PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Protest

BertReynolds
07-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Very simple, to get Trion to actually listen and leave the guns alone I would like to organize a protest. For three days those who are with me will not log on, and for at least a week make no purchases with bits , and not buy any bits. The only way to let them know is to hit them in the wallet. What say you?

Enundr
07-09-2013, 04:31 PM
i approve , though we know this will get locked and swept under the rug like every other complaint , calling it "disrepectful" and nothing "constructive" , we try to express our opinions that this stuff doesnt need to be nerfed and they just in essence tell us to shutup (aka locking threads). you want disrepectful? look at all the locked threads that express that we dont like the idea that saw is getting nerfed. its obvious our thoughts mean nothing towards a game we love.......if trion thinks locking threads will stop us , think again and think about how xbox one reveresed policies when pre order #s came in.....our wallets speak louder then they care to believe , if they expect any future profits they had better be prepared to stop believing locking threads under false statements like that will fix the issue.

acert assassin
07-09-2013, 06:40 PM
why even complain about this? it really does not matter. i say nerf sawed offs and nerf the shotguns in pvp. i would just like to see people use different weapons instead of just cloaking and killing me upclose with a sawed off or a pump. there is no sense of variety in pvp all you can do in pvp is pray someone does not clock you in the back with a sawed off or an infector.

i also found that it is strange that the people that complain about nerfing usually complain that the saw, some shotgun mod, or an infector is being nerfed. which they also complain that they are getting sick of nerfing.

your idea to hit thier wallets can easily fail. seeming that defiance is a multiplatform game i doubt it will do anything to thier wallets. it could even do worse. they could just kill the xbox servers if they do not produce enough money.

Torque
07-09-2013, 06:43 PM
I love this idea. Plus I will not be on Xbox for another 3 weeks so that is perfect

Big_Daddy
07-09-2013, 06:44 PM
They have already given up on xbox servers. You get on and play for 30 minutes and something goes wrong that would not be if they really wanted it to work on xbox.

KTCAOP
07-09-2013, 06:55 PM
I guess this will make it easier to get to those top 10 Arkfall spots =P.

BertReynolds
07-09-2013, 06:59 PM
I just think the nerfs are stupid. I would like to see the whiners deal with the weapons as is so trion can fix some actual problems.

Overtkill21
07-09-2013, 07:00 PM
I love how no thread about this is deemed constructive. Seems to me nerfs are rubbing the community the wrong way, any thread discussing this is actually the only constructive outlet any of us has - so lock away forum guy. We're rapidly making up our own minds.

BertReynolds
07-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Plus the saw is a pve weapon, no one uses it for pvp. So why the nerf? The enemies complaining on how op it is? Poor volge cant hang? I use a saw most of the time. So because of that it should be weaker? The snipers still lose all power if they roll the wrong bonus, and there are tons of other glitches to worry about. They really need to prioritize.

Defenze
07-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Very simple, to get Trion to actually listen and leave the guns alone I would like to organize a protest. For three days those who are with me will not log on, and for at least a week make no purchases with bits , and not buy any bits. The only way to let them know is to hit them in the wallet. What say you?

I like the idea here Bert, but I'm afraid there won't be enough to make a difference. You are correct in your approach. Money is the answer to any question with game companies. But this thing about nerfing the SAW weapon is BS. They shouldn't do it and there is no need for it. "Bring it more in line with other weapons of it's kind" was the quote if I'm correct. Really? Maybe they will get the message here but I doubt it. They believe they know what's best for the game and the players be damned. Sorry but that's how I feel about it sometimes. May not be true but it sure seems that way sometimes.

born2beagator
07-09-2013, 11:45 PM
I'm with you, won't be hard for me seeing as I have lost interest in the game atm. I still don't want it to be in shambles thanks to the nerfherders when I come back though

curriepowda
07-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Ya thay took my thread down too . Thay don't want to hear opinions that make sense. I didn't know i was buying a pvp based game , i thought it was a mmo. LoL. Lets change all the guns in the game to help pvp, and then thay will all suck for pve.
What do people play more pve or pvp??? You cant make everyone happy so stick with the majority.

ObliviDan
07-10-2013, 01:11 AM
http://i841.photobucket.com/albums/zz332/ObliviDan/nonerfing_zpsb5cd89d6.jpg

Hammer Strike
07-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Already there. Haven't played for a long time due to Trions nerfing/constant f**k ups.

Enundr
07-10-2013, 02:04 AM
and heres some food for thought , you will NEVER satisfy all the pvpers that are complaining left and right , why? cause they want something to be EZ mode for them to win and not die to , this wont happen in a shooter as , guess what? your getting shot by guns , theyre meant to kill you. its a general crowd that complains the most about balance more then pvers ever will. lowering weapon dmg doesnt make mobs tougher , well placed headshots drops most of them fast anyway , cause guess what? the old sniper saying (gaming sniper that is) one shot one kill , aka headshots drop them fast , cause your shooting with guns.

I really hope Trion stops listening to the pvp crowd that complains as that crowd has singlehanded destroyed balance in many mmos , one game did a good job and made pvp COMPLETELY seperate skill wise to pve , that was Guild Wars (original). completely diff set of skills , well sort of the same but a pvp version. Companies need to learn you cant ever satisfy the pvp crowd asking for "balance" when there is none when most times its a lack of skill or lag they suffer from , and the occasional modder / exploit abuser. I know cause when i get killed in a legit manner i dont go running to the forums crying , i just go back into the game and try to slap that guy upside the head. But when i see ppl using exploits and such that is not the normal game behavior , then it becomes a completely diff story , as its not how the game handles that normally and its being abused by said person(s).

Tyrannos
07-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!