PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement: Wolfhounds

Era
07-02-2013, 08:32 PM
As I've noticed some players still don't use Wolfhounds where appropriate, I've created a demonstration as to why you should. Please enjoy "Hulker v Wolfhound".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKjFW_OVXs8

In the future, if one of your new friends or clanmates needs to be convinced to use this weapon, feel free to link them to this demonstration. It will be permanently linked via my updated sig.

Please note: This is the Wolfhound I was using.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/Strifera/2013-07-03_00001_zps1ac922d4.jpg

Zydrate
07-02-2013, 08:43 PM
I want one now.

Jack Johnson
07-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Have hulkers always had that weakspot in their chest?

SymbolicGamer
07-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Video is sped up.

Era
07-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Video is sped up.

I wouldn't even know how to do that. And I can only take 30 seconds of fraps so it couldn't be sped up that much if it were.

Actually...why do you even think it's sped up in the first place?

Have hulkers always had that weakspot in their chest?

Yes, though it usually isn't exposed. While charging/berserk and after a reset during its berserk mode it will be open.

Wtflag
07-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Hulkers aren't the best to use wolfhounds on since the weak spot's uptime is very short.

Volges, scrapper forge or even red crystals would probably be better if we want a demonstration on proper use of the wolfhound.

In most cases, FRC SAW will beat Wolfhounds.

But it is possible to beat a SAW user if you have a wolfhound with ego recharge on reload and is using the full set of EGO recharge perks. The resultant 80% uptime of overcharge should be able to make wolfhounds the highest damage weapon for red cystal Arkfalls.

Era
07-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Hulkers aren't the best to use wolfhounds on since the weak spot's uptime is very short.

Volges, scrapper forge or even red crystals would probably be better if we want a demonstration on proper use of the wolfhound.

In most cases, FRC SAW will beat Wolfhounds.

But it is possible to beat a SAW user if you have a wolfhound with ego recharge on reload and is using the full set of EGO recharge perks. The resultant 80% uptime of overcharge should be able to make wolfhounds the highest damage weapon for red cystal Arkfalls.

I wasn't demonstrating the proper use of a Wolfhound (though chaining crits on an exposed weak point only for your reload to pop as it closes is what I consider proper use). I was demonstrating the raw power of the weapon.

I erased a Hulker in 11 seconds. If I had been using proper perks, a Radioactive Wolfhound with better modifiers, and I had had cannoneer mods on the gun (it is a cannoneer wolfhound) then it would have been even faster. You won't out DPS that shtako with a SAW or anything else for that matter. Feel free to try.

Eorthstapa
07-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Anyone that thinks a SAW can out DPS a Wolfhound that gets mostly critical hits is on something good. Even with a +3 Burst Mod, radioactive, a 5% damage roll and maxed LMG skill... You will not drop a Hulker this fast.

EDIT: They think it is sped up because you are on PC, with higher FPS than consoles, and using a mouse to shoot a semi-automatic pistol at a rate they cannot achieve.

TheFool
07-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Never been a fan of pistols in the game due to low clip size and low ammo storage. Will stick with my SAW.

dude26212
07-02-2013, 09:57 PM
ok so these two assassin wolfhound i have sittin in my inventory waiting for me to make my way to pistols are gona be awesome

Era
07-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Never been a fan of pistols in the game due to low clip size and low ammo storage. Will stick with my SAW.

Just stick em in your arkfall loadout and save em for crystals/boss weakpoints. I said where appropriate; I even prefer a SAW when things get too hot.

Epyon
07-02-2013, 10:51 PM
I hate wolfhounds, although I'll admit they do out DPS everything else. I'll stick to wolverines whenever I need a pistol, but I'm more of an AR and shotgun player.

Grymms
07-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Hey dont let the doubters get to you you have two videos about why use a wolfhound. They still choose to ignore that fact.

I can usually outperform people with orange saws in most aspects of tue game with a green or blue wolfhound. Run co-ops with it, all arkfalls (minus hellbug extermination) and pvp. Outperform most people with what other would consider a "garbage" weapon because its green or blue. I have 12 max experienced wolfhounds in my inventory. 9of those being the 5.0-5.3 crit variety.

