PDA

View Full Version : In-game city

b4l00n
03-26-2013, 02:38 AM
Ok so City of Defiance is situated in St Louis but what about San Francisco Bay Area? I know Dev said no cities in game but hosnetly it sounds a bit strange... human nature is to socialize and live in 'packs'/large settlement so far the biggest i've seen was Iron Demon ranch. It would be really great to see something similar to Defiance in San Francisco maybe future DLC?
What do u guys think?

-b4l00n

Rebel Raven
03-26-2013, 02:49 AM
Keep in mind the feel of the world is wild west/fallout with some hope and color/post apocalypse with continued destruction falling at random in the form of arkfalls.

'd say large settlements, large buildings, and the such would be a bit out of place.

I do agree, however, that people will want to socialize, and I hope the game accomodates for it as much as possible. Places large and small will hopefully be decent places to hang out.

Muzzah
03-26-2013, 02:54 AM
I think they may have missed the mark by not including any cities. even run down cities, surely there would be something. i think they would be interesting places for missions etc.

Still i am excited to see what they have instore for us.

Coolios
03-26-2013, 03:00 AM
Why not have us players designate one? :P I've been in a few games where that's exactly what happened and it kind of spreads like wildfire. A bunch of people just start meeting in one area and others follow suit in a hive mind fashion. I picture it like an area where people come to get advice and have their own public forum.

worldwarviol
03-26-2013, 03:08 AM
you spelled ST,louis wrong and here a fact about St,louis , "it is called the gate way to the west"

b4l00n
03-26-2013, 03:19 AM
you spelled ST,louis wrong and here a fact about St,louis , "it is called the gate way to the west"

Corrected. Thanks for the tip :D

b4l00n
03-26-2013, 03:21 AM
Keep in mind the feel of the world is wild west/fallout with some hope and color/post apocalypse with continued destruction falling at random in the form of arkfalls.

'd say large settlements, large buildings, and the such would be a bit out of place.

I do agree, however, that people will want to socialize, and I hope the game accomodates for it as much as possible. Places large and small will hopefully be decent places to hang out.

Yeah I feel you but even in wild wild west there were small cities and such definitely bigger than the ones we have in Defiance maybe with one exception as I mentioned Iron Demon Ranch

-b4l00n

Xyr3s
03-26-2013, 03:36 AM
in defiance the game there are no cities or town... just merely ouposts

Rebel Raven
03-26-2013, 03:51 AM
Yeah I feel you but even in wild wild west there were small cities and such definitely bigger than the ones we have in Defiance maybe with one exception as I mentioned Iron Demon Ranch

-b4l00n

There may be some larger compound out there, but I doubt many places will be bigger than San Quentin (sp?) since there's only so much realestate.

We'll have to wait and see what's uncovered in the alpha game.

If no places are particularly suitable, Coolios' idea could be implimented. Find some nice spot to gather, beat down the occassional enemy spawn, and basically make it an area for the players.

Oldboi
03-31-2013, 07:46 AM
Sorry for digging up the (recent) past here but this was the first thing I searched for when I decided to share my feedback- "cities."

I think it's a huge missed opportunity (also may be a tech nightmare) but I hope the devs reconsider having one or two central cities. People congregate, rebuild civilization regardless of "lore"- it's what we do.

And visually it's a big wow moment in most mmo's.

It's not a deal-breaker for me at all, I've pre-ordered after only spending 10-12 hours in beta. But I guess it speaks more to the fact that I'm most worried about the world getting repetitive, despite having a blast in PvE.

Anyone with more time in beta see the world open up more? Or is just too much content being withheld in Beta to know right now?

Gaming Geek
03-31-2013, 07:59 AM
The Crater Bar. It needs to be a social area.

Just saying.

IGears
03-31-2013, 08:09 AM
Sorry for digging up the (recent) past here but this was the first thing I searched for when I decided to share my feedback- "cities."

