PDA

View Full Version : Nerf the volge

Remag Div
07-01-2013, 02:14 PM
FFS Trion I didn't ask for this.. not even a warning putting super OP robots in the game, nerf them now or I will not spend any more Bits in the store.

Official warning!

HELL MAMA
07-01-2013, 02:16 PM
mabe there are hard because you all wanted the guns nerfed lol.

Azydom
07-01-2013, 02:16 PM
LMAO :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Iorail
07-01-2013, 02:17 PM
FFS Trion I didn't ask for this.. not even a warning putting super OP robots in the game, nerf them now or I will not spend any more Bits in the store.

Official warning!

The door it's that way --------------------------------->

Reverend Blood
07-01-2013, 02:18 PM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5044/5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg

Misto29
Do not nerf the Volge! This is making people work together and I am loving it!

xoxid
Nerf the volge and I stop playing.
Make em stronger and I will kiss you.

BlackR3ap3r
07-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Official warning!

If your trolling.....lol.....if not get the hell out of the forums and burn your copy of defiance.....

T_Archangel
07-01-2013, 02:23 PM

Official warning!

This was meant to be sarcastic HAHA right? o_O Otherwise this is got to be far from the best post you have ever made. But if trying to make fun of the whiners then it's hysterical!

septim
07-01-2013, 02:23 PM
yeah lets not get rid of one of the things that's making people actually play together.... I do believe my good sir that would be a very bad idea.

TravelerX1
07-01-2013, 02:24 PM
3 Clan mates and I did 5 emergencies in a row and let me just say.....

1.) Don't go alone
2.) Those Combat Medic class perks are going to find a lot more use ;)
3.) Keep em just like they are. Perfect. Not insane, but capable of putting serious hurt on.

Midori Oku
07-01-2013, 02:24 PM
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx165/Nightwolf114/motivatorf296128a6a11204575791642069d9eaafee829b3_ zpsa6550c4f.jpg

Mladenov
07-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Let the cry BEGIN!!!
Do not nerf Volge, i havent tested them yet!
Because my pc broke and i will have it (hopefuly) in the end of the week!
Let me try these mother****ers!!!

BLACKATOM
07-01-2013, 02:26 PM

Official warning!

Really!? So after Trion worked on the volge and listed to the community your way of saying thanks is complaining? Gamers like you are the reason why alot of games Suck because you want everything nerfed! Well the Defiance Community won't miss you or your money! You know where the door is and Break the CD on your way out!:mad:

SpiritumLiberum
07-01-2013, 02:27 PM

Official warning!

Learning to play better is the key, don't ruin it for everyone else. We like a challenge.

Dave Blackwell
07-01-2013, 02:28 PM
This is one of these types of threads where I can't decide if it's serious or not.

If it's not serious, fair play to you. If it is? These are the sort of enemies these type of games need in order to encourage a healthy community and promote working together with each other. Games where you have your hand held throughout the whole experience is not entirely enjoyable. Whereas on the other hand games which are A level of difficulty then that allows a sense of achievement, to an extent. Plus the volge aren't necessarily difficult at all, you just have to work together with a few players and then you've got it in the bag.

Nerfing them would be entirely counter productive.

Cavadus
07-01-2013, 02:30 PM
If your trolling.....lol.....if not get the hell out of the forums and burn your copy of defiance.....

This.

/10characters

GEN MOE
07-01-2013, 02:44 PM

Official warning!

lol so ur trying to be that guy huh god u young kids wine so much i bet u never played games past 2006 lol cause if u did u would under stand that in game nerfs to games that u got 3 months did not ever ever happen why do u think there are 5 diffrent super street fighter games or 4 diffrent MK 3. Point being every time something doesnt go ur way stop crying for a nerf bat it makes it worse

alpharougewarx
07-01-2013, 02:45 PM

Official warning!

team work is needed to fight the volge. are you nuts trying to go agenst the volge alone XD

SydSynister
07-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Is this for real?
I just jumped into the game and did two emergencies since I heard they had popped up. Yeah, they're harder, but not insanely so. I found them really fun!

doubleshot27
07-01-2013, 03:04 PM
wow ur that bad at the game that you cant beat them im glad theres somewhat of a challenge now ..... go play minecraft its easier for you lol

DarknessEyes PT
07-01-2013, 03:04 PM
In first time i died because i didnt knew their attacks, now i can solo their emergencies.
Yes, they have alots of hp and do a good dmg but their not that hard.
Best mobs ever in game!

Ozzy
07-01-2013, 03:11 PM
2x bombers(with knockback attacks) is fun.... :)

Milofo
07-01-2013, 03:14 PM
They are not easy but that doesn't mean that you should get them made easy. I really hope you are joking OP.

nikra
07-01-2013, 03:30 PM
No.

/end thread

crazykyle88
07-01-2013, 03:36 PM
If anything, make them stronger..

Mercy Killing
07-01-2013, 03:37 PM
WANT VOLGE AS PLAYABLE RACE. 'Nuff said.

OutlawjaceX
07-01-2013, 03:43 PM
They lil easy for my character thought they was going be tough but guess im 2 good for them. Anyways not like dying hurts lol . Hope they put a coop n the game with them it be fun. We need more coop there is nothing left to do on this game but buy n sell stuff oh n farm

Atticus Batman
07-01-2013, 03:46 PM
If anything, make them stronger..

Exactly. They are SUPPOSED to be the baddest Motha f***as in the Universe!!!

WANT VOLGE AS PLAYABLE RACE. 'Nuff said.

Sounds fun, but if that happened we would get the NEUTERED baby brother/sister of the bunch! That part makes it seem less fun. sorry.

spawn2985
07-01-2013, 03:49 PM
ffs trion i didn't ask for this.. Not even a warning putting super op robots in the game, nerf them now or i will not spend any more bits in the store.