These people will continue using their saw for one simple fact. They can't aim very well and are the spray and pray types. Those people who can't aim won't be benefit from a wolfhound they will stick to the saw.

If you have skill try a wolfhound.

Radbane
07-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Aesthetics > Stats

I've tried it, it's good though I run out of ammo fast, but that brown finish with cave markings? Yuck! Can't stand the gun.

Muffins
07-02-2013, 11:34 PM
As much as it's effective, as a gun I'm not too fond of it outside destroying the Arkfall's weak spots.

I prefer the fast firing one, but overall to that, no pistol at all.

Krauser
07-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Been thinking about trying the story with nothing but snipers and pistols, so I may have to try this.

Any mod recommendations?

Alexri
07-02-2013, 11:55 PM
I love wolfhounds, but the one in the video is not just any wolfhound. Accuracy is too high, bloom too low, and mag too high. Seems like one with fairly decent weapon bonuses at the very least

Aeothena
07-03-2013, 12:18 AM
The Wolfhound in the video bashes out 5064 each hit for 17 rounds and then 6077 with another 20.
Total of 207628 DMG.

A Wolfhound has a 16 rounds, 354 std DMG and a 4.0x Crit = 1416 DMG a crit hit.

A SAW has a 94 rounds, 400 std DMG with a 1.5x Crit = 600 DMG a crit hit.

So, my guess is that if it had been a saw in the video:

* More then 37 bullets would have been used, and the Hulker would go up in the middle of the clip. If only 37 bullets would have been dashed out, it would have gathered around 80 000 DMG.

* It would have taken a lot longer and the possibility to have a Hulker charging in middle of shooting.

I've scrapped more than 5 blue Wolfhounds thus far as I'm not a pistol guy. Now I'm searching for one...

I assume Era has the same weapon skill of LMG and Pistols in this example.

Are my calculations correct?

Grymms
07-03-2013, 01:44 AM
What are the stats of the wolfhound used in the video.

Sir Dan
07-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Is the max xcrit 5.4?
One WH I modded showed 5.5 in the mod screen when selecting a 1.15 crit barrel, but after it was attached it dropped back to 5.4

Wolfythedark
07-03-2013, 02:12 AM
I've never been a pistol fan but I picked up a wolfhound tonight and I'm impressed. Its my new backup when the SAW fails me. Now I just have level pistols QQ

bootymode
07-03-2013, 02:48 AM
I've never been a pistol fan but I picked up a wolfhound tonight and I'm impressed. Its my new backup when the SAW fails me. Now I just have level pistols QQ

I love my wolfhound although I use it mostly in pvp I consider it to the perfect weapon :) has the crit mult bonus while firing from the hip, and a crit bonus on the weapon with the barrel :) and its rolling thunder with a stabilization scope or w/e its called now I can only wait for trion to fix the bug with gunslinger and sniper riffles so I can equip the perk to my load out ill be one shotting kids in friehgtyard all day :)~

Aeothena
07-03-2013, 03:03 AM
What are the stats of the wolfhound used in the video.

It was an unmodded weapon, it should have the numbers I wrote prior to your question.

Grymms
07-03-2013, 03:33 AM
It was an unmodded weapon, it should have the numbers I wrote prior to your question.

yeah that all awesome....if it was a white wolfhound. So again my question what were the stats on that wolfhound.
bonuses, if it was max exp and if so what was the max roll.

I highly doubt that was a white wolfhound. Im guessing it was at least a blue if not better.
Also please try to remember the person who made this video has lvl 20in pistols so dont get a wolfhound thinking these are the results your going to achieve at any other level.

Aeothena
07-03-2013, 03:55 AM
yeah that all awesome....if it was a white wolfhound. So again my question what were the stats on that wolfhound.
bonuses, if it was max exp and if so what was the max roll.

I highly doubt that was a white wolfhound. Im guessing it was at least a blue if not better.
Also please try to remember the person who made this video has lvl 20in pistols so dont get a wolfhound thinking these are the results your going to achieve at any other level.

