PDA

View Full Version : To the players who played snipers

Kantazo
03-26-2013, 02:01 PM
I found how to crouch, but couldn't find anything about kneeling or laying on the ground to shoot, do we have those choices or not? Also could be awesome to have some type of camouflage skill, having to stand on the open to shoot someone made me an easy target for upset mobs LOL ;)

Kantazo
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Yes but when you shoot, no more invisible. And takes a long time to recharge. I have got to areas where I find a nice spot on the hills looking down to a camp of mobs and if I could lie down no one would ever see where the shots are coming from.

BleakPanther
03-26-2013, 02:05 PM
You only become visible for around 1 second unless you let the duration run out or take damage.

Choppanob
03-26-2013, 02:05 PM
but must say....that the Decoy EGO is also handy for a sniper.
All the npc's are busy with your decoy and you pop them in the back of there heads *evil grin*

Kantazo
03-26-2013, 02:08 PM
but must say....that the Decoy EGO is also handy for a sniper.
All the npc's are busy with your decoy and you pop them in the back of there heads *evil grin*

Good idea. Thanks

Kantazo
03-26-2013, 02:08 PM
You only become visible for around 1 second unless you let the duration run out or take damage.

Cool nice to know.

Arsenic_Touch
03-26-2013, 02:10 PM
Would've been nice if you could hide in the brush, or prop a weapon between gaps in the environment, but there is no real cover system outside of crouching behind something.

Mur
03-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Cool nice to know.

Shotgun and Sniper rifle are great with cloak since both are single shots.

dreadburn
03-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Yes but when you shoot, no more invisible. And takes a long time to recharge.

I have to disagree with this, I found that when cloaked and I still have time left in cloak, when I fire a shot I re-cloaked fairly fast.
Maybe your are firing towards the end of your cloak so it runs out then?

Mur
03-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Would've been nice if you could hide in the brush, or prop a weapon between gaps in the environment, but there is no real cover system outside of crouching behind something.

Brush provides concealment, the boulders provide cover. Kantazo's original question appeared to be about whether there was a concealment system outside of cloak. There should be. For the clown that got all snippy with Kantazo's original post, there really should be some kind of concealment system. You should be able to shoot an enemy concealed in bushes AND cloak.

Kantazo
03-26-2013, 02:16 PM
I have to disagree with this, I found that when cloaked and I still have time left in cloak, when I fire a shot I re-cloaked fairly fast.
Maybe your are firing towards the end of your cloak so it runs out then?

Maybe that was the problem. I dint pay attention about running out of time on the cloak. I was thinking that when you are going sniper ho (dunnot if that is a word or not, so forgive me) and find that awesome place overlooking the camp where the bad mobs are located could be nice have some kind of sniper position where you could lie down and waste them away.

Valethar
Yes but when you shoot, no more invisible. And takes a long time to recharge. I have got to areas where I find a nice spot on the hills looking down to a camp of mobs and if I could lie down no one would ever see where the shots are coming from.

The problem with that is that once you shoot a couple, they all know where you are, even when you're shooting from behind a rock, etc.. I don't think being able to lie down would help us.

That said, I regularly run with either a sniper/AR or sniper/shotgun and clear roadsides and camps with just those. I rarely ever resort to rocket or grenade launchers. I just slowly walk backward as I'm cycling the bolt action rifle and try to make sure I get as many head shots as possible.

You can even get the punks with the shields if you take the time to aim and get the angle. Either over the lip of the shield and in the top of the head, or tag them in the shoulder of the arm holding the shotgun, which will usually stagger them so you can get a quick head or body shot in. A grenade under their feet also works wonders. :)

thejx4

The enemies will probably spot you. I've only been able to snipe a few without being noticed, as their line of sight seems to be a bit extreme. Anyways, I'm sure Cloak has some perks that makes it better

Choppanob
03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
there are alos ego perks that increases the cloak time if you kill targets etc.
So if it seems short at start.. remember that you can get perks to increase things later on.
And stay as far away as you can if you snipe ...i had the feeling that the Npc's keep missing you alot on far ranges

FizzyMyNizzy
03-26-2013, 02:19 PM

If I recall my cloak game play. You hit cloak, fire once, it cloaks you again, and fire again. Until the duration runs out, you have to wait for it to recharge back to full. You could spec it so it last longer, and recharge faster.