Official warning!

wtf......you suck

Zydrate
07-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Oh please. They're supposed to be no joke.

MrClip26
07-01-2013, 04:05 PM
i completed a full volge emergency in like 4 mins..OP..def not... i used a tachmag pluser with syphon and a vot fragger with syphon and they dropped like flies..give us 50 story robots then maybe they'll be OP with the way the game's AI is..

BlackR3ap3r
07-01-2013, 04:34 PM
i completed a full volge emergency in like 4 mins..OP..def not... i used a tachmag pluser with syphon and a vot fragger with syphon and they dropped like flies..give us 50 story robots then maybe they'll be OP with the way the game's AI is..

we'll get those giant robots soon enough with the Monolith Arkfalls in the first DLC.....when ever that gets here......

Eorthstapa
07-01-2013, 05:17 PM
The Volge are hard? Funny, I use them to level up my weapon skills now... A lot better than shooting at hulkers and forges.

Remag Div
07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Man you guys are easy...

I'll make sure to note this for future reference and posting.

Youkai Risu
07-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Nerf the volge and I promise you 25% of us players will say f this game. This is finally a challenge so let it be !

Linchpin
07-01-2013, 08:09 PM
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx165/Nightwolf114/motivatorf296128a6a11204575791642069d9eaafee829b3_ zpsa6550c4f.jpg

Midori, I laughed so hard when I saw this. Thank you for putting this post up.
I also wish to thank Trion for their efforts involving the implication of the Volge. They are an awesome, intimidating enemy. A member of my clan sent me a group invite as soon as I logged in and I joined her and two others and so began my first official clash with the Volge. Damn, it was thrilling. We used teamwork and a billion bullets to put down seven emergencies' worth of them, and I am baying for more.
Trion, I know we voice our disdain when you do not meet our expectations, but in this instance, you have. I want to thank you. You're bringing players together, keep it up.

Grymms
07-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Nerf....wtf •slaps you• back to hello kitty with you....or do you prefer Britney's Dance Fever....

I've been soloing them with a BMG for fun.... If anything they need a buff.

I can't wait for a sieges and ya got 10+ and a few Elites on the table at the same time.....

Nerf. ...NERF.....HOW DARE YOU SIR.

This is just want this game needs a bit of a challenge. If you can't solo them group up with a few more of the weaker ones. We shall call you Cannon Fodder Group Alpha if it makes ya feel better.

Dear Trion dont listen to this guy or any of his friends. Keep them as they are or ...even better make them harder. This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

This bubble wrapped world you have needs a few more things like this. Make things harder. Elite dungeons so the skillfull have something to do and the weak can fall by the roadside and cry themselves to the nearest minor arkfall.

SpiritumLiberum
07-01-2013, 09:22 PM
This bubble wrapped world you have needs a few more things like this. Make things harder. Elite dungeons so the skillfull have something to do and the weak can fall by the roadside and cry themselves to the nearest minor arkfall.

Hahahahahah! This!

KBob
07-01-2013, 09:25 PM
There was some fun when couple of members of 47th found themselves between _two_ volge emergencies. But still - we survived, and they - don't :)

Shada Mori
07-01-2013, 09:58 PM

Official warning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97du1N7Znb0

Phuccko
07-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Really!? So after Trion worked on the volge and listed to the community your way of saying thanks is complaining? Gamers like you are the reason why alot of games Suck because you want everything nerfed! Well the Defiance Community won't miss you or your money! You know where the door is and Break the CD on your way out!:mad:

Took the words right out of my mouth 😆

Moa
07-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Man you guys are easy...

I'll make sure to note this for future reference and posting.

What a chump.

Don Nawetta
07-01-2013, 11:12 PM
mabe there are hard because you all wanted the guns nerfed lol.

^This ! *LOL*

If they´re too hard, you´re too weak.

Glad Trion put the Volge into the game now, I expected them to appear first when the DLC is finally released. Didn´t play for a few days, now I´m eagerly waiting for the evening to smash some heads. (Or get my head smashed :p )

Moa
07-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Now just imagine the glory of a Volge Arkfall or Volge Siege.

All the bodies of Ark Hunters strewn about, how glorious that would be.

Don Nawetta
07-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Voting for Volge Arkfalls. This would be my chance to complete the 100 rezz on arkfalls pursuit^^

Sdric
07-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Use Blur against Viscera/Bomber...
And they're free food.

JxSiN
07-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Quickest ways to get the volge nerfed.

-Put them in PVP, and let PVP'ers complain
-Make shotguns their main weapon
-Let them kill skitterlings at arkfalls

Phuccko
07-02-2013, 12:04 AM
Quickest ways to get the volge nerfed.

-Put them in PVP, and let PVP'ers complain
-Make shotguns their main weapon
-Let them kill skitterlings at arkfalls

HAHAHAHAhahaha

Beck
07-02-2013, 12:05 AM
5 emergencies. Got owned a couple times. Figured out best weapons and attacks and now they are as easy as raiders. Still catch me flat footed at times, but still not so hard. Decent XP

Iceberg
07-02-2013, 02:12 AM
I think they are fine, a wolfhound and a SAW with a respark shield helps. It's not like trion is forcing it on you, its just an emergency you can just drive past.

Blight Wolf
07-02-2013, 02:22 AM
watch the show dude. volge are like reptiles

ChaosOneX
07-02-2013, 04:01 AM
only thing that needs to change with the volge is their accuracy. I'm tired of seeing the plasma bolt go easily 15 ft to my left, only for my shield to take damage.

Bradford
07-02-2013, 04:09 AM
I agree. The volge are too strong. I normally solo and prefer it. However, if I come across a mission with a volge spawn within a short distance, it is nearly impossible to complete it. Please reduce the volge to something reasonable so they don't frustrate us solo players.