Just stating that your question was “which stats”, and as he said "unmodded" I assumed it was a "plain" one as colors don’t do jack if it ain’t have any effects. We’ll just have to ask him to post a pic on the weapon and which pistol lvl he got and what that adds. Not sure which lvl I have on pistols but no, I do not think I will get the same output.

Grymms
07-03-2013, 04:20 AM
Well unmodded blue will still have at least one bonus or two if its purples or orange 3-4 so it really does make a difference.

I mean yes an unmodded white wolfhound with no bonuses will have the stats you posted.

I highly doubt that's type of weapon which was used in this video.
yeah it might not have a barrel, mag, stock or sight but....Im guessing this weapon was at least of blue quality with a few bonuses.

SymbolicGamer
07-03-2013, 04:38 AM
I wouldn't even know how to do that. And I can only take 30 seconds of fraps so it couldn't be sped up that much if it were.

Actually...why do you even think it's sped up in the first place?

Sorry, my mistake. Just the crappy framerate of the capture makes it look sped up. At least I hope that's just a result of your recording, and the pc version doesn't really play like that. Also, ego sounds a little weird at the end.

drackiller
07-03-2013, 05:10 AM
I`m not a pistol kind of player, mostly because my aim is bad even with the auto aim i take some time to point and shoot.
But i know that in the hands of someone skilled , it`s a beast of a weapon.

Finish the Fight
07-03-2013, 05:11 AM
Ssshhh

The last thing Defiance needs is another good gun getting the nerf bat because people start whining about how “OP” it is.

Tyger
07-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Would have preferred you showed the entire fight and not a crimped version of an enemy that stood there to take it. I'm not discounting the effectiveness of the pistol in question or pistols in general with this game, I just know better than to buy into the hype you've cooked up for this weapon atm. Each weapon has it's strengths & weaknesses and that one ain't worth shtako past 10 meters on a moving target. Hence why some of us appreciate the vid but continue to use our Saws.

Now.... if all your targets had a huge crit box and just stood there looking at you like a water mirage off in the desert, than yea, wolfhound is besterest.

KrypAl
07-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Ok the first video was recorded as a second run through in san fran since the hulkers don't start with that weak spot on their chest.
It would be a lot slower kill had you started from the original point where there was no weak spot immediately.

squidgod2000
07-03-2013, 05:21 AM
So you were exploiting the Hulker for weapon XP, finished, and decided to kill it while it was bugged out, standing there doing nothing and vulnerable to huge crits.

Wow, I'm so impressed.

drackiller
07-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Ssshhh

The last thing Defiance needs is another good gun getting the nerf bat because people start whining about how “OP” it is.
LOL yeah, your right. People complain just about everything.
But the Wolfhound is only as good as the player who use it.
Some very good guns will never be good in the hands of some players, that`s why they always whine .
I have a purple Wolfhound practically a virgin ;)

Kibblehouse
07-03-2013, 05:46 AM
Unfortunately I am one of those people who will not be able to realize the wolfhounds full potential. I dont "snap Aim" very well and I am usually out of position or have the wrong weapon up when the big crit spots come up (ark crystals, kneeling hulker, etc.) When I do land a shot I see the very impressive numbers. If I have to go chasing the crit boxes I am more likely to keep blasting away with my saw. But if I land in a good spot and I know the crit box will be in front of me, then out comes the wolfhound.

Sidenote, I need to hit a scrapper emergency with a wolfhound, I found one with a forge when I was leveling my BA sniper one day and I was seeing 19000 hits on the "eye" Would really like to see the numbers I get with the wolfhounds higher crit multi, and the higher ROF.

HardLuck
07-03-2013, 05:53 AM
I'm guessing the WH helped you win 2 of the Challenge hours last month, yes?? Congrats on that. I use the WH whenever I can remember to. When I have, it amazes me. I've got a scope on my Syphon Blue SAW, and the WH still outperforms it. And if you need anymore backers, let me know :)

fang1192
07-03-2013, 06:54 AM
How do you guys doubt the power of a wolfhound? Even a white wolfhound with no bonuses can do that. Especially if you consider the 5x crit multiplier and the fact that hulkers take double damage to the upper body. Hell, if i have trouble with the Volge, i just swap out to my wolfhound and light up their heads.

