PDA

View Full Version : I feel very sorry for the people who haven't watched the tv show yet :/ *SPOILERS*

ElektraFaith
07-09-2013, 02:12 PM
Because if they haven't watched the tv show yet and they have accounts on here, they are gonna be rather disappointed considering the number of posts that are show spoilers and it's not even like these thread's have *Show Spoiler* in the title, and some of the titles are even massive spoilers such as *OMG Datak Tarr is Mayor*

Oh and Fyi what happened to Datak Tarr after he killed the colonel because I missed it or they didn't show what happened to him and Stahma?

Anyway but the Datak Tarr question is serious lol, but you guys get the point. I hate spoilers and I'm sure others do, So just be considerate if you've watched the show.:p

Scooter__Johnson
07-09-2013, 02:16 PM
just a quick question

why is the show so different compared to the game

rev
07-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Only that he's planning on leaving Defiance...and since the e-rep took over it doesn't matter anyway. Next season will be interesting. That said it really sucks it's 11 months away.

ElektraFaith
07-09-2013, 02:19 PM
just a quick question

I honestly don't know why, the tv show is great and awesome & the game is dull. :/

This is a link to a post that I made concerning things that should be included and asking the very same question you just asked me theirs lots of responses and views on the thread are still climbing :) http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?104875-The-game-looks-nothing-like-the-Tv-show.

Dave Blackwell
07-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Because if they haven't watched the tv show yet and they have accounts on here, they are gonna be rather disappointed considering the number of posts that are show spoilers and it's not even like these thread's have *Show Spoiler* in the title, and some of the titles are even massive spoilers such as *OMG Datak Tarr is Mayor*

Oh and Fyi what happened to Datak Tarr after he killed the colonel because I missed it or they didn't show what happened to him and Stahma?

Anyway but the Datak Tarr question is serious lol, but you guys get the point. I hate spoilers and I'm sure others do, So just be considerate if you've watched the show.:p

This comment will have spoilers; please do not read if you haven't watched.

I had came across the thread I think you're referencing, it wasn't as much as a spoiler as I expected although at the same time I had a theory it would have probably happened as well. What I had done after I read that short sentence that he was I quickly went back to the main forum page. I may have most of my theories proven right when it comes to this show but I don't enjoy finding out through hearsay, it's much more enjoyable having watched the related episode.

Nothing else was shown after the scene with Datak or Stahma when he killed the Colonel, which set me off on the theory spree that you're about to read.

I suspect that Datak and his wife are either A) Dead or B) Taken as POW's. If you've kept on top of all the episodes you will be aware that Dr. Yewll was part of the secret war that the indogenes were waging against earth and that they were working together with the former mayor Nicky and Birch who I think may (?) have been indogenes as well. I haven't figured out why exactly they were looking for those artifacts, yet. But I suspect it had something to do with destroying the earth or at least having something to do with the war that I mentioned.

Why do I think they may be dead? Well, Datak had killed the Colonel while the rest of his troops were waiting for him downstairs and how that scene panned out, well.. I'm assuming that they kicked the doors in and the SHTF, that pretty much leads on to the obvious.

I tell you what though; these cliffhangers in the last few episodes have had me on the edge of my seat almost yelling at the end of them. In my opinion, they've nailed them pretty well. I'm still trying to figure out how Nolan is back from the dead (The scene were he died was unexpected) and where exactly Irisa has gone; so many theories so little time..

What does the E rep have to do with Defiance (the town) as well and how will that influence the next season? Gah, I'm just going to stop here before I dig myself into a hole of possibilities.

ElektraFaith
07-09-2013, 03:54 PM

I had came across the thread I think you're referencing, it wasn't as much as a spoiler as I expected although at the same time I had a theory it would have probably happened as well. What I had done after I read that short sentence that he was I quickly went back to the main forum page. I may have most of my theories proven right when it comes to this show but I don't enjoy finding out through hearsay, it's much more enjoyable having watched the related episode.

Nothing else was shown after the scene with Datak or Stahma when he killed the Colonel, which set me off on the theory spree that you're about to read.

I suspect that Datak and his wife are either A) Dead or B) Taken as POW's. If you've kept on top of all the episodes you will be aware that Dr. Yewll was part of the secret war that the indogenes were waging against earth and that they were working together with the former mayor Nicky and Birch who I think may (?) have been indogenes as well. I haven't figured out why exactly they were looking for those artifacts, yet. But I suspect it had something to do with destroying the earth or at least having something to do with the war that I mentioned.

