PDA

View Full Version : I can't think of a better stress tester than these Major Arkfalls

Adamathias
03-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Cause if my sound isn't completely jekked up the moment I hop in to help, I usually freeze once during it. just saying. my old Xbox can't handle all the noise at once. Not to mention the VOT pulser with the bloom so bright i can't see the crystal, so who came up with that gun, really? I usually really like participating in the major Arkfalls, they usually are intense, everyone shows up for them, and it is fun, but I can only handle my Audio cutting out so many times...

Intamasica
03-25-2013, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure the sound cutting out is due to having an original Xbox 360. I've got friends, that have the slimline and they have the same problem.

I do agree with you about the pulser though, the bloom frustrates me whether I'm using it or someone else is. Also, is it just me, or is it greatly over-powered in PvP?

TheFool
03-25-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm not sure the sound cutting out is due to having an original Xbox 360. I've got friends, that have the slimline and they have the same problem.

I do agree with you about the pulser though, the bloom frustrates me whether I'm using it or someone else is. Also, is it just me, or is it greatly over-powered in PvP?

Over-powered or over used?

Intamasica
03-25-2013, 11:30 PM
Over-powered or over used?

In my opinion? Over-powered. I haven't come across a game where more than three people are using it, which is tolerable, but whenever I seem to be shot by one, the bloom is crazy-distracting and I seem to die within an instant.

CharmCitysKing
03-26-2013, 12:00 AM
Cause if my sound isn't completely jekked up the moment I hop in to help, I usually freeze once during it. just saying. my old Xbox can't handle all the noise at once. Not to mention the VOT pulser with the bloom so bright i can't see the crystal, so who came up with that gun, really? I usually really like participating in the major Arkfalls, they usually are intense, everyone shows up for them, and it is fun, but I can only handle my Audio cutting out so many times...

the new xbox and old xboxs arent any different performance wise. they are all the same thing...ITS BETA...ITS LIEK 10% OF THE GAME

Intamasica
03-26-2013, 12:04 AM
the new xbox and old xboxs arent any different performance wise. they are all the same thing...ITS BETA...ITS LIEK 10% OF THE GAME

Not meaning to be pedantic... Much.

On the beta, the map is 15% of what it will be in the final game (from what I've heard).
Plus there will be always updates of quests, items and loots, meaning it practically won't be finishable, meaning it's hard to put a percentage on gameplay.

SHAD0WEN
03-26-2013, 12:14 AM
i keeped on having the game freeze up on me at the last crystal. a few times when there are too many people, mobs and sound going on all at once. >_< talk about stress test. had the sound fall out a few times in that.

Adamathias
03-26-2013, 12:40 AM
I understand that this is the Beta, the months old Microsoft approved Beta, so I can live with most of these discrepancies that I come across. I just wanted to vent a little about my personal biggest issue. If it can be confirmed on either the PS3 or PC that the Major Arkfalls are nowhere near as buggy or crash-inducing, I'll be happy.

And as for the gun, I have never seen it in the few times I have played PvP, but my experiences around it in PvE, that bloom is waaay to distracting, I couldn't care less about its damage or AoE, just that blinding flare alone just bugs the crap out of me when I see it fill my screen.

boosted gear
03-26-2013, 01:04 AM
My mate is an explosion junkie he even killed himself performing a wrestling explosive standing entrance using a self detonating grenade launcher... and even he thinks the crazy blue screen filler is a bit too much lol.