Edit: cool, my 1000th post is defending the wolfhound.

Assasino
07-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Well currently I have a few of them but my favourite being my purple one with Assasin mod attached.
It served me well until I came across 2 purple saws in a lockbox and again both with an Assasin mod attached and fire and the other Syphon. I tend to often be at the top of Arkfalls with them and were especially great during the infected Sieges

a2thelee
07-03-2013, 07:06 AM
I've always loved wolfhounds. I just hope my next orange will be one...

drackiller
07-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Well currently I have a few of them but my favourite being my purple one with Assasin mod attached.
It served me well until I came across 2 purple saws in a lockbox and again both with an Assasin mod attached and fire and the other Syphon. I tend to often be at the top of Arkfalls with them and were especially great during the infected Sieges
I have 3 blue Saw, 2 with syphon and 1 with fire and all of them with assassin synergie. :) Never found a purple Saw :(

Era
07-03-2013, 07:21 AM
I love wolfhounds, but the one in the video is not just any wolfhound. Accuracy is too high, bloom too low, and mag too high. Seems like one with fairly decent weapon bonuses at the very least

Edit:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/Strifera/2013-07-03_00001_zps1ac922d4.jpg

The Wolfhound is unmodded.

So you were exploiting the Hulker for weapon XP, finished, and decided to kill it while it was bugged out, standing there doing nothing and vulnerable to huge crits.

Wow, I'm so impressed.

It was a DPS demonstration. Chill. Anyone can solo a Hulker.

I'm guessing the WH helped you win 2 of the Challenge hours last month, yes?? Congrats on that. I use the WH whenever I can remember to. When I have, it amazes me. I've got a scope on my Syphon Blue SAW, and the WH still outperforms it. And if you need anymore backers, let me know :)

Nope, used a Swarm Cannon and Cluster Shot for those.

drackiller
07-03-2013, 07:24 AM
Only bonuses on it are 2 mag extensions and an unused synergy bonus. Totally unmodded.

I need to start using my purple one some more. Four slots open, need to put good mods though.

Shada Mori
07-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Yep a Wolfhound is something everyone should have in their inventory. Any fight that has a weakpoint in it the wolfhound is the best gun for. Scrappers, Hulkers, Red Crystals, Hellbug Warriors (shoot em in the mouth), Hellbug Matrons, etc.. And I mean hell, if its got a head a Wolfhound will make it dead. The gun is just a beast.

I've got a full synergy mod purple one I've had forever that I use at Arkfalls mostly. Its one of my prized weapons.

Anarchos
07-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Just started reset mastery on my orange Wolfhound <3

Two more pistol levels to go ^^

Iceberg
07-03-2013, 07:29 AM
The one I use has a 4.6 crit base on it, does pretty good. With the volge now released, I can take them down before I go down. My SAW's are another story, the slow rate of fire and not so much dps from them, I am usually reviving myself a lot with those guns.

Era
07-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Sorry, my mistake. Just the crappy framerate of the capture makes it look sped up. At least I hope that's just a result of your recording, and the pc version doesn't really play like that. Also, ego sounds a little weird at the end.

Fraps caps your record rate at 30 fps.

Now.... if all your targets had a huge crit box and just stood there looking at you like a water mirage off in the desert, than yea, wolfhound is besterest.

Huge critbox on a slow/stationary target describes a surprising amount of enemies.

Indra Echo
07-03-2013, 07:41 AM
I wasn't demonstrating the proper use of a Wolfhound (though chaining crits on an exposed weak point only for your reload to pop as it closes is what I consider proper use). I was demonstrating the raw power of the weapon.

I erased a Hulker in 11 seconds. If I had been using proper perks, a Radioactive Wolfhound with better modifiers, and I had had cannoneer mods on the gun (it is a cannoneer wolfhound) then it would have been even faster. You won't out DPS that shtako with a SAW or anything else for that matter. Feel free to try.

It's really impressive. I think pistols are some of the most underrated of all weapons in the game. People really have to understand that all weapons have their innate proficiencies and liabilities. I got an orange Northstar Flare with an expanded mag. Never used one before. Since getting it I'm in love. And I even have used the one shot mag ones with a lot of success.

