PDA

View Full Version : So, how will that work exactly?! (renting the game)

Perx89
03-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Hey! Iam asking myself if it will be possible to rent the game at first before buying it. Is the game going to have some kind of key, in order to activite it?! That would mean only one person can play the game, which means renting the game wouldnt be possible.

Any info on this?!

EL1TE
03-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Hey! Iam asking myself if it will be possible to rent the game at first before buying it. Is the game going to have some kind of key, in order to activite it?! That would mean only one person can play the game, which means renting the game wouldnt be possible.

Any info on this?! i think like some games also this one have a online pass or something. not sure.

VGxRedemptionx
03-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Hell why would you even rent the game? There would be so much to do that your overdue bill would make you bankrupt. I'd say just dish out the 60 bucks to buy it rather rent it.

A s0t
03-26-2013, 09:54 AM

Any info on this?!
ask rokkrwolf in the FAQ, he'll know better than anyone. and if you played red dead redemption and liked it, you will love this game

Perx89
03-26-2013, 09:55 AM
ask rokkrwolf in the FAQ, he'll know better than anyone. and if you played red dead redemption and liked it, you will love this game
Yeah Iam loving the beta so far, but Iam not sure about buying it. Beta is so buggy and stuff. Would appreciate any info on this topic!

A s0t
03-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Yeah Iam loving the beta so far, but Iam not sure about buying it. Beta is so buggy and stuff. Would appreciate any info on this topic!the beta is like 2 months old build, and the alpha testers are still under NDA.

Perx89
03-26-2013, 10:02 AM
the beta is like 2 months old build, and the alpha testers are still under NDA.
I know all of that stuff, Ive been reading through the forum for about a week :).

Dendragon
03-26-2013, 10:33 AM
You won't be able to rent this game since it is a mmo. The reason being is that the game will come with a one time use key code which you will link to your account.

iiReLaX o
03-26-2013, 10:39 AM
You won't be able to rent this game since it is a mmo. The reason being is that the game will come with a one time use key code which you will link to your account.

Now you're spitting stuff out just because you think it's right. When in fact we haven't received an actual response to this question.

clonednet
03-26-2013, 10:54 AM
No word out on this yet from trion but i think it has to do with linking your trion account to your console. so it may be possible to rent and play.

Grit
03-26-2013, 10:56 AM
i had no idea that there were still stores around that rented games lol!! i guess time will tell..

X Connorz X
03-26-2013, 11:01 AM
Here is what I THINK. This is just MY OPINION and I DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS. I think that you will be able to rent it (If a rental company has it in stock of course). I also think that you will NOT need an activation key to play it because Defiance is an ONLINE ONLY game so it would be unfair if after the initial purchase and installation we would have to pay more just to play it, surely this would make less people buy it and therefore Trion might lose money from that.

The main reason (that I can think of) for linking your Trion account with your console is for the bonuses from the arkfall codes.

Grit
03-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Here is what I THINK. This is just MY OPINION and I DO NOT KNOW THE FACTS. I think that you will be able to rent it (If a rental company has it in stock of course). I also think that you will NOT need an activation key to play it because Defiance is an ONLINE ONLY game so it would be unfair if after the initial purchase we would have to pay more just to play it, surely this would make less people buy it and therefore Trion might lose money from that.

makes perfect sense IMO! it's not like that football game made by that money making machine.....

Forsaken Demon
03-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Now you're spitting stuff out just because you think it's right. When in fact we haven't received an actual response to this question.

They already said that it will have to play from your harddrive.

Zeiban
03-26-2013, 11:04 AM

You will not be able to rent? I think you will. http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Defiance/5005558/

I'm sure there will be some online pass deal. If GF was going to pull it then they would have done it by now.

DarkShadowMark
03-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Because of the fact that it gives you a code IN GAME in the beta to link your account, I think it will be perfectly rentable. If not, oh well, no bonuses to my character.

Buruko
03-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Okay, so the Xbox security format works like so...

If you install a game to your HD you still need the game disk to load the game on the console. Think of the disk as your 'license key' like on a PC.

If you rent the game you still have to install the game to your HD AND you will require the disk to play. You can play Defiance without a Trion account on the Xbox 360 it is not required at all. However if you want your account benefits or fancy swag. Now in the game you generate a code that links your console to your Trion account, the rub here is that only ONE console can be linked to a Trion account.

So as a Renter of Defiance you will have to do the following:

1. Rent the Defiance disk
2. Install and Patch the content to your HD
3. Begin playing Defiance

Optional:

4. Create Trion Account to link bonuses (if any) to your console

So rent, have fun, and then realize upon return to keep playing you'll need to buy the disk. I think a few Renters will become Owners which is never a bad thing.