PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop!!!

DigitalPhail
03-26-2013, 12:22 PM
just recieved word my gamestop here in california is having a midnight launch :D...lucky me, most likely take an hour looking at the stuff.

At 1am PDT(PST) ill be online in no time :D

let me know who ever wants to start at that time and go about getting the good stuff :D

xbl: DigitalPhail

MoFetti
03-26-2013, 01:08 PM
That's cool, but do we know what time they are turning the servers on? Just because you have the game in hand doesn't mean you will be able to play.

Dixa
03-26-2013, 01:09 PM
gamestop only does midnight launches when a game reaches a certain sales threshold.

the game is clearly doing better than people think.

Rabid Cat
03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
The one by my house only has 7 pre-orders :(

6 - Xbox 360
1 - PS3

Maybe WalMart is a better option.

DigitalPhail
03-26-2013, 02:27 PM
gamestop only does midnight launches when a game reaches a certain sales threshold.

the game is clearly doing better than people think.

thats what i was hopeing people would think :D

KyoKunChan
03-26-2013, 02:29 PM
My some what small town will not get that many for a MNR.

FP x SNUBKILLER
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
i just went today to preorder my copy. they said most likely they are not having midnight release.

DigitalPhail
03-26-2013, 03:18 PM
i just went today to preorder my copy. they said most likely they are not having midnight release.

im kinda wondering how many pre-ordered in the area im in to have a midnight realease o.O

Duskky
03-26-2013, 03:23 PM
I remember pre-ordering Bulletstorm, only guy in there for it, that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas soooooooooooooooo awkward. Then again Killzone 3 was released at the same time. ;~;

DigitalPhail
03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
I remember pre-ordering Bulletstorm, only guy in there for it, that waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas soooooooooooooooo awkward. Then again Killzone 3 was released at the same time. ;~;

well with a MNR for me, ill get to know whos playing and plan ahead for parties and what not.
The thing is i dont know if i wanna be first in line or middle :D, ill probably have to swing by my
gamestop around 10pm-ish to know if i should park and wait in line and talk with fellow gamers :o

dragoniron13
03-26-2013, 03:46 PM
My old lady already informed me that I will be going to the MNR and I already put in to take some Vacation time, I am excited for this game as I finally get to start at the beginning before the serious gamers start stacking on the levels.

Tengaar
03-26-2013, 04:10 PM
just recieved word my gamestop here in california is having a midnight launch :D...lucky me, most likely take an hour looking at the stuff.

let me know who ever wants to start at that time and go about getting the good stuff :D

where in california?

DigitalPhail
03-26-2013, 04:17 PM
where in california?

Southern california, near big bear

Edibl3z
03-26-2013, 04:34 PM
The one by my house only has 7 pre-orders :(

6 - Xbox 360
1 - PS3

Maybe WalMart is a better option.

how do you know the specifics, do you ask them? lol.

KaosPenguin
03-26-2013, 05:10 PM
how do you know the specifics, do you ask them? lol.

Yep, I think mines only got 5 Xbox 360 and 1 PS3.

Evan Shaw
03-28-2013, 12:54 AM

I just went down to the Game Stop by me in Longbeach CA. Went and Pre Ordered for PS3.They didn't say anything about a midnight release but I can call them. They were saying that they were out of Codes for the Pre Order Content (Hoping this gets worked out before Tuesday I want the Red Challenger) . Went down for the God Of War Ascension Midnight release a couple weeks ago. It got pretty packed.

DigitalPhail
03-28-2013, 01:16 AM
I just went down to the Game Stop by me in Longbeach CA. Went and Pre Ordered for PS3.They didn't say anything about a midnight release but I can call them. They were saying that they were out of Codes for the Pre Order Content (Hoping this gets worked out before Tuesday I want the Red Challenger) . Went down for the God Of War Ascension Midnight release a couple weeks ago. It got pretty packed.

im not to thrilled if it gets real packed, but will be nice to get to chat with people in line if there is one lol

freecreditscore
03-28-2013, 01:21 AM
I'm disappointed mine won't have one. I personally want my game around midnight and not have to wait til 10 in the morning for my GameStop to open. Gonna try to see if there's a way I can get my game at midnight. Even if I have to slip a 20 someone's way... Haha

DigitalPhail
03-28-2013, 01:26 AM
lol, id say to do that on the 1st, but you might get a april fools joke and they keep the 20

Evan Shaw
03-29-2013, 07:05 AM
im not to thrilled if it gets real packed, but will be nice to get to chat with people in line if there is one lol

When mine has one its like 3 hours standing around in the store and then about 5 to 10 minutes before they kick us out of the store lol Bring us back in based on when we picked up our final recipt.

Ichidakiller
03-29-2013, 07:09 AM
That's cool, but do we know what time they are turning the servers on? Just because you have the game in hand doesn't mean you will be able to play.

They have said via twitter the servers will be live 12am EST April 2nd.

Javik
03-29-2013, 07:25 AM
the gamestop near me is having a night launch but I'll wait to pick up my preorder in the am.

yesterday went to preorder the ultimate for pc and the girls behind the counter told me they were unable to take any more preorders for console ultimate platforms.

I still have my Xbox ultimate preorder, only added the PC version just to have the bonus items if I do. I'd go with steam but have had unsafe bad experience from the past with steam.

Besides I think consoles for this game, just a hunch, is going to really take flight when the tv show goes live. My gut is telling me its gonna be one of those silent sneak up on everyone when they aren't lookin massive popular money generating machines. It's just a thought that crossed my mind about it all but only time will tell.

kajun mulisha
03-29-2013, 10:22 AM
im sad my gamestop isnt doing a midnight release, but a few hours wont kill me. i agree that this game is gonna sneak up and surprise alot of people. until a week ago i hadn't heard of the game but a few small mentions. no real big advertising. but once i saw it i was hooked. as i believe many will be to. its such a nice alternative for people to have against the copy and paste of duty and other games like it.

Ninjamike4
03-29-2013, 12:40 PM
i would be shocked if you were able to play it at all the first day due to server issues and such.. so a midnight release is meh to me...

AwesomeMsPrime
03-29-2013, 12:44 PM

Lucky you, what part of cali are you in? I'm in sacramento and my gamestop isnt having a midnight release :(