PDA

View Full Version : VOT Plasma Pulser

mikepaul
03-26-2013, 01:17 AM
Please let this SMG be available early in the game. The Level 169 model I just got is just so AMAZING, I'd settle for Level 2 in a heartbeat.

I walked in late to an Arkfall and finished first. Hellbugs just disappeared in the glow from the plasma AOE damage. I need to find a few of the big bald dudes to see how much effort they take NOW. Also a better shield since it is a touch dangerous to me too.

Please, please, pretty please...

Drkhao
03-26-2013, 01:18 AM
is that the frustrating gun that completely ruins game play even in co-op missions? The one with the giant Blue bloom of seizure causing madness?
God I hope that thing is toned down some.

Kushhy
03-26-2013, 01:23 AM
is that the frustrating gun that completely ruins game play even in co-op missions? The one with the giant Blue bloom of seizure causing madness?
God I hope that thing is toned down some.
Yes it is that beautiful gun ;D it was made the way it is for a reason. *Variety*

Drkhao
03-26-2013, 01:26 AM
Yes it is that beautiful gun ;D it was made the way it is for a reason. *Variety*

It's a Troll's paradise weapon. It truly ruins almost everything. Several time seeing it in co-op I just rushed ahead hoping to kill things fast then the person using it to keep up. The gun is an absolute nightmare in pvp, you basically have to roll for cover and wait for a reload.

Kushhy
03-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Get the gun and fight back? i have learned to overcome this gun and outplay in pvp. It is just a gun stop whining

Takarias
03-26-2013, 01:30 AM
I've heard a rumor that it's actually been removed/heavily nerfed in the full release. In large part because it blinds everyone.

Kindly stop using it. We all quietly hate you as soon as we see that blue glare.

Drkhao
03-26-2013, 01:31 AM
Get the gun and fight back? i have learned to overcome this gun and outplay in pvp. It is just a gun stop whining

I never once whined about the gun. I merely stated it's a trolls paradise. Don't be mistaken. I could care less what you wish to use. I will simply find ways around it

Adamathias
03-26-2013, 01:43 AM
I finally saw that flare-gun in PvP, though the user was a poor shot with it. My only issue with that thing is how bright it is, other than that it is easy to deal with (maybe because he was a gullible player, always fell for my Decoy tricks. Got a face full of radioactive buckshot every time :p)

Blastiel
03-26-2013, 01:51 AM
Insert generic post asking people to stop playing the game the way they are playing it because it isn't the way I want to play it and therefore must be wrong.

The Oncoming Storm
03-26-2013, 01:59 AM
Insert generic post asking people to stop playing the game the way they are playing it because it isn't the way I want to play it and therefore must be wrong.Or at the very least politely ask them to
STOP BLINDING ME WITH THERE BULLETS OF RETINA DESTRUCTION!

Derity
03-26-2013, 02:21 AM
inb4 every player ingame is using this godlike gun in PVP, including me.

inb4 red ring of death.

Derity
03-26-2013, 02:23 AM

That's a great suggestion for a counter to the gun, get your own.

trololo?

Killaminilla55
03-26-2013, 02:30 AM
im still trying to figure out how people are getting that dang gun x.x

Xerxes
03-26-2013, 02:34 AM
its a random drop off any of the harder to kill enemies...Mutant Minigunner...Grenadier...the 99ers grenade dude and the raider tankers all have a small percent chance to drop that weapon. Its a pain but if ur up for the grind...find a spot and hunker down.

Rebel Raven
03-26-2013, 02:36 AM
Generally luck. Tier boxes, sometimes they're in the store as specials, sometimes they're loot.

OcelotKharn
03-26-2013, 03:58 AM
This gun actually needs to be severely nerfed, its almost unfair in pvp when u can shoot someone from miles away with it and kill them in 5 seconds flat through cover... Remove or nerf

A s0t
03-26-2013, 04:17 AM
there in the vendors

i put a 1.30 ammo clip on mine :)

ChaosOneX
03-26-2013, 04:19 AM
just going off the glare, I agree, the gun should be nerfed. Of course, I understand liking an AoE gun, I use the Northstar for that very reason, but...

mikepaul
03-26-2013, 08:32 AM
So would it be OK if it did the same damage but using ultraviolet light? I agree the glare is annoying.

