PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between weapons with a level and those listed as -- for level?

Kwoung
03-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Title says it all, I couldn't figure it out.

Warspawn
03-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Those listed as " -- " for level are generally quest rewards. No level requirements. Same should be true of our preorder bonus weapons.

And...those " -- " weapons were pretty darn good. Got an SMG reward that was something like 400 damage per shot with a high rate of fire. Quick burst to the head and things went down instantly.

Never tried adding a mod slot to a reward; don't know if you can. I modded lots of weapons and was running out of cash at the end there (3000+ per mod slot added to some wpns--ouch!)

Kwoung
03-26-2013, 01:26 PM
What about mods? Do they have all mod slots available in them? The modding process was pretty confusing, I bought a bunch of mods for my sniper rifle, just to find out none of them would go in the weapon (not sure if the rifle had a level on it or not)

Warspawn
03-26-2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah, modding was confusing to me as well. You had to unequip the weapon, then go to salvage screen, then attempt to add a mod slot with the cash needed and 10min timer to completion.

Some weapons were not mod-able; not sure how / if there's a way to see in weapon description if there is a mod slot available to add, or a slot for a mod you've purchased or picked up.

I did successfully add a mod slot to a pistol, AR, shotgun and sniper rifle. Some I could add a mod slot to if I had the cash available, some had no ability to add a slot to. And the mod slot added seemed to be random; you couldn't pick a barrel mod slot, for example.

xenkai1
03-26-2013, 03:33 PM
I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

First, the "--" weapons are indeed quest rewards. The other weapons (for example: "65") are in relation to an EGO rating, and an overall power rating that follows.

Second, mod slots are identified on the weapon by a small bar with icons on it. If all of the icons are shadowed out, it cannot be modded. If you see one lit up, such as the scope slot, you can mod it. Some weapons will have more than one moddable slot, but early on they are few and far between.

Hope this helps.

13lackRain
03-26-2013, 03:57 PM
I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

First, the "--" weapons are indeed quest rewards. The other weapons (for example: "65") are in relation to an EGO rating, and an overall power rating that follows.

Second, mod slots are identified on the weapon by a small bar with icons on it. If all of the icons are shadowed out, it cannot be modded. If you see one lit up, such as the scope slot, you can mod it. Some weapons will have more than one moddable slot, but early on they are few and far between.

Hope this helps.

To further this... you can use the Salvage Matrix panel to "add mod slots" to many weapons. As stated before, this is not the case with all weapons, as some will simply say "no options". If you can add a mod slot, it gets expensive on your Ark Resources, based on the number of mod slots already on the weapon. The process of adding a slot is random in what slot it produces when completed. I'm sure this is to keep people modding over and over.

I've successfully added all four slots to many weapons, but again, this gets costly.

Also worthy of note is that if you use low-level mods and you want to add higher level mods, you can sometimes (again, some weapons don't seem to allow it) remove mods. This will remove ALL mods from the weapon and mods are lost and occasionally the weapon is lost as well.

Be sure you review your weapons and your mods and use the mods carefully since some can be rare and expensive and if you mess it up, you lose the mods if you want to try and start over.

My suggestion is to buy cheap mods available from the vendor at the Lawkeeper's ranch and play around with mods and modding... then hang onto rare (colored) mods for when you find that special weapon you want to keep for a long time.

Dwane
03-26-2013, 04:32 PM

Tbh, i lvled above 400 rating in beta and weapons were same whole time. 0 or 400 rating, they had almost exact stats (differences were just kind of smaller mag with faster reload, but dmg output wasnt increasing at all). Thats why i dont get it when ppl says its like borderlands - theres seamingly zero weapon progress/update, they were all same ewhole time ( i even had green shotgun with 50 rating with EXACT SAME STATS as orange shotgun rating 350).

akaash
03-26-2013, 04:37 PM
Tbh, i lvled above 400 rating in beta and weapons were same whole time. 0 or 400 rating, they had almost exact stats (differences were just kind of smaller mag with faster reload, but dmg output wasnt increasing at all). Thats why i dont get it when ppl says its like borderlands - theres seamingly zero weapon progress/update, they were all same ewhole time ( i even had green shotgun with 50 rating with EXACT SAME STATS as orange shotgun rating 350).

But this is just a beta youre not going to find a weapon that does 50, 000 dmg when it was only meant to be tested for like a week with no content at all after ~5 hours of play time.

FizzyMyNizzy
03-26-2013, 04:38 PM
EGO
-- means is your starter weapon
1-5000 means the weapon level needed to equip it.

The weapon it self
[--] on a weapons mean no mod.
[icon, scope icon, mag icon, trigger icon, etc.,] those are the mod the weapon could be modded.
Also, lets say you have sniper rifle ABC, the more you use ABC it gain exp to give it more stats to that gun. So if you equip sniper rifle 123, that exp from ABC doesn't transfer over. Weapon to Weapon doesn't transfer. Oh, when that exp bar is full, thats when you see the new stats for the weapon. I could be fire rate, more dmg, bigger aoe, etc.,
BUT
There is Char Weapon usage exp stats also. The more the same type of weapon you, it levels up too. The more you drive your vehicle you get exp for that too. If I remember right, when it levels, you get either, more speed, speed boost, vehicle HP, and vehicle dmg.

Daholic
03-26-2013, 04:40 PM

Apparently the beta have toned down weapons, so while your seeing ego 50 weapons and ego 350 weapon with similiar base stats, somehow, in one week, when released, all the weapons will magically be scaled alot differently where 350 ego weapons actually have a significant damage increase...oh wait..no they wont, because its all about keeping balance in the game. I can see it now, you probably can have 700 ego, and the weapon and armor for that rating and able to do all the content in the game.

Dwane
03-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Apparently the beta have toned down weapons, so while your seeing ego 50 weapons and ego 350 weapon with similiar base stats, somehow, in one week, when released, all the weapons will magically be scaled alot differently where 350 ego weapons actually have a significant damage increase...oh wait..no they wont, because its all about keeping balance in the game. I can see it now, you probably can have 700 ego, and the weapon and armor for that rating and able to do all the content in the game.

But then all weapon drops and rewards are completly useless or fillup for those who dont see that. That little, more likely cosmetic, stat changes could be easily done via matrix.

Cervid
03-26-2013, 07:24 PM
I found out that my issues with inconsistent modding is that you must have that weapon unequipped from all your loadouts to be able to add or remove mods or add mod slots.

You can also find a tutorial on youtube, which I found after the fact.

Komakala
03-26-2013, 11:22 PM
I released a video on youtube that runs through modding weapons. It's a bit long for most people 19 minutes, but I try to cover all the essential requirements. Unfortunately I wasn't able to test removing mods. I can tell you level requirements though,
80 to Remove mods, mods are destroyed you keep weapon.
100 to add new mod slots.
200 or 250 to Retrieve mods, this pulls the mods from the weapon, you keep mods but gun is destroyed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jm_0CsQto4