I think it's a huge missed opportunity (also may be a tech nightmare) but I hope the devs reconsider having one or two central cities. People congregate, rebuild civilization regardless of "lore"- it's what we do.

And visually it's a big wow moment in most mmo's.

It's not a deal-breaker for me at all, I've pre-ordered after only spending 10-12 hours in beta. But I guess it speaks more to the fact that I'm most worried about the world getting repetitive, despite having a blast in PvE.

Anyone with more time in beta see the world open up more? Or is just too much content being withheld in Beta to know right now?

the world is much bigger. the beta only allowed you in certain areas, mainly the beginner areas

IGears
03-31-2013, 08:10 AM

Just saying.

yeah that would be a good place. even though its kinda small

Roar
03-31-2013, 08:14 AM
If no places are particularly suitable, Coolios' idea could be implimented. Find some nice spot to gather, beat down the occassional enemy spawn, and basically make it an area for the players.
See, this sort of thing, is what I could see being incorporated into the show. After a couple months of us just beating down a couple spawns in a specific area, all of a sudden a patch comes out, and a couple buildings have popped up in that spot. and the spawns have been removed, then on the show they make a quick small reference to a new outpost that has popped up, have some people from the show head to the outpost to try to help get it up and running, and then have new npc's the characters from the show.
Would be an amazing fan service.

dirtyklingon
03-31-2013, 08:19 AM
never know there might be a social hub of some kind that gets explained why it's there through the story already in the game, we just havent seen it yet.

mcwjimbo
03-31-2013, 08:24 AM
I think they may have missed the mark by not including any cities. even run down cities, surely there would be something. i think they would be interesting places for missions etc.

Still i am excited to see what they have instore for us.

for salvage missions ok but in any catastrophic scenario there will always be mass die offs in cities and rampant illness, sickness, infections running rampant, and their eventual total collapse

city infrastructure is dependent on outside food sources, water, sewage handling, power generation, etc.

hybridsteel
03-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Isnt the tv show taking place in san fran?

dirtyklingon
03-31-2013, 08:29 AM
Isnt the tv show taking place in san fran?

no the tv shows takes place in st lous. the game takes place in san fran.

Arsenic_Touch
03-31-2013, 08:32 AM
Billions died. They haven't actually disclosed what the remaining population is, so sporadic settlements instead of cities makes perfect sense.

Munx
03-31-2013, 08:34 AM
The lack of a social hub is something I noticed from day one, and as a mmo player first and a shooter player second, It seriously bothered me.. social hubs/main towns/cities ties the game together, it gives the players a place to go at the end of the day.

A social hub can also act as a center for the game, something which the defiance game also seems to lack, while the series has it completly covered with the city of defiance.

And no its not that we havnt explored areas where there will be a town/social hub, devs have said previous that there arnt any except for the safe zones around certain missions/vendors.

Obviously the end goal of a ark hunter will be antartica, but where do we go meanwhile? There needs to be a place for ark hunters to hang our hats while trying to achive that impossible goal. (literaly)

I realise that defiance is a shooter first and a mmo second, however it is still a mmo, and ignoring important parts of what makes a mmo is a grave mistake.

the town could be something as simple as a frontieer town, something similar to megaton from fallout, It could be a stratoscarrier that constantly moves around on the map, which would make it something very unique! and awesome.

Hell, I could even be a crashed stratoscarrier repurposed as a town.

mcwjimbo
03-31-2013, 08:36 AM

Just saying.

HA ^ YES! went to it and tried the door to see if there was an "E" to open/ enter then tried "E" on a six pack of something sitting on the table/ bench outside the door to ninja the booze :-P

Rush
03-31-2013, 08:39 AM
in defiance the game there are no cities or town... just merely ouposts

i believe the whole concept of defiance is to keep some relativity with the game and the SHOW. so i think there should be towns or cities.

Rush
03-31-2013, 08:41 AM
The lack of a social hub is something I noticed from day one, and as a mmo player first and a shooter player second, It seriously bothered me.. social hubs/main towns/cities ties the game together, it gives the players a place to go at the end of the day.

