PDA

View Full Version : Volge overload

Frankenbeans
07-02-2013, 09:07 PM
I don't mind that the Volge are tough, but please fix the emergencies. I did a loop of SF trying to complete a daily and of the 28 emergencies I counted, 27 of them were Volge.

If this is simply a case of the emergencies sticking around because nobody is completing them, well, that might just be an indication that there are far too many of them. I can understand upping the spawn rate for event launch and all, but this is a bit nuts.

noladude
07-02-2013, 09:37 PM
It's called the "Volge Incursion" for a reason. I doubt this will stick around long so don't worry. I lol at the thought of Trion doing this purposely because of all the whining about not having anything to do or having no content. I love it personnally.

"Chill and level your weapon skill."

Era
07-02-2013, 09:43 PM
It's funny because the patch before this content they dumped elemental hellbug emergencies in a lot more spawn pools (and emergency spawns seem weighted toward episode emergencies). At this point, finding a native emergency is freaking impossible.

Should make the Challenge Hour tomorrow a bit more interesting.

tabularasa
07-03-2013, 12:46 AM
They are hard to kill, 3-4 shots on normals ones with a sniper rifle. The captains are just insane. They do seem to live up to the hype of the show, although I think they were toned down for E3. Keeping them this hard will make the game a lot more fun. As for the amount of emergencies, its a pursuit right now, so the spawn rate is pushed up.

I can remember when the other pursuits came out and people complained about the lack of finding the correct emergencies for elemental hell bugs or the holiday pursuits. So having them spawn as much as they are is a nice change of pace. Everyone gets the pursuit done this time around, we all get a taste of the hell the new sieges with the volge are going to bring, and we now have to rethink some strategies on how to properly take down these walking turtles.

Personally I like the teamwork seen with these things. They chew thru Resparks like paper so a few people shooting from all sides seems to work. If this is the damage cold fire weapons can do, can't wait to get my hands on some of the volge stuff.

Alexri
07-03-2013, 02:13 AM
I don't think this spawn rate will stay, but boy, do I hope it does. The Volge emergencies are fun, easy, quick, and give great loot. Plus, only one of them has an annoying slowdown mechanic (the bomb the volge one), meaning that you won't spend 90% of the time in the emergency waiting for stupid animations and whatnot.

They do need to fix the range of those things though. Tired of having to look for the enemies because some noob ran off with them and hid behind a tree

Majik518
07-03-2013, 02:39 AM
Just go do the "Smash" rampage. 6-7 Ominvolts in 3 minutes easy.

Dolnor
07-03-2013, 02:42 AM
Also there is a chance that if you defeat raiders at a road block/camp site, the Volge will take over that location when you hear your EGO say "Looks like something's coming!"

Yeah, Volge are everywhere...I'm loving it (and dying a lot!)

TQQdles™

Arsenic_Touch
07-03-2013, 02:45 AM
I hope it stays exactly the way it is. Spawn rates and drop rates. But you know they'll nerf one or both soon. Would love if they gave more experience but the drops offset that for me. Now turn the bloody clan boosts back on.

I do hope that they add more volge related content as we get to the DLC though.

They do need to tweak the viscera's AI a little bit because a few times he would just stand there while we hammered him. The troopers are a more of a pain than he is, even with the blur through everything.

Councilworker
07-03-2013, 03:34 AM
"The Volge are Coming! The Volge are Coming!"

Volge to the left of me, Volge to the right of me. Volge in front and behind. Passed five Volge emergencies in a row.

Unlike the hellbug and plague emergencies which you had to hunt down.

Shogo_Yahagi
07-03-2013, 06:45 AM
I much prefer this to when the Armistice Day pursuits came out and it was practically impossible to find the emergencies you had to complete to finish the pursuit. When the incursion is over, I would expect there to be a more normal balance of emergencies, weighted toward whatever new emergencies are thrown into the mix.

Besides, the Volge are fun.

fang1192
07-03-2013, 06:56 AM
I want to get rid of the hellbug emergencies in San Fran - thats where i went in the first place to get away from them. I would like to see a Volge vs. Dark Matter emergency though. Especially near Nob Hill.