PDA

View Full Version : PS4 and XBOX 720 plans?

Kroto
03-26-2013, 01:53 PM
How will the launching of these new systems affect the PS3 and 360 owners in the long run? Will there be a version of this game made available for these new systems? We have all seen the trend of what happens when new systems are launched and it usually takes a year before the good stuff gets released on them. So then if PS4 launches this holiday season of 2013 that will mean a lot of the PS3 players will have stopped playing this game in favor of the new system which means this game has about a 1 1/2 year life span before it dwindles. Likewise for 360 owners moving to the new platform.
Is Trion Worlds looking into this situation yet and if so do they possibly have a solution to keep this game alive on the new platforms maybe with account transfers and such to the new systems?

Jardian
03-26-2013, 02:13 PM
In theory and this is all it is the way this game is made should be nothing but Dling the client and swapping the Lic to the new system.

FP x SNUBKILLER
03-26-2013, 02:27 PM
i could careless about the ps4 and the next xbox. i am not getting them at launch because most likely the current consoles will be supported well past the next gen releases. defiance should keep me busy for atleast a year.

Pasha
03-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Instead could be interesting to know about DX11 version of game engine for PC.

Kroto
03-26-2013, 04:37 PM
I would just like to see defiance have a real chance with their players and not lose out to marketing hype over the new systems. I played the beta on pc and xbox and have opted for xbox version due to more friends playing on it so my support is there. Im just hoping Trion has a plan to transition this game to the new systems if they need to.