A social hub can also act as a center for the game, something which the defiance game also seems to lack, while the series has it completly covered with the city of defiance.

And no its not that we havnt explored areas where there will be a town/social hub, devs have said previous that there arnt any except for the safe zones around certain missions/vendors.

Obviously the end goal of a ark hunter will be antartica, but where do we go meanwhile? There needs to be a place for ark hunters to hang our hats while trying to achive that impossible goal. (literaly)

I realise that defiance is a shooter first and a mmo second, however it is still a mmo, and ignoring important parts of what makes a mmo is a grave mistake.

the town could be something as simple as a frontieer town, something similar to megaton from fallout, It could be a stratoscarrier that constantly moves around on the map, which would make it something very unique! and awesome.

Hell, I could even be a crashed stratoscarrier repurposed as a town.

^
this

Xyr3s
03-31-2013, 08:42 AM
i made a thread about this i think on the alpha forums..but no word from the devs or ne thing like that... i would really love to have like a small town where players can congregate rather than clumps of people in diff outposts...but what can we do lol..... it's all up to the devs :D only thing we can do is chose a patch of ground in the game and congregate there :) and kill the occasional emergency that pops up. some place with a large square area and a couple vendors and a munitions box :)

Saraya
03-31-2013, 08:44 AM
Ok so City of Defiance is situated in St Louis but what about San Francisco Bay Area? I know Dev said no cities in game but hosnetly it sounds a bit strange... human nature is to socialize and live in 'packs'/large settlement so far the biggest i've seen was Iron Demon ranch. It would be really great to see something similar to Defiance in San Francisco maybe future DLC?
What do u guys think?

-b4l00n

If you can get facilities, vendors, merchants and other things situated at random or various small locations for that purpose and that purpose only (which is how it is now), then that is ideal for this game style.

If you're asking for a hub of sorts to gather and socialize, then no. We want as little loitering as possible, and more people actually playing - and when they get bored of playing, rather than standing around afk or telling Your Mom jokes, they should be logging off and doing something else.

People need to get it through their head that this is not a game for you to get on, shoot stuff(i.e. actually playing the game as intended) for thirty minutes then stand around doing that 'hanging out' nonsense you do in your fantasy MMORGPs.

Do us the favor of staying on your Team Speak so you can talk, but click that logout button in Defiance, so we can save some server bandwidth for players who are ..well playing :Gasp: what a concept.

LadyChaos
03-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Also with the game and show expecting to evolve simultaneously there is plenty of lore already built in to allow for the evolution of cities.

Munx
03-31-2013, 08:54 AM
If you can get facilities, vendors, merchants and other things situated at random or various small locations for that purpose and that purpose only (which is how it is now), then that is ideal for this game style.

If you're asking for a hub of sorts to gather and socialize, then no. We want as little loitering as possible, and more people actually playing - and when they get bored of playing, rather than standing around afk or telling Your Mom jokes, they should be logging off and doing something else.

People need to get it through their head that this is not a game for you to get on, shoot stuff(i.e. actually playing the game as intended) for thirty minutes then stand around doing that 'hanging out' nonsense you do in your fantasy MMORGPs.

Do us the favor of staying on your Team Speak so you can talk, but click that logout button in Defiance, so we can save some server bandwidth for players who are ..well playing :Gasp: what a concept.

No, this WE you speak about is actually a ME, you do not dictate what other people enjoy.

What YOU need to get trough your head is this has nothing to do with fantasy mmorpgs, it has with creating a beliveable persistant world.

I mean no offense, but honestly if all you expect people to do in the game is : Shooting STUFFZ, Leveling up, the end.

Then it might aswell be a streamlined shooter, rather then a mmo.

If all you want to do is shoot, level up, shoot more, wait for random good stuff in weird gun vending machine that makes no sense, and then log out for the day. GREAT, if that is something you enjoy, by all means.

However some of us want alittle more depth added to the game, and some of us choose a shooter that is also mmo, because we consider the social aspect to be important.

