PDA

View Full Version : Poorly Handled

stiz7
01-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Like many others I have entered my beta key and not received the client download email. I know now after reading many posts that the beta keys are not really beta keys and I may not even get into this weekends test at all. I can live with that I guess but, I think Trion is slitting their own throats by doing this. Don't get me wrong, I'm on no witch hunt here. I really want this game and TV series to succeed. That being said a lot of others are already trashing the game and company all over forums everywhere. This should have been avoided at all cost, the last thing we need before a game (especially one that is taking a new approach like being tied directly to a new TV series) even comes close to launch is tons of negative posts on every gaming website out there. A company with as much experience as Trion should have known that handing out codes then not granting access would be looked on negatively.

Edit: After sending an email to community@defiance.com I did indeed receive the client download email just minutes after it was sent.

Mirrei
01-18-2013, 09:16 AM
i agree
though it seems that some people seem to get their beta acces by sending an email to community@defiance.com .

I did that but it is still left to be seen when they respond and what they respond, if they even do. I cant find the source of them saying to send an email to that adress on twitter/facebook either atm :<

RogueSmurf
01-18-2013, 09:21 AM
its here

http://www.mediafire.com/?ya8tc7i6vddd0b2

Mirrei
01-18-2013, 09:23 AM
its here

thank you :cool::cool:

kratos2
01-18-2013, 09:24 AM
its here

the link does not work
you need to receive the email that they gave you so you can activate the closed beta identity

kratos2
01-18-2013, 09:24 AM
thank you :cool::cool:

trust me you will fail when you press the update button

Blix
01-18-2013, 09:25 AM
I was reading somewhere that they wanted so many people for the beta so DON'T give out more keys than what you wanted. Cause now you got all these people with keys and can't do anything with for this weekend
i call that poor management and makes them look very incompetent. I did lots of beta testing before and this
is not the way you do it. you want X amount of beta tester so you give out X amount of keys to avoid people to be pissed at you lol. A well maybe next time.

Xaragoth
01-18-2013, 09:26 AM
It's a pretty stupid move to hand out keys that appearently "Give access to the beta weekend!" and not to invite every last one who applied a key into your beta. If that had been clearly stated, nobody would be angry about it. Now TRION is getting hit hard by angry potential customers, but also every website that handed out keys with false information has to deal with a backlash.

I can understand handing out the access in waves to prevent the servers from going to their knees, but in that case it should be more like a beta week, not a weekend.

Indie
01-18-2013, 09:29 AM
i call that poor management and makes them look very incompetent.

I still say it was a clever way to gain free interest. People thought they were going to be able to play. They got invested into the game more than usual. Now the people may not be able to play but Defiance now has growing interest even though many are left upset.

~but us being upset may not matter (to Trion) as long as in the future we dedicate some time or money to the game.

(Odd that they didn't even try releasing such info earlier though)

RogueSmurf
01-18-2013, 09:49 AM
the link does not work
you need to receive the email that they gave you so you can activate the closed beta identity

link works fine so does the update

stiz7
01-18-2013, 10:09 AM
i agree
though it seems that some people seem to get their beta acces by sending an email to community@defiance.com .

I did that but it is still left to be seen when they respond and what they respond, if they even do. I cant find the source of them saying to send an email to that adress on twitter/facebook either atm :<

Sending an e-mail to community@defiance.com worked for me. I received my client download e-mail just minutes after I sent it. Hopefully this will help with all the negative feedback that's been brewed up this morning. Again, I really hope this game and series do well, I think it's a brilliant idea! Good luck everyone!!

Netrunner
01-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Sending an e-mail to community@defiance.com worked for me. I received my client download e-mail just minutes after I sent it. Hopefully this will help with all the negative feedback that's been brewed up this morning. Again, I really hope this game and series do well, I think it's a brilliant idea! Good luck everyone!!

Same here, I got mine promptly after sending an email that my TrionWorlds account is tied to.

darkling2w3
01-18-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm still waiting. I guess it's only been 12 minutes though. :)

Lullee
01-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Sent my email about 10 minutes ago and nothing yet.I put the key I got from MMORPG in my Trion account about 4 days ago.

According to the other posts here on the forums they do seem to be having trouble getting the beta up and running. Maybe they are working to iron out these issues before they send out any more confirmation emails.

Tyrannos
01-18-2013, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!