I have a few Wolverines and Wolfhounds and I need to rank up pistols so I'll be trying them, too.

Muffins
07-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Fraps caps your record rate at 30 fps.

How can you use that thing? Despite having 90 frames, if I record it at 30 it'll put my gameplay down to 30 as well, making an entire 30 frames disappear out of no where.
I've just started using MSI Afterburner (Due to MSI card) and it seems to be doing much better than Fraps ever did for me.

Numina
07-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Haha wow, there is a crazy amount of negative responses. God forbid anyone try to help out other players lol. Seriously, it must be a super downer to be so jaded.

But anyway. I do appreciate the advice. I got a nice orange wolfhound back around launch week that I'm glad I kept, I recall seeing one of your original posts about wolfhounds awhile back and I'd never really used mine (wasn't a fan of pistols) and now I keep it in my arkfall loadout, it definitely makes a big difference!

IGears
07-03-2013, 08:03 AM
This is good stuff here.. i wish i could get a Wolfhound to have that many rounds. the most ive has so far was 10.

Era
07-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Are my calculations correct?

DPS comparisons unmodded/no modifiers

1255 no crit white Wolfhound
5272 all crit white Wolfhound
2412 no crit white Wolfhound no reload
10128 all crit white Wolfhound no reload

2415 no crit white SAW
3864 all crit white SAW
3392 no crit white SAW no reload
5427 all crit white SAW no reload

Level 20 in both.

And IGears...Wolfhounds have a base capacity of 12.

Keep in mind Wolfhounds can be modded for 200% capacity whereas SAWs can only be modded with a 150% capacity.

TheOz
07-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Hi Era,

2 things:

Nice job on the 2 challenge hours wins - that took, planning, patience and skill.
and. . .

Thank you for a similar thread you had up a month or so ago extolling the virtues of the Wolfhound. I had NEVER used one until your thread about Wolfhound vs Ark Crystal. Tried it and, I love the gun! Too bad I haven't gotten one better than my average electric one I have now. You would think in 2200 ego since then I could have one drop with damage or crit rolls. Bah!!

Also, that vid is NOT sped up at all. I speak from experience. Even on consoles, PS3, you, or at least I can, rapid fire a gun like that.

Era
07-03-2013, 08:39 AM
Hi Era,

2 things:

Nice job on the 2 challenge hours wins - that took, planning, patience and skill.
and. . .

Thank you for a similar thread you had up a month or so ago extolling the virtues of the Wolfhound. I had NEVER used one until your thread about Wolfhound vs Ark Crystal. Tried it and, I love the gun! Too bad I haven't gotten one better than my average electric one I have now. You would think in 2200 ego since then I could have one drop with damage or crit rolls. Bah!!

Also, that vid is NOT sped up at all. I speak from experience. Even on consoles, PS3, you, or at least I can, rapid fire a gun like that.

Have I made a similar thread before? I knew its been in my sig for a while. I must have forgotten.

YardSaleJesus
07-03-2013, 08:41 AM
My only orange weapon is a Wolfhound with either 32 or 38 ammo in the clip don't remember off the top of my head and can't check it while at work

TheOz
07-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Have I made a similar thread before? I knew its been in my sig for a while. I must have forgotten.

That's it, I followed the link from your sig.
I actually have stopped using the WH for quite some time as I found it made the game comically easy at points.

TheOz
07-03-2013, 08:49 AM
My only orange weapon is a Wolfhound with either 32 or 38 ammo in the clip don't remember off the top of my head and can't check it while at work I hate you Jesus.

JK

Era
07-03-2013, 08:52 AM
That's it, I followed the link from your sig.
I actually have stopped using the WH for quite some time as I found it made the game comically easy at points.

My sig wasn't a link before. I just linked it to the video I made right before I made this thread.

TheOz
07-03-2013, 09:01 AM
My sig wasn't a link before. I just linked it to the video I made right before I made this thread.

The sig must have me caused to investigate the WH and then I found a video. I still never would have used it without your sig.

Indra Echo
07-03-2013, 09:05 AM
This is good stuff here.. i wish i could get a Wolfhound to have that many rounds. the most ive has so far was 10.

