PDA

View Full Version : Pc ui

Rizzy
03-25-2013, 09:31 PM
I ran a search for threads and nothing came up that gave me the info i wanted. First off i love the game play and the content. The UI for PC is horrific. I pre-ordered the pc version and if the UI isn't going to change b4 launch or at least the devs saying its coming soon after launch i am probably going to switch to the PS3 and buy it to play more casually. Can anybody give me an idea if the UI is going to be different for the PC than consoles?

Gradius
03-25-2013, 09:48 PM
I ran a search for threads and nothing came up that gave me the info i wanted. First off i love the game play and the content. The UI for PC is horrific. I pre-ordered the pc version and if the UI isn't going to change b4 launch or at least the devs saying its coming soon after launch i am probably going to switch to the PS3 and buy it to play more casually. Can anybody give me an idea if the UI is going to be different for the PC than consoles?

I wouldn't bet on it. The UI in Defiance is definitely unique, but once you learn to use it, you can navigate it just as fast as anything else. It's actually one of the things I like about the game and something Defiance seems to be doing more and more of: Not following the norm. To me it adds to the experience that makes Defiance different from other games.

Rizzy
03-25-2013, 09:57 PM
I am a huge fanboy of trion and what they are doing with this game is what drew me to it. However when you go to group with a friend and you need to go to there instance its more complicated than it needs to be. Also the chat window is horrific. The functionality out of inventory and stuff like that i can get used to but when i have to halt my game time to try and figure something out because the UI was clearly designed for consoles. I mean i played the beta on PS3 and the UI was natural to me for a console game its just not PC gamer friendly IMO. The game has legs and for some it will role fine on PC im just leaning more to Console if the UI isnt going to vary

boredinbc
03-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Its called DCUO syndrome. It infects and eats away at an otherwise healthy PC UI until it is console ready. To date no game has been cured, but treatment options do exist.

Senel
03-26-2013, 11:01 AM
I hope they'll update things to suit each platform as needed but i don't see a radical change to the UI coming unless people get really hellbent on it, it's not bad at all.

SphaZ
03-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Oh yeah, horribad UI is one of the things that did FF IV under. And while this ain't THAT bad..its pretty annoyingly bad.

Here's to hoping they will fix the UI, and I'm really praying they make chatting at least a bit more userfriendly (or some area channels or something)..I felt like a single player which is not why I play MMO's. They did it right in Rift so I hope they will fix it here a bit at least..not everyone can sign on ventrillo/teamspeak :s