Rush
03-31-2013, 09:27 AM

Are you kidding me?!?!? WTF ARE YOU?!?
http://th809.photobucket.com/albums/zz19/BennyBlanco973/th_rampage-jackson-vs-door_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

I want to kick your teeth in...

mcwjimbo
03-31-2013, 09:29 AM
http://th809.photobucket.com/albums/zz19/BennyBlanco973/th_rampage-jackson-vs-door_o_GIFSoupcom.gif

Ouch, poor door

Rush
03-31-2013, 09:30 AM

I paid for the game i can do what i want. if i want to run 10 missions then go to a social hub, chat with friends and get hammered. I can do that. and there is nothing you can say that can prevent it. and just the fact that you are trying to say that its not possible in this game, believe me IM GOING to MAKE it HAPPEN.

Munx
03-31-2013, 09:30 AM
Are you kidding me?!?!? WTF ARE YOU?!?

I want to kick your teeth in...

That is what trion did to my hopes of socializing in defiance lmfao

Rush
03-31-2013, 09:32 AM
That is what trion did to my hopes of socializing in defiance lmfao

where there is a will there is a way, trust me. There are already a couple locations in game ive been scouting anyways xD

Jafo
03-31-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm fairly certain there will be at least one "defiance" like city in the game. We only saw two out of five areas of the map.

Erunen
03-31-2013, 09:45 AM

Cute, but this is just a heavy opinion place by someone who wants to make people angry.

The fact is that this is one part shooter, one part social game. You can in fact do nothing but run and gun the entire time and miss out on a massive social experience. If that's what floats your boat then that's great, however coming down on people that prefer the second part of the game, the social aspect, is just uncomfortably ignorant and sad.

What will make this game successful on a community level is that those two extremes, the shooters and the talkers, understand the opposite side of the spectrum. They don't have to like it, but they also shouldn't treat them poorly.

just my little opinion. Hopefully no more flaming? Just hugs!

Rush
03-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Cute, but this is just a heavy opinion place by someone who wants to make people angry.

The fact is that this is one part shooter, one part social game. You can in fact do nothing but run and gun the entire time and miss out on a massive social experience. If that's what floats your boat then that's great, however coming down on people that prefer the second part of the game, the social aspect, is just uncomfortably ignorant and sad.

What will make this game successful on a community level is that those two extremes, the shooters and the talkers, understand the opposite side of the spectrum. They don't have to like it, but they also shouldn't treat them poorly.

just my little opinion. Hopefully no more flaming? Just hugs!

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/no%20no%20no/grand/will_smith_no_gif.gif

Myrken
03-31-2013, 10:17 AM
My concern is for organized groups and guilds even in an apocalyptic wasteland your going to need a base of operations somewhere.
Yea its great that the npcs have outposts that's cute but the players and in game organizations will need locations as well. Before anyone goes off on a this isn't a mmorpg rant that's fine i understand that but name any major shooter that doesn't have organized play groups as well. Then think about it cities aren't just for players to socialize but a decent location for organized groups to stage for operations outside in the world.

Oldboi
03-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Even if the game is good enough to survive without much "community"- without any kind of working chat, or city hubs, or player housing, or player cities, or guild halls, or full-blown crafting, or the ability to customize appearances (like dying clothes, creating emblems etc.) I still want as much of that **** in there as I can get, of course.

In fact, when I think about my favorite MMO's over the years those are the kinds of things they have in common- game design that allows the player to feel engaged in a "massive world," to own a place in it, to interact with other real people, and to have the choice to play in completely different ways (SWG's entertainers would just chat and dance your Battle Fatigue away in cantina's for tips, and Bounty Hunters would get missions hunting other real Jedi players).
Cities are now a mainstay in MMO's, along with player housing, personalization, etc. Now all that's expected from any new MMO. So yeah, I'm not on board with keeping this as stripped down and repetitive as CoD. It's supposed to be a lot more.
Hopefully some of those extra "layers" of gameplay and community find their way in, in future plans and patches, but I did read that the devs said "no cities" so that's why I asked.

vihazur
03-31-2013, 04:53 PM
It's things like this that make the game feel lifeless and puny to me. It's too utilitarian, almost as bad as a freemium lobby shooter or PS2. I like that it's a shooter, but was hoping for a little more of a world, little more in terms of RPG elements, like maps that are designed for immersion, not just somewhere to put mobs to shoot.