Remag Div
07-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Okay, just so we're clear, I was joking. I thought it was pretty obvious when I said I won't be spending any more Bits in the Store.

Well, maybe that last part is true.

alred
07-02-2013, 08:34 AM
3 Clan mates and I did 5 emergencies in a row and let me just say.....

1.) Don't go alone
2.) Those Combat Medic class perks are going to find a lot more use ;)
3.) Keep em just like they are. Perfect. Not insane, but capable of putting serious hurt on.

Thank you for some useful intel.
I was wondering what I was doing wrong, as I kept getting killed. So we finally have an enemy we need a fire team for.
Which is great.

N3gativeCr33p
07-02-2013, 08:36 AM
I hope they don't nerf the Volge before I have a chance to fight against them for the first time... couldn't play yesterday because I had work around the house that I had to complete.

alred
07-02-2013, 08:37 AM
I agree. The volge are too strong. I normally solo and prefer it. However, if I come across a mission with a volge spawn within a short distance, it is nearly impossible to complete it. Please reduce the volge to something reasonable so they don't frustrate us solo players.

I'm a solo player, and I agree it's frustrating to hit your head against the wall, I do feel the game needed a harder enemy. One that will take team work to knock down.

Though I'm curious how a viscera volge would do against Nim, lol.

alred
07-02-2013, 08:39 AM
I think they are fine, a wolfhound and a SAW with a respark shield helps. It's not like trion is forcing it on you, its just an emergency you can just drive past.

Well they are in the effect that it's a episode mission. To kill 5 Volge emergencies. But a group of 4 should be able to do that in a day or so. Reason I said group is so people get credit for the kills in the mission as well.

Strontium Dog
07-02-2013, 08:40 AM

What people? Prime time EU PC theres very few around. Basically its not THAT much fun being solo with the Volge around. Hate games where the difference between the mobs one is used to and new ones is this-------------------------------------------------------------------------->far apart. Harder yes but really do they have to be so hard they arent fun anymore to play for 60 minutes at a time.

Data recorders and mobs with double hp and double dmg output STILL isnt content or DLC.

BCZero
07-02-2013, 08:44 AM
they only need to nerf the blast radius and fire rate of volge bomber its like facing 3 dark matter bulwark but combine into one badass soldier. i died many times from the blast radius that can't be seen since they don't have any option to increase the render distance. i can solo other emergence volge but not the Volge Assault on E-Rep Camp. i think you need at least 5 or 6 perks to solo few emergence volge. bmg against them is not recommended.

TheOz
07-02-2013, 09:01 AM

Official warning!

I was glad they were difficult! I finally HAD to break out my SAW/RANGER combo again, first time for normal mobs in about 2k ego.

boblinthegoblin
07-02-2013, 09:07 AM
never nurf the volge!!!! if anything make em stronger theyre awesome!

more veriety would be nice though...

HELL MAMA
07-02-2013, 09:09 AM
we are going to get the charged wepons you know. so i think we can go head to head with them then. but if they nerf them now then you guys will complain that they are too easy when we get better wepons.

TheOz
07-02-2013, 09:13 AM
never nurf the volge!!!! if anything make em stronger theyre awesome!

more veriety would be nice though...

Even more excited about the upcoming Volge sieges now.

Uchiha Micah
07-02-2013, 09:13 AM

Official warning!

Another noob bites the dust.

Dirtyshadow
07-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Solo they are too tough... find them a real pain as they are blocking all the roads and if your cruising, your gonna get plastered hard.
as a small group they scale very well and still are difficult and rewarding.

Nerf the normal ones... buff the elites and set it to spawn elites when 3 or more are present.

And were are the Volge Walking Tanks :P

m3dia6od
07-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeah, a couple of my friends were complaining they were to hard to beat and I always noticed when the emergencys would pop up, they would all run the other way. I would just start laughing and ask them why they did it. Ammo boxes are at the spot you fight them. Pull out an SMG and go to town. Very good way to rank up guns because they are harder to kill.
So my vote is for them to stay .. Just sayin ...

HELL MAMA
07-02-2013, 09:41 AM
i say dont nerf them i want to see what the new weapons do to them.

Beck
07-02-2013, 09:43 AM

You are aware this is a multi-player game? May not be a true MMO, but the idea is still to have a social experience with others. With that in mind you have to expect there will be content that challenges groups of people as well as solo players. You still have mutants, raiders, hellbugs and dark matter. You don't need to nurf the entire game because you choose to miss out on the multi-player content. It is your choice to play solo.

Bored Peon
07-02-2013, 09:50 AM
yeah lets not get rid of one of the things that's making people actually play together.... I do believe my good sir that would be a very bad idea.

Right, because forced grouping content in a game is a great idea. Especially when you get to an encounter with nobody else around.

Then toss in the fact the chat system stinks worse than a pig farm. Well I suppose you could group with a clan member, but wait, that is if it recognizes you are in the same clan AND the clan chat is working that day.

Putting in a mob that can shoot bombs non-stop so you can not even self-revive was such an awesome idea. Then make it fire fast enough rolling out of the way animation is slower than it tracks you firing.

Seriously, content that requires forced grouping should never have been added until after the social system was fixed.

Beck
07-02-2013, 09:50 AM
What people? Prime time EU PC theres very few around. Basically its not THAT much fun being solo with the Volge around. Hate games where the difference between the mobs one is used to and new ones is this-------------------------------------------------------------------------->far apart. Harder yes but really do they have to be so hard they arent fun anymore to play for 60 minutes at a time.

Data recorders and mobs with double hp and double dmg output STILL isnt content or DLC.

This is not DLC, this is pre-DLC and it is additional content. I have very little trouble beating the V solo. Sure I get taken down once in a while, but that is from not playing smart. Use cover to your advantage, for as hard as they hit, they move slowly and it is easy to dodge. This is a multi-player game, we needed some enemies worthy of groups. I think your exaggerating their difficulty or over estimating your ability to play the game. Man people think they are better gamers than they really are. It is all relative to your personal skill and abilities. Improve your skills and they will not seem so tough. Nurf them and you will never improve. Life doesn't nurf its self for you, Trion Shouldn't either.

