PDA

View Full Version : not good enough trion

loops73
07-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Enough with the small updates,give us some dlc already! I have 30 people on my friends list with this game and no-one has played it in over a month due to lack of real content.

Turantula
07-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Awwwww, all 22 of my defiance friends were on today fighting the volge. Maybe its time to get new friends that have some staying power?

loops73
07-01-2013, 04:30 PM
30 minutes of fun wont bring people back,me included.

Shada Mori
07-01-2013, 04:31 PM
30 minutes of fun wont bring people back,me included.

Yet it will bring you back to the forums to ***** about it.

Kleptobrainiac
07-01-2013, 04:33 PM
I assume you haven't realized that there are new outfits in the store...

Now that's what this game needs. MORE OUTFITS to wear while... while we...

What is there to do in this game again?

Oh yea, more outfits to wear while buying more outfits :D

loops73
07-01-2013, 04:34 PM

I paid for the game,and have every right to post my displeasure with trion.I even got the season pass(huge mistake),so f*** off!

T_Archangel
07-01-2013, 04:39 PM
I dunno. Having a good time with most of my PSN friends on Defiance today... plenty of deaths and kills to go around :)

Dave Blackwell
07-01-2013, 04:41 PM
I paid for the game,and have every right to post my displeasure with trion.I even got the season pass(huge mistake),so f*** off!

You won't get any refunds though, or at least for the season pass that is. If you don't enjoy the game nor play then well.. really, you are only wasting your own time. Patience is a virtue it seems that quite a lot need to master in regards to the season pass and this game in general. Hold out there for a few more weeks and you'll get your DLC by the end of July, if not - be patient. It is going to come, keep in mind that there's processes, certifications, testing and all whole other plethora of issues and hurdles to jump over in order to run the game for all three platforms.

Also please take into consideration that the game more or less revolves around the show. So what happens in the game needs to be relevant in some shape or form to the show. Season one has already been filmed therefore the story cannot necessarily be altered due to it being set in stone. Season two, however, well.. I don't know much about whether or not if it's been filmed yet. If it hasn't then there's a lot of potential to develop more of a story with that.

Kleptobrainiac
07-01-2013, 04:55 PM
You won't get any refunds though, or at least for the season pass that is.

This is simply untrue.

Dave Blackwell
07-01-2013, 04:58 PM
This is simply untrue.

Really? Enjoy your read.

So many people don't bother reading these things and then are confused as to why they don't get refunds.. There should be a version of TOU's and all agreements for those that have a short attention span.

Taken directly from Trion's TOS in regards to Defiance:

D. Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods

Purchases of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods will be available for use upon completion your purchase and are therefore non-refundable, unless otherwise required by law.

As Trion deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, Trion may limit the total amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods that may be purchased at any one time, and/or limit the aggregate amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods that may be held in your Account.

You are solely responsible for verifying that the proper amount of Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods has been added to or deducted from your Account during any given transaction. You are responsible for notifying Trion immediately if you believe that a mistake has been made with respect to your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods. Trion, in its sole discretion, may require additional information and/or documentation to verify your claim, and once Trion has the information that Trion deems necessary to verify your claim, Trion may take action to freeze your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods and, if frozen, may unfreeze such Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods once Trion has returned control of your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods to you. Regardless of any actions Trion may take on your behalf, you acknowledge and agree that Trion has sole and absolute discretion in determining whether or not your claim is valid and, if so, the appropriate remedy.

Trion reserves the right to reduce, liquidate, deactivate, suspend or terminate your Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods if Trion determines in its sole discretion, after investigation, that you have misused such Virtual Currency and/or Virtual Goods to conduct any fraudulent or illegal activity.

If you leave a balance of Virtual Currency unused for a period of time set forth by your state, country, or other governing body in its unclaimed property laws, or if your account is closed, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, we may process your Virtual Currency balance in accordance with our legal obligations, including by submitting funds associated with your Virtual Currency balance to the appropriate governing body where required by law.

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND/OR VIRTUAL GOODS YOU ACQUIRE HAVE NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR MONEY, GOODS, OR OTHER ITEMS OF MONETARY VALUE.

E. Refund Policy

ALL SUBSCRIPTION FEES (INCLUDING ANY GAME CARD REDEEMED FOR SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES) AND FEES ASSOCIATED WITH VIRTUAL ITEMS, IF ANY, ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART [AS ALL SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES, VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL GOODS ARE AVAILABLE FOR USE UPON PURCHASE]. YOU AGREE THAT TRION IS NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY BACK FOR PRE-PAID TIME AND/OR VIRTUAL ITEMS WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED, WHETHER VOLUNTARILY OR INVOLUNTARILY.