I think I know what to do with the +12 mag mod I got. I was thinking about ignoring the synergy and slapping it on my 9 in the mag Flare but I may rethink that.

Kvenya
07-03-2013, 09:18 AM
I was doing scrapworks with my lvl 348 blue Wolfhound that has innate 1.15 crit mult, and a 1.03 damage ex roll, with a lvl1 crit barrel, and a +6 mag and ran off a string of 18 10k crits on a forge's 'eye'...

Wolfhounds ftw!!

3rdpig
07-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I still have people swear to me that using detonators on red Hellbug ark crystals is the fastest way to destroy it. When I show them how fast just 2 or 3 people using Wolfhounds can destroy that crystal, not killing a single enemy hellbug, they think we're cheating. It's always fun to top the charts with zero kills and watch the hate messages appear.

Some people just want to be stupid.

Indra Echo
07-03-2013, 09:39 AM
I still have people swear to me that using detonators on red Hellbug ark crystals is the fastest way to destroy it. When I show them how fast just 2 or 3 people using Wolfhounds can destroy that crystal, not killing a single enemy hellbug, they think we're cheating. It's always fun to top the charts with zero kills and watch the hate messages appear.

Some people just want to be stupid.
Ha, well I worried about that when I started using Overcharge and my Flare with my SAW. Awhile back I used to actually use a Ground Pounder sometimes and I'd always be at the top (though I know that wasn't always earned since the scoreboards are less than 100% accurate). I switched out weapons and stopped caring about the scoreboard (still don't) but now I am once again back near or at the top and at minor red crystal arkfalls I can end up more than double the score of the number 2 player and my killcount is really small, sometimes 0. My damage level is very high though. I can only imagine what a good WH might do.

I have constantly posted in threads that people need to stop complaining about other people killing the skitterlings. Focus on the crystal, let them do whatever they're going to do anyway and you will be near the top or at the top every time. It may be that you won't have as many bites to shoot but you can do a buttload of damage on your own if you just focus on the crystal.

Does anyone have any info on the damage per shot that a WH might do on a bite? I know with Overcharge and my SAW I was getting like 4600 on Raider Rioters at times. I can generally get around 3500 when hitting the Hulker's red spot. When I hit a crystal bite mark I get about 700-900 regularly but it can go as high as 1500, I think. I wonder what a WH hits like.

rotmos
07-03-2013, 10:03 AM
so you killed a hulker in les than 20 sec O.o where can i get a pistol like that?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2813724733.png

dont know why you are so whappy whit your internet? mine is better whats the deal?

drackiller
07-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Haha wow, there is a crazy amount of negative responses. God forbid anyone try to help out other players lol. Seriously, it must be a super downer to be so jaded.
Sorry to disagree :) but not that many having negative comments, only different views.
Don`t think anyone criticized Era`s video so far, only different opinions on the matter.

drackiller
07-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Ha, well I worried about that when I started using Overcharge and my Flare with my SAW. Awhile back I used to actually use a Ground Pounder sometimes and I'd always be at the top (though I know that wasn't always earned since the scoreboards are less than 100% accurate). I switched out weapons and stopped caring about the scoreboard (still don't) but now I am once again back near or at the top and at minor red crystal arkfalls I can end up more than double the score of the number 2 player and my killcount is really small, sometimes 0. My damage level is very high though. I can only imagine what a good WH might do.

I have constantly posted in threads that people need to stop complaining about other people killing the skitterlings. Focus on the crystal, let them do whatever they're going to do anyway and you will be near the top or at the top every time. It may be that you won't have as many bites to shoot but you can do a buttload of damage on your own if you just focus on the crystal.

Does anyone have any info on the damage per shot that a WH might do on a bite? I know with Overcharge and my SAW I was getting like 4600 on Raider Rioters at times. I can generally get around 3500 when hitting the Hulker's red spot. When I hit a crystal bite mark I get about 700-900 regularly but it can go as high as 1500, I think. I wonder what a WH hits like.
I need to quote this one also quoting 3rdpig because this is also my play stile and i never make a comment about otherswhen playing, we all bought the game, we play as we want. Like it or not that`s another question.

