PDA

View Full Version : Mob Scaling

exxcess
03-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Would anyone be able to shed some input on this topic?

Does each mob scale to your ego/weapon damage? or it is a preset static hp value?

Once i get an ego 1000 weapon and go back to the starter area will it take just as many number of hits to kill the same mob? or will I just one shot it?

Sanguinesun
03-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Would anyone be able to shed some input on this topic?

Does each mob scale to your ego/weapon damage? or it is a preset static hp value?

Once i get an ego 1000 weapon and go back to the starter area will it take just as many number of hits to kill the same mob? or will I just one shot it?

1. There is no 1000 ego weapon. Weapons are their own deal. Some weapons drop from mobs at higher ego levels but their base damage and type dont change on ego level. You, like others really have to see weapons as more lateral variations over scaling upchanges. Your perk choices, mods, etc have more bearing to damage variances.

2. Mobs do not scale to your ego weapon damage. Neither is it a preset static value.... perse. To better explain, if you solo'd an minor arkfall, there is a difference when you start adding others to the event. Its not big but its there.

exxcess
03-26-2013, 12:45 PM
1. There is no 1000 ego weapon. Weapons are their own deal. Some weapons drop from mobs at higher ego levels but their base damage and type dont change on ego level. You, like others really have to see weapons as more lateral variations over scaling upchanges. Your perk choices, mods, etc have more bearing to damage variances.

2. Mobs do not scale to your ego weapon damage. Neither is it a preset static value.... perse. To better explain, if you solo'd an minor arkfall, there is a difference when you start adding others to the event. Its not big but its there.

Hmm, Sledge has said that weapon damage scaling was not reflective and loot tables were disabled for beta... thats what led me to believe that you WILL get stronger as you progress in terms of firepower. Of course base damage will scale based on their lvl based off this? that is likely why lower players are unable to use your higher EGO weapons? Makes sense right?

I understand and fully agree with concept of scaling monster lvl to the number of players it encounters. What I understand about this is that if monster x has 1000 hp then when vs 2 people of lets say 500 EGO it will no doubt have 2000 hp to provide an equivalent experience.

What I am wondering is that once one player a has reached lets say 1000 EGO and have that equivalent in weapons (with + damage), and goes back to the first mob will it still have 1000 hp or more? If said player teams up with the same partner of 500 EGO would the mob then have 2000 hp still? or would it be something higher because player A is stronger than player B?

Prophet of Entropy
03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
saying the weapons scale means nothing unless you know the scale. a 10% bonus to damage personaly doesnt mean much if your going from lvl1 to lvl10,000 or what ever.

mob scaling scales to number of people not thier ego rating.

exxcess
03-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Right so you can confirm that a mob has health based on number of players only? so if mob x has 1000 hp it will be only + 1000 more for each player that joins up no matter what their ego is?