PDA

View Full Version : Defiance release date

bouncy
03-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Hi all

Im from australia and just found out over here the release has been pushed back to the 11th of april. I was wondering if the releases date was still the 2nd in america because if so I will order from there so I have it by the weekend rather then waiting lol

Altreas
03-26-2013, 05:35 PM
I havent heard that it had been pushed back

DarkShadowMark
03-26-2013, 05:37 PM
It's been pushed back to may.

Altreas
03-26-2013, 05:39 PM
Where did you hear that Dark?

Tibbs
03-26-2013, 05:39 PM
It's been pushed back to may.

You like living dangerously don't you?? Lol

DarkShadowMark
03-26-2013, 05:50 PM
You like living dangerously don't you?? Lol

YES I DO! *wielding angry cat launcher*

Altreas
03-26-2013, 05:52 PM
OK Mayor West lol

OcelotKharn
03-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Worldwide release still 2nd April according to Twitter

DEFIANCEGame ‏@DefianceGame 6h
7 days until @DefianceGame Launch! Are your ready to Join the Fight #DefianceGame

bouncy
03-26-2013, 05:58 PM
Here in australia the game shop told me that they got an email last friday saying the release date was now the 11th. I was wondering if its the same in america as I cant find anything on the web. But yeh in australia the release has deffas changed

OcelotKharn
03-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Here in australia the game shop told me that they got an email last friday saying the release date was now the 11th. I was wondering if its the same in america as I cant find anything on the web. Would prefer to order it from there and have a weekend sesh rather then waiting another week for it here.

Its not a change in release date its just that for some silly reason namco bandai are terrible at issuing games to retailers in Aus and New Zealand

bouncy
03-26-2013, 06:04 PM
Ahhh fair enough, I was just goin off what I was told lol guess I wipl just order it from america and have it expressed then :) Thanks

Enigma
03-26-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm from Aus, haven't heard anything about it getting pushed back, as far as I know it's getting released around the 2nd - 3rd of April for us.

bouncy
03-26-2013, 06:09 PM
I'm from Aus, haven't heard anything about it getting pushed back, as far as I know it's getting released around the 2nd - 3rd of April for us.

I called EB because the dates on their websit and JBs website werent the 2nd. They said it had changed and that they received an email with an amended release date. Check with your local but I am pretty sure they changed the date on the site as well

Enigma
03-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Just stopped by my local, seems they failed to tell anyone about this. Curse those devils!

bouncy
03-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Yeh I just called to check and wham day ruined lol looks like amazon will be getting my money now not EB

Buruko
03-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Well if you go on the Xbox and look at the IGN app it says April 22nd, I saw one article say the 15th (show date), and one state that it had no release date. So yea, some folks just aren't doing their home work.

bouncy
03-26-2013, 06:45 PM
Well if you go on the Xbox and look at the IGN app it says April 22nd, I saw one article say the 15th (show date), and one state that it had no release date. So yea, some folks just aren't doing their home work.

Twitter site clearly states in 7 days and its a global release date. They announced that, are aussie players gonna get a discount if they pre ordered the game. Its not really fair that we were told a date and then told we arent getting it for an extra week now but everyone else is

OcelotKharn
03-27-2013, 03:15 AM

Afraid to tell you thats the TV series not the game, It was officially announced yesterday on twitter with 7 days until release as I previously stated

Nomad N7
03-27-2013, 03:45 AM
Are you sure Defiance will work on your PAL X360?

OcelotKharn
03-27-2013, 03:49 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/PAL-NTSC-SECAM.svg

Enough said if anyone was unsure

Impietas
03-27-2013, 03:54 AM
I just had a look at JB Hi-Fi's online store and it's now saying the 30th of April for release....just the other day my wife ordered the copy for me and she was told the 4th.... Not amused at all.

money shot
03-27-2013, 04:29 AM
"^^" lol unlucky you

Tzar of kaos
03-27-2013, 05:12 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0d/PAL-NTSC-SECAM.svg

Enough said if anyone was unsure

Secam in France?? We don't use that anymore...We are in PAL,we use secam during the VHS era. :)

MagellanD
03-27-2013, 05:56 AM
GameStop 4/2/2013 (http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-defiance,28zu0)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/08702e6b8aa53ac28c2c2d5cb7d94b85/tumblr_mj0oa1qM0o1re204ao1_500.gif

Agentneil
03-31-2013, 08:47 PM
I just talked to trion customer support, and they said april second for Australian retailers as well, and that we should trust trion over clerks...