Why do I think they may be dead? Well, Datak had killed the Colonel while the rest of his troops were waiting for him downstairs and how that scene panned out, well.. I'm assuming that they kicked the doors in and the SHTF, that pretty much leads on to the obvious.

I tell you what though; these cliffhangers in the last few episodes have had me on the edge of my seat almost yelling at the end of them. In my opinion, they've nailed them pretty well. I'm still trying to figure out how Nolan is back from the dead (The scene were he died was unexpected) and where exactly Irisa has gone; so many theories so little time..

What does the E rep have to do with Defiance (the town) as well and how will that influence the next season? Gah, I'm just going to stop here before I dig myself into a hole of possibilities.

I love some of the theories for sure, I sure hope Datak is dead but I like Stahma and hope she survives she is one of my favorite characters and I would love to see her in the game :) hopefully when they introduce the casithian story line you get to go to defiance and use it as permanent social hub and also complete the Casithian story line :)

Dave Blackwell
07-09-2013, 04:12 PM
I love some of the theories for sure, I sure hope Datak is dead but I like Stahma and hope she survives she is one of my favorite characters and I would love to see her in the game :) hopefully when they introduce the castihan story line you get to go to defiance and use it as permanent social hub and also complete the Casithian story line :)

Theories are fun, that's for sure - but when there's so many that's when the fun slowly starts to drain away from them. But I still find myself coming back for more haha. As nothing was shown after the scene where Datak killed the Colonel there's quite a few possibilities that are viable. They could have ran out the back door, so to speak, and gone into hiding - therefore allowing them to be alive which would bring them into the second season somehow. They may be either dead or have been taken as POW's, if you remember how the colonel, the interrogator and such treated Dr. Yewll it was almost as if they considered the votans as their enemy which would suggest that they may still be in that 'war mindset' which would justify taking them as POW's.

I haven't heard much of a castithan storyline, but it would be interesting to see if there is one. In regards to the town Defiance, the end of the finale points in every direction that Defiance should be in game some time before the second season hits, but even if this is true (just another theory based off the finale - not solid proof) I'm guessing that it wouldn't be added to the game for a while. It would involve a lot of detail if it's to live up to the standard of the one that was in the show. Having that town become the social hub would not only be a good move to promote a bit of open space to explore (the wilderness that's been shown from time to time on the show that surrounds it) but even the town itself is almost iconic to the whole universe due to the show focusing on it for the majority of the series.

So many theories are starting to bubble in my head; the possibilities of an uprising against the E rep essentially seizing control of Defiance by the citizens is starting to rise as well. This series has definitely caught my attention, that's for sure - Hm. Never thought I'd find myself in this position. Well played, SyFy and Trion.. well played.

ElektraFaith
07-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Theories are fun, that's for sure - but when there's so many that's when the fun slowly starts to drain away from them. But I still find myself coming back for more haha. As nothing was shown after the scene where Datak killed the Colonel there's quite a few possibilities that are viable. They could have ran out the back door, so to speak, and gone into hiding - therefore allowing them to be alive which would bring them into the second season somehow. They may be either dead or have been taken as POW's, if you remember how the colonel, the interrogator and such treated Dr. Yewll it was almost as if they considered the votans as their enemy which would suggest that they may still be in that 'war mindset' which would justify taking them as POW's.

I haven't heard much of a castithan storyline, but it would be interesting to see if there is one. In regards to the town Defiance, the end of the finale points in every direction that Defiance should be in game some time before the second season hits, but even if this is true (just another theory based of the finale - not solid proof) I'm guessing that it wouldn't be added to the game for a while. It would involve a lot of detail if it's to live up to the standard of the one that was in the show. Having that town become the social hub would not only be a good move to promote a bit of open space to explore (the wilderness that's been shown from time to time on the show that surrounds it) but even the town itself is almost iconic to the whole universe due to the show focusing on it for the majority of the series.

So many theories are starting to bubble in my head; the possibilities of an uprising against the E rep essentially seizing control of Defiance by the citizens is starting to rise as well. This series has definitely caught my attention, that's for sure - Hm. Never thought I'd find myself in this position. Well played, SyFy and Trion.. well played.

Here I made an official post of a castithian story line and how it could be incorporated into defiance so that the players can use the St-Louis town aka (the city from the show) as a main social hub :)

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?105515-Casitithian-Story-line-and-how-it-could-tie-into-the-Defiance-world-we-play-in!

KTCAOP
07-09-2013, 04:16 PM
I live in California and so yeah, I saw a lot of things on this forum before it aired at my house and for the people that stream online that can't watch it on T.V. it is really, really annoying to have some spoilers around.