SpannerPoint2
07-02-2013, 09:59 AM
team work is needed to fight the volge. are you nuts trying to go agenst the volge alone XD

Oh I dunno, I did 5 Volge emergencies solo last night. Probably extracted 3-4 times total. They're tough, but not that tough

Reverend Blood
07-02-2013, 10:02 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Ovr1vIX.png

Invader Nemesis
07-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Ha ha....NO.

Bradford
07-02-2013, 10:15 AM
You are aware this is a multi-player game? May not be a true MMO, but the idea is still to have a social experience with others. With that in mind you have to expect there will be content that challenges groups of people as well as solo players. You still have mutants, raiders, hellbugs and dark matter. You don't need to nurf the entire game because you choose to miss out on the multi-player content. It is your choice to play solo.

Sigh. I shouldn't be forced to group just to do normal content; I hate grouping. I haven't had an issue playing the way I like until now. My issue with the Volge is that they spawn right on top of or right next to missions I am trying to completed which renders that mission impossible. If Trion wants to force grouping that's fine, I'll play something else.

Reiku78
07-02-2013, 10:15 AM
I agree nerf the volge. It took me 10 minutes to clear one emergency and I was by myself ether nerf or lose more players trion.

MaxSterling
07-02-2013, 10:22 AM
I love that they chase you down. I was baiting them into Iron Demon and making them hit the AFC players... priceless.

TheChief10097
07-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Do not nerf the Volge! This is making people work together and I am loving it! YES!!!! I agree

HELL MAMA
07-02-2013, 10:30 AM
omg what is up with you people? you wanted all weapons nerfed.you cry that there is nothing to do,you want more content. some cry because everything is too easy. you say give us dlc now.

you already knew that the volge was going to be hard what do you really want
in this game people? why for gods sake dont you find another game because you are never pleased at all. too easy,too hard,nerf guns, nerf content,make content harder. make up your minds!

Sdric
07-02-2013, 10:33 AM
Do not nerf the Volge!

Once you figure out what's effective they ain't that strong anymore.
Huge crit area?
Here we go!

SpannerPoint2
07-02-2013, 10:38 AM
I love that they chase you down. I was baiting them into Iron Demon and making them hit the AFC players... priceless.

Ha! That sounds AWESOME

Zydrate
07-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Do not nerf the Volge!

Once you figure out what's effective they ain't that strong anymore.
Huge crit area?
Here we go!

Huge crit area yea, but it only does 100 more damage than usual, for me.

I'm glad they're not just tanks with a lot of health. They actually hit hard so you need to pay attention to their attacks.
I love that about them.

Myria
07-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Okay, just so we're clear, I was joking. I thought it was pretty obvious when I said I won't be spending any more Bits in the Store.

It was obvious. Unfortunately you filled an expected stereotype that has otherwise failed to materialize (because it has been PvEers calling for endless nerfs, right?), gave a whole lot of people an excuse to do what they most love to do most (play internet tough guy), and few people bother to read beyond a thread's title.

Cavadus
07-02-2013, 11:24 AM
I shouldn't be forced to group just to do normal content...

I reckon the Volge ain't "normal content."

Before the Volge there existed no content in the actual gameworld which required a group except for sieges which are MIA for awhile yet.

For an MMO that's, to be frank, pathetic.

derk digler 1
07-02-2013, 11:32 AM

Official warning!

Im not sure but you maybe the only one that don't like this game mode, if you hate it that much why don't you go play something else....some people are never happy

DarknessEyes PT
07-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Why nerf something thats not even hard?
They are solo-able.

* You can dodge most of Volgue attacks just by rolling.
* Take cover behind something to kill the ones that you cant dodge.
* If you want to shotgun them just run around them while shooting, they will miss most of attacks.

Midori Oku
07-02-2013, 11:37 AM
I have to say that I'm happy with how this one turned out! :3

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx165/Nightwolf114/motivator4e34c3f3df639d30198f16b98a5302533d55530e_ zps86280375.jpg

rev
07-02-2013, 11:47 AM
http://askthemct.com/trolling.jpg

also I solo'd my 5 ones...but then helped several others do a few more.

Zydrate
07-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Yea the Volge are soloable until more people show up, because you won't face elites.
But if people show up, you have help. So who cares? They're fun!

Dmec
07-02-2013, 12:12 PM
The Volge are not that bad. You just need to die a couple of times, and figures out they are not pushovers. Then you adjust to them and can solo them. If anything buff em.

Sonickat
07-02-2013, 12:17 PM
I don't agree with nerfing the Volge, but I don't agree with all the comments telling other players to leave the game.

Every player lost is less money Trion has to develop the game we all love.

They may need to introduce some minor emergencies that don't have waves of 3 of these bad guys in each set. I dont think your typical casual is having problems with any of these guys one on one, it's having to deal with a group of them at once.

I'm not saying make them all that way but provide a few for those who don't want to coordinate with a group and make everyone happy.

Remag Div
07-02-2013, 12:28 PM
oh god what have I done...

Lindrei
07-02-2013, 12:45 PM

This is why you put /sarcasm at the end. :p

MaxSterling
07-02-2013, 12:47 PM
I have to say that I'm happy with how this one turned out! :3

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx165/Nightwolf114/motivator4e34c3f3df639d30198f16b98a5302533d55530e_ zps86280375.jpg

Got old after the first one posted...

Remag Div... trollin' people who can't read past the first post since 7/2/2013

Midori Oku
07-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Got old after the first one posted...

I'm sorry???