The cities in Rift are pretty lame too though. Guess it's not really Trion's forte.

Xirn
03-31-2013, 04:55 PM
A HUB is needed for people to chill and show off their epic gear :) This has been the case since Ironforge..

Mustaine
03-31-2013, 04:57 PM
A city with vendors, a club or anything to socialize and probably an arena... *Mustaine, you're dwelling off!*- Would be great.

Munx
03-31-2013, 05:29 PM
A HUB is needed for people to chill and show off their epic gear :) This has been the case since Ironforge..

No offense, but its been the case much much longer then ironforge :p

Anyone other freeport campers here? (and yes I realise EVEN eq wasn't the first mmo)

StickyChief
03-31-2013, 05:41 PM
The cities in Rift are pretty lame too though. Guess it's not really Trion's forte.

Really? Thought Tempest Bay was pretty cool.

Deemize
03-31-2013, 05:49 PM
i really cant wait to play this game and see how this all pans out

Erunen
03-31-2013, 07:59 PM
http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/no%20no%20no/grand/will_smith_no_gif.gif

lol I feel the love Rush!

vihazur
03-31-2013, 08:34 PM

Anyone other freeport campers here? (and yes I realise EVEN eq wasn't the first mmo)

Spent more time in Neriak, myself. Moonglow, before that :)

Really? Thought Tempest Bay was pretty cool.

Never saw that one. Last I played, there was only Meridian and Sanctum. Although I did like most of their smaller towns. Are the outposts in Defiance even smaller than Gloamwood Pines?

Xyr3s
03-31-2013, 08:47 PM

afaik UO was the first mmo

Hetros
03-31-2013, 08:50 PM

I like this plan. I especially like it if we get Roleplay servers.

Xirn
03-31-2013, 08:50 PM
As I saw in the 15 min footage from the show there is a cool "town" called... well.. Defiance. It would be nice if it existed and it was in a high level region (so you reach it somewhat late in the game)

Are we all positive that it does NOT exist in the game?? It is somewhat disappointing for me.. Because I love sometimes hanging out and chilling and contributing to the world chat.

And one more point. If the game is connected to the show and has the main leads from the show, not having Defiance the town in the game is pretty lame.

Ensu
03-31-2013, 08:53 PM
While looking through concept art for Defiance I found this picture (http://gamersblock.net/gamefluid/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Marinpine_01.jpg). It hasn't shown up in any of the tv series images for Defiance, which leads me to believe it'll be a social hub/city for the Defiance game. If you look at the scale, it has a marina with boats. That place seems pretty huge. The name of the image is Marinpine.

Gaming Geek
03-31-2013, 08:55 PM

Oddly enough not true. There were MUDS, MOOs, and several large multi-player games on some of the dial-up sites.

First one that was called a MMO tho. :)

(even if I was on MUDS that had 300 people playing at once....)

Xyr3s
03-31-2013, 08:57 PM
wow ive never heard of muds or moos lol.... i think im losing my touch :p

Xirn
03-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Oddly enough not true. There were MUDS, MOOs, and several large multi-player games on some of the dial-up sites.

First one that was called a MMO tho. :)

(even if I was on MUDS that had 300 people playing at once....)

MUDS were all the rage in Telnet days :)))

Hetros
03-31-2013, 09:01 PM
As I saw in the 15 min footage from the show there is a cool "town" called... well.. Defiance. It would be nice if it existed and it was in a high level region (so you reach it somewhat late in the game)

Are we all positive that it does NOT exist in the game?? It is somewhat disappointing for me.. Because I love sometimes hanging out and chilling and contributing to the world chat.

