PDA

View Full Version : Pc graphic settings

Aethera
03-26-2013, 10:49 AM
I was wondering if the pc version of defiance gets more advanced graphic options? The game looks decent. But I wonder if they left out the high res textures for the beta client? I really hope we get more advanced options in the retail version.

Senel
03-26-2013, 10:51 AM
hopefully they'll give us HD texture packs and more graphical options or something but we'll see.

PhillyBop
03-26-2013, 10:56 AM
I don't think there has been a game that has released the HD textures for the game in it's Beta wave. So that leads me that this game is no different, and we will be getting our hands on the HD options when the game goes live.

Aethera
03-26-2013, 10:59 AM
I really hope you are right PhillyBop! The worst graphics in the game were at the character selection screen.. I could almost count the pixels..

Vertis
03-26-2013, 11:04 AM
i was actually surprised at how good the game looked, hahaha. i have everything at the highest setting though. I do want to see a borderless windowed mode option tho.

Remag Div
03-26-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm hoping we can increase the draw distance.

Dwane
03-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Draw distance, HD textures, physX (particle effect ftw) - explosions in cutscenes looks like sprites.

Captain Jack
03-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Normally I'd agree with all of you, but in this case, I've enjoyed the game play so much, that I've hardly noticed the mid range graphics. Honestly, for an mmo, I am okay with what I've seen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always happy to see how far my machine can push the graphics envelope, but as I said, if the game play is good enough, I can let a lot slide.
This has been the problem with a lot of today's games, the focus is so heavy on eye-candy, they forgot to make a game that is worth playing to enjoy it...
Defiance, with or without the eye-candy, it's a winner either way.

Dwane
03-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Normally I'd agree with all of you, but in this case, I've enjoyed the game play so much, that I've hardly noticed the mid range graphics. Honestly, for an mmo, I am okay with what I've seen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always happy to see how far my machine can push the graphics envelope, but as I said, if the game play is good enough, I can let a lot slide.
This has been the problem with a lot of today's games, the focus is so heavy on eye-candy, they forgot to make a game that is worth playing to enjoy it...
Defiance, with or without the eye-candy, it's a winner either way.

But face it, physX can do alot to this kind of game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5qhaEghJ74

HexCaliber
03-26-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't think there has been a game that has released the HD textures for the game in it's Beta wave. So that leads me that this game is no different, and we will be getting our hands on the HD options when the game goes live.
Complete and utter nonsense, most games in beta this close to release have all the textures available in the beta client. I have beta tested more mmo’s than I care to remember since I purchased UO back at release, certainly in excess of thirty. In all those tests only one mmo that I can recall held back hi res textures from beta clients in order to create a greater impact at launch, one. But please, feel free to give me the names of those that have not.

While there may be a few icons etc, changed since the last build, do not expect any major differences at release. There is little point testing a game engine prior to release without all the functions enabled, doing so is just asking for trouble come launch. What we may get is access to the customizable options that were hidden from the beta weekend build, but don't expect that to increase graphical quality either.

Captain Jack
03-26-2013, 12:11 PM
No argument. But let's be fair, it's far and few between that we see a game that is FUN to play that COULD survive if not cutting edge graphics.

And if they do release HD textures.... Oh yeah I'll be happy!

Aethera
03-26-2013, 02:10 PM
The game itself is amazing! (imo) So no HD textures won't stop me from playing the game. But I do hope for physX or a little more detail on the textures. Maybe not at release, but some time later :)