Found a bald bruiser. Melted him quickly but I was too close and died too from my own AOE damage.

And as far as PvP goes, there will always be complaints that somebody else's DPS must be limited to something that won't kill you too quickly. Borderlands 2 was amusing when new players couldn't injure me at all even after I took off my shield and I one-shotted them straight through theirs. It was not amusing when that happened in reverse. They ruined that game by nerfing, and I'd hate to see another game get screwed up early. If I need to use a sniper to play a game, I'll use a sniper. If somebody breaks a weapon rule, I hope the kick function works...

Munx
03-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Don't really care if the gun is op, as much as I care that it causes peoples gameclient to crash and burn.. I don't understand what coukd've possibly have possed them to add such over the top effects to a gun type.

A s0t
03-26-2013, 08:40 AM
i hope there is a kick function for the idiot in the truck killing the little hellbugs.

DTwO
03-26-2013, 08:43 AM
The gun is amazing stat wise,only funny thing is the super blinding effects it has.I use it to troll people but it honestly needs to be nerfed effect wise.Like someone said above me,why on earth did they need to add over the top flashyness xD

KaosPenguin
03-26-2013, 08:56 AM
pretty sure the gun is already nerfed in the latest build which is retail..

SavageWolf
03-26-2013, 08:59 AM
I always laugh when i see people defending OP weapons like this. Their just afraid that it gets nerfed and then the fact the suck will begin to show when the don't have that gun to aid them.

Just like the dartgun and usas with frag rounds in Bf3, people act like everyone who wants them nerfed are just bad when in fact its the other way around.

They def need to nerf it, especially in pvp

Durva360
03-26-2013, 09:00 AM
I had this weapon during a co-op instance but lost it after finishing the event

Shank 4 Giggles
03-26-2013, 09:05 AM
I always laugh when i see people defending OP weapons like this. Their just afraid that it gets nerfed and then the fact the suck will begin to show when the don't have that gun to aid them.

Just like the dartgun and usas with frag rounds in Bf3, people act like everyone who wants them nerfed are just bad when in fact its the other way around.

Exactly. I can't stand people that defend something that hurts the balance of a game. To make it worse, this guns BLINDS players. Why are we arguing about this? Nerf it.

VGxRedemptionx
03-26-2013, 09:12 AM

Just because people defend an OP weapon wouldn't mean they suck.
I own it and use it but give me a different gun like the ones I used for about 90% of the time i've played the beta with and i'll still do work with it.

Just because someone is using it won't mean they suck, it's a fun weapon. Only had 5 days to play the beta, let whoever wants to use the gun use it and enjoy it before retail comes out and the gun will possibly be either nerfed or removed.

People who hate on the gun either never owned it or are just plain haters.

Exactly. I can't stand people that defend something that hurts the balance of a game. To make it worse, this guns BLINDS players. Why are we arguing about this? Nerf it.

And then we come to the whole thing about it being a beta. If you can't stand playing in the same group as someone with it then leave matchmaking, there isn't a consequence for it. 1 day left to enjoy the beta, enjoy it. I would recommend finding the gun and using it rather complain about it.

SavageWolf
03-26-2013, 09:16 AM
I never said people who use it suck, i said people who claim its not OP and call people that want it nerfed bad players are usually bad themselves. I'm not hating on the gun either, i just said it clearly need to be nerfed.

Syxx
03-26-2013, 09:18 AM

Ya because everyone using the same gun in PVP is so much fun right?

VGxRedemptionx
03-26-2013, 09:21 AM
I never said people who use it suck, i said people who claim its not OP and call people that want it nerfed bad players are usually bad themselves. I'm not hating on the gun either, i just said it clearly need to be nerfed.

oh?