Jack Johnson
07-02-2013, 02:27 PM
The problem is their stagger resistance is pretty unexpected. Every other mook level enemy in the game can be staggered... the Volge are resistant to staggers, only being able to be staggered by grenades, and they're immune to the CC components of nano effects. I understand why they're like this... they need to be if they're coming in fewer numbers on Sieges, since otherwise they'd get CC'd to death, but the issue is introducing them in random encounters like this.

I was under the impression Volge were only going to appear in Sieges, since they were supposed to be a really tough faction. The way things are, the game will be hurt if players are constantly getting ganged in roadside encounters. Just my opinion. DO NOT NERF THEM THOUGH, PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS.

Phayder
07-02-2013, 02:30 PM

Official warning!

Is a joke ? Defiance is too hard for you ? returns to play Little Pony.

Dave Blackwell
07-02-2013, 02:42 PM
In what most likely will be an attempt in vain, I'm going to do so regardless and hope that those who may post after this realise this thread had absolutely no intention of 'nerfing' the volge.

The OP of the thread posted this on page 1;

Official warning!

To which they waited until 6 pages had been reached where they then posted;

Well, maybe that last part is true.

To those that honestly believe the volge are difficult:

The volge do not need 'nerfed' at all, if you genuinely believe they do then I strongly advise that you work together with a few fellow players and then you will find that they're easier. Although this thread had no intention of 'nerfing' them, these are the sort of enemies that this type of game needs in order to encourage a healthy community in game and help it to flourish.

There is no incentive or drive to work together with other players in this game and it's viewed as an MMO, yet there is no cooperation done outside of coop missions. The volge are a step in the right direction in regards to developing more enemies similar to these which will push us to work together in order to beat them. Yes, if you learn the patterns of the volge they're simple enough to overcome. However, those that haven't mastered that yet work together with other players and this promotes a good community of players.

There needs to be a variation in the enemies that we run into within the PvE side, having enemies that we can defeat casually sunk in our chairs and our eyes half shut is not hard and therefore will not hold the attention of those who enjoy a challenge. If challenge is too much for you, then well.. heh.

Cavadus
07-02-2013, 03:36 PM
...if you genuinely believe they do then I strongly advise that you work together with a few fellow players...

Ummm, how dare you propose open world group content in an MMO; that's preposterous!

Iceberg
07-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Ummm, how dare you propose open world group content in an MMO; that's preposterous!

I'm with this guy! In a game with little to no social aspect to it!!

Indra Echo
07-02-2013, 04:10 PM

Official warning!

Ok I've believed certain things in the game needed to be nerfed but really I can't see this as being needed.

When I first came upon Dark Matter in San Francisco, I thought I'd just try and kill them and I died and I died again. And then I had help and killed them at that same emergency I kept dying at. The stupid thing is I acted like I had to try and fight them but I didn't and it took me awhile to figure out how to fight them, and yet I still die when doing so if I'm not careful.

The Volge are no different. Harder than Dark Matter? Well, that depends. The DM Snipers and the Bulwarks that show up in DM emergencies can kick my butt. The Volge Viscera isn't as difficult for me as a Bulwark is. You just have to pay attention. If he's looking at you, run or roll to the side. If you wait for him to go blue, it's too late and he may be on you. Roll, roll, roll.

Use your EGO and perks to their best advantage-and don't just think if you keep shooting you'll overpower them. Use cover for the lesser guys (yes, they're difficult) and make lateral moves for the Viscera. He tends to shoot straight at you so if you go to the side, he will miss you.

XxIndomitablexX
07-02-2013, 04:13 PM
nerf the qq

RealHoosier07
07-02-2013, 04:22 PM

Official warning!

I really hope your joking, because it's about damn time they put something hard in this game. The Volge being as hard as they are is what this game has needed since launch. If you can't handle a challenge, then quit and go play scrabble. Devs DO NOT nerf the Volge. If you nerf the Volge, a lot of people will be disgusted and quit. This is what everyone has wanted that actually can play the game and are at least decent at it. I'm ready for all enemies to be harder. EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the post where you said you were joking. lol

Indra Echo
07-02-2013, 04:22 PM
I don't agree with nerfing the Volge, but I don't agree with all the comments telling other players to leave the game.

Every player lost is less money Trion has to develop the game we all love.

They may need to introduce some minor emergencies that don't have waves of 3 of these bad guys in each set. I dont think your typical casual is having problems with any of these guys one on one, it's having to deal with a group of them at once.

I'm not saying make them all that way but provide a few for those who don't want to coordinate with a group and make everyone happy.

Yeah people really should never suggest others leave the game if they like it-I want as many people as possible to play this game or any game that I like.

And I will not say anything is easy for everyone just because I can do it-everyone has different abilities. I don't think the Volge are easy. I don't think they are impossible either (for me). I do not think they should be either nerfed or buffed. If someone needs help with them they might try and ask for help here (look me up when online on xbox NA and I'll help) or look for blue dots nearby OR avoid the Volge until you think you're ready to face them.

RealHoosier07
07-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Right, because forced grouping content in a game is a great idea. Especially when you get to an encounter with nobody else around.

Then toss in the fact the chat system stinks worse than a pig farm. Well I suppose you could group with a clan member, but wait, that is if it recognizes you are in the same clan AND the clan chat is working that day.

Putting in a mob that can shoot bombs non-stop so you can not even self-revive was such an awesome idea. Then make it fire fast enough rolling out of the way animation is slower than it tracks you firing.

Seriously, content that requires forced grouping should never have been added until after the social system was fixed.

Umm...you must just be struggling bro. Yes the Volge are difficult, but I beat a Volge emergency today by myself. You just have to stop and look at your surroundings and come up with a game plan. I died 4 times, but I love that! I love when a game challenges me that way. This was the first time ever in this game that I had to stop and look at the area and actually come up with a strategy that I thought would work.....and it DID. I finally beat them after I stopped to think instead of just spraying bullets. Great job on the Volge Trion!!!

maverick07
07-02-2013, 04:31 PM
I REALLY hope Trion doesn't listen to these threads asking for nerfs to the Volge. I've had a blast doing these emergencies and it makes me even more excited to see what this DLC will bring too.

