PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pistol Weapon

cusman
07-02-2013, 04:41 PM
This weekend I got a loot drop Blue FRC Northstar Flare gun which came with +4 Mag, Siphon Nano, Quartermaster Synergy, and with 3 mod slots open.

I started using it against the new Volge that released Monday and I absolutely love it. It is excellent at killing everything except skitterlings. I even used it pretty successfully in PvP.

I love the consistent Fire Tick Damage and the additional Siphon that kicks in pretty frequently. The critical multiplier makes it better than any other explosive weapon I have tried and you get so much ammo for it compared to how little you use.

Excellent weapon all around. I can't wait until I pimp out the weapon even more.

What do you suggest for Mods?

Barrel: Critical Multiplier x 1.15 or Falloff damage +8?
Magazine: +12 magazine or x .85 reload?

I already have Quartermaster mods for the Stock and Scope (I never really use the aim, but its on for the faster reloads).

Epshiluss
07-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Critical Multiplier and +12 mags.

let me know if you find a north flare with:

siphon
Cannoneer synergy
fire rate exp roll

fire rate 0.03
+4 mags
fire rate 0.10

cusman
07-03-2013, 11:30 AM
Critical Multiplier and +12 mags.

let me know if you find a north flare with:

siphon
Cannoneer synergy
fire rate exp roll

fire rate 0.03
+4 mags
fire rate 0.10

Thanks for the reply. I suppose Cannoneer would be better than Quartermaster once you have such a high magazine size for it.

JxSiN
07-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I hate how pistols are typically overlooked if they are not a wolfhound. The Northstar is a beast with the extended mag bonus. Plus it has incredible range. Also overlooked is the TACC Autopistol. A good one of those can rival wolfhounds if you do a numbers crunch, but most people don't.

fang1192
07-03-2013, 03:14 PM
I like the wolfhound and northstar. I've used all the others but theyre just not my style. VBI/EMC magnums are meh, bullrush is good for comedy but only against humanoids (I should try them against the volge now that i think about it), Tacc autos and Wolverines also dont fit my style, and the revolvers have ridiculous bloom and crap fire rate, finally the blasters are just ammo sinks - good but run out of ammo to fast.

Turantula
07-03-2013, 03:17 PM
I hate how pistols are typically overlooked if they are not a wolfhound. The Northstar is a beast with the extended mag bonus. Plus it has incredible range. Also overlooked is the TACC Autopistol. A good one of those can rival wolfhounds if you do a numbers crunch, but most people don't.

Love the autopistol, I carry one on all 5 load outs :)

divot2001
07-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Love the autopistol, I carry one on all 5 load outs :)

You have to appreciate a weapon designed to give you a critical double-tap by default.

viperstryke78
07-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Magnums and Autos are my normal ones, but I do like my Wolf for red crystal arkfalls. Wolfs are only good b/c of their Crit bonus, IMO. Always looking for Mags and Autos w/ Syphon.

JxSiN
07-03-2013, 06:22 PM
You have to appreciate a weapon designed to give you a critical double-tap by default.

People tend to overlook that fact :)

Misfit501
07-03-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm still a sucker for the wolfhound.

crasher
07-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Syphon flare with a +12 mag. No question.

Muffins
07-03-2013, 07:36 PM
I like that fast firing one. Pew pew pew. It runs out of ammo so much but it's only a side arm for me anyway.

piercehead
07-03-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm a big fan of several of the pistols. Wolfhound of course, Wolverine too. My first "love" was a fire TACC Autopistol and I've revisited it recently (a syphon nano variant) at the Volge emergencies - the reliable double-headshots make short work of the Troopers, stunning them often.

The main pistol I have gripes with is the Bull Rush. It's almost close to being useful...but it's just not. It occasionally knocks them down...which then means you have to adjust aim to hit them when they're down (making use of Intimidation fairly unreliable). Bur the main thing is the sheer inaccuracy of the damn thing. Shame :(

The only thing you have to bear in mind with Pistols is the falloff damage - I pretty much always slap a falloff mod on them, but still, don't expect too much out of optimal range...but there's all those other weapons for that.