PDA

View Full Version : Server Lag/Crash

Punk 0n Wh33lz
07-05-2013, 07:37 PM
I tried searching for this before making a post but on July 5th is seems the Xbox server lags and crashes are extremely high.

Please post if you are experiencing the same issue.

*** No trolls please as I have not experience many servers issues until tonight ***

BrianCruzDMB
07-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Its horrible and pratically unplayable.

Oyjord
07-05-2013, 10:32 PM
I'm new, and want to like the game, but it's currently unplayable.

Punk 0n Wh33lz
07-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Oyjord > Don't let it get to you it's an enjoyable game, but man the lag is def bad tonight.

I'm just hoping to get a good post going so Trion can see that the servers still need a bit of work. Though the time zone on this forum IS 5 hrs ahead of Eastern time which cant be a good thing. Probably means servers are going held overseas some where.

chris33
07-05-2013, 10:46 PM
I tried searching for this before making a post but on July 5th is seems the Xbox server lags and crashes are extremely high.

Please post if you are experiencing the same issue.

*** No trolls please as I have not experience many servers issues until tonight ***

yea was playing the other night and got kicked critical error. server off line. just another day.

Punk 0n Wh33lz
07-05-2013, 11:21 PM
yea was playing the other night and got kicked critical error. server off line. just another day.

Same here. Honestly, they are adding to the game which is great with the different enemies and things, but its so hard to enjoy the game now because they are putting content out first rather than stabilizing their servers.

MstrJedi_Kyle
07-06-2013, 05:37 AM
For the last two days I've had enemies, emergencies, Arkfalls, and well, basically everything popping in and out making the game extremely unplayable. Not sure what's going on.

Enundr
07-06-2013, 06:15 AM
For the last two days I've had enemies, emergencies, Arkfalls, and well, basically everything popping in and out making the game extremely unplayable. Not sure what's going on.

lol just starting today , im having MINOR arkfalls freezing up......sorta going wtf since theres not even remotely the amount of ppl as a major here right now......really wondering if the hamster is running out of energy to power the servers fully.

Enundr
07-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Same here. Honestly, they are adding to the game which is great with the different enemies and things, but its so hard to enjoy the game now because they are putting content out first rather than stabilizing their servers.

its not a bad game , but as far as on xbox , its completely UNSTABLE and borderline unplayable....i know im still waiting for the competitive outfit tab to start working again (he said as we go into month 2 of not being able to access it?)

zerogage
07-06-2013, 09:23 AM

And before that, I have had nothing but spotty gameplay!

Punk 0n Wh33lz
07-06-2013, 10:37 AM
And before that, I have had nothing but spotty gameplay!

Yea, I'm getting kicked because it seems there is just too much going on for the server to handle.

I really like the game and even spend Microsoft points so I can get other stuff, really makes me wonder though just how valued my money spent in the game is valued and if it is valued just what in the world is it being spent on.

I can't wait for the new DLC content they been talking about since the E3 convention but honestly, more and more I am thinking my money would be better saved and spent else where.

No offense to Trion, I understand upgrades and things need to happen to make a good product, I just don't want to waste my time and money if no real improvements are going to be made. I still see the same issues as they have had from day one. Someone else has already mentioned that the new volges are being put in ridiculous places and I can agree. I played last night and because I died near a volge emergency and it was near my spawn point I ened up dying several times as did other players in the area and wasted a lot of script.

If Trion reads these posts and I hope they are, I hope they are considering instead of putting band-aids on everything with patches and new material that they start thinking about upgrading servers. Upgrading servers would really help them in the long run to be able to add things like new content and DLC's.

Doggy
07-06-2013, 11:26 AM
It's not unplayable. If your plan is to troll every arkfall, then it might freeze here and there. If you want to play one of the gazillions other things the game has to offer, then you will be fine.

Punk 0n Wh33lz
07-06-2013, 12:07 PM
It's not unplayable. If your plan is to troll every arkfall, then it might freeze here and there. If you want to play one of the gazillions other things the game has to offer, then you will be fine.

We are NOT trolling the Arkfalls. This is about the game crashing, and bad placement of emergencies/events. The only thing we mentioned about the Arkfalls was when the game crashes after a major event, BUT I have also crashed almost instantly when trying to load the game and I am at a home base where much of nothing is happening.

It was mentioned it is unplayable to an extent but is not my take on the game. Under reasonable conditions and if you know a thing or two about servers then you would understand why it is being said it is unplayable. If you have a game that crashes all the time or lags beyond acceptable levels then you have an issue, and some players feel this is something Trion doesn't care about as it has been a complaint pretty much since the game came out. Yes, the server crashes and lags have gotten better but it can still be seen that they just do not have enough power to run this game.

Here's an example, say you have an issue with your car, are you going to take it to the guy who uses cheap fixes which in turn would cause you to come back because the same issue happened again, or are you going to take it to the guy who fixes it right the first time and go back if you have another issue because you know it will be done right.

I think this is a no brainer as you will go back to the guy who fixes it right, you would not be spending your money on the guy who you would constantly have to go back to cause his fixes fail.

