PDA

View Full Version : FRC Saw same as Frontier Saw?

Hobothesis
07-02-2013, 01:12 PM
They seem to have the same stats to me. I've been using my starter 50 ego frontier saw for a while now. level 3 scope with level 2 stock I can burst accurate as hell and don't think I'll use anything else until I get an orange(don't have one yet sadly)

IAMVILELENT
07-02-2013, 01:23 PM
They seem to have the same stats to me. I've been using my starter 50 ego frontier saw for a while now. level 3 scope with level 2 stock I can burst accurate as hell and don't think I'll use anything else until I get an orange(don't have one yet sadly)

Higher EGO level frontier comes with a couple other perks. It's good because of increased fire rate. Get the one with bio nano from Top Notch. Get 2 and you're set for PVE, 1 is good for PVP if you don't have any other with crit/damage boost. Don't worry about an orange SAW, you wont find one with decent stats, your better off looking for a blue or purple. You're more likely to hit the lottery twice before you find or acquire an orange saw that's better then some of the stock purple or blue ones lol.

Donnyrides
07-02-2013, 01:34 PM
same thing. ^^^ is correct. the poop-shoe saw from the vendor has been one of my favorite weapons I've used to date and I'm Ego 2200.

If only my XP roll would pan out better on one.... Then I would just spent the salvage to re-xp it and never worry about another saw again.

Hobothesis
07-02-2013, 02:18 PM
i know rep vendors have a green/blue/purp rarity differential, does it matter which one to get? also synergy mod cases, are they green or is rarity random in them?

IAMVILELENT
07-02-2013, 02:35 PM
i know rep vendors have a green/blue/purp rarity differential, does it matter which one to get? also synergy mod cases, are they green or is rarity random in them?

Always buy purple unless your going for the pursuit to buy vendor items. Rarity is random on mod cache. I honestly never used the prepared synergy on the vendor weps, I just made sure to kill things and picked up ammo. You'll spend a very long time trying to get the right mods with the right synergy on them, and preparedness isn't THAT fantastic for all the trouble. Once more ways of getting vendor rep show up, it may be more viable, right now you'd be wasting rep points on mod caches.

Hobothesis
07-02-2013, 03:09 PM
i actually just got my first full synergy the other day on a T3 case. 2 purps 1 blue. Purp 2 or 3 shot corrosive pistol that did like 480 per shot which is nice as 2 bursts drop 99'ers but it has a small mag. Other was an smg, typical 'run and gun' description ones. both had the synergy of 5% more dmg to targets with full hp/shields. Pistol I think had something of some other on revive other player which is meh, but the smg had 10% ego power recharge on full reload; nice in itself but clip is like 85 w/o mods and from being a gamer forever I always want to reload after every fight or every chance i get. Modded my frontier saw out with recoil/bloom, real nice scope, and like 10% mag increase so I have a 116 round mag its beast but being green and real old lol

Cavadus
07-02-2013, 03:31 PM
The nice thing about the Frontier SAW is that Biological nano is actually awesome to have in a fireteam when someone else is running Radioactive.

For group gameplay I think 2xBiological and 2xRadioactive is the best setup.

KjcKiesh
07-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah they are exactly the same minus the name and that FRC is loot/lockbox/shop special only and Frontier is Vendor and Faction Vendor only (possibly quest reward as well)

Hobothesis
07-02-2013, 03:57 PM
yea next to the frontier/frc type saws of the 400/404 dmg variety my next fav is the 'works exceptionally well when going in aim mode' smgs. Super accurate with crazy rof for insane dps. Just wish smg's used like 9mm ammo and saws 5.56 instead of the same type. I'd then use the saw at range and smg close up. They freaking destroy heads up close.

Sanguinesun
07-02-2013, 05:20 PM
If you're not 5k ego, and dont have any FRC saws, just buy 2 white bio ones from a vendor and put white mods in them. Equip one, use it until your weapon skill is max'd on the weapon, switch to the other one and in the matrix menu reset the max'd out on. This way you always have a weapon that you're earning exp on.

Once you eventually get a green or better drop with nano procs you like/want, then switch to those. However try to stick to your daily use ones as being white or green as resetting the weapon exp can get expensive on rare(blue) and epic(purple) weapons.

I prefer the syphon proc for my every day use needs at the moment.