PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice this in Across the Badlands yesterday?

IGears
07-02-2013, 01:37 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/IGears/newfeatures.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/IGears/media/newfeatures.jpg.html)

what is this?

Henyachingywhy
07-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Yes, yes I did. 1000 Ego and only 1216 scrip! Pssh, noob. :rolleyes:

Shada Mori
07-02-2013, 02:17 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/IGears/newfeatures.jpg (http://s85.photobucket.com/user/IGears/media/newfeatures.jpg.html)

what is this?

I believe its either the PS3 or X-box HUD. The different platforms have different ones.

Remag Div
07-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Consoles only have 3 available, as well.

Looks like they might be adding more quickslot options.

dude26212
07-02-2013, 02:44 PM
which is gona kind of suck as all our buttons are currently spoken for at least on the ps3

Envy
07-02-2013, 02:49 PM
finally! maybe we can get some damn heal pots.

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/gifanime/966447921/1/tumblr_l7a5h8lo031qze93m

Zemenar
07-02-2013, 02:56 PM
I believe its either the PS3 or X-box HUD

Nope. We only have EGO Power, 'nade, and vehicle in that spot on the Xbox HUD. We also dont have an I, G, or V button :P
I think it might be more quickslots like Remag Div said, another part of the UI changes Trions working on?

Grymms
07-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Well im guessing its a UI change possible im guessing a back up ego power for quick changing.
you can see nade and the atv in the pic.

Tbh I honestly hope its a loadout switch. One from left one for right so you can quick cycle of loadouts.

I really hope they dont drop this dlc without making a easy loadout switch option....

KjcKiesh
07-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Considering turrets are going to be added in the DLC i presume they will be in a quick slot and thrown like a grenade, question is though what button would it be for consoles?

IGears
07-02-2013, 05:52 PM
yeah, i dont know how that would work for the controller at all. All the button for a controller are taken, unless you get rid of the map one (Back/Select)

SymbolicGamer
07-02-2013, 08:28 PM
This would be my ideal control scheme:

Left Stick: Walk / (Click) Sprint
Right Stick: Look / (Click) Melee

Left Trigger: Aim
Right Trigger: Shoot
Left Bumper: EGO Power
Right Bumper: Throwable Weapon (Grenades / Turrets / Whatever.)
A: Jump
B: (Hold) Toggle Crouch / (Tap) Evade
X: Reload / Action
Y: Switch Weapons

Start: Full Screen Menu
Back: Side Menu

D-Pad
Up: Spawn Vehicle
Down: Emote #1
Left: Emote #2
Right: Emote #3

Remag Div
07-02-2013, 08:49 PM
PC master race only

:D

IGears
07-03-2013, 07:17 AM
PC master race only :D

lol yeah it looks that way...

drackiller
07-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Arrogance was the downfall of manny great civilizations...

IGears
07-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Arrogance was the downfall of manny great civilizations...

true..so, what's you opinion on the UI then?

Sonickat
07-03-2013, 07:42 AM
which is gona kind of suck as all our buttons are currently spoken for at least on the ps3

I'm not a consoller but I think they could simply turn one of the existing buttons into a modifier so that when it's held and another button is pushed it's a different action than if you simply pressed the one button by itself.

IGears
07-03-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm not a consoller but I think they could simply turn one of the existing buttons into a modifier so that when it's held and another button is pushed it's a different action than if you simply pressed the one button by itself.

good point.. change the ego power button to be a modifier to select the other slots there.

Indra Echo
07-03-2013, 08:06 AM

Yep this is the way it's done in other games. Even in this one when you hit start and call up your character menu, if you hold the left trigger the selection wheel menu comes up.

Also, just like with the change weapon button they could change one to scroll through the options available. The new slots might indicate active charge power or something for the new weapons, who knows?

Muffins
07-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Maybe when they upload it to YouTube we'll get a proper 1080p screen to all put our monocles on to deduce this mystery. As it stands it's nothing but a guessing game based on two, very blurry squares.

