PDA

View Full Version : PC chat UI is it still worthless?

Critas Storm
07-02-2013, 04:27 PM
title says it all, before buy the game is the pc chat UI still worthless and you cant talk to other players?

Have they upgraded the graphics on the pc yet as well?

please let me know cause if cant chat talk to other players in game then it is not a MMO and just dead world single player game.

ty

Arsenic_Touch
07-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Nope. Still as crappy as it was before, and now there's persistent white text that says "press enter to type" as if people didn't know that already.

Area chat is still only visible to the purple dots on your mini map.
Clan chat still bugs out where it doesn't even work.
The friends list and clan list still bugs out and it's impossible to navigate if you have a large clan or friends list.

Chat still disappears quickly and only shows up if you hit enter to talk.
They added a filter to the large chat window (as if we even needed it)

There is word that the DLC will have a chat function that you'd see in most mmos. However, they also said the raptor was going to have a turret and the last across the badlands said that the raptor will have no weapons and they're always giving us the wrong information so I wouldn't take anything said about the chat functions to heart until we actually see it.

Remag Div
07-02-2013, 05:33 PM
What makes it more hilarious is the full chat window actually looks like a decent enough UI, but they decided to use that as the secondary one.

http://i43.tinypic.com/311qd0y.jpg

ThanosPrime
07-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Sometimes my clan chat just stops working, yesterday the group chat was working for me but 1 person in the group couldn't see or type in group chat.

Xoralis
07-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Yeah in game chat needs a massive overhaul but i thought they did that already, meh i dunno.

Either way a better way of chatting would be nice. Also Clan chat causes people to become EMO. If they talk in clan chat and you try reply but it's bugged, some people take it personally and think you are ignoring them so need to whisper them before they QQ.

So remember, being ignored doesn't always mean your being ignored.... =D

Korben Reynolds
07-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Yeah in game chat needs a massive overhaul but i thought they did that already, meh i dunno.

They have, but it's in the DLC. Judging by the videos from E3, it looks like they revamped the entire UI on top of it.

Xoralis
07-04-2013, 08:47 PM
They have, but it's in the DLC. Judging by the videos from E3, it looks like they revamped the entire UI on top of it.

Well then DLC = WIN!

Zydrate
07-04-2013, 09:10 PM
It's clunky. Just another thing on the list of stuff that needs to be refined. Again, it's a young game.

When it hits a year old, I'll start complaining like everyone else. Until then, I'm giving them the time.

varunchandak10
07-04-2013, 10:40 PM
i am too having the same problem. can you help me