PDA

View Full Version : Free look with Camera?

Plaztic
03-26-2013, 04:59 PM
Is it possible to be able to pan your camera around to get a front view of your character in game? I wasnt able to find a way during the beta. I did notice you could do it in a vehicle...
:confused:

Warlander
03-26-2013, 05:27 PM
no because your camera is linked to your gun.

Corun
03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Not sure about PS3, but watched a gameplay version of Defiance on the XBox and they were able to move the camera to the front so it is possible, and no it is not linked to your gun. That is not how camera mechanics work.

Sadly, it isn't possible however to do so on the PC version. Hopefully the devs change this option for the PC version in the near future.

Plaztic
03-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Sadly, it isn't possible however to do so on the PC version. Hopefully the devs change this option for the PC version in the near future.

I hope so, certainly would make taking in-game screen shots easier... Either a key to press to switch the camera into free look so you can pan around, or a key to press look behind your character in 3rd person.

EdgeTW
03-27-2013, 07:50 AM
no because your camera is linked to your gun.

I don't think he's expecting to aim+fire while looking in other directions like you do in a few games (e.g. ARMA). Just the ability to pan his camera around his avatar to get a good look at it. That's simple enough to do (almost all MMOs allow it). The setup would be something like normal mouse movement = aim, but mouse movement + designated key held down = freelook.

Quirky
03-27-2013, 07:55 AM
I don't think he's expecting to aim+fire while looking in other directions like you do in a few games (e.g. ARMA). Just the ability to pan his camera around his avatar to get a good look at it. That's simple enough to do (almost all MMOs allow it). The setup would be something like normal mouse movement = aim, but mouse movement + designated key held down = freelook.

Needs to be done, its one of the things I love about ARMA. For an Shooter being able to turn your head would be very very useful.

Azydom
03-27-2013, 08:26 AM
u can pan around iff u on your mount