Kantazo
03-26-2013, 02:19 PM
The enemies will probably spot you. I've only been able to snipe a few without being noticed, as their line of sight seems to be a bit extreme. Anyways, I'm sure Cloak has some perks that makes it better

And developing the EGO may result in some other skills, I need to find that skill map again to plan my sniper EGO.

Kantazo
03-26-2013, 02:21 PM
There was a mission I did where I had to go to a camp and there were like 4 machine guns with laser sight that were a pain, I could shoot down the enemy but those stupid turrets kept seeing me. But it was fun, I just didn't know if there were any key command that allowed you to lie down and shoot.

magenti
03-26-2013, 02:22 PM
When mobs run to you they dont do zig zags, so you can easilly pop them in the head. Also upgrade cloak time recharge and duration perks, this way you can cloak every 30 sec for like 15 sec, I think. But I found it quite easy to kill most of the mobs without cloaking, even big mutants. Only annoying guys for sniper are bugs.

KyoKunChan
03-26-2013, 02:23 PM
You Re-Cloak if you still got time left on the Ego.

Ensu
03-26-2013, 02:23 PM
I use Cloak and cover a lot. Cloak for the shot, then dive out of sight until Cloak flicks back on. Also, I crouch in bushes.

Regarding camouflage, we have costumes. Now, I know the Shadow War gave us all the same overalls, but I don't know whether that'll scan to release. Maybe we'll unlock or be able to buy new costumes for pvp which help us blend into certain surroundings. They already exist in pve, but camo of that sort won't fool an npc.

My infiltrator sniper in Planetside 2 has a camo that breaks up his profile, making it much less likely I'll be spotted before my first few shots.

Kantazo
03-26-2013, 02:25 PM
When mobs run to you they dont do zig zags, so you can easilly pop them in the head. Also upgrade cloak time recharge and duration perks, this way you can cloak every 30 sec for like 15 sec, I think. But I found it quite easy to kill most of the mobs without cloaking, even big mutants. Only annoying guys for sniper are bugs.

Except the mobs in the farm those suckers kept moving from side to side, the ones that look like Jamaican or Malaysian warriors with the face painted weird. LOL

dreadburn
03-26-2013, 02:25 PM
Maybe that was the problem. I dint pay attention about running out of time on the cloak. I was thinking that when you are going sniper ho (dunnot if that is a word or not, so forgive me) and find that awesome place overlooking the camp where the bad mobs are located could be nice have some kind of sniper position where you could lie down and waste them away.

Also I found they would still run to the general area I was in but a quick relocation and another headshot would work. Rather trhan shoot and stay in the same local area, keep actively relocating and stealthing where possible.

And I do agree that a cover system even like the person that mentioned hiding in a bush would be nice, similar to the camo system in World of Tanks.

Valethar
03-26-2013, 02:28 PM
There was a mission I did where I had to go to a camp and there were like 4 machine guns with laser sight that were a pain, I could shoot down the enemy but those stupid turrets kept seeing me. But it was fun, I just didn't know if there were any key command that allowed you to lie down and shoot.

Shoot the turrets. You can disable them for short periods, which usually help you close the distance on the generator.

Otis Spunks
03-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Learn the quick scope + overcharge my friend, it is both refreshing and challenging unlike the noobs with the shotgun melee combo. And when you quick scope be sure to teabag any and all who incur your wrath and skill with the sniper.

dreadburn
03-26-2013, 02:55 PM
And developing the EGO may result in some other skills, I need to find that skill map again to plan my sniper EGO.

http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/

Not sure how up to date, but it's something to look at

magenti
03-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Except the mobs in the farm those suckers kept moving from side to side, the ones that look like Jamaican or Malaysian warriors with the face painted weird. LOL

))) Yeah those are annoying! I shoot them first