PDA

View Full Version : Congrats defiance team you have done the impossible

XGC Cipher
07-09-2013, 02:27 AM
First off I'd like to offer congratulations anyone who is level 5000 your persistence is noted

let me start by saying that I've been playing this game from since it came out I shelved the game in the end of may after the firings, the pointless nerfs the destabilized pve so they could make pvp more balanced, so I took a break watched the show and let the game sit a month and a half...

Here I am all of my equipment has been dialed back to the point where I can get spanked by a single volge if I don continuously bob and weave, the dlc everyone was waiting on pushed back again no surprise there

Now I'm burdened with a question am I going to be getting dlc for my 360 game after Xbox One comes out or am going to have to shell out cash for a Xbox One disc and a little gaming voodoo?

Congrats defiance team you've what was thought impossible:the opposite of progress to take the game where it needed to be.

See you in another month defiance

A/N : a little opinion piece I'm writing for my gaming community, thoughts?

Grymms
07-09-2013, 02:47 AM
I think I got the Trion company motto.

"We can ruin anything, watch is work our magic"

Youkai Risu
07-09-2013, 02:55 AM
Trion, the company that tried so hard at failing.

The Oncoming Storm
07-09-2013, 03:04 AM
*sigh*
yeah, unfortunately...

wolveen
07-09-2013, 05:40 AM
pve so they could make pvp more balanced

Why oh why does EVERY MMO have to do this? I understand they want to cater to both the people who want to PvP but why ruin the entire game for EVERYONE else?
I have always suggested that they keep PvP on a separate server with its own separate nerfs and 'balances'.
There are far better games that offer PvP (CoD, BF, AAO, WoT, etc) , why does every MMO think they need it?

See you in another month defiance

I'm in the same boat, its hard for me to log in, I have not logged in, in several months.
Seems one disappointment after another, what a shame :(

XGC Cipher
07-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Wow this is how far it has gone nobody left to insult me and tell me I'm wrong

KTCAOP
07-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Why oh why does EVERY MMO have to do this? I understand they want to cater to both the people who want to PvP but why ruin the entire game for EVERYONE else?
I have always suggested that they keep PvP on a separate server with its own separate nerfs and 'balances'.
There are far better games that offer PvP (CoD, BF, AAO, WoT, etc) , why does every MMO think they need it?

The main reason is because of a lack of end-game content. At the end of the day, there is only so much that the developers can do to add content an any new content usually is completed at a far faster rate than which they are developed. Because of this, the ultimate challenge will become either a complete social/grindfest or have PvP since PvP is extremely dynamic and each time generally is highly variable considering that most people are not completely identical in their playstyles

MartyrMarcus
07-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Here I am all of my equipment has been dialed back to the point where I can get spanked by a single volge if I don continuously bob and weave, the dlc everyone was waiting on pushed back again no surprise there

Everything else aside, I think you've missed the point of the Volge. They're a fearless race bread for warfare. They are planet destroyers, thats why the Votans tried to leave them behind when they left on the Arks.

They're not supposed to go down when you look at them, they should stand there take your entire stock pile of bullets and keep coming.

XGC Cipher
07-09-2013, 05:16 PM
No I got the point from the tv show they didn't have shields and careful shots could drop them instead the game makes them tanks that are tough to solo agianst

IGears
07-09-2013, 05:24 PM
No I got the point from the tv show they didn't have shields and careful shots could drop them instead the game makes them tanks that are tough to solo agianst

and they had old weapons as well... we have the latest "VBI approved" weapons and we cant even kill Mutants as fast as they can kill the Volge on the show.

A Frikn Grizzly
07-09-2013, 05:44 PM
the dlc everyone was waiting on pushed back again no surprise there

are you talking about late july, or did they push it back again????

IAmShepard
07-09-2013, 06:17 PM

Only they aren't really tough to solo against. They're attacks are predictable, and at the most the just try and run up to you and face **** you. Only thing that is different is they do more damage, and they don't miss. Other then that, they are easy.

Everything else, I agree with.