Joeymtl
07-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Troll thread achieved 11 pages. Grats OP.

treadingwater
07-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Gotta admit, them aim-botting through hard cover is really ****ing annoying. Oh, and hillsides too.

THE GUDGE
07-02-2013, 04:37 PM
To be honest when the game came out i thort the low class badguy would be as challenging as the volge is now and it would get harder as the game progrested . Maybe its just me or were games more challenging 10 ~ 15 years ago . Most people want the game to get harder SO BRING IT ON TRION challenge us we like it

cusman
07-02-2013, 04:47 PM

Official warning!

Go play Mario, because the Luigi levels in New Super Luigi U (DLC for New Super Mario Bros U) are much harder.

ColtenM
07-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Nerf is for fools. I assure you the lost of your bits will not matter.

JxSiN
07-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Sigh. People still do not get that the OP was being sarcastic and mocking the people who cry "nerf" at everything.

It's not like he himself didn't say he wasn't serious SEVERAL times over the course of the thread.

RedFive
07-02-2013, 05:13 PM
(please remove this message)

maverick07
07-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Sigh. People still do not get that the OP was being sarcastic and mocking the people who cry "nerf" at everything.

It's not like he himself didn't say he wasn't serious SEVERAL times over the course of the thread.

I was kinda talking in general but yeah. Despite this being a troll thread I've seen some that were actually serious about it. Just hope Trion doesn't getting the wrong message! That's all.

Myll_Erik
07-02-2013, 07:22 PM
The Volge are supposed to be hard - that's the whole idea of them.

TravelerX1
07-02-2013, 07:27 PM

And we LOVE EM just the way they are. Volge.... don't you go changin'

Jack Johnson
07-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Go play Mario, because the Luigi levels in New Super Luigi U (DLC for New Super Mario Bros U) are much harder.

Planning on buying Luigi U next week. Sounds good, I personally found a number of Mario U levels really easy. Star Worlds weren't very challenging, only getting the star coins without using P-wing was.

JxSiN
07-02-2013, 07:54 PM

And we love them exactly how they are. Great job!

Radb
07-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Can't wait to log on and fight the Volge!!!

maverick07
07-02-2013, 07:58 PM

Amen! Thank you for giving us the Volge, they are awesome to fight against, and makes me want the Volge sieges and new DLC even more!

BlackR3ap3r
07-02-2013, 08:03 PM

thanks for chiming in myll, always good to hear from the team. and i def agree..... if anything they could stand to be more difficult so they make you want to cry for your momma when encountered lol

The Oncoming Storm
07-02-2013, 09:22 PM
The Volge are perfect just the way they are!

But maybe they should be less thickly placed in the noob zones, been helping newbies all day...

HELL MAMA
07-02-2013, 09:26 PM
The Volge are supposed to be hard - that's the whole idea of them. thank you.

Aesu
07-02-2013, 09:30 PM
I love the challenge but agree about Volge near newbies... Maybe have Ego say something like "whoa volge, I think we may need backup here." so at least the newbies have some smackdown warning.
Going from hellbugs and muties to a Volge may be traumatic!

noladude
07-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Threadstarter is a crybaby.

xxghozt ryderxx
07-02-2013, 09:39 PM
did you just post that really. I like the challenge no make the other enemies stronger too so we can work together like what a mmo should be like

TheFool
07-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Everyone has been asking for tougher enemy's and the second they add something a bit more challenging (I still find them pretty easy) people cry for them to be nerfed and become useless ai like the rest of the enemy's in the game? #nohopeforthisgen

piedlpiper
07-02-2013, 10:38 PM

I've been saying to nerf Nim with so many saying he is easy. However, If we could group up for him and the other single player events, there would be no need to nerf him.

The Volge don't need nerfing. They are do-able even as a single player if you can take the 10+ deaths. As Misto said, they encourage ppl to work together and that is a good thing... Well done Dev Team. Now work on revamping the award system for almost everything in the game...

piedlpiper
07-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I love the challenge but agree about Volge near newbies... Maybe have Ego say something like "whoa volge, I think we may need backup here." so at least the newbies have some smackdown warning.
Going from hellbugs and muties to a Volge may be traumatic!

If ppl don't learn after getting their butts kick the first time to stay away then no amount of warning will help them. There are too many game hurting bugs that need fixing to worry about such.

Arsenic_Touch
07-02-2013, 11:02 PM

He wasn't being serious. He even admitted that.

shadowreaper33
07-02-2013, 11:06 PM

Official warning!

you need to shut up about this who care what you think dude there not going to change there ways just for you ok... just go away

Diedel
07-02-2013, 11:41 PM

Sadly they are just "fake hard", i really wish we could get intelligent hard enemies :(

JxSiN
07-02-2013, 11:46 PM
He wasn't being serious. He even admitted that.

If the person who even posted below you can't read the numerous times it has been said that the original poster was not serious, then I see no hope in trying to convince people otherwise.

There will probably be 5 more people complaining that they don't need to be nerfed, then another post saying that the guy was kidding, only to be overlooked again by 5 more people complaining that they don't need a nerf.