And one more point. If the game is connected to the show and has the main leads from the show, not having Defiance the town in the game is pretty lame.

It's in St. Louis... as in, along the Mississippi River, we're on the pacific coast in this game.

Considering the game is trying to keep the scale 1-1 as much as possible, the distances would be too huge to include.

SheepGoat
03-31-2013, 09:03 PM
Moonglow, before that :)

Ah yes the gold old UOT2A days. memories lol

Sakara
03-31-2013, 09:03 PM
It's in St. Louis... as in, along the Mississippi River, we're on the pacific coast in this game.

Considering the game is trying to keep the scale 1-1 as much as possible, the distances would be too huge to include.

And thus they have a tidy built-in reason for paid expansions!;)

Dixa
03-31-2013, 09:04 PM

UO was the first to be called an mmorpg because garriot coined the term

meridian 59 released two years before UO, and neverwinter nights a few years before that on AOL. both were mmorpgs

the first MUD went live in the 70's. on the internet.

Hetros
03-31-2013, 09:08 PM
neverwinter nights was NOT an MMORPG. If we're gonna call it an MMORPG we need to call Warcraft III and Diablo 1 and 2 MMORPGs.

Xyr3s
03-31-2013, 09:08 PM
but wasnt neverwinter nights sold as a single player game??? like icewind dale and baldurs gate???? hence the current neverwinter online being the first neverwinter to be a mmo??? :)

im nt talking about a single player game with a minor online mode.... but a full on online multiplayer rpg

Ensu
03-31-2013, 09:11 PM
but wasnt neverwinter nights sold as a single player game??? like icewind dale and baldurs gate???? hence the current neverwinter online being the first neverwinter to be a mmo??? :)

im nt talking about a single player game with a minor online mode.... but a full on online multiplayer rpg

Original Neverwinter Nights, 1991-1997, was online.

Xyr3s
03-31-2013, 09:14 PM
as in fully totally online???? where uc an play with friends in the same game????? wow i honestly didnt know that lol.... i always played NWN at home alone :P i didnt have internet at that time :P

well see??? i learn some thing new everyday xD

Broken Drum
03-31-2013, 09:15 PM

Actually NO.. We did Air Warrior Beta in 1983 and it was about the only thing available until about 90. Was a long and winding road from the initial line graphics to the end stuff. It was looking good by 85 though.
Had to rent a portal from someone like GEnie in those days to get access to the net. It was $5 bucks an Hour. Nice crispy 9600 baud.
The good old days were not all that lol.

sp00s
03-31-2013, 09:16 PM
as in fully totally online???? where uc an play with friends in the same game????? wow i honestly didnt know that lol.... i always played NWN at home alone :P i didnt have internet at that time :P

well see??? i learn some thing new everyday xD

I used to have to pay HOURLY to play it on prodigy

UsuallyDope
03-31-2013, 09:35 PM

Someone got some sand up their snooz.

Munx
03-31-2013, 09:38 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridian_59

Don't try to school me. :)

Then again there were other games in that era that could be called a mmo.

Edit: must admit I have never heard of Air Warrior, before now, from what i gather it was a multiplayer game not a mmo though.

Kyse
03-31-2013, 09:57 PM
what u mean it has city's they just part of the ground :P

Broken Drum
03-31-2013, 10:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meridian_59

Don't try to school me. :)

Then again there were other games in that era that could be called a mmo.

Edit: must admit I have never heard of Air Warrior, before now, from what i gather it was a multiplayer game not a mmo though.

I reckon the TERM had not been invented yet - but we had 30/40 at any given time in my squad (the Damned). Could dig out some old printouts but memory says there were over 50 squads by the mid 80's.
So we were only a MO ? Not an MMO heh heh.. We were the only game in town and that was massive enough for us.
I am going to rely on memory instead of learning new history from Wiki data. Hell at one wiki site it was stated that DOOM was the first multiplayer. What they meant was First For Windows.

