PDA

View Full Version : Super Sadface, but here's an idea

thejx4
07-08-2013, 07:21 PM
First off, **** this contest. lol, I'm 17 and work 7 days a week, so when I'm not at work...I'm at school. While the school part doesn't apply right now, I work as much as possible to afford a car. So yeah, requiring me to take part in the least interesting activity (IMO) in the game, is a bit annoying. Maybe have a little less grind influenced/time sensitive events in the future? Maybe a PvP tournament or the highest level in the Battle Arena, whatever. We all know it's gonna be Era :P

Anyways, how about...not announcing the winner? I think we're all a bit tired of being told about things and just waiting to see what actually happens, lol. How about you keep the final character a secret, but have images/profiles of the candidates available? I think that would be pretty cool and build up a lot of curiosity and excitement within the community itself.

Also.......why not have 3 winners (PC, 360, PS3), appear in 3 separate episodes and build a mini story arc and have it end in Season 3 or something?

Nefarious
07-08-2013, 07:26 PM
I agree. The heck with this contest and just put my guy in the show. He is awesome. Has a awesome name...Nefarious...just say it..its so cool to say. And he has an awesome scar on his face...how did he get that? Can we say backstory! Mystery? Awesome. And he wears orange.

thejx4
07-08-2013, 07:41 PM
I think it's time for a roleplay thread...anyone interested in starting one?

Wtflag
07-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I agree. The heck with this contest and just put my guy in the show. He is awesome. Has a awesome name...Nefarious...just say it..its so cool to say. And he has an awesome scar on his face...how did he get that? Can we say backstory! Mystery? Awesome. And he wears orange.

Not quite as cool as the name Lucifer. :)

IAmShepard
07-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Commander Shepard needs to be in the show, obviously. He'd show those aliens, get the girl, contract STDs, and still come out better than anyone else.

FlippyCake
07-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Nobody is forcing you to take part in it. It is completely voluntary. I work full time, so I know I don't have a chance against the people who live at home and do nothing but game game game, but that doesn't really bother me.

thejx4
07-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Nobody is forcing you to take part in it. It is completely voluntary. I work full time, so I know I don't have a chance against the people who live at home and do nothing but game game game, but that doesn't really bother me.

Is that really fair?

It's "Play the Game, Join the Show" not "Grind Arkfalls, Join the Show"

My thing is, they can get more creative with it and possibly make it a more attractive competition

ralisti
07-11-2013, 09:20 AM
After the most wanted winner being just a blip on a poster that almost no one saw until it was pointed out during AtB, I am think that the winner of this contest will be a 2 inch tall figure of someone's character on a blurry mantle in the background.

Whatever it is, I am sure Trion will disappoint. That is the only thing they are actually good at.

dbcameron
07-11-2013, 09:31 AM
At this point I'm just competing to finally grind some decent xp. I'm three days in and my eyes are about to bleed hellbugs, I mean really can we have some major arkfalls that are something other than revolting hellbugs? But I have gained over 100 ego levels, maybe I'm not doing too bad.

What I would want is a basic stat board so I could see how I'm doing against the people I'm competing with. I mean this is a marathon right? I have two and a half weeks left, and if I'm so far behind that I have no hope of catching up, I'd like to know, or if I need to slightly readjust my pace to make sure I'm at the top (lol, fat chance but who knows after next week).

It would also give the community something to talk about other then nerfs. We need to see real time results so we can cheer on the people we want to support. Make the meta game part of the competition and all. As much as we know that it's going to be Era ^_^

thejx4
07-11-2013, 03:32 PM
After the most wanted winner being just a blip on a poster that almost no one saw until it was pointed out during AtB, I am think that the winner of this contest will be a 2 inch tall figure of someone's character on a blurry mantle in the background.

Whatever it is, I am sure Trion will disappoint. That is the only thing they are actually good at.

It's already been said that the character will actually be in an episode.

Atticus Batman
07-11-2013, 03:44 PM
I just join the contest for the free AR skill point anyway. They don't mention it, but I've discovered I get a free AR skill in my claim box everytime I join the contest.

ralisti
07-11-2013, 04:15 PM
It's already been said that the character will actually be in an episode.

I am sure they have, but have they said in what way the character will be in the episode. Trion is the master of hype, skirting actually answering any questions, but letting out just enough information for it to be misconstrued.

A tiny figurine of the character in the background on, let us say, a mantle is technically having someones character in the episode.

Like I said before, the only thing Trion has done consistently, often, and seem to be good at, seems to be disappointment.

thejx4
07-11-2013, 04:58 PM
I am sure they have, but have they said in what way the character will be in the episode. Trion is the master of hype, skirting actually answering any questions, but letting out just enough information for it to be misconstrued.

A tiny figurine of the character in the background on, let us say, a mantle is technically having someones character in the episode.

Like I said before, the only thing Trion has done consistently, often, and seem to be good at, seems to be disappointment.

As much as I agree with you

The winner will have his/her character appear on the next season of Defiance the TV show. The writing staff will create the characters back story and give the character an appearance on one of the episodes.