Doggy
07-06-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure I'm ready to write a game off because a bad spawn or bad spawn off an emergency event. If that we're the case, I would never buy COD. As far as the crashes, I have crashed a few times, but as I told someone in an earlier post, because a few restarts, lets just say 500 people crash once or twice, is not going to get all hands on deck. Is it frustrating for you and I, absolutely. But I only crash at Arkfalls, never anywhere else. And even then I may crash once, I wont write it off cause the good outweighs the bad

As far as the car analogy, I understand, but if I bought a 20,000 dollar car, my expectations would be a lot higher then a 60 dollar video game, especially since I already think I got my money's worth on this game. I have played this countless hours and had a lot of fun.

NineLives
07-06-2013, 04:14 PM
I crash fairly often. At least once an hour on average. Have discovered that when you get the critical error you need to back all the way out to the dashboard so that it doesn't repeat over and over immediately. If you are just locking up on an arkfall (both major or minor) where no response is coming from your actions and you can't even switch weapons you can just log out and back in. Yes, you lose the arkfall if you log out before it's completed (you, can sit there and watch the blue dots on your mini map until they start to disappear. This will let you know when it is done. You do run a higher risk of getting the critical error when doing this though.
I've also found it helps to reset your modem once a day. Even if you are only on for an hour or less.

It would be really nice if the server stability issues were fixed. But honestly this game has so many things for trion to be working on I expect it to be awhile before they get to any server level fix.

Punk 0n Wh33lz
07-06-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure I'm ready to write a game off because a bad spawn or bad spawn off an emergency event. If that we're the case, I would never buy COD. As far as the crashes, I have crashed a few times, but as I told someone in an earlier post, because a few restarts, lets just say 500 people crash once or twice, is not going to get all hands on deck. Is it frustrating for you and I, absolutely. But I only crash at Arkfalls, never anywhere else. And even then I may crash once, I wont write it off cause the good outweighs the bad

As far as the car analogy, I understand, but if I bought a 20,000 dollar car, my expectations would be a lot higher then a 60 dollar video game, especially since I already think I got my money's worth on this game. I have played this countless hours and had a lot of fun.

I'm not writing the game off just yet too and I fully understand your point of view as well. I have actually written off COD. LOL. I did get tired of all the bad spawning in that game and I avoid double XP weekend with a passion, if I do decide to play it is usually only after being invited by friends.

For your point about 500 players crashing and it not being all hands on deck. I am not saying they need to put all their money and hard work into fixing the issue immediately, but when its something that happens often and has been going on since day one of the release, you would think someone would be saying hey we need a better fix. A couple extra resources being put together for a big fix could save them time and money in the end then doing all these little fixes. I would rather a big fix be done and be able to enjoy a game with very little new content for a few months, then to have little fixes and not be able to enjoy the game or said new content. The second part to this is, with today's digital world, all it would take is a few unhappy customers to use word of mouth and social networking to give a company a bad review thus preventing new customers.

Just think about it for a sec.

We seem to see eye to eye and both agree that yes the things going on currently with the game are annoying ie crashes, lag, annoying content.

Are you going out telling anyone new to get the game?

Has Trion owned up to what they been promising?
(DLCs - content they been saying would be available since the E3 convention, Reliable fixes - issues that should not occur again)

If the answer is no then I have proven my point. Good game + bad fixes/promises = Game turning to dust and a game company who now has to make a whole new game, get more advertisement which means more money spent just to get their reputation back, when they could of just fix the current game to begin with.

On the flip side of trying to see things from Trion's view. If things are about resources, as we all know they had to let some people go from the project, have they given us any updated information about the game's future? The provide great advertisement but it seems they don't commit.

They make use of a message board every time you start the game, whether it be for information about current updates/patches or special events/sales but they can not seem to give us any real insight to the questions/issues that have been repeated constantly about the game. Every day people are asking about the DLCs and other things we have heard about that are coming to the game. Every day people are complaining about crashes and other errors. At first I use to think "Wow, Trion actually cares about its customers" when after the release and working out a couple bugs that really caused the game to crash, they were nice enough to give us a few little things free in the game. Yes, the items weren't much to get excited about but as the old saying goes, "It is the thought that counts", and I just feel we do not have that same Trion here today as we did when the game first came out.

Punk 0n Wh33lz
07-06-2013, 05:12 PM
NineLives, I totally agree with you. Refer to my longer post to keep from repeating myself. lol.

Kapt
07-06-2013, 05:20 PM
For me, this has been an issue from the day I got the game (02April). At first I believed it to be either my ISP (Live far from big cities) or my wife having 30 instances of IE open on our laptop. After a few days of trial and error I discovered it was the game srvrs.
It happens quite alot to me. All I have left ingame to do is get a legendary grenade to equip for a last pursuit. So I am a black belt ark troller now for the last 8 weeks. I have had a disconnect at least twice a day during arkfalls or shadow wars. I have yet to disconnect during any co op maps. Thats the one positive thing I can say about the game stability at least.
Guess I am about to find out how bad it is. See ya's online.