Mahemium
04-01-2013, 04:17 PM
I just talked to trion customer support, and they said april second for Australian retailers as well, and that we should trust trion over clerks...

Well it's the 2nd today and I just got off the phone to my local EB. Apparently we SHOULD trust clerks over trion, because it's not out today and is, indeed, not coming out until the 11th.

Global release my ***.

XDarkPhoenixX
04-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Well it's the 2nd today and I just got off the phone to my local EB. Apparently we SHOULD trust clerks over trion, because it's not out today and is, indeed, not coming out until the 11th.

Global release my ***.

+1
It is currently 10:40 am 2/04/2013 and NO DEFIANCE. If I was getting it for PC (Steam) maybe, then I could download it through the Trion/defiance website and play with everyone else. (US and EU servers are both UP)

But anyone getting PS3 and Xbox 360 locally in Australia have to wait until the 11th. Jb Hi Fi and EB Games Physically haven't gotten any copies and wont until the 11th, until further notice. According to the stores I have contacted AND EB games customer support.

Eb Support are the only ones who knew defiance was releasing on the 2nd everywhere else, stores think its the 11th everywhere.

Makes me wish I had given my money to Europe or Asia, so I could play today, Especially with no Australian server.

This game is NOT a global release. Trion really needs to twitter update this.

Agentneil
04-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Talked to EB games round the road, convinced them to sell me the game they day they get it in, should be before the 11th, but still, it sucks

bouncy77
04-02-2013, 11:53 PM
+1
It is currently 10:40 am 2/04/2013 and NO DEFIANCE. If I was getting it for PC (Steam) maybe, then I could download it through the Trion/defiance website and play with everyone else. (US and EU servers are both UP)

But anyone getting PS3 and Xbox 360 locally in Australia have to wait until the 11th. Jb Hi Fi and EB Games Physically haven't gotten any copies and wont until the 11th, until further notice. According to the stores I have contacted AND EB games customer support.

Eb Support are the only ones who knew defiance was releasing on the 2nd everywhere else, stores think its the 11th everywhere.

Makes me wish I had given my money to Europe or Asia, so I could play today, Especially with no Australian server.

This game is NOT a global release. Trion really needs to twitter update this.

i emailed TRION about it and this is what they emailed me back

Hello Drew,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

In regards to your order being delayed, I have researched this on our end and I was not able to find any shipping delays from us to any EB Game retailers. It is possible that they do not have enough of the product in stock in order to fulfill all of the orders that they received and as such you'll likely need to wait until April 11th as they indicated before you will get your copy of the game. As a gamer myself, I do understand the frustration of wanting something and then getting this message and I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause for you. Regrettably though this isn't something that Trion did and I can't speak to the business practices of your retails in Australia to know if it is something that they did.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is 130401-000622.

Sincerely,

GM Rykurrun
Trion Worlds Inc.

also i ordered mine from the UK and it will be here at by the 8th :) a little early then the rest of aus

Mahemium
04-02-2013, 11:55 PM
It's good in a way, as many of the current issues will be ironed out by the time we get it.

XDarkPhoenixX
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Trion really needs to sort out their information. This isn't some local supply issue. NO ONE in Australia can get defiance locally on xbox and ps3 from anywhere. This isn't the fault of EB games or JBHiFi or any other store, no store has it and no one has received it from a local store. (online orders from different countries are different obviously)

Trion Customer support basically tried to shift blame to EVERY single store in Australia for not having defiance.
My friend is a store manager for Jbhifi in QLD and the don't have Defiance in any quantity and haven't sold any (Because there is nothing to sell). This isn't some, 'some people have it but some people have to wait due to supply', problem.. no one has received a copy from their local stores, because Aus doesn't have it...

Trion needs to get there act together, take responsibility and explain why they, or whoever they contracted, isn't shipping to Australia yet.

Sethvirfireborn
04-06-2013, 07:26 PM
I spoke to a friend who is a manager of the EB games near me. He was waiting for the game himself and realised it had not came in and started the process of following it up. What he found out was that it is a shipping issue, it has not arrived in Australia yet, though of course you can still digital purchase or get from overseas. The release date was pushed back in Australia to compensate this.

But the reason was, the ship is delayed by a week. Still pretty poor that there has not been anything said about it or that we have not been told anything...