I always laugh when i see people defending OP weapons like this. Their just afraid that it gets nerfed and then the fact they suck will begin to show when they don't have that gun to aid them.

"Their just afraid that it gets nerfed and then the fact they suck will begin to show when they don't have that gun to aid them."

Thought that usually means the person using it sucks and can't use any other gun. could be wrong though?

SavageWolf
03-26-2013, 09:25 AM
I always laugh when i see people defending OP weapons like this. Their just afraid that it gets nerfed and then the fact they suck will begin to show when they don't have that gun to aid them.

I'm talking about people that defend it and don't think it should be nerfed, not about EVERYONE that uses it. I use it sometimes and i still think it needs to be nerfed. Don't try to be a smartass

Derity
03-26-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry but if you use this gun in PVP, you do suck imo lol.

Especially when I kill you.

(I have a standard rifle)

VGxRedemptionx
03-26-2013, 09:33 AM

I'm talking about people that defend it and don't think it should be nerfed, not about EVERYONE that uses it. I use it sometimes and i still think it needs to be nerfed. Don't try to be a smartass

Maybe word your **** right? Anyone with a brain reads said sentence and would think "he's talking about people using the gun sucks."

I'll type it out for you again smart one, "they're *which is the correct way to say it* just afraid that it gets nerfed and then the fact they suck will begin to show.

Meaning people who use the damn gun suck!

VGxRedemptionx
03-26-2013, 09:36 AM

But what about the people who use it for fun?

Running around enjoying themselves is what developers want in the game.
I do agree with you though that the gun in the beta PVP is OP as hell and really dumb to go up against.

Which is the reason I also have a decked out assault rifle.

e/ This gun will more than likely be really nerfed to the point where the ONLY reason to use it would be to troll people or possibly remove it entirely.

SYN BLACK XS
03-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Well, it looks like Trion could do 2 things to help resolve this stupid situation.

1). Lessen the visible effects for others, i.e YOU can see the blue shock'n'awe fireworks show from your gun, but others nearby do not.

2). Don't allow such a weapon in PvP.

Trion has a thin line to walk here, as if such a weapon is allowed back into the game as it is (for PvP specifically), people could very well stop playing. BUT, if they dumb it, and others down too much, others will get tired of the 'nerfing' and move on to something else.

I personally love the SMG, and do not want to see it tweaked (for SP). That being said, I hope Trion has come up with a good middle-ground option.

SavageWolf
03-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Maybe word your **** right? Anyone with a brain reads said sentence and would think "he's talking about people using the gun sucks."

I'll type it out for you again smart one, "they're *which is the correct way to say it* just afraid that it gets nerfed and then the fact they suck will begin to show.

Meaning people who use the damn gun suck!

Read the paragraph as a whole dip****. And don't make a smartass reply next time.

Derity
03-26-2013, 09:40 AM
But what about the people who use it for fun?

Running around enjoying themselves is what developers want in the game.
I do agree with you though that the gun in the beta PVP is OP as hell and really dumb to go up against.

Which is the reason I also have a decked out assault rifle.

e/ This gun will more than likely be really nerfed to the point where the ONLY reason to use it would be to troll people or possibly remove it entirely.

Well if you want me to be more specific, the people who suck are the ones who are consistently going into PVP with this gun and only this gun. Constantly queuing up for PVP knowing they're going in with the Plasma Pulser.

Guns like just don't require any skill. You barely even have to aim, just point in the general direction of a player and hold down the trigger and wait for kills to pop up. In the rare case that the enemy survives the initial blast, hop around a bit to ensure survival. lol.

I can fully understand using it for fun once or twice, hell I've gone into PVP trying to infect kill people, lol. But everyone who uses this gun knows it is overpowered, so using it over and over knowing you're potentially going to be ruining the game for most other players is just lame.

ALVn
03-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Read the paragraph as a whole dip****. And don't make a smartass reply next time.