ANYWAY - back to topic...

Ensu
03-31-2013, 10:19 PM
So yes, cities...

Sakara
03-31-2013, 10:36 PM
Actually NO.. We did Air Warrior Beta in 1983 and it was about the only thing available until about 90. Was a long and winding road from the initial line graphics to the end stuff. It was looking good by 85 though.
Had to rent a portal from someone like GEnie in those days to get access to the net. It was $5 bucks an Hour. Nice crispy 9600 baud.
The good old days were not all that lol.

There was also Meridian 59, and a few others as well. The original Neverwinter Nights was around that time as well.

Babar
03-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Meridian 59... :)

I think too that a hub will be great, I like the idea of a mobile city/traders or of a city/outpost implemented later in the game due to some events in game/during the show... hope someone at Trion read that.

I would like too the possibility to buy a 'base' for our clan, with several prices/choices, containers... and maybe some dice/card game... the base will only be available on the map for the clan which own it.
Yes think it's doable and that people will like it... I used to love this in other game (Fallout 2238:p).

Hetros
03-31-2013, 11:46 PM
WE SHALL MAKE SAN FRANCISCO ISLAND INTO THE PLAYER HUB DAGNABIT!

I'm now officially going to found a guild devoted to clearing out that area D8<

Xyr3s
03-31-2013, 11:54 PM
might be hard seing as san fran is full of well...... i cant really say what seing as it might be taken as a breach of alpha nda :p maybe a bay area.... well area :p

Sakara
04-01-2013, 12:54 AM
might be hard seing as san fran is full of well......

What? WHAT?! Zombies? Mutant strippers? TELL ME!!!!! :p

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 12:58 AM

You had to go there didn't you, Now I want Mutant Strippers in game

Sakara
04-01-2013, 01:03 AM
You had to go there didn't you, Now I want Mutant Strippers in game

Muwahahahahaha! My work here is now complete! ^^

GrafUlrich88
04-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Hello Everyone,

I agree with Rush and the rest of you in regards to a ingame town/city for us to hang out and chat and trade. I also wish we could have area where we could have guilds purchase actual building or walled off section that is dedicated to that guild (perhaps this could be offered by the developers once a guild reaches a certain size (50 or more members)).

Also I hope you can modify your character after your in the world, i.e. hair style, clothing, etc..

Cheers,

Xyr3s
04-01-2013, 01:42 AM

may be?? :p or maybe not :p

Babar
04-01-2013, 01:43 AM
I also wish we could have area where we could have guilds purchase actual building or walled off section that is dedicated to that guild (perhaps this could be offered by the developers once a guild reaches a certain size (50 or more members)).

+1
You write it better than I did earlier

Ensu
04-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Hello Everyone,

I agree with Rush and the rest of you in regards to a ingame town/city for us to hang out and chat and trade. I also wish we could have area where we could have guilds purchase actual building or walled off section that is dedicated to that guild (perhaps this could be offered by the developers once a guild reaches a certain size (50 or more members)).

Also I hope you can modify your character after your in the world, i.e. hair style, clothing, etc..

Cheers,

You know, that's a point. The developers/Syfy keep saying that the two worlds (TV/Game) will have cross-overs. If it's not people/organisations, it could well be buildings. Design a building from the mesh, and texture it, upload to guild forum for approval, devs plug it in for next update.

Player involvement in tv series? The skyline, when characters from the TV series come to San Fran.

heartweaver
11-06-2013, 10:40 AM
the would pop up to chase gold and were able to tare down and moved
so do camp cities with trailers and sleds that can be moved can also have a radar station movable

Bentu
11-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Wouldn't a town or city be prone to Volge or Afflicted attacks?

Shadow Andreas
11-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Wouldn't a town or city be prone to Volge or Afflicted attacks?

Yes it would Bentu, check out my thread following....it covers that :)

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?65120-Ideas-for-Civilization-let-me-know-what-you-think.