PDA

View Full Version : Synergy Mod Caches Stink

angryglock
07-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Of the last 6 synergy mod caches I've spent my keys on 5 had rocket launcher mods and some had more than one RL mod. That's just since I started keeping track. I've gotten bunches of them from past caches as well. Does anyone else get a lot of rocket launcher mods from these things? I've stopped even buying them. I'll just spend the keys on chests, vendor the gear those give and buy mods from other players. Hope we get an AH soon.

Also RLs stink but that is common knowledge I suppose.

crasher
07-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Of the last 6 synergy mod caches I've spent my keys on 5 had rocket launcher mods and some had more than one RL mod. That's just since I started keeping track. I've gotten bunches of them from past caches as well. Does anyone else get a lot of rocket launcher mods from these things? I've stopped even buying them. I'll just spend the keys on chests, vendor the gear those give and buy mods from other players. Hope we get an AH soon.

Also RLs stink but that is common knowledge I suppose.
Me, too, and green.

Orbital
07-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Gotta love when you get whites.

Sdric
07-06-2013, 01:35 AM
My favorites are Rolling Thunder BMG mods.

wild liza
07-06-2013, 03:42 AM
looking for an assault rifle barrel what do i get rocket launchers, rocket launchers and yes more rocket launchers.

Colif
07-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Would Rocket Launcher happen to be your lowest weapon skill? Game seems to selectively give you things you don't use, so all i get now is rocket launcher parts since its my lowest score, but not for long as since i have almost every other weapon skill above 10, I only have rocket launchers & bolt action sniper rifles to skill up... so I have been using them on the arkfalls they suit.

oo629
07-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Would Rocket Launcher happen to be your lowest weapon skill? Game seems to selectively give you things you don't use, so all i get now is rocket launcher parts since its my lowest score, but not for long as since i have almost every other weapon skill above 10, I only have rocket launchers & bolt action sniper rifles to skill up... so I have been using them on the arkfalls they suit.

You can't earn weapon XP during Arkfalls (other than BMG healing).

Keeper Riff
07-06-2013, 10:17 AM
You can't earn weapon XP during Arkfalls (other than BMG healing).You can at minor arkfalls except hellbug ones.

Game seems to selectively give you things you don't useIt's funny that they copied basic MMO algorithm that is supposed to stimulate internal trade transactions while there are almost no no means to actually trade items in the game.

Aenea Endymion
07-06-2013, 10:21 AM
looking for an assault rifle barrel what do i get rocket launchers, rocket launchers and yes more rocket launchers.
I search same mods... and keep getting rifles mods... but not really rocket launcher...

My god... this is the most stupid feature I could have even imaginated... I don't want to have to xp biomagnetic weapons...

Colif
07-06-2013, 11:36 AM
So ideally you should leave the weapon type you really want to use as low as possible for ages, as you will get plenty of choice if game thinks you want other things instead. Its why I went 2000 ER without seeing a new SAW to replace the one I had been using, once I stopped using SAW's and wanted new Pulsars I got SAW's.

I haven't bought many synergy packs, but I can guess I will get pistol/rocket launcher parts like everyone else as they both below 6... its why I am actually building rocket launchers up (pistols only needed to be 5, i don't like them much). Shame I have 3 maxed skills as I will never see mods for those. SMG is one so bye bye lmg & AR mods at same type... that hurts.

I have BMG at 20, they aren't that bad.. useful on skitterlings, chain kills them and saves ammo (note, I don't use it at arkfalls, this is in solo play).

angryglock
07-06-2013, 02:04 PM

RLs are my lowest skill. Interesting hypothesis. I don't think there's any way to prove nor disprove it though unless a dev reveals the secrets to synergy mod caches RNG.

crasher
07-06-2013, 02:17 PM
RLs are my lowest skill. Interesting hypothesis. I don't think there's any way to prove nor disprove it though unless a dev reveals the secrets to synergy mod caches RNG.
Dev would have to know how synergy works, first.

I believe it's VooDoo, and nobody knows....

wild liza
07-06-2013, 02:48 PM
It hasn't been so bad today still an above average amount of RL's but i can live with that, probably just an unlucky phase.

Dooks
07-06-2013, 03:24 PM
where do you get synergy mod caches? I only see them on rep vendors, but for rep points not keys?

wild liza
07-06-2013, 03:55 PM
they are bought with keys and are next to almost every in game vendor (look for the low oval chests)

Dooks
07-06-2013, 03:58 PM
they are bought with keys and are next to almost every in game vendor (look for the low oval chests)

lmao, never realized they were there, just thought those sold lockboxes.

Krauser
07-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Holy crap. I have LMG at 20, and I've never got a synergy mod for SMG/AR/LMG from a lock box or vendor. Ever. And all I buy from lock boxes are mods since I have plenty of weapons that I like, just no mods that go with them. This can't be right, but it makes a lot of sense. Maybe it isn't that they give you stuff for what you use the least, it's that they don't give you stuff for what you use the most.

Sdric
07-06-2013, 04:30 PM
So.
Who'ld pay 30 keys for a cache if you could choose what weapon type it is for?

Anyways, I'ld like the idea.
That'ld even out market demand.
Currently there are huge price gaps since popular weapons share the same mods.

Dooks
07-06-2013, 05:01 PM
So.
Who'ld pay 30 keys for a cache if you could choose what weapon type it is for?

Anyways, I'ld like the idea.
That'ld even out market demand.
Currently there are huge price gaps since popular weapons share the same mods.

raises hand

cusman
07-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Rocket Launchers are my favorite and already skill level 20 for me. I think the Mass Cannon and Bonfire in particular are awesome. I would really like some Rocket Mods. So hard to get (at least for me). If you have Brutal Sledge Arm III (stock mod), then I would buy/trade that from you.

PS3-NA
PSN: cusman