PDA

View Full Version : Ever been outside the map?

NinjaofSmoke
07-06-2013, 12:18 PM
I've gone place most people wouldn't even spend their time trying to get to. I've been to 3 disclosed islands that aren't shown on the map as well as a half sunken ship and I even gotten to the bases where you start out at to see where that smoke is coming from. Lastly I recently trecked up on the crashed stratocarrier.

Don't ask detail on how I got to where I've gotten. I just know that these invisible walls are indeed the most formidable foes of any true adventurer. Cramping up in the water if swam out to far is also another foe of mine but I manage to over come them both.

I've seen people get to place where they don't belong, but have you gotten to a place where the game doesn't want you to go?

FlippyCake
07-06-2013, 01:12 PM
I've gone trekking outside of the maps. After a while, I just got teleported. I think they are hiding something, just like Area 51. :)

Stahma Tarr
07-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Yes, sometimes you find something like an island but sometimes you do just get teleported back. I have become very proficient at swimming though (we Casti love bathes, or so I hear).

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
07-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Been there, done that.

Nice way to kill time though isnt it?

Omnifarious Xji
07-06-2013, 04:10 PM
That I have. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYlGkGoLnV8

Also been to the Strato-carrier as well; quite the view.

Nefarious
07-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Sadly there is no reason to trek past a certain point in this game. No reason to even explore the hills of Mount Tam or nitch corners of San Fran. Once you go off road everything is void of life.

Trion should put boxes out and about all over the place. There are plenty of box types with animation for them to open. They could have random loot ranging from all kinds of things.

Would give reason to actually explore.

NinjaofSmoke
07-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Sadly there is no reason to trek past a certain point in this game. No reason to even explore the hills of Mount Tam or nitch corners of San Fran. Once you go off road everything is void of life.

Trion should put boxes out and about all over the place. There are plenty of box types with animation for them to open. They could have random loot ranging from all kinds of things.

Would give reason to actually explore.

Which in term is truly a great idea. only thing we can do that Trion allows us to do is clamber atop of the Pyramid building. Did it, done it, jumped my runner off for a 2160 spin. If more reason was given to truly explore an open world many would venture to places they've never been.

HELL MAMA
07-06-2013, 07:43 PM
i have gone to places where there is not anything but plants and trees. lot of hills to climb just to see how far i could go.

dude26212
07-06-2013, 09:49 PM
once felt the need to see just what was behind that fence on top of the hill by iron demon ranch got to it/ thru it with clever use of decoy teleporation

NinjaofSmoke
07-07-2013, 02:39 AM
once felt the need to see just what was behind that fence on top of the hill by iron demon ranch got to it/ thru it with clever use of decoy teleporation

Nice tactic, I used the invisible wall against itself and jumped it.

Radon
07-07-2013, 06:04 AM
I took my duney (dunee, dunie, dune-ee,...???) up the mountains north of Mine 99, that form the barrier between Madera and Mt Tam. Took it just as high as I could get, eventually it becomes just too steep. Totally void up there, but, the ride down was kinda a rush.

RealHoosier07
07-07-2013, 06:53 AM
I don't get people in this game sometimes. People constantly bash on Trion for not sharing info with us, but there are gamers on this forum that do the same thing. If you have discovered some cool stuff, why wouldn't you want to show people? Anything I've found, I have a blast showing other people. THe fun thing about finding something cool is showing others. I know about the sinking ship(Port Stinson), but I'm not sure how you got ou there because it wouldn't let me near it without teleporting me back on land :)

NinjaofSmoke
07-07-2013, 08:49 AM
The details is far more complex to put it words but much rather better to show. if on the same platform I can show you all the places I've gotten to.

Like to the islands for instance you would need multiple people in your ground. While one is swimming just before he vanishes another person would spawn on his location and continue the process with persons one and three till destination i met, person four stands to be all player extraction point, though best to have an extraction point locations near the islands your trying to get to so the spawn times isn't long and you can jump to the next person.

One for their easier ones to explain, as for just going outside the map. the details are heavily sketchy. that's why I said no details about it. If you understand how invisible walls work you'll know that devs build them to keep players in, and they always have a height limit. Once your over that height you can get there. Hell even your ego powers can help in goals. Decoy and send a dup out somewhere where you normally can't get to and you can self teleport there, Blur can help you gain distance for jumps, and the other two are useless for getting outside the map.

When ever I start a group with new people that one of the first things I show them is to go and venture out there. They seem to have so much fun on the ATVs and jumping off stuff. So it's not like I'm a fresh steaming pile of shtako, I do show people a good time, especially ones whom are new to the game. No one showed me thing I went looking for them on my own when I was new and found them and decided to show other people how to get out there.

RealHoosier07
07-07-2013, 09:32 AM
THats pretty cool Ninja. I didn't realize that stuff could be done. I saw a video of a guy that was WAY WAY up on some pillar/cliff. I'm not sure how he got there or where it was at, but I'd love to know. Good job on the exploring!