Additionally, as products or services (such as Game(s) or Virtual Items) that are downloadable are deemed used promptly upon completion of your purchase, no refunds will be made for such purchases. Unless otherwise required by law or permitted by this Agreement, downloaded products, account keys purchased to activate or unlock downloaded software (including any Game(s) and/or Game Client(s)), and Virtual Items are not refundable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Trion at any time.

Now for the nail in the coffin;

Trion may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, to any person or entity at any time with or without your consent. You hereby agree to the assignment and novation of this Agreement to a third party, in whole or in part, on reasonable terms (as provided by Trion). You may not assign or transfer this Agreement or your rights hereunder, and any attempt to the contrary is void.

If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.

Subject to section 21A, this Terms of Use Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and Trion concerning the Service, and this Agreement supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreement, either oral or written, and any other communications with regard thereto between you and Trion; provided, however that this Agreement is in addition to, and does not replace or supplant, any applicable Game EULA or Trionís Privacy Policy.

In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and a Game EULA, the terms and conditions of the Game EULA shall supersede any such terms and conditions of this Agreement. This Agreement may only be modified as set forth herein. The section headings used herein are for reference only and shall not be read to have any legal effect.

Nothing express or implied in this Agreement is intended to confer, nor shall anything herein confer, upon any person other than the Parties and the respective permitted successors or assigns of the Parties, any rights, remedies, obligations or liabilities whatsoever, including pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.

I HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT MY USE OF THE SITE, ACCOUNT, GAME (INCLUDING GAME-RELATED VIRTUAL ITEMS, IF ANY), GAME CLIENT AND/OR THE SERVICE IS AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF MY AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT.

Kleptobrainiac
07-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Hmm... Then I wonder how I got my refund...

The Oncoming Storm
07-01-2013, 05:06 PM
The volge are awesome just becuase nobody wants to play with you doesn't mean it's Trion's fault...

DonWII
07-01-2013, 05:17 PM

I don't see how MS has a no refund policy for MS points or content bought on the XBL marketplace and trion has their own refund policy. I guess you could have commited fraud by lying to your bank and get a refund that way, but a person would have to be real piece of trash to do that

Aeothena
07-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Waiting for the....

"Hi everyone,
We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why."

I love how they cut and paste the same "explanation" over and over. Like a bot...

I thought the Volge was a fine mix to do something new until the DLC shows. Not buying anything anymore with bits, and will ever do again. Even the paid part of the DLC seems to lack anything interesting, a few new outfits and a car. Why would I want those?

dominad
07-02-2013, 05:23 AM
I don't see how MS has a no refund policy for MS points or content bought on the XBL marketplace and trion has their own refund policy. I guess you could have commited fraud by lying to your bank and get a refund that way, but a person would have to be real piece of trash to do that

Microsoft DOES refund points if there is evidence and proof that there was an error. I had an issue with a season pass not working and I was refunded the full amount of one of the DLC's while the game people fixed the problem. If you download something and it does not work they will fix it or if you do not get it and that includes getting a refund. The no refund is if you get and download the product not if you paid for something you never got.

SpiritumLiberum
07-02-2013, 05:25 AM
This is simply untrue.

You signed your life away by agreeing to the terms, you should read 'everything'.

Finish the Fight
07-02-2013, 06:05 AM

This

lol@ holding your breath and stopping your feet.

I Emperor420 I
07-02-2013, 06:14 AM
I assume you haven't realized that there are new outfits in the store...

Now that's what this game needs. MORE OUTFITS to wear while... while we...

What is there to do in this game again?

Oh yea, more outfits to wear while buying more outfits :D

lol, thats a good one dude

c4l1d3n
07-02-2013, 06:22 AM
DLC now trion or this place gets blown the @$#!@# up! j/k:D

http://imgffs.com/i/w0sWc.png

Bar0n_5am3d1
07-02-2013, 06:50 AM

Caveat Emptor. Also the game is B2P not a sub based game. If it was sub based then your whinging might have merit, but since it's B2P there is none.

DonWII
07-02-2013, 06:55 AM
Microsoft DOES refund points if there is evidence and proof that there was an error. I had an issue with a season pass not working and I was refunded the full amount of one of the DLC's while the game people fixed the problem. If you download something and it does not work they will fix it or if you do not get it and that includes getting a refund. The no refund is if you get and download the product not if you paid for something you never got.

True, but that's not the case here. This is a situation where we have a someone is whining and pouting because they got what they paid for and didn't take the time to understand what they were buying. Now because the product isn't what they imagined in their head it's time to pitch a fit.

rev
07-02-2013, 06:57 AM
So much love in the forums today. :)

Mowazzy
07-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Awwwww, all 22 of my defiance friends were on today fighting the volge. Maybe its time to get new friends that have some staying power?