My way of aproaching an arkfall depends mostly in the factor time (or time factor), depends if it`s already finishing or in the beggining, depends on the fact of me being alone in a cristal or with more players, etc. Generally i go for the crits when in crouds, alone i go for the kill count. But when in a croud i am a team player 100%.
Sorry, old men ranting...

Maitreakow
07-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Just started leveling up my pistols to use my WH. For those having difficulty leveling pistols, +12 mag on a Northstar Flare (I managed to find a Siphon one).

cusman
07-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Pretty impressive, but can you use one effectively in PvP ??? So far the only Pistol I have used successfully in PvP has been the Northstar Flare gun.

Yokai
07-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Just started leveling up my pistols to use my WH. For those having difficulty leveling pistols, +12 mag on a Northstar Flare (I managed to find a Siphon one).

What do you grind with the Flare to level it up?

Maitreakow
07-03-2013, 11:53 AM

Co-Ops, especially Commander Cronkite. and of course SQ. The crit multiplier makes it a beast with quick snap Auto head shots.

JaygunJesile
07-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Sieges were great for leveling it. But skits are good for it.

Conneri
07-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Sieges were great for leveling it. But skits are good for it.

beat me to it :)

JaygunJesile
07-03-2013, 12:08 PM
beat me to it :)

I r Ninja.

/10 char

PlagueSD
07-03-2013, 01:45 PM

Yep...My thoughts exactly.

Mowazzy
07-03-2013, 01:48 PM
In light of this thread I went out and bought a rather pricey Wolfhound today. After playing with it for 30 minutes I in no way regret my purchase. I do however regret that until now I haven't been leveling my pistols lol
Thanks OP for your insight and the post.

Yun
07-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Isn't the purple named pistol you get from beating Nim of the wolfhound category?

Lindrei
07-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Isn't the purple named pistol you get from beating Nim of the wolfhound category?

Nope, it's a Blaster style pistol with a 13.0(correct me if i am wrong) fire rate, that is also a whole lot of fun(till you run out of ammo).

Yun
07-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Nope, it's a Blaster style pistol with a 13.0(correct me if i am wrong) fire rate, that is also a whole lot of fun(till you run out of ammo).

Well whatever it is I've decimated those Charging Volge monstrosities with it even more so than my AR did.

fang1192
07-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Well whatever it is I've decimated those Charging Volge monstrosities with it even more so than my AR did.

Detu Ara. I think i salvaged it. Felt bad about scrapping a unique, then realized it really wasnt unique other than its name.

Jack Johnson
07-03-2013, 03:51 PM
I had shelved my Wolfhound for a while, since most mooks get die so fast that acquiring their head felt like a waste of time when you could just burst them down in the body with other weapons, but I've started using Wolfounds again after having some trouble with Volge in the SF area. I dunno what was going on but the Volge today all of a sudden started giving me a harder time than yesterday, so I had tried out the Wolfhound on em and it just rips them apart. Probably the only way to consistently quickly beat the Volge.

Kvenya
07-03-2013, 10:25 PM

I did a major tonight with the same blue 348 wolfhound mentioned in my previous post. I was hitting the bite spot with 1700-1900 per shot, and I saw a 2140, so I suspect there may be crit spots *in* the crit spot.

When I fired up overcharge, a ran off a string of 2500+'s.

I took 2nd place with 25 kills, and 1,254,182 damage.

I tried to upload a pic from my phone, but it keeps failing.

If you want 'pics or it didn't happen' proof, I'll happily email it...

Buenos con queso,

T.

Era
07-03-2013, 10:31 PM
I did a major tonight with the same blue 348 wolfhound mentioned in my previous post. I was hitting the bite spot with 1700-1900 per shot, and I saw a 2140, so I suspect there may be crit spots *in* the crit spot.

When I fired up overcharge, a ran off a string of 2500+'s.

I took 2nd place with 25 kills, and 1,254,182 damage.

I tried to upload a pic from my phone, but it keeps failing.

If you want 'pics or it didn't happen' proof, I'll happily email it...

Buenos con queso,

T.