It's going to be a year away, but I was told that sometimes there was a thread on discussion of the new episode when it aired, that probably would've been nice, but even before I the show I knew that nolan died, etc.

Indeed, quite annoying, but these people did have some sense of humor at least given that...

Also,

I'm guessing the tag doesn't work?

ElektraFaith
07-09-2013, 04:23 PM
I live in California and so yeah, I saw a lot of things on this forum before it aired at my house and for the people that stream online that can't watch it on T.V. it is really, really annoying to have some spoilers around.

It's going to be a year away, but I was told that sometimes there was a thread on discussion of the new episode when it aired, that probably would've been nice, but even before I the show I knew that nolan died, etc.

Indeed, quite annoying, but these people did have some sense of humor at least given that...

Also,

I'm guessing the tag doesn't work?

Lol yeah I guess not aha :/ but at least Nolan magically came back to life :)

KTCAOP
07-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Spoiler! D=

Just kidding ^_^. But yeah =P. That's why I said that people had a lot of good humor about it =P.

IAmShepard
07-09-2013, 05:14 PM
I tend to avoid the forums untill after the episode airs.

brandileigh
07-09-2013, 05:31 PM
I spoiled myself by going to the forums and my husband just pointed and laughed and said "That's what you get for going to the forums".

Yes it would be nice if there were spoilers tag but really you've got no one to blame but yourself if you can't stay away.

I would assume the Tarr's escape somehow or pay a visit to the game, it just would make perfect sense if they popped up here on the off season.

Indra Echo
07-09-2013, 05:42 PM
It's very likely it's a work in progress. It's possible the Tarr's could find a way to blame someone else for what happened to the Colonel. There's also the question of who really ends up dead-did Stahma kill Kenya (seems likely) but what effect did Irisa's actions have on all of this-they brought Nolan back but is he the only one?

ElektraFaith
07-09-2013, 05:45 PM
It's very likely it's a work in progress. It's possible the Tarr's could find a way to blame someone else for what happened to the Colonel. There's also the question of who really ends up dead-did Stahma kill Kenya (seems likely) but what effect did Irisa's actions have on all of this-they brought Nolan back but is he the only one?

I don't think kenya's dead simply because Stahma sat their and said something a long the lines of sleep now my darling or something I can't remember but I hope she isn't and I really hope Stahma gets away and is in season 2 she is one of my favorite characters and I really feel like we have only seen the tip of the ice berg for Stahma, I feel as if she is a very dangerous and a intriguing castithian :)

Veddan
07-09-2013, 06:23 PM
I sure hope Datak is dead but I like Stahma

The guy who plays Datak does a masterful job, and without Datak, Stahma wouldn't be so interesting. I hope they're both around next season.

IAmShepard
07-09-2013, 06:29 PM
The guy who plays Datak does a masterful job, and without Datak, Stahma wouldn't be so interesting. I hope they're both around next season.

Tony Curran does a masterful job in just able any role he plays.

He was an ******* as Marcus in the Underworld series as well.

Thunderclap
07-09-2013, 06:58 PM
I honestly don't know why, the tv show is great and awesome & the game is dull. :/

This is a link to a post that I made concerning things that should be included and asking the very same question you just asked me theirs lots of responses and views on the thread are still climbing :) http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?104875-The-game-looks-nothing-like-the-Tv-show.

Thats because the game that was supposed to match the show was never built. We got instead this COD hybrid where the focus is on shooting and PvP rather than character building. The show was supposed to have an MMORPG with it where one shotting monsters was justified. Where interaction with characters was common as was community and team building. We didn't get that and won't. So the game will continue to suck and the show won't (in your opinion. Mine is the both suck. The game sucks less because with all its flaws, its viable. The show is just a bad space opera with a untenable plot and hook)

Sanguinesun
07-09-2013, 07:06 PM
just a quick question

There are a ton of reasons but it mainly boils down to 2 different budgets, sets of writers, fx, and the ability to sever more cleaning one from the other in the event of one becoming more toxic.

ElektraFaith
07-09-2013, 07:16 PM

I totally agree he is an amazing actor, and I loved him in the underworld movies as he played one of the elders right?, and he got awoke by one of the lycan scientists that victor killed above his tomb in the ground right and the blood went in and woke him back up?, anyway totally off subject lol, but yes I love his part he plays in defiance but I just feel like he stops stahma from becoming something more then just the good little house wife and when she was pushed to her limits in the season finale she was showed poisoning her lover like they could do some really good stuff with her story line :) and actually I don't mind if Datak does survive :)

Aeothena
07-10-2013, 02:35 AM

I suspect that Datak and his wife are either A) Dead or B) Taken as POW's.