Agree with this. Yesterday I saw a lot of people on.

shutchamouth
07-02-2013, 06:59 AM
The few women I know that play this game are only window shopping... so I don't get the point on all the clothing. There isn't even any stats on the armor.... really.. permanent naked watercolor. I tried to take a Bulwark and create a power mech suit for the player base but Trion probably wont go for it.

CulabunT
07-02-2013, 07:02 AM
I think that maybe you should put your effort into enjoying what is available for play, and/or think about how long the game has been out!!!. Play other games, don't spend all of your gaming time on this game. Me personally i play all the time, i'm not bored i level weapons play with clan mates, grind arkfalls, coops ETC. just chill and give the game time.

N3gativeCr33p
07-02-2013, 07:05 AM
DLC now trion or this place gets blown the @$#!@# up! j/k:D

http://imgffs.com/i/w0sWc.png

I love lamp. ;)

Kleptobrainiac
07-02-2013, 04:07 PM
You signed your life away by agreeing to the terms, you should read 'everything'.

Then why did I receive a refund? Or didn't you read the part where I say I got a refund? If you didn't, you should make sure that you "read everything". :p

Dooks
07-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Is somebody out there crying?????

Indra Echo
07-02-2013, 04:26 PM

Almost all of my xbox friends play Defiance. Only a few don't-one plays on PC, others don't play MP games at all.

I like the Volge and I'm still doing other things in the game as well, but then I'm a bit more realistic about the fact that all games are repetitious and take awhile for the release of DLC.

Indra Echo
07-02-2013, 04:30 PM

Well, perhaps it would be nice if you convinced us and stated who exactly gave you the refund (a retailer that you bought it from or just who?) There are darn few that would refund you money for such a thing especially since you got certain virtual items along with that pass that you probably already have claimed. Amazon might refund it, but I don't know of anyone else that would.

The problem with this is though that poster did receive certain items and as yet the DLC has not been released so MS wouldn't necessarily even accept any complaint. You can't complain about purchasing future content at a discount that has no stated release date if your only complaint is it has not been released yet. I sincerely doubt MS would say, "ok, here's your money-that sounds reasonable".

You were refunded money from a season pass for one DLC you didn't get-not about DLC that hasn't been released yet.

Indra Echo
07-02-2013, 04:32 PM
The few women I know that play this game are only window shopping... so I don't get the point on all the clothing. There isn't even any stats on the armor.... really.. permanent naked watercolor. I tried to take a Bulwark and create a power mech suit for the player base but Trion probably wont go for it.

This is offensive and stupid. Maybe you just don't know enough women. I'm one and I know of quite a few others that also play this game (one is very proficient at it and a PvP goddess). Apparently you play on PC and even though I play on the PS3 and 360, I know of females that play on the PC.

Kleptobrainiac
07-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Well, perhaps it would be nice if you convinced us and stated who exactly gave you the refund (a retailer that you bought it from or just who?) There are darn few that would refund you money for such a thing especially since you got certain virtual items along with that pass that you probably already have claimed. Amazon might refund it, but I don't know of anyone else that would.

Trion. From this site.

Milofo
07-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Trion. From this site.

For a person who hates this game so much and in previous posts stated they got a refund for it I really wonder why you lurk around the forums. And yes like all other times you will call this another fanboy post.

Can you advise the circumstances of this refund that you got and so many others have been unable to?

Personally I took the gamble on the season pass and I could regret it later but I'll hold judgement until the dlc gets released.

Lasdor
07-02-2013, 05:55 PM
For a person who hates this game so much and in previous posts stated they got a refund for it I really wonder why you lurk around the forums.

This one is easy! Because he paid for this game and it gives him the right to spend all his days, until his last breath, complaining about how Trion let him down. Because that's what normal people do. Just like when you go to the cinema and hate the movie you drop school and work and camp in front of the theater building with a megaphone complaining non-stop about the movie 24/7. :)

ColtenM
07-02-2013, 06:06 PM
All my friends and Clan members are pretty active any given day we have 12-20 Peeps on.

3rdpig
07-02-2013, 06:36 PM

Good grief child, grow up.

Kleptobrainiac
07-02-2013, 06:38 PM
For those that would actually like to know, all you have to do is contact support via email & let them know what your problems with the game are currently & how this translates into poor faith in the upcoming content which you have not received.

That, coupled with previous tix for problems many have had, got me a refund 3 days after my email submission. Which incidentally, was a quicker response than any other ticket I submitted over the course of my time here.

For those who find my presence to be unsavory, I apologize. When I multitask, I keep this tab up just to piss on your parade & keep some of you from misleading potential newcomers or those who feel ripped by a substandard "mmo".

Besides, I'm having a good time here & still own the original game. I'm gonna get my $$ worth.

N3gativeCr33p
07-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Just like when you go to the cinema and hate the movie you drop school and work and camp in front of the theater building with a megaphone complaining non-stop about the movie 24/7. :)

What color is the sky in your world? My word...