RealHoosier07
07-09-2013, 06:46 PM

Maybe you just don't like a challenge. I love the fact that I have to fight and think very strategically when fighting the Volge solo. It's what makes a game satisfying. Yes, the Volge can kill you, but I just don't see how anyone would complain about that. I've been waiting on this game to give me some sort of challenge. Having said that, I think you are making the VOlge out to be unbeatable, but I and many many others have beaten Volge emergencies solo lots of times. You just have to use your surroundings, check your perk loadout for the best options, and come up with a strategy. I don't get how this is a bad thing. Thats the type of thing we've all been waiting for since launch. I only hope it gets MORE challenging than the VOlge, because once you figure them out, they aren't invincible. Hard, but not unbeatable. Bring on the difficulty Trion!

Nolas
07-09-2013, 08:31 PM
I've been soloing the Volge all weekend. The first few times I tried it I died quite a few times... more like a dozen. lol After killing the different types I picked up on there telegraphs and learned to use the environment to my benefit. You also can't expect to beat them with 100% offensive perks equipped. I love the Volge... DO NOT CHANGE THEM!!!!

Avatars name is Tonk 1400ish ego with almost all defensive perks slotted. I've been leveling AR and bolt action rifle off them. I don't even use a spanner to heal myself. They aren't hard people, you just can't stand in the open and face roll them.

Iceberg
07-09-2013, 08:42 PM
I've been soloing the Volge all weekend. The first few times I tried it I died quite a few times... more like a dozen. lol After killing the different types I picked up on there telegraphs and learned to use the environment to my benefit. You also can't expect to beat them with 100% offensive perks equipped. I love the Volge... DO NOT CHANGE THEM!!!!

Avatars name is Tonk 1400ish ego with almost all defensive perks slotted. I've been leveling AR and bolt action rifle off them. I don't even use a spanner to heal myself. They aren't hard people, you just can't stand in the open and face roll them.

Defensive perks and a wolfhound I can solo them pretty decently. A few times with 3 troopers I get knocked down, but a little self revive doesn't hurt every now and then. I agree, volge are good as they are. No nerfs or buffs needed.

Elric1
07-09-2013, 08:58 PM

I'm in the same boat, its hard for me to log in, I have not logged in, in several months.
Seems one disappointment after another, what a shame :(

What I find said is it's all stats. I mean it's easy. 1. You have to be in a safe zone to go pvp in the first place. 2. Going Pvp enabled give players bonuses and perks unique for pvpers and these stats ONLY work when pvp enabled. So instead of nerfing boosting weapons you nerf/boost players in pvp mode.

It works and it's easy. How the hell people miss this I have no idea...

Sethvirfireborn
07-10-2013, 01:56 AM
The Volge are not that hard. They are just tougher Dark Matter for me.

And the description from someone earlier about them is pretty accurate from the lore that has came out about them so far. Sure some got taken down in the show with pissy weapons, but did they stop and retreat? No they filled the gap with more Volge and kept shooting and advancing. Pretty much what they do in the game. And of course they had to be killed in the show. I haven't seen any human or votan in the show with shields, or take as many bullets as a Raider does. The translation to the game will always be that the game appears harder then anything on the show.

I enjoy the Volge, it is just people's tactics they use for other enemies do not work. But it is still amusing seeing someone walk in a perfect straight line backwards shooting expecting the Volge to ease up, instead they start sprinting. Always hilarious to watch

crasher
07-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Maybe you just don't like a challenge. I love the fact that I have to fight and think very strategically when fighting the Volge solo. It's what makes a game satisfying. Yes, the Volge can kill you, but I just don't see how anyone would complain about that. I've been waiting on this game to give me some sort of challenge. Having said that, I think you are making the VOlge out to be unbeatable, but I and many many others have beaten Volge emergencies solo lots of times. You just have to use your surroundings, check your perk loadout for the best options, and come up with a strategy. I don't get how this is a bad thing. Thats the type of thing we've all been waiting for since launch. I only hope it gets MORE challenging than the VOlge, because once you figure them out, they aren't invincible. Hard, but not unbeatable. Bring on the difficulty Trion!

Read the new patch notes.
The game is about to get as challenging as Go-Fish.
And when's is the last time you bothered to play THAT?

KTCAOP
07-10-2013, 02:10 AM
Read the new patch notes.
The game is about to get as challenging as Go-Fish.
And when's is the last time you bothered to play THAT?

I have actually yet to win a game of Go-Fish...

Tyrannos
07-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!