Chevota
07-03-2013, 08:20 AM
More suggestion then guess but: What if turrets replace the Secondary? Meaning, (for 360) hit Y to deploy said Turret, and what you see is the cooldown.

Honestly im more intrigued by the "Ark Debris". Does this mean we will possible have yet another "Currency" or "Material" added?

Indra Echo
07-03-2013, 08:24 AM
More suggestion then guess but: What if turrets replace the Secondary? Meaning, (for 360) hit Y to deploy said Turret, and what you see is the cooldown.

Honestly im more intrigued by the "Ark Debris". Does this mean we will possible have yet another "Currency" or "Material" added?

Wasn't there originally another commodity (was it Gulanite?) Perhaps if Ark Debris becomes one instead of always getting spam loot that we just break down all the time, we'll get debris that we can turn into salvage or scrip. I also think there was something said about needing other things to earn the turrets but I can't remember what.

Councilworker
07-03-2013, 08:32 AM
One of the E3 DLC videos on Youtube mention Gulanite to upgrade your turret.

Indra Echo
07-03-2013, 09:02 AM
One of the E3 DLC videos on Youtube mention Gulanite to upgrade your turret.

Yes that was it. Thank you.

recon wolf
07-03-2013, 11:07 AM
If i was to assume what they would do for those spots is remove the emotes from the dpad and use them. also i would see them also adding a button for quick class change because pressing start then switching is annoying. I love the game and i am sure they are about to release a few ideas we have given. i did like someones idea about a clan bas and being able to upgrade it. i also think the name vendors should have daily specials to buy with your rep. how all works i am excited to see. and glad they raised the keycodes for minor arkfalls.

Cavadus
07-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Wasn't there originally another commodity (was it Gulanite?)

Gulanite is the green crystals you loot from enemies and get from salvaging equipment. Most people erroneously refer to it as "ark salvage."

Go to your stats page and look for the little green crystal icon.

N3gativeCr33p
07-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I thought gulanite was blue in color?

Cavadus
07-03-2013, 11:52 AM
I thought gulanite was blue in color?

A blue icon wouldn't work with the UI background (which is also blue). Doesn't the obvious crystal shape of the icon say it all? And in alpha the devs always referred to it as gulanite.

And there was never another form of currency besides what we have now. The only change like that made during alpha was that key code fragments were removed and they changed those rewards to full keys.

N3gativeCr33p
07-03-2013, 11:53 AM
A blue icon wouldn't work with the UI background (which is also blue).

So it's gulanite, but mistakenly titled ark salvage... alrighty then. I will make note of that.

IGears
07-03-2013, 12:30 PM
If i was to assume what they would do for those spots is remove the emotes from the dpad and use them. also i would see them also adding a button for quick class change because pressing start then switching is annoying. I love the game and i am sure they are about to release a few ideas we have given. i did like someones idea about a clan bas and being able to upgrade it. i also think the name vendors should have daily specials to buy with your rep. how all works i am excited to see. and glad they raised the keycodes for minor arkfalls.

i am excited to see as well... the Show's season is almost done and with no DLC yet... can only hope for something good to come.

Indra Echo
07-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Gulanite is the green crystals you loot from enemies and get from salvaging equipment. Most people erroneously refer to it as "ark salvage."

Go to your stats page and look for the little green crystal icon.

Well not totally so. Gulanite is blue in crystal form and is only green in liquid form, not as crystals. And it is seen in places in the game in carts.

The game calls Salvage Salvage. But it makes no distinction between the stuff you find on the ground and the stuff you break weapons down into. It sort of makes little sense as to how it's all handled so the reference to having to use gulanite (maybe the crystals or ore) does make sense. I can't see breaking a weapon down to get crystals or even liquid gulanite.

And the use of green and the UI-that could easily be fixed. I don't see anything that would make it impossible to use blue instead.

NinjaofSmoke
07-05-2013, 10:36 AM
If that's little blurry box happens to be turrets that we can place down and use it more than likely to upgradable by your aark salvage first and foremost like all weaponry in the game.