Quickest way to prove someone doesn't read threads before posting: post something sarcastic. Then say numerous times you weren't serious

Wtflag
07-03-2013, 01:01 AM
Sadly they are just "fake hard", i really wish we could get intelligent hard enemies :(

The thing is, enemies in this game already

1. Take cover
2. Strafe
3. Circle/Flank

Just not perfectly. I would really like to hear a bit more on how you would make them smarter.

zzzkinzzz
07-03-2013, 01:30 AM
I'm loving the new content, yeah there hard but I can do 1 on 1 with them with no probe, 2 on the over hand a bit harder. Don't make them easyer!! This type of enemy is what the game needs,it is making game more interesting and making us pull together to win. Really looking forward to a co-op map with these in. I played the game for about 6 hours last night before I pop the game in play for 30 min or so then play something else. Good work Trion making the game more challenging and give us more to do

Snodination
07-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Sorry, didn't realize original post was in jest.

Indra Echo
07-03-2013, 10:33 AM
This was meant to be sarcastic HAHA right? o_O Otherwise this is got to be far from the best post you have ever made. But if trying to make fun of the whiners then it's hysterical!

Has to be.

Remag Div
07-03-2013, 10:39 AM
I lied, I was actually serious.

Nerf this shtako...

fang1192
07-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Threadstarter is a crybaby.

And you clearly havent read the thread at all.

Indra Echo
07-03-2013, 10:43 AM
The thing is, enemies in this game already

1. Take cover
2. Strafe
3. Circle/Flank

Just not perfectly. I would really like to hear a bit more on how you would make them smarter.

All foes have their own level of intelligence. Dark Matter Snipers are exceptionally proficient at what they do-deadly accurate and fast.

The Volge have their special tactics which require not just raw gun power but opposing tactics. What's great about this is that simply having a strong weapon will not save the day. It can take you so far. But the Volge like every other enemy in this game have their strengths and intelligence. They all tend to home in on the player doing the most damage at the time. The Viscera in particular will slam you quickly if you don't pay attention. But Trion gave everyone at every level of ability a way to play against them and succeed. This is a good thing. They are tough but they have enough predictability to be vulnerable. That's just about their only vulnerability. If they got more intelligent that would be taken away. As it is they can attack with deadly precision. The Bomber strafes you with bombs. The Viscera uses Blur teleport and he can change direction slightly. Tactics used to evade him won't work as well on the other Volge so if you have troopers and the Viscera attacking at the same time, you have to adjust.

I think their intelligence is spot on.

fang1192
07-03-2013, 10:48 AM
The bomber could be smarter. It has a nice high arcing lob attack if you stay behind full cover long enough, but I had to play around with them for a few minutes for it to happen. Speed that decision process up and you have a unit that flushes players out of cover regularly.

D351
07-03-2013, 12:14 PM
I'd just like to see them a little less often.... Other than that, I like 'em...

drackiller
07-03-2013, 12:20 PM
I'd just like to see them a little less often.... Other than that, I like 'em...

You know that when you see them, you can just avoid them, don't you ? :)

gwit
07-03-2013, 12:22 PM
I like getting them to chase me into other mobs and then turn and attack (before they wipe out the other mobs of course.) They do so much damage they keep the other mobs aggro and I'm ignored. :)

Cavadus
07-03-2013, 01:33 PM
I would really like to hear a bit more on how you would make them smarter.

Group tactics.

Right now all mobs do their own thing and just happen to occupy the same area. The only real AI link between mobs is the aggro shout.

Which is fine for some mobs because they're disorganized idiots. Like raiders. But mutants? Mutants are former EMC soldiers and should be well versed in using fireteams to advance while another fireteam lays down cover fire, flushing targets out from cover with grenades, waiting for enemies to reload before they pop out of cover and return fire, and all of that should be conducted and synchronized as a group.

A good example of this AI would be the Cerberus faction from Mass Effect 3 on the gold/platinum difficulty levels in co-op.

Blondin
07-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Wait for next week, I bet you will see no one...

Horrax
07-03-2013, 02:45 PM
Please do not listen to OP. The Volge is fine as it is.
It's a bit tough for solo, but it makes it a one satisfying fight once it's over.

JxSiN
07-03-2013, 02:48 PM
Please do not listen to OP. The Volge is fine as it is.
It's a bit tough for solo, but it makes it a one satisfying fight once it's over.

Please read the thread. He was being sarcastic

Remag Div
07-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Please read the thread. He was being sarcastic

I was joking about joking. The joke is over and now I'm serious.

JxSiN
07-03-2013, 02:52 PM
I was joking about joking. The joke is over and now I'm serious.

Well, I was joking about you joking but now that you are not joking I am not joking. All joking aside, joking should be labeled as joking for all those not understanding of joking and joking about joking. This joking has caused more joking but some joking has not been joking at all.

TravelerX1
07-03-2013, 02:54 PM
Well, I was joking about you joking but now that you are not joking I am not joking. All joking aside, joking should be labeled as joking for all those not understanding of joking and joking about joking. This joking has caused more joking but some joking has not been joking at all.

Come on guys..... be serious.... all this Joking needs to stop

Arsenic_Touch
07-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Come on guys..... be serious.... all this Joking needs to stop

http://i.imgur.com/14IkaoL.jpg

Wtflag
07-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I think their intelligence is spot on.

I think so too. That is why I facepalm everytime some talks about the stupid the AI is. They don't actually know what they are talking about. The AI in this game is far superior to most MMOs I have played.

Do these people even know that dark matter will walk away from detonator shells if you drop one on the ground beside them? How many mobs in MMO have the AI to do damage avoidance?

Lastly, the fun factor is completely lost if enemies are "too smart". For example, it is completely possible for them to keep staying in cover and force the player to come close to find them. This will force players into an area without cover thus increasing chances of killing a player (and also make snipers pointless). Another is to gang up on only the easiest player to kill (lowest health and greatest line of sight) and focus fire him down. Another is for all enemy types to work with each other and target only players with extreme prejudice. All of these makes the fight harder, but annoying to play against.

As for the suggestion about group tactics, I'm afraid that will not be practical. The decision tree will be vastly complicated and computation requirements will scale massively for each member in the group on the lines of O(N^2). That will make having huge groups of mobs impossible. http://rob-bell.net/2009/06/a-beginners-guide-to-big-o-notation

Iceberg
07-03-2013, 06:04 PM
i was joking about joking. The joke is over and now i'm serious.

plot twist!!!!!

