PDA

View Full Version : Please take infecters out of pvp.

maggie mae
07-02-2013, 06:25 PM
This has to stop, a clan mate today quit because 'an otherwise fun pvp is ruined by these cancer builds' we had a 6 vs 6 everyone used infect in waterfront, it wasn't even fun.

A) Take them out of pvp, leave pve alone.

B) Create a perk that's 80% dmg reduction against bugs.

I don't even care about the visual obstruction, fire does the same thing.

ps. I'll still play, it just hurt seeing one of my favorite people quit over something so easy to fix.

Epyon
07-02-2013, 06:29 PM
I think taking them out entirely is a bit much. I hate them but I wouldn't go that far. I'm all for defensive perks against them though.

3rdpig
07-02-2013, 06:32 PM
And how will do you suggest Trion explain this to someone who has fun using infectors and threatens to quit if they're taken out. Go ahead, type out what you think Trion should say to those people.

CptBadger
07-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Well, they are annoying. But so is EVERY other weapon that PWNS you in PvP. :)

maggie mae
07-02-2013, 06:33 PM
You make a good point, a defensive perk would be more suitable, just like (-less dmg from vehicals, -blast radius, a -bug dmg seems like a nice compromise.

EDIT) I hearby retract 'take them out' .. a defensive perk would be much more suitable.

Orbital
07-02-2013, 06:36 PM
Or you could just stop pvping and enjoy the pve aspects of the game if you can't hang in pvp, stop trying to get everything nerfed just because you can't figure out how to adapt. The blocking aim is a bit much, but infectors really aren't that powerful unless you're being teamed up on with them. Wait till you run into someone running a good build with a techmag pulser that does siphon so many times you die in what seems a second. If they take infectors out, they need to take all weapons out. Give everyone the same weapons and have some even leveled pvp.

ncanning
07-02-2013, 06:36 PM
So what weapon will get cried about after infectors I wonder?

I don't see anymore infectors out there then most other weapons. SOme weapons I never see at all like pistols, but infectors shotguns gl all are seen regularly.

Orbital
07-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I don't see anymore infectors out there then most other weapons. SOme weapons I never see at all like pistols, but infectors shotguns gl all are seen regularly.

I see almost all weapons being used quite a bit, but it is usually only one or two within that weapon skill that are usable in pvp. Pistols and Missiles are rarer, but I have noticed more mass and swarm cannons being used lately. People complain that snipers are so hard to use in pvp, my clan mates start using them and get accused of aim botting.

Maitreakow
07-02-2013, 06:47 PM
I see almost all weapons being used quite a bit, but it is usually only one or two within that weapon skill that are usable in pvp. Pistols and Missiles are rarer, but I have noticed more mass and swarm cannons being used lately. People complain that snipers are so hard to use in pvp, my clan mates start using them and get accused of aim botting.

Depends on platform. From some videos I have seen sniping is much easier on PC than PS3 at least. Mostly detonators, infectors, and shotties that I have seen. Recently SMGs/LMGs have started making a comeback in PvP.

nitroz76
07-02-2013, 06:49 PM
I think we should just take out ego abilities in PVP

muckleluck210
07-02-2013, 06:52 PM
bare bones pvp

xoxid
07-02-2013, 07:05 PM
bare bones pvp

There you go, smart guy.
Trion, this is important. This is the solution.
Make a Bare-Bones pvp mode, so the complainer can go play in it and leave the other alone.

...But then it will take even longer to join pvp game..

Turantula
07-02-2013, 07:12 PM
That's too bad about your friend, but not every matchmaking is filled with these jerk offs. Maybe tell him or her to suck it up, taketheir L and move on especially if they are not pvp familiars. Even a group if infector ***z is no match for a group that knows what they're doing. The more you play the better you will get; it takes time and practice. Annoying is when you join a match making just to realize half of your team is afk because they are actually sub chars of guys on the other team, and you find yourself down 10-1 within the first 5 seconds of the match lol.

ncanning
07-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Starting sound like people don't want pvp, they just want to be able too win....

I still maintain pvp is fine in general. Would be nice too see weapons like sniper rifles and pistols get a boost, or a niche that would make them attractive for PVP.

I just recently got a lvl up on a bolt action sniper that gives me +15% melee damage, this could make it a good niche for melee in PVP but haven't tried it yet.

thejx4
07-02-2013, 07:32 PM
I think taking them out entirely is a bit much. I hate them but I wouldn't go that far. I'm all for defensive perks against them though.

Don't even need perks. Less range, tone down damage, decrease infection rate. Also need mod restrictions.

maggie mae
07-02-2013, 07:54 PM
You all have very compelling arguments. (Especially Tura) I retract my position. (that means I was wrong)

Let the chips fall where they may. : )

Cortechs
07-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Starting sound like people don't want pvp, they just want to be able too win....

I still maintain pvp is fine in general. Would be nice too see weapons like sniper rifles and pistols get a boost, or a niche that would make them attractive for PVP.

I just recently got a lvl up on a bolt action sniper that gives me +15% melee damage, this could make it a good niche for melee in PVP but haven't tried it yet.

No, people just want a fun, balanced environment to pvp in.

Sure, you can "play" the system, use the few weapons and builds that work, and throw the majority of the perks and weapons in the crapper, but why you people want that is beyond me.

This reminds me of Quake mods. Yeah, I'm old. You had some Quake mods like Team Fortress. The developers created a fun, creative mod and people liked it. More importantly, the devs constantly worked on it to balance it, so that if a person enjoyed playing a sniper or spy, they had a role and a place in the game.

Then you had mods where the devs throw a bunch of **** in that is "cool". One had vampires that sucked health, werewolves that leaped and stuck to walls, etc. There were like 15 different "classes". But you know what? They didn't really care about balance, and there was no point playing most of them because they were weak as hell and being a vampire dominated. If you are a fan of being one of the weak classes, and all you ever get to fight is vampires, then that isn't fun. At all. Sure, you can go join in and play a vampire too, but that gets awfully boring.

Now back to Defiance. Infectors are like hand-held sentry guns. The bugs are like rockets that you can't even line-of-sight, because they follow you around corners. Can you beat them? Sure. Is the effort required to defeat them balanced with the damage output they do, especially when they use the burst mod? Hell no.

When the PvP environment you created is dominated by homing weapons and backstabbing cloakers, you have done something wrong. There is a reason these types of abilities always come with negatives and drawbacks in other games.

fang1192
07-02-2013, 08:01 PM
I'm done arguing against infectors, cloak, and detonators. But, is it to much to ask, that in a game the devs have said is skill based, to be killed by bullets?

Aerion
07-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Honestly, I barely ever see one or two people (in DM at least) with infectors. When I do see them and they don't seem to use anything else, I usually whip mine out and hunt them specifically... lo and behold they stop after a while, and start using an LMG/AR/SMG instead.

Infectors are annoying, not overpowered, not unbalanced. Their damage is pathetic as it is, and the only one actively complained about is the Immunizer, which has the largest crosshairs + range and is an excellent anti-sniper PvE tool.

Contrary to popular (read: idiotic) belief, it's not auto-aim, you have to keep the target inside the crosshair for the homing to kick in, if at any point the crosshair is not red (targeting someone) the needles fly off in the distance. Make the crosshairs about as small as the canker (maybe even smaller), and it's gonna require a lot of effort for Immunizer users to actually hit something.

They'll still be very effective against snipers (which is their intended purpose) because snipers usually stand in one place, but anyone moving/jumping/running circles around you will be pretty safe from them. No nerfing to an already weak and very situational weapon.