PDA

View Full Version : Infectors, Detonators, easy fix

Nefarious
07-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Ppl say they want balance and naysayers cry no nerf. The idea of a gun being OPed is fine with a good amount of die hard defenders. Mainly because they use it. And asking for a 'nerf' will make a 30+ page back and fourth debate. Whatever.

Simple solution to infectors and detonators. Just take the PVP versions and minimize the amount of ammo they carry.

This way players who use and abuse such Powerful weapons will have a hindrance of less ammo but in turn will have auto hit abilities of the infector and massive AOE damage with detonators.

Makes perfect sense to have a up side and a down side to wielding such powerful weapons.

So yea..no nerf...no reason to delete them out of pvp. Guns stay shiny and they way they are. Just the weapons carry alot less ammo. Makes sense.

JxSiN
07-03-2013, 12:11 AM
Seeing how all weapons already have a decreased ammo pool in PVP, reducing these even further is actually not a bad idea. This way, the weapons can actually stay decent in PVE (not becoming the next berserker shotgun) and will still have it's effects in PVP (minus an extensive payload of ammo).

Sdric
07-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Actually I don't see your problem with detonators.
The blast shield perk and jump buttom usually do the trick for me to be save.

However I'm a PC player.
Maybe it's worse on consoles

Wtflag
07-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Detonators are easy to escape from.

As stated above, use blast shield perk.

Or just Blur to his face (or when escape artist triggers) and he will be helpless with you shotgunning his face at blank point. I think it goes without saying that detonators don't work quite so well at blank point.

Also note that courier attacks can easily be mistaken for detonator attacks due to how the projectile looks. That might result in some confused people thinking detonators are OP when it is something else that is one-shotting them.