PDA

View Full Version : PLaying over Cell networg (4g/LTE)

SergeAyotte
07-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Anyone tried or checked if playing the game on a PC but using a Cellular network is "playable"?

I am going on vacation and will not have wifi always available, so I am thinking of either "hotspotting" via my phone or get a usb stick...

Comments?
Experiences?

Thanks!

Mladenov
07-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Vacation is for rest, not to shoot hellbugs.
You can try to make one speed test via the web site -> www.speedtest.net
You can compare your result with the result with your desktop machine and if you have little difference you can try.

Bt still vacation is for rest!

X64
07-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Maybe, but hotspot all day with smartphone = BOOM

sQuinty
07-03-2013, 08:09 AM
When I was in the process of moving I played some tethered to my cell phone (4g/LTE) and the game played okay, didn't really do anything where lag could be much of an issue though (mostly thinking pvp)

Hannova
07-03-2013, 10:00 AM
It depends on your network. The connection isn't actually constant, which leads to slight issues. The biggest problem I had was trying to activate things (holding down 'E'). The key press wasn't being constantly sent, so it would act like I was tapping the key. Same thing sometimes happened with movement. Coverage in the area will also affect things. Not everywhere has 4G (place I was last month was only 3G), and some areas don't always have great connections (looking at you, Vegas).

Conneri
07-03-2013, 10:07 AM
My phone actually produces a faster connection than my home router (according to Speakeasy.net). I use it all the time while traveling for work and I've never had an issue. I run Skype and Defiance at the same time while sitting in hotels and rarely have an issue. This is via Verizon and a Droid Bionic.

SergeAyotte
07-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks all for your comments!

Yeah, I know vacation is for relaxing, but what can you do in a RV while it's raining! :))

X64
07-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Cellphone overheat - Gotta get that BOOM BOOM BOOM