Heeeyyy 'Wrex' its ALVn LK here ;D always bump into eahother :P The gun needs to be taken out.. I use it.. It makes the game absolutely pointless..

VGxRedemptionx
03-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Well, it looks like Trion could do 2 things to help resolve this stupid situation.

1). Lessen the visible effects for others, i.e YOU can see the blue shock'n'awe fireworks show from your gun, but others nearby do not.

2). Don't allow such a weapon in PvP.

Trion has a thin line to walk here, as if such a weapon is allowed back into the game as it is (for PvP specifically), people could very well stop playing. BUT, if they dumb it, and others down too much, others will get tired of the 'nerfing' and move on to something else.

I personally love the SMG, and do not want to see it tweaked. That being said, I hope Trion has come up with a good middle-ground option.

I very much agree with you on this one, Trion could possible if not already just make it so the effects won't show for others, and like you also said about the PvP I would think the "effects show to you and not to others" would work well with it. Besides, the gun only does 356 damage, I'm pretty sure they will have much more powerful arsenal to others disposal.

SavageWolf
03-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Heeeyyy 'Wrex' its ALVn LK here ;D always bump into eahother :P The gun needs to be taken out.. I use it.. It makes the game absolutely pointless..

lol HEYYYYY, yeh the gun is OP as hell. The clip size and damage is enough to take out a full team without reloading lol. Even then it reloads quick and blinds anyone in its path. And has infinite range lol

VGxRedemptionx
03-26-2013, 09:45 AM

I'm sorry but you sir are an idiot. does anything after what I quoted justify you not saying they suck?

Don't think so. I'll make a smartass reply if the person i'm arguing with acts like a child.

Zonato
03-26-2013, 09:51 AM
I seen someone with it in a coop mission not too long ago, had to leave to get away from this seizure inducing gun.

mcwjimbo
03-26-2013, 09:53 AM
not a fan of nerfing, but hadn't seen this gun in action so checked out this you tube vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dEa00UeyA

titled = The Sun Gun

k, Wow....a compromise between people who whine nerf and those who whine don't = tone down the end point/ impact/ target blast animation

no nerf on damage, just tone down the blinding light aspect. Now want the gun to test it out but the blinding light is way too much, and yeah can see using it too much = inducing seizures in self and any team mates near me

edit>> or maybe its the color = light blue. darkening the color might help

SavageWolf
03-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Really?

If you read the paragraph as a whole you would have understood what i was saying. But instead you misunderstand me and then make a smartass comment and then say I'M acting like a child.

All i had done by the time you made your smartass reply was try to explain what i meant, yet apparantly you made that smartass reply because i acted like a child??

Calmly explaining what i meant = acting like a child.... That makes sense.

Xiiego94
03-26-2013, 09:56 AM
I seen someone with it in a coop mission not too long ago, had to leave to get away from this seizure inducing gun.yeah that gun is worse at night with no lights on. It will strain/hurt your eyes guranteed.

VGxRedemptionx
03-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Really?

If you read the paragraph as a whole you would have understood what i was saying. But instead you misunderstand me and then make a smartass comment and the say I'M acting like a child.

All i had done by the time you made your smartass reply was try to explain what i meant, yeah apparantly you made that smartass reply because i acted like a child??

Calmly explaining what i meant = acting like a child.... That makes sense.

Cussing and being hostile to someone who is telling you that not everyone who uses the VOT Plasma Pulser sucks WHICH YOU SAID! is being childish.

The ONLY thing you said after what I quoted was some crap about Battlefield 3.

Be a man and just accept what I said you said was correct and we can all move along. Sir.

SavageWolf
03-26-2013, 10:05 AM
I cuss, deal with it. And i'll say this again, i wasn't talking about EVERYONE that uses it, just the people that use it and don't want it to be nerfed.

The stuff about BF3 was in my original post, and what i said after you quoted me was.... I never said people who use it suck, i said people who claim its not OP and call people that want it nerfed bad players are usually bad themselves. I'm not hating on the gun either, i just said it clearly need to be nerfed.