Nyako
07-03-2013, 06:07 PM
1) Remember about Justin Carter, who did his joke and got in prison... different style of joke, but just saying be careful. http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/science_tech/justin-carter-facebook-threat-update-teen-still-jailed-in-comal-county-texas

2) The volge are prefect the way they are... Not too impossible to beat and not too over powered either. Just takes skill and for some, the right gear.

Iceberg
07-03-2013, 06:09 PM
1) Remember about Justin Carter, who did his joke and got in prison... different style of joke, but just saying be careful. http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/science_tech/justin-carter-facebook-threat-update-teen-still-jailed-in-comal-county-texas

2) The volge are prefect the way they are... Not too impossible to beat and not too over powered either. Just takes skill and for some, the right gear.

Ya, saw cnn post that on facebook, can't believe we live in a world were freedom of speech is now gone. Oh well, we still have our other civil liberties....right? >_<

Volge are good as is, just annoying when you are not paying attention and you see one just pop up right in front of you.

WeNTuS
07-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Volges are not that hard. Did all emergencies alone. Only 1 time got down but autorevive helps

Iceberg
07-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Volges are not that hard. Did all emergencies alone. Only 1 time got down but autorevive helps

ya depends on the shield and weapon + perks, the newbie area probably needs to have them replaced with normal emergencies.

Remag Div
07-08-2013, 07:05 AM
ya depends on the shield and weapon + perks, the newbie area probably needs to have them replaced with normal emergencies.

lol would be hilarious a new player fresh out of the tutorial have a Volge emergency spawn at the starting area in Mt. Tam.

Iceman505
07-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Ah, I'll always remember the first time I ran across them. They proceeded to stomp my face in, in about 5 seconds. Now though, I found the equipment that turned the tide. It's still a hellish fight, but I can do the emergencies solo now. They aren't too hard, and don't need to be nerfed. They are just as they should be. Tough as nails, but beatable if you fight smart, and have the right gear. They are feared in the Defiance Universe for a reason, and it's nice to see it reflected in the game. I hope Trion doesn't bow to the sea of scrubs whining about the Volge.

X64
07-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Actually this is one of the smartest AIs i've played with. These Volge change targets regardless of aggro and flank you behind a truck. They're a challenge, but I don't whine about them. I use my brain and put more defensive perks on. Many from our clan can actually solo a Volge emergency with different weapons, i don't see the point why many are still whining at them when all they need to do is just ask for advice.

Why, they don't even bunny hop to kill them whiners.

Conneri
07-08-2013, 10:29 AM
For the most part, they got way easier once I just sat down and proceeded to just solo 8-10 in a row. I died multiple times the first, then only a few the second, and by the third, I was only dropping to extremely unlucky flanks and/or the occasional Viscera teleporting through a truck and then meleeing me as I got up. It's all about cover.

Hope499
07-08-2013, 10:35 AM
omg joke thread settle down people wow

X64
07-08-2013, 10:37 AM
For the most part, they got way easier once I just sat down and proceeded to just solo 8-10 in a row. I died multiple times the first, then only a few the second, and by the third, I was only dropping to extremely unlucky flanks and/or the occasional Viscera teleporting through a truck and then meleeing me as I got up. It's all about cover.

That's the spirit.

For the whiners, this ain't no Rambo game! Try to learn to find cover. Get cloak if you think they flank you a lot. Get defensive perks. If you don't have perk slots yet, this may not be the best time for you, so do some coop missions first with other players or just avoid the roads.

NinjaofSmoke
07-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Funny stuff... good times. Now then let's talk business on like making the Volge super hard where as they'll just eat players.

X64
07-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Funny stuff... good times. Now then let's talk business on like making the Volge super hard where as they'll just eat whiners.

fixed it for you.

Iceberg
07-08-2013, 03:16 PM
fixed it for you.

You sure like whining about whiners.

AuralVirus
07-11-2013, 05:09 AM
They need nerfing - it is not in keeping with the story:-
1 - if they were defeated they shouldn't be appearing all over the place, but if they were still around surely they would group up which leads to a suggestion below (see *)
2 - if they were this powerful they wouldn't have been defeated...

* A separate instance would make more sense from a story stand point ie the remaining volge re-group and make a, albeit much smaller, secondary attack.
This would make a very enjoyable co-op army vs army game that I would consider playing but these random road blocks are annoying.
Everyone I've seen is uncontested, people just don't botyher with them and drive around.
I've yet to see someone fighting them, its a waste of scrip'n'time.

rev
07-11-2013, 06:24 AM

Official warning!

You may leave now......don't nerf the Volge...

ObliviDan
07-11-2013, 06:33 AM

Official warning!

Don't nerf the Volge! Whatever bits I have bought and will buy will more than make up for bits lost. In fact, the Volge could stand to be a little tougher in my opinion...

Reverend Blood
07-11-2013, 06:39 AM
Is this thread still going? Wow.

Indra Echo
07-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Is this thread still going? Wow.

Well see it's more popular probably than the one I want to start about the need to nerf the skitterlings. Freaky little jumpers give me the creeps.

Reverend Blood
07-11-2013, 06:56 AM
Well see it's more popular probably than the one I want to start about the need to nerf the skitterlings. Freaky little jumpers give me the creeps.

And there's so many of them. Almost unbearable.

Remag Div
07-11-2013, 08:27 AM
You may leave now......don't nerf the Volge...

But if Nolan and Tommy can kill Volge in 1 shot, so should I.

Blondin
07-11-2013, 08:54 AM
But if Nolan and Tommy can kill Volge in 1 shot, so should I.
And now we will be entitled to a new round, well done sir :)