PDA

View Full Version : Is the game a buy the box and then pay subscription?

Dynamics
01-17-2013, 10:11 PM
So when I first heard this game was coming to PS3, Xbox, and PC I was really excited but then I heard some things about this game having a subscription model. So my question is this model subject to change or the developers already have their mind set on having people pay a monthly fee

Guknowit
01-17-2013, 11:03 PM
I hope so, but if it's good enough with consistent moderately large to large community I would have no problem paying $15 a month.

The way the market is going right now I'd assume B2P.

Fiancee
01-18-2013, 12:08 AM
Trion World said hydrid business model, that theres free and paid content. Then some other guy told its optional sub or pay for DLCs, I think that guy is right, they basically try to please everyone now, it makes sense.

KingMike
01-18-2013, 12:42 AM
I hope so, but if it's good enough with consistent moderately large to large community I would have no problem paying $15 a month.

The way the market is going right now I'd assume B2P.

This 15$ a month is somthing blizz has come up with. Why in hell does it need to 15$?!
Perpetuum for example is an excellent game 30 days - 8.95€ / 9.95$.
Final Fantasy XI not so great game but 11.95$
Xsyon: Prelude is "jekkin" great game for 9.99$

No i would not even mind pay 20$ a pop for a great game, thing is there are not many games that survive a subscription base. Look at The Secret World that its a realy great game that thinks outside the box. It received a shajt storm from critics but loved by gamers (including me) They had to drop the subscription now there are masses joining up and have fun.

Take Guild Wars as an example that blossom at B2P, now i'm not a fan of GW-1/2 but the plan enforced by ArenaNet & NCsoft have made them a pretty penny.

Just a morning rant brought to you by KingMike ;)

-M

TSVStriFe
01-18-2013, 07:27 AM
I love the Guild Wars Model, since alot of great games are P2P, which quite sucks if you can't cough up the monthly price.

Dynamics
01-18-2013, 07:40 AM
It just seems it makes no sense why do a monthly sub model. I got a bunch of guild mates and friends interested in this game and to see it go subscription would put us off from even trying the game.

squidgod2000
01-18-2013, 09:30 AM
It just seems it makes no sense why do a monthly sub model. I got a bunch of guild mates and friends interested in this game and to see it go subscription would put us off from even trying the game.

Your guildmates and friends are cheap.

Game is B2P + DLC. An optional sub includes all DLC (and almost certainly averages out to be cheaper than buying DLC individually.

Aaricane
01-18-2013, 09:41 AM
It just seems it makes no sense why do a monthly sub model. I got a bunch of guild mates and friends interested in this game and to see it go subscription would put us off from even trying the game.Do you know all thoes updates, patches, extra seasonal content, events, among other things that come about?

That's because there is a sub fee.

Jezath
01-18-2013, 10:37 AM
maan, your living in the last century guild wars 2 does all that with no sub...

Vaile
01-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Guild Wars 2 is also dreadful and is being refunded left right and center, so what's your point?

AnnihilatorX
01-18-2013, 12:29 PM
MOST F2P's end up being a "cesspool of garbage" look at DCUO as an example, anyone that was a decent player is long gone?

Racism and homophobic to the extreme tend to do that don't believe me? Well I was reading the official page and this guy was from AU I think? and he had just got downloading the game for the 1st time and played for about 10 minuets and quit cause he was so disgusted with the social environment of the game when I like think of F2P as"cream of the crap" cause usually after a game goes f2p that's all you have left is CRAP! And now I can add GW2 cause my best friend/guildmate told me he got bullied by some other players and my friend doesn't go around starting or picking fights. SO NO F2P sure it will make more $$$$$ but it will completely ruin the game:(