So yeah.... get it right

VGxRedemptionx
03-26-2013, 10:10 AM
I cuss, deal with it. And i'll say this again, i wasn't talking about EVERYONE that uses it, just the people that use it and don't want it to be nerfed.

The stuff about BF3 was in my original post, and what i said after you quoted me was.... I never said people who use it suck, i said people who claim its not OP and call people that want it nerfed bad players are usually bad themselves. I'm not hating on the gun either, i just said it clearly need to be nerfed.

So yeah.... get it right

I'll just end it here, I'm not going to keep this act going any longer. We both see differently, It's something us humans do.

Enjoy your last day in the beta sir.

Nervusbreakdown
03-26-2013, 10:21 AM
When I play matchmaking, I can't see anything when that is in my face, tjey have to tone that down alot just for vs mode, its like having a flash bang with bullets at the same time.

KaosPenguin
03-26-2013, 10:24 AM
lol HEYYYYY, yeh the gun is OP as hell. The clip size and damage is enough to take out a full team without reloading lol. Even then it reloads quick and blinds anyone in its path. And has infinite range lol

With extended clip on the normal 40 clip, 52 shots.

illMAtic
03-26-2013, 10:35 AM
It's not just a gun,it's the best gun. The only way you overcame this gun is using it yourself b/c there is no way you're winning a 1on1 battle in pvp while going up against it with a different weapon.

illMAtic
03-26-2013, 10:37 AM
I finally saw that flare-gun in PvP, though the user was a poor shot with it. My only issue with that thing is how bright it is, other than that it is easy to deal with (maybe because he was a gullible player, always fell for my Decoy tricks. Got a face full of radioactive buckshot every time :p)

My friend uses it and he destroys anything in his path.

Grit
03-26-2013, 10:40 AM
true story... i've picked this weapon up multiple times through weapon drops... sold it every time haha.. no want or need for a little blue pew pew pew haha!!

Thee Apothecary
03-26-2013, 10:41 AM
I would be fine with it as long as the thing didnt blind my screen because thats a **** move

Edibl3z
03-26-2013, 10:41 AM
I've heard a rumor that it's actually been removed/heavily nerfed in the full release. In large part because it blinds everyone.

Kindly stop using it. We all quietly hate you as soon as we see that blue glare.

Let him use it, it just distinguishes his lack of skill to default to that lame *** weapon.. as he so clearly stated above, he was getting rolled by noobs using it, and now hes the noob using it. So lets just let players be players and boys be boys.

6Strummer
03-26-2013, 10:46 AM

There we have it. Proof that it doesn't need to be nerfed. Case closed.

Thee Apothecary
03-26-2013, 10:47 AM
The funny thing i have this insta kill shotgun, of course its 1 shot then reload and you have to overcharge with it to get 100% 1 shot kill but hell its funny to see them go ragdoll as you sneak up behind them

RLStroud
03-26-2013, 10:52 AM
I don't think there has ever been a game without a nice OP weapon argument.

There is a line that game devs have to walk when it come to this. On one hand, you want weapons in the game that are easy to use because it allows players to have fun. On the other hand, you have to be cognizant that this also has a negative impact on other players, and you have to try and minimize that.

The main issue with this weapon in my eyes (and yes, I mean this literally as well as figuratively lol), is how ridiculously bright the weapon is. You can barely see anything when someone uses this weapon near you. I had the misfortune of participating in an Arkfall with a guy who had one of these, and I couldn't even see the crystal to shoot at it because it was so bright. That's a bit much.

If they just dimmed the weapon discharge down I would be fine with it for PvE. I didn't really do any PvP so I don't know how bad any of the issues were with that.

