PDA

View Full Version : lock box, DLC, and bit's

zartanyen
03-25-2013, 10:25 PM
I don't know but is the lock box you can get in game always going to be the tier 1 or can you save keys to get the tier 2 and 3 did not know if that was just a beta thing or is that how it's going to be that you have to pay to get a tier 2 or 3 box.

Was reading where they said something about not having to pay for some of the DLC content or something like that if this is true or part of it is going to be free what am I going to get with my DLC when I payed for it or shell out 150$ plus tax to get the ultimate edition I will be pissed if any of it's free after I go and pay for it or I get some junk while the main stuff is free like maps and I hope you get all the DLC out in the 8 month time frame before the PS4 comes out.

Bits rumor is ruffly 1$ for 100 bits so 3 bucks or 5$ on psn to get one tier 3 lock box and only tier 3 have purple drops right? so another F2P scam, pay to win hunk of junk?

Least DUST514 did it right you can pay extra RL cash to get stuff but it is not game breaking or give you a huge advantage over not buying it.

I always went the subscription route for my AAA title rather then play some garbage F2P scam shop hunk of junk rather pay my 15$ a month for a quality game then do the nickel and dime scam shop if this is how it's going to be let me know before shelling out 150$ and ending up doing a visa charge back.

Jardian
03-26-2013, 12:17 AM
Some DLC will be free like other newer MMOs do. Other content will cost new areas races and things like that would be my guess. As for lock boxs being game breaking not really ...just because its purple dont make it uber I seen alot of purple gear with junk stats on it from boxs. The really good stuff will be dropped from ark falls and game content.

I didnt see one thing in a box I couldnt find with better stats on a vendor even lol. Most of the main use for bits is going to be boost to gain exp faster and things like that not wasteing it on boxs lol

And about the code keys yes it goes up.

SYN BLACK XS
03-26-2013, 07:23 AM
Just because its a purple rarity item doesnt mean you won't unlock it/have it dropped through other means... Lockboxes just seem to be the easiest way to get them.

Benmue
03-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Dust514 is a terrible game by terrible developers only way dust would of been good is if it was made I house which it isnt

Amnesia
03-26-2013, 09:14 AM
(...) can you save keys to get the tier 2 and 3 did not know if that was just a beta thing or is that how it's going to be that you have to pay to get a tier 2 or 3 box.My understanding is that at some high EGO level you will be able to hold onto more than one keycode at a time.

Rampermt
03-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Best gear I found was in regular store or dropped from enemies.

skareffect
03-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Dust514 is a terrible game by terrible developers only way dust would of been good is if it was made I house which it isnt

Totally disagree with that comment.

gjwhite66
03-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Bits rumor is ruffly 1$ for 100 bits so 3 bucks or 5$ on psn to get one tier 3 lock box and only tier 3 have purple drops right? so another F2P scam, pay to win hunk of junk?

Least DUST514 did it right you can pay extra RL cash to get stuff but it is not game breaking or give you a huge advantage over not buying it.

I always went the subscription route for my AAA title rather then play some garbage F2P scam shop hunk of junk rather pay my 15$ a month for a quality game then do the nickel and dime scam shop if this is how it's going to be let me know before shelling out 150$ and ending up doing a visa charge back.

First of all, you don't have to buy a single Bit, and you can still gain access to the Tier 3 Lock Boxes. If you notice, you can also spend Script to buy them, or save up 3 Keycodes. Bits are just the easiest way to do it if you are just starting out and aren't patient enough to earn the Script. Purple items are also drops, normally from instanced missions or loot from Arkfalls - which is currently disabled at the moment. So again, no need to spend a penny of real money after purchasing the game. Like others have said, there are basic weapons that are just as powerful, and at times more powerful than their purple brethren. It just depends on how you play, the Devs have made it very clear that there is not intended to be a cookie-cutter uber build.
For your $150 investment, you are paying for all the extra stuff. Like art books, a Hellbug sculpture, a bag, and some bits, plus some in-game weapons and armor. That part was your choice, none of it guarantees your EGO 200 character will be any better than the person who bought the $60 basic edition.
I believe they said the first few DLCs will be free, while the major ones expected over the next year will be paid editions. So if you choose, you can buy the Season Pass at $40, getting everything at a discounted rate. If you buy the $150 Edition, you get the Season Pass included.
So for less than the cost of a year's subscription to a traditional MMO, you have the game, any DLC released over the next year, and you don't have to spend a penny more of your real money to get the best equipment in the game. Far from a F2P scam, which was a great decision by Trion.

zartanyen
03-26-2013, 10:20 AM

EVE made by CCP same company who makes dust still charges a subscription fee for EVE while TRION games are F2P also CCP bought out white wolf to get the right's to vampire the masquerade ( world of darkness) trion had a string of layoffs while CCP did not so would not go bashing a developer who is proving they can survive and profit do not know of to many subcription MMO's still around other then EVE and WOW who have the population or subcriptions to make a profit and keep their servers up and running .

skareffect
03-26-2013, 12:42 PM
EVE made by CCP same company who makes dust still charges a subscription fee for EVE while TRION games are F2P also CCP bought out white wolf to get the right's to vampire the masquerade ( world of darkness) trion had a string of layoffs while CCP did not so would not go bashing a developer who is proving they can survive and profit do not know of to many subcription MMO's still around other then EVE and WOW who have the population or subcriptions to make a profit and keep their servers up and running .

CCP is a underrated game company.

Bornhald
03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
My understanding is that at some high EGO level you will be able to hold onto more than one keycode at a time.

The PC beta you could hold 75 keys.

MadProffeser
03-26-2013, 02:39 PM
At Ego 500 you can hold two keys for lock boxes. Also new variations of weapons start showing up, I got a cluster grenade and an infecter I never saw before. As for purples from tier one boxes I got two but both grenades.

zartanyen
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
thanks for all the helpful information.