We did see the same episode, right? Yes, I saw it. As I hate the show I did however think watching the ending might bring some fun into the game. But noo, nothing new in game other than a patch (1.023) that wasn't announced..

I don't think kenya's dead simply because Stahma sat their and said something a long the lines of sleep now my darling or something I can't remember but I hope she isn't and I really hope Stahma gets away and is in season 2 she is one of my favorite characters and I really feel like we have only seen the tip of the ice berg for Stahma, I feel as if she is a very dangerous and a intriguing castithian :)

She did appear after Datak got “cought” killing the E-rap. And I don’t have the exact quote, but it was like you said, “Sleep now my darling, I’ll take care of you”… So, this far NOONE of the main characters is confirmed killed in the last episode..

ElektraFaith
07-10-2013, 03:34 AM
We did see the same episode, right? Yes, I saw it. As I hate the show I did however think watching the ending might bring some fun into the game. But noo, nothing new in game other than a patch (1.023) that wasn't announced..

She did appear after Datak got “cought” killing the E-rap. And I don’t have the exact quote, but it was like you said, “Sleep now my darling, I’ll take care of you”… So, this far NOONE of the main characters is confirmed killed in the last episode..

I totally agree :)

Fyobl
07-10-2013, 04:34 AM

Its a very bum clinching cliff hanger!

Martin
07-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Well, according to this weeks SD Comic Con panel with the cast we can infer a few things about Season 2:

Kenya is probably dead, the actress playing her was not in the panel and references by Jaime Murray made it seem she was indeed dead.
Datak is in Season 2. Tony Curran was on the panel and made references to how his character might change in Season 2.
Sukar will be back(!) The producers and cast liked his character so much they decided to not have him die and said he'll make more appearances next season.

Except for the first item, I'm personally happy about all of these things.

KeevanSixx
07-19-2013, 09:22 PM
(spoiler) shhhh.....we're hunting carrots.

e-rep took over defiance to get their hands on what was in the cave, that's the main goal. netting the town for the e-rep was just icing on the cake. arisa is not dead....more like.....dr who atm.

and there is a real possibility that Kenya is not dead, merely being stashed somewhere out of sight....stamha may be a cold hearted haint, but she did care about Kenya, and Kenya already had a plan to stash stahma out in a husk of a former stratocarrier in the badlands....wouldn't surprise me, if that's where Sthama keeps Kenya. always nice to keep a pet, ain't it.

Nolan goes black ops rouge looking for arisa, probably teams up with Stukar since both he and arisa have ties to VI's...it's possible for stukar to "sense" when arisa is near.

Amanda ends up double dealing with the e-rep while trying to organize some sort of resistance under their noses.

tommy pines for arisa, while helping Amanda in her resistance endeavors.

Raife watches as his life's work is taken over by the e-rep, and his miners are forced to work the gulanite for the empire.

Datak and sthama are imprisoned for crimes against the earth republic by house arrest to keep the local votans in line with e-rep policies and martial law.

Christie and alex's marriage is strained, romeo and Juliet style with troubles coming from both humans, e-rep, and other votans.

and they will introduce some new e-rep toadie to run the town, while the carp hits the fan

we don't know the fate of black Jonah other than he was shot, quite possible for him to recover and go after Nolan, Kahn style.

meanwhile, in game, we're stuck chasing after carrots on sticks when season two starts.....

did I miss anything?

ten4
07-20-2013, 02:22 AM
You know what I want...back story.

Need time dedicated to explaining what happened to make the Votans seek out earth, what happened to their home world/what was last days like, how the heck a giant space fleet gets destroyed with primitive tech compared to Votans, what happened to spark the war and terra forming incident, what happened in the pale wars, and how did the Battle for Defiance happen. All this is hinted but I feel it needs to be explained in show, not on some wiki.

So many things totally left unexplained.

And then there's many inconsitancies between game and show. On west coast in game, E-rep is the good guys yet in the show they are an evil fascist group who uses extreme violence and not shy of seeking out weapons that can wipe out entire populations. Then in the game the entire west coast is literally a perpetual warzone....St. Louis send help? lol. Also VBI plays a large part in the game with it's ego tech yet no mention of it in the show at all. There is even more.

Gomly
07-20-2013, 03:52 AM
I wouldn't feel too sorry for them.

Much like there will be people watching the show that will never play the game, we also have people playing the game that will never watch the show.