PDA

View Full Version : LOVE the Volge, but...

iKON
07-03-2013, 06:28 AM
Have to say, with involving the Volge i found happiness again in this game, as these enemies are not only stylish, giving more depth, but also as hard-a**-enemies...as i fought them now a few times, found a way how to beat the big guys, but have to say that to me, the biggest threat comes from the "simple" soldiers...

don't get me wrong, i'm ABSOLUTELY not asking for a nerf and also not for a buff, but would appreciate to make flash-grenades useful against them, as this could help a little against them, mostly from a tactical view, as the soldiers are imo very hard to beat when you fight them one on one...

again, i do really love them and more i love their strength, as they are really tough opponents, that you need to beat also by tactic, but met them often in an open field and just think, that flash-grenades could balance a fight against them a bit, as it gives you sometimes a little time-out to regenerate a bit, when used wisely, especially when you stand alone against them...

another thing i criticize a bit (again, beside the LOVE i have for them and the appreciation involving enemies like them) is, that to me, Volge-emergencies are poppin' up a little too often...had a game where i met them every ten inches and to me, i'm afraid, me, and believe some others too, could get bored too quick, when you fight and fight day by day only Volge, as it's happening now...a better way would be to balance it a little more, include them a little more rarely, for people getting happy when meeting them...as i also feel, that raiders, 99ers etc get a little neglected too...

as said, please DON'T GET ME WRONG, as i really do love them...but that's my opinion...

thx, hope people who read this will understand what i mean, as english isn't my mother language, but tried to express my feelings over it ,)

N3gativeCr33p
07-03-2013, 06:36 AM
another thing i criticize a bit (again, beside the LOVE i have for them and the appreciation involving enemies like them) is, that to me, Volge-emergencies are poppin' up a little too often...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing last night/this morning as I was playing... they kind of seemed too common. But as I mentioned in another thread, it's a nice change of pace actually "fearing" an enemy in Defiance.

iKON
07-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing last night/this morning as I was playing... they kind of seemed too common. But as I mentioned in another thread, it's a nice change of pace actually "fearing" an enemy in Defiance.

yes, it's truly a good change of pace and also dangerous...really welcome them...

but as said, it's just because i fear a bit that they could get ordinary too fast :( as it was the same with the infected to for me...loved them too, but after 2 days got enough of them, because just too often :/

but as long people are happy with it, i guess it has to be okay for me too ,)

Muffins
07-03-2013, 07:15 AM
but have to say that to me, the biggest threat comes from the "simple" soldiers...

That's because there's more of them. There's one emergency where it spawns 2 Firebreather rocket launchers, or something; on that one, three always spawn in a triangle like pattern and it's as if they rotate around like a ferris wheel, making it hard to find an appropriate amount of shelter to hide behind for even a respark shield to regenerate.
You have 3 to worry about, where as with the big guy it's only one. He doesn't attack too frequently either, and as long as you dodge or sprint at the right time, you've effectively negated his entire attack; where as the simple soldiers fire in bursts and have a more better projectile speed (to be near instant) making dodging them much more difficult (but not impossible)

Soldiers have Quantity and Speed.
Big One has Health and Pain, but slow.

Now add three of the big guys... You'll be crying your eyes out because they'll all play ping pong with you with their teleport attack lol

Anarchos
07-03-2013, 07:30 AM
All the tears of the people having problem with Nim that will come in the coming days will be delicious!
After they meet a pack of elite troopers that is!!

Apart from that love the Volge but possibly lower the initial burst 3x troopers can do to you upon spawning and it's all good.

3rdpig
07-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Not only do I think the Volge are perfect as they are, but after players get used to them I'd like to see Trion put in some changes, not to the Volge but to players. I'd like to see a bigger penalty for dying and getting your vehicle destroyed. Not sure what they should be, but it should be something so that death and vehicle destruction is something you really want to avoid.

EV76
07-03-2013, 10:53 AM
@3rdpig, I'm with you on that one. It would be pretty cool. Maybe we loose our load out weapons!

Ataraxia
07-03-2013, 11:01 AM
Not only do I think the Volge are perfect as they are, but after players get used to them I'd like to see Trion put in some changes, not to the Volge but to players. I'd like to see a bigger penalty for dying and getting your vehicle destroyed. Not sure what they should be, but it should be something so that death and vehicle destruction is something you really want to avoid.

Having to pay scrip/salvage to repair your ****ed up vehicle seems like a good idea to accomplish this. Oh, and If they do implement a crafting system, crafting vehicle parts would be another good idea in my opinion.