There aren't crit spots in crit spots, you were getting variable damage due to fall off/being in or out of bio effect/someone's radiation proccing/some combination thereof more than likely.

dude26212
07-03-2013, 11:08 PM
ok started usein a wolfhound as my ar back up cause the last thing you want to be doin is reloadin infront of more then one volge these things are the best back up weapon ive come across, and im sad to admit they waste the volge way faster then when im usein an ar. then again they are the ideal enemies for these weapons, they dont jump around or dodge any just stand there and take bullet after bullet to the face

Alexri
07-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Thought I'd share these

http://i.imgur.com/GriwfmJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9eJJ0sV.jpg

Valethar
07-22-2013, 06:05 PM
I erased a Hulker in 11 seconds.

The only time I ever took one down in that sort of time was with a Reaper, and I thought that was fun LOL.

I remember also mauling the Symbiont in a bug Arkfall with it once too.

I'm going to have to find a good Wolfhound and see what sort of trouble I can cause now. :cool:

Evolution
07-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Upcoming Balance Changes

Hi everyone,

I’m back and today I want to go over some of the balance changes we are working on. This is not a comprehensive list of everything that we are currently looking into, just a quick breakdown of those things that you can expect to see soon. Keep an eye out on patch notes to see when these changes are going live.

Blah - ...
Blah - ...
Wolfhound’s – The Wolfhound Pistols were all outperforming both other pistols and many other weapons. We have lowered the damage on these weapons to bring their overall effective DPS back in line with other weapons.
Blah - ...
Blah - ...
Blah - ...
Blah - ...

Hmm... I Wonder how people would have reacted if that really was what the "Upcoming Balance Changes (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?105051-Upcoming-Balance-Changes&p=976908#post976908)" had said. Regardless, I'm sure we'll find out eventually. ;)

fang1192
07-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Hmm... I Wonder how people would have reacted if that really was what the "Upcoming Balance Changes (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?105051-Upcoming-Balance-Changes&p=976908#post976908)" had said. Regardless, I'm sure we'll find out eventually. ;)

I'd be irritated as hell because all the other pistols just flat out suck except for maybe for the Northstar. Either ridiculous recoil, refire time, or something else.

Alexri
07-22-2013, 07:13 PM

VBI TACC Autopistols and Wolverines are beasts too. Haven't tried the VBI Autopistol since it looks like crap, but doesn't seem too bad. Bull Rush has its uses, and the Northstar Flare has some very specific situations that make it a must-have in any inventory.

Krauser
07-22-2013, 07:17 PM
I'd be irritated as hell because all the other pistols just flat out suck except for maybe for the Northstar. Either ridiculous recoil, refire time, or something else.

Now you know how SAW fans feel about the rest of the LMGs. :mad:

fang1192
07-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Now you know how SAW fans feel about the rest of the LMGs. :mad:

I was making this argument for the LMGs as well.

Taccs and Wolverines are ok. Autopistols are decent - they give consistent damage with a decent RoF. Bull rush is just a magnum with a knockdown - and it only works on humanoids. Its good for comedy not much else.

X64
07-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Please enjoy my signature. :cool:

NinjaofSmoke
07-22-2013, 09:41 PM
I have an assassin/siphon wolfhound that is a godsend unto me with the proper mods and perks to work along side it. I've seen this video before and thus is what encouraged me to set forth for the proper tool of enemy decimation. Works like a charm never leave shtako taco stand without it.

Angeleus09
07-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Yeah....yeah ok, Era, you win.

I've seen your sig, I've seen your posts, I have 2 Wolfhounds in my inventory with radiation and syphon on them that I just haven't used yet because I'm not much of a pistol guy.

The numbers don't lie though, looks like it's time to branch out into pistols.

Keevan
07-23-2013, 02:28 PM
There are people playing this game that still use anything but a wolfhound in PVE?

lol scrubs.

Mowazzy
07-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Yeah....yeah ok, Era, you win.

I've seen your sig, I've seen your posts, I have 2 Wolfhounds in my inventory with radiation and syphon on them that I just haven't used yet because I'm not much of a pistol guy.

The numbers don't lie though, looks like it's time to branch out into pistols.

Not using them?!?!?!! I'm interested lol