blur......he went down in time but I am liking these new folks!!!

Xynnvincible
07-02-2013, 02:23 PM
yeah i noticed their weapon arm too. Meanwhile,a viscera just reached in and murdered my soul. Hit me so hard that even my ego was like "hey let's use that weapon to break up the crystal!" and i'm like "what?! There's no crystal! What's wrong with you?!"

rofl
/10char

Leold
07-02-2013, 03:02 PM
The Volge are excellent enemies, so glad they've added them. I completely underestimated them in my first encounter and got wrecked. My bolt action does only marginal damage to their health and shields, even on headshots. It takes a lot to stagger them as well and they aren't stunned by nano effects.

Even after taking out most of the, the viscera charged at me around a vehicle when I wasn't expecting it and downed me. Reminded me of Biotic Charge from Mass Effect Vanguards (new EGO power please :D)

I love they're a real challenge and can be highly dangerous enemies to the unprepared.

Chapel
07-02-2013, 03:48 PM
I think I kinda like the surprise appearance. Like stumbling onto them randomly. It was nice for what I thought was going to be a "log in,look for an arkfall,complete it,exit game" scenario. Instead,I was removed violently from my vehicle and bent over a tree stump by reptilian creatures....well that isn't exactly enjoyable,but I'm sure you guys get what I'm saying,right?...RIGHT??? ;_;

Misto29
07-02-2013, 03:55 PM
I think I kinda like the surprise appearance. Like stumbling onto them randomly. It was nice for what I thought was going to be a "log in,look for an arkfall,complete it,exit game" scenario. Instead,I was removed violently from my vehicle and bent over a tree stump by reptilian creatures....well that isn't exactly enjoyable,but I'm sure you guys get what I'm saying,right?...RIGHT??? ;_;

So you're saying you like the ruff stuff, being smacked around and called Sally? And let me just clarify it's only good if it's the Volge? If so I know exactly what you're saying. :cool:

Natjur
07-02-2013, 03:56 PM
There needs to be more surprises, its not like death means anything or your lose anything (except 180 scrip)

I would love to see more random and deathly stuff
(1) Ark falls (when they hit the ground) should do more damage (and maybe kill) those nearby
(2) More pods (the ones that nuke you from range) should random spawn at random spots (they would be like snipers against you)
(3) Make the Dark Matter snipers almost one shot you!
(4) Give us CHAMP Volge, the elites are fun, but something that needs a few people to kill, like a CHAMP version would be cool, but make then out of the way (not on the road) as that would kill the solo players.

Chapel
07-02-2013, 04:39 PM
So you're saying you like the ruff stuff, being smacked around and called Sally? And let me just clarify it's only good if it's the Volge? If so I know exactly what you're saying. :cool:

Someone understands!!!

Chapel
07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
There needs to be more surprises, its not like death means anything or your lose anything (except 180 scrip)

(1) Ark falls (when they hit the ground) should do more damage (and maybe kill) those nearby
(2) More pods (the ones that nuke you from range) should random spawn at random spots (they would be like snipers against you)
(4) Give us CHAMP Volge, the elites are fun, but something that needs a few people to kill, like a CHAMP version would be cool, but make then out of the way (not on the road) as that would kill the solo players.

I would suggest...uh...well...putting these on the suggestion board.lol But honestly,I only somewhat agree with these ideas. They're cool,but I could see things falling apart in execution.

melkathi
07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Volge are fun. It makes a huge difference what kind of weapon you are using. With slow firing guns I was getting beaten into a pulp. Then I tried my assault rifle and was doing better. Then I used a SMG (with syphon nano effect) and overcharge and it ate right through them. That is until a Viscera charged through a hillside, a large rock formation and a truck to pound me...
That is the one thing I would like to see looked at: charging through "solid" objects. The main problem with that being that you can't see the enemy to have a chance to react.

Aesu
07-02-2013, 07:31 PM
The Volge are a challenge, I love it! And they drop nice shinies for the effort!

Leold
07-02-2013, 07:40 PM

Even though they've said so far they have no plans to implement Razor Rain into the game, it would be really awesome to see that as well as normal weather sometime. They could get you some visual cues before it starts in the area and force players to outrun the storm or find shelter to survive.

alred
07-03-2013, 08:53 AM
The Volge gave us a lot of laughs in Clan chat yesterday. We had members logging on then they'd come onto the chat screaming about how had it was killing this new creature called Volge.

One guy said he was driving along, day dreaming about where to go to grind dailies. Next thing he knew, his car explodes and he is killed with just two shots to the back.

I can say this, the roads are no longer safe to just blindly drive on.