PDA

View Full Version : I have pre orderd on steam.

sypulsesy
03-26-2013, 01:30 AM
Will there be a way to get the stand alone launcher for the game or will there be a pre load option on steam its just i live in an area with slow internet. Thanks.

Defy
03-26-2013, 01:57 AM
I hope there will be a preload though nothing has been announced so far as far as I know

Over00
03-26-2013, 02:02 AM
You can download the launch patcher from steam already, though I don't think you'll be able to patch anything just yet.

FinnishPenguin
03-26-2013, 05:26 AM
You can download the launch patcher from steam already, though I don't think you'll be able to patch anything just yet.
Not true. I have the game on Steam and there is no possibility to download anything yet.

Over00
03-26-2013, 05:33 AM
Not true. I have the game on Steam and there is no possibility to download anything yet.

I looked last night. There is definatly an "Install" button when you select the game in your library.

FinnishPenguin
03-26-2013, 05:36 AM
I looked last night. There is definatly an "Install" button when you select the game in your library.
Weird. I have no "Install" button. :/

Over00
03-26-2013, 05:40 AM

Might of taken it down since last night. Not able to look at the moment being in work and all.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-26-2013, 05:48 AM
I think thats the beta client.

Horad
03-26-2013, 06:17 AM
I haven't had an install button since I preordered yesterday morning.

USMC_Phrog46
03-26-2013, 06:49 AM
After talking with Trion CS during the beta I am pretty sure that there will be no preload on steam. You can download and install the Defiance Updater right now, but I think when it launches your account will unlock in the patcher and you will be able to download the game from there. That is the only thing that worries me after launch is the whole "not entitled to play" thing being fixed hopefulyl it goes smoother that the last beta lol.

Over00
03-26-2013, 06:54 AM

Knew I wasn't seeing things! Screenshot in another thread showing the install button, though as been pointed out it is just the patcher. Nothing else.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?6054-Steam-Pre-Order-Your-CD-KEY-location

Flatlinedisaster
03-26-2013, 07:21 AM
I also pre ordered and have no install button either

Hannibal Grim
03-26-2013, 07:43 AM
That is the only thing that worries me after launch is the whole "not entitled to play" thing being fixed hopefulyl it goes smoother that the last beta lol.

If that happens, you can use add non steam game for the Steam overlay or you can copy the patcher over from trion to your steam directory and overwrite the steam version of the patcher :O

EdgeTW
03-26-2013, 08:18 AM
None of the distributors seem to have received permission yet to eventually allow users to pre-load Defiance at some point prior to launch, which is odd.

Cowkiller
03-26-2013, 09:04 AM
they removed the install link just have to wait few more days till live download pops up on the site ooo 1 week to live head shots to all :P

Prophet of Entropy
03-26-2013, 09:07 AM
well... they may want a more "phased" period of people trying to get in game. having everyone try to login and enter the game at midnight on monday across xbox/PS3 and PC might not be something they want. if you have to download the game/install it, it will spread people around in time and in game.

personaly im ok with this, i had more fun soloing then grouping with people i couldnt talk to.