PDA

View Full Version : A little help with 360 beta?

LifeOnFire
03-26-2013, 11:37 AM
hey there,
this may have been asked and fixed before, but please stick with me while i explain.
I applied for an xbox 360 beta key last night, it showed that the cutoff date was tomorrow, either to apply or for the end date of the beta, im not sure. I havent recieved a beta key yet, but im just a little confused as to how that works. will i get one at some point (assuming im chosen.) after the 27th? or is that the day the beta ends? I'm really looking forward to this game, but i really feel like i need to play it before i buy it, im sure you understand. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Rokkrwolf
03-26-2013, 11:39 AM
hey there,
this may have been asked and fixed before, but please stick with me while i explain.
I applied for an xbox 360 beta key last night, it showed that the cutoff date was tomorrow, either to apply or for the end date of the beta, im not sure. I havent recieved a beta key yet, but im just a little confused as to how that works. will i get one at some point (assuming im chosen.) after the 27th? or is that the day the beta ends? I'm really looking forward to this game, but i really feel like i need to play it before i buy it, im sure you understand. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

"March 27th 8:00am PDT" is the time the beta ends. So if you didn't get a key by now you probably won't make it unfortunately.

LifeOnFire
03-26-2013, 11:41 AM
ahh okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me buddy.

FantasyMeister
03-26-2013, 11:42 AM
There's about 8hrs 30mins left on the XBox 360 beta (it runs out 03:00 GMT March 27th). Whether they're still sending codes out I don't know.

If it's any help, I went into the beta not knowing a thing about Defiance, and now I've preordered, it was just what I was looking for. Obviously that's very subjective but I love MMOs and RPGs and was looking for something a bit different, Defiance fits that description.

LifeOnFire
03-26-2013, 11:46 AM
i know very little about the game tbh, and i probably wont pay too much attention to the tv show unless the game has an app to watch it, similar to spartan ops episodes with Halo 4. im just extremely excited about the idea of an MMO on xbox, i want it to be good, and not end up getting the servers shut after two years because everyone stops playing it.

Grit
03-26-2013, 11:54 AM
If the game sales are good and the show is good... the game may be around for a few years... i mean.. next gens are right around the corner... perhaps this game is a test for what is in store for us as gamers/consumers in a cpl of yrs.

LifeOnFire
03-27-2013, 09:43 AM
definitely man, think of what could happen in the future if this is a success.