PDA

View Full Version : Volge First Impression

septim
07-01-2013, 01:59 PM
so whats everyones first impression on the volge? :cool:

Midori Oku
07-01-2013, 02:01 PM
It's a nice and welcomed challenge in my book. In my opinion, they are the hardest enemies in the game. There needs to be more enemies like them, and even harder enemies in the future! :3

Nyako
07-01-2013, 02:02 PM
so whats everyones first impression on the volge? :cool:

Love it... but also can see where doing their emergencies will get tiring fast...

For all those that having issues with them... here is some tips: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?101536-Volge-emergencies-feedback(bad-bug-design)&p=939612&viewfull=1#post939612

BlackR3ap3r
07-01-2013, 02:05 PM
they are a welcome addition to the game.....finally something that takes more than a single LMG clip to the head :) i cant wait till they bring the volge sieges out and watch the fields run red with the blood of the fallen.....

JxSiN
07-01-2013, 02:06 PM
When I first saw them: Oh sweet, the Volge
After the 1st time: Oh shtako, the Volge

A very welcome challenge

Nyako
07-01-2013, 02:10 PM
When I first saw them: Oh sweet, the Volge
After the 1st time: Oh shtako, the Volge

A very welcome challenge

Almost like me, except I was like, "What type of enemy is that?" And then a few shoots by them and I realized, Volge.

After the first one, I'm like, "Oh Volge... no biggy." They are actually to me one of the easiest enemies in the game. Dark matter still seems to be more complex than them since they spam the same mooves over and over... No variety still... but compared to what we had, a welcomed change.

unlucky haha
07-01-2013, 02:13 PM
ABSOLUTLY LOVED IT!!Has given me more intrege in to these up coming charge weapons we are meant to be getting,,and to be fair wish it they were more tougher,,its been the 1st mild challenge of the game,,now if we had an arkfull of those guys falling out of the sky..imagine how amazing that would be and a legendary weapon drops on the boss,,with 1st come 1st serve..AWSOME as i say ..peace.

Dave Blackwell
07-01-2013, 02:20 PM
A step in the right direction in regards to a challenge, in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see what tops the volge in the future whatever that may bring. They definitely encourage working with fellow players, that's for sure; more enemies like this in future is what's needed to band the community together and help it prosper in game I reckon.

dbcameron
07-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Love the Volge. Love it.

Can't wait for Co-op dungeons full of them when we go after their underground lairs. Or for when they show up in akfalls and sieges. We need more enemies like this. Real enemies.

Milar
07-01-2013, 02:23 PM
6th time i died without even denting their shield I logged out....
Not trying them alone again,thats for sure

xoxid
07-01-2013, 02:23 PM
It's a nice and welcomed challenge in my book. In my opinion, they are the hardest enemies in the game. There needs to be more enemies like them, and even harder enemies in the future! :3

Well said!

hardy83
07-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Yeah mock me, but if you're doing an emergency solo they are kind of "too" hard.
Unless there's structures near the emergency to hide like a ruined house or something you're kind of screwed. lol

I did an emergency with 2 other people and it was fine. Still a challenge compared to other emergencies, but solo I think it was too hard.

If you DO want to keep it as hard as it is, FIX THE RESPAWN POINTS!
It's bad enough to constantly die, but to constantly have to re-travel 2-5 minutes back to the emergency is stupid.

Also a side thing, is anyone else having issues where sniper guns literally do nothing to enemies? I see the damage number but the mob acts as if it's not in combat and stays at full health.

septim
07-01-2013, 02:24 PM
that's exactly what im talking about Milar. this is gona make people play together. its gona be awesome.

T_Archangel
07-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Personally I am loving the Volge addition. Great stuff! Nice challenge, good drops, welcome variety. Just leaves me wanting more objectives to complete that involve them. But overall this addition is great. Kudos Trion!

Valentine
07-01-2013, 02:26 PM
They bent me over the first few times then I learned how to fight them. It's still a pain if you get a lot of them at once though =x

I can see why we're getting charge weapons you just can't stay out of cover for long with these guys xDDD

septim
07-01-2013, 02:27 PM
exactly. this is going to be good for the game and the players. it will be nice to have people actually wana play in groups for once.

TravelerX1
07-01-2013, 02:28 PM
I think they are perfect. (I can't believe I just typed that relating to this game)
They require team work and possibly a medic....

Can't imagine what the sieges are going to look like.... LOL
MEDIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mladenov
07-01-2013, 02:29 PM
I could stay all night "in cover" with you Valentine!
Sadly i can not try new fors till i got my pc back...

Dave Blackwell
07-01-2013, 02:31 PM
I think they are perfect. (I can't believe I just typed that relating to this game)

There won't be any issues with getting revives that's for sure haha.

Shadow Andreas
07-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Also a side thing, is anyone else having issues where sniper guns literally do nothing to enemies? I see the damage number but the mob acts as if it's not in combat and stays at full health.[/QUOTE]

Take off the Gunslinger perk and you should be fine....unless your gun itself has the bonus of the perk....then you are in trouble until they fix the bonus issue.

TravelerX1
07-01-2013, 02:32 PM
There won't be any issues with getting revives that's for sure haha.

Damn straight!
The Self revive weapon bonuses might actually be popular now, LOL
Hahahahahaha

Veratas
07-01-2013, 02:43 PM
was excited to have reason to log back in,
wife shouts "im being attacked by a 'Voleeee' thingy, how do i kill these?"
omg the volge, boot up xbox, log on, spawn on group, die,
respawn, switch class, die,
extract.
drive to same spot, pick up team mates, die
respawn, smg ammo glitches out, grab a shotty, cant hurt them, die
respawn, lmg ammo glitches after 1 clip, die
respawn, try infector cloak build, get killed while fully cloaked
respawn, find out my big boomer that i've used for thousands of kills has now become manual reload
respawn, flash bang = no effect, poopfeet orange launcher= no effect, electric northstar that normally stuns and burns huge groups = stagger but little effect, die
extract, log out
reload dark souls,
where a difficult AI isn't just high regen and 100% accuracy......

Valentine
07-01-2013, 02:52 PM

xDDD Well hun our fun might be short lived if they're coming for us!