BEEF7347
03-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Its a seizure inducer

Grit
03-26-2013, 11:02 AM
let the kids play with their lil blue pew pew... haha...man that's just too funny to me right now

Edibl3z
03-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Its a seizure inducer

Ya dude, that gun... could kill you in real life.

duction
03-26-2013, 11:04 AM
leave it in and leave it be. when you get it in the game next week you will all sing a diff tune :rolleyes:

Syxx
03-26-2013, 11:06 AM
leave it in and leave it be. when you get it in the game next week you will all sing a diff tune :rolleyes:

Once again.. because it will be fun when everyone is using the same annoying gun in PVE and PVP..

Grit
03-26-2013, 11:08 AM
perhaps in release version of the game the weapon is like a super rare or something.. who knows...

lil blue pew pew

ocktos
03-26-2013, 11:09 AM
That gun and a few others... such as rocket launchers have already bin nerf'd... so enjoy your fun with it while you can... and if anyone has beta test before... you'd have seen the comments of this very subject back in January... they've already addressed this issue

mikepaul
03-26-2013, 03:42 PM
That gun and a few others... such as rocket launchers have already bin nerf'd... so enjoy your fun with it while you can... and if anyone has beta test before... you'd have seen the comments of this very subject back in January... they've already addressed this issue
That's sad. VERY sad. I picked up two SMGs during the same farming session, and tried both. The other one, the one I sold, had half the listed damage but twice the fire rate. I thought they'd end up being similar, but the AOE damage from the Pulser vaporized enemies that the other just annoyed a lot.

This gun would have compensated a LOT for the weak shields. I mean, at Level 169 the best shield I get from drops is like 1569 and that comes with lame restore speeds. If there's a list of 'tipping points', where you get better gear after that level, I'd spend time grinding somewhere just to get that high so I'm not clobbered.

So I go back to the Auto-Scattergun as my primary weapon. 772200/772200 doesn't get what I consider a great bonus but that's life. I'll just have to get another one occasionally to boost the damage. Not sure when the mods go up from the first level: anyone know?...

IxTrYxT00xHarD
03-26-2013, 03:50 PM
perhaps in release version of the game the weapon is like a super rare or something.. who knows...

lil blue pew pew

(cartman voice) no kenny its not pew pew pew, it's bang bang bang

Mikey_Time
03-26-2013, 04:03 PM
the gun is op and ruins pvp, dont bother telling me i need to get better because if i had the gun ild do just fine but games like this are about choice not forcing you to use one gun to stay on a level playing field. whatever happened to gear upgrading horizonataly and being about balance and sacrfice in one are to upgrade another?

fang1192
03-26-2013, 04:30 PM

Yes, I am going to willingly blind myself while playing a game. That sounds like a perfect idea.

Classymadman
03-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Hands down the worst gun in a game period, it is way to overpowered and needs to be nerfed into the ground. and that blue light is absolutely stupid and ruins every aspect. but it is the most terrible in PVP. nothing like being plasma-***** by the whole enemy team. and once you get this turd you dont even need another gun ever.

JMadFour
03-27-2013, 01:43 AM
Personally, I don't care if it is overpowered.

I hate that gun because it hampers my gameplay by filling my entire TV with blindness-inducing blue light.

mikepaul
03-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Personally, I don't care if it is overpowered.

I hate that gun because it hampers my gameplay by filling my entire TV with blindness-inducing blue light.
With a light trigger-finger, it's not that bad. Holding the trigger, like at an Arkfall, is BAD.

I found the AOE splashback extended about 2 meters, so as long as I was that far from any mutant I shot, they died and my shield remained intact. ANY closer and I started to kill myself. I will MISS this gun...

freecreditscore
03-27-2013, 09:25 AM
This gun makes my sound glitch out at arkfalls and makes my game crash constantly when people use it around me. The frame rate drops to like 12 fps and is just really annoying in pvp. There are rumors it's been patched, not removed, The blinding blue light is supposed to be a place holder for the AOE damage effect supposedly. Although the reason why I use this gun more than any other is because it has nice damage and minimal bloom, so my thumbs don't get sore from hours of hampering down on my right thumbstick.