PDA

View Full Version : EGO 2000+ Players Get Cheated

Gravi7y
07-10-2013, 11:47 AM
http://s18.postimg.org/9env1gb55/defiance_ballandchain_2000.jpg

It's one thing to take away most of the advantage to leveling up but leaving us with nothing but disadvantages is ridiculous.

Sdric
07-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Fang just gave me the idea of putting this:

Maximum Perks: 1000 Ego
Maximum Weapons: 1600 Ego
Maximum Salvage Matrix Cost: 5000 Ego

Something here feels horribly wrong.

Into your signature as a form of protest.
The more people join in, the better.

jazz
07-10-2013, 11:57 AM
I agree I'm in the same EGO range and mod slots cost @70K a piece and the weapons that are dropping or at venders usually only have one mod slot open :mad:

I enjoy playing a low level alternate better then the slow grind of my high level character

Nyako
07-10-2013, 12:01 PM
I agree i'm in the same EGO range and mod slots cost @70K a piece and the weapons that are dropping or at venders usually only have one mod slot open :mad:

I enjoy playing a low level alternate better then the slow grind of my high level character

Time to start deleting characters and making new ones... :( *cries*

CptBadger
07-10-2013, 12:05 PM
I have to agree.

Also, stealing the sig as well.

TravelerX1
07-10-2013, 12:05 PM
I am 3000+ and the weapons still only have 2 slots max open and it costs 150+K ark salvage to open the other two up. Like you say there is nothing but disadvantages to being over 1600 at this point.

Well done Trion!

I busted my *** to get to 3000 so I could have that extra slot, and now......

Ok.... I am getting mad again at Trion.

UGH

Gravi7y
07-10-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm almost at 5000 but I'm tempted to just start making a new character every time the mod slots start disappearing. I have all my mod slots now but i can't sell anything i get, especially purples. I find a lot of half decent purples but they just end up cannon fodder for the salvage pile like the greens and blues.

Major Nelson
07-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Its not like weapons change either bonuses dont get higher than like 2% figuratively speaking. Stats dont change, combinations do, so otherwise leveling is useless, I realised this in beta, what tok you guys so long?

Hope499
07-10-2013, 12:44 PM
http://s11.postimg.org/fdo9uhgs3/defiance_ballandchain_2000.jpg

It's one thing to take away most of the advantage to leveling up but leaving us with nothing but disadvantages is ridiculous.

lol, I guess they want people to delete their old characters and keep making low level characters we could care less about...

Sigh...Trion...do you, like, stop to think sometimes? I would LOVE to know the logic path this decision took....cuz I cant even begin to map it.

Grimkillmore
07-10-2013, 12:52 PM
They better figure out how to benefit us higher level folks cuz ive worked hard to get where i am and it seems like the more i level and what not the less i can do since everything costs and arm and a leg or the items we receive Are worthless in trade or sales cuz there too high of ego for the rest of the community :(

Bored Peon
07-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Give it a month, maybe two when all these noobs they nerfed the game for hit their 1k ego to max everything out. Then they will get bored and leave.

I thought the whole Idea behind a MMO was to make content and patches that would ENCOURAGE people to play. Not nerf the crap out of the game so the high end players get screwed.

Cavadus
07-10-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm EGO 3200 and I do not feel cheated. Putting the perk slot unlocks at lower ego levels means lower levels can more quickly become battle proficient. In a game based on horizontal progression and completely inclusive gameplay this is actually important and a really good change.

I do wish they'd lower the salvage matrix costs for higher EGO players but that's a completely unrelated issue.

Sdric
07-10-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm EGO 3200 and I do not feel cheated. Putting the perk slot unlocks at lower ego levels means lower levels can more quickly become battle proficient. In a game based on horizontal progression and completely inclusive gameplay this is actually important and a really good change.

I do wish they'd lower the salvage matrix costs for higher EGO players but that's a completely unrelated issue.

It is realted.

It's related since it there was a balance between benefits and punishements for progressing.
Now the benefits have been taken away.

What's left is the quadruple amount of Ark Salvage needed for any Salvage Matric process.

Cavadus
07-10-2013, 01:03 PM
I know what's left and I do agree that the salvage costs at higher EGO levels should be reduced.

But I also think it's a good move to lower the perk slot unlocks as well since so few players ever make it beyond 2-3k.

I certainly don't feel "cheated" but then again I have never once actively ground XP for the sake of increasing my EGO. I just play the game.

hardy83
07-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Can we have an official response on the % of players even above EGO rating 2000, because I bet anything it's in the single digits.

GiantInMaine
07-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Yep it's horrible but maybe they do something like this so they can fix it to act like they are fixing stuff since they can't seem to fix the real problems.

Olaf
07-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Can we have an official response on the % of players even above EGO rating 2000, because I bet anything it's in the single digits.

Most of my friends list are in the 3-5k ego range....

hardy83
07-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Most of my friends list are in the 3-5k ego range....

That means nothing. lol
I guess it means you're friends with the "elite" groups, but it means nothing on the population as a whole. :P

dominad
07-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Leaving us with no motivation to play nothing to do and as a friend said last night ok with weapon xp at arkfalls but why will anyone play co op maps now

Grymms
07-10-2013, 03:49 PM
Trion doesnt care about you they took your money already.
What they care about is enticing new players into the game to get their money.

Once they have your money already their is no desire to make you have an enjoyable experience. They want fresh blood who dont have inventory space yet, or figured out buying bits for lockboxes are useless or haven't bought that truck or outfit yet.

Trion doesn't care about any of us that are 2k plus ego. They got our money. They want that new money.

You got to 2000ego good job. Here's weapons with no mod slots enjoy. Have 50+ tier 3syn mods no weapons to put them on. Dont have the desire to grind out to 4500+ so I can have all my mod slots back..... Game is fun till you hit 2k ego and above after that it becomes a mindless grind that is totally pointless now since they removed one of the only bonuses the extra perk slots.

Everyone keeps screaming about pvp.... Who give two shlts about this games weak *** pvp. There are 50games out there that have way better pvp system then this one.

But now everyone can have all perks in pvp with minimal effort.

So what the bonus of leveling...oh that's right the ever increasing gap between ark salvage gained vs ark salvage required to mod a gun.... Enjoy but hey stick around for the DLC....oh joy.

All I can say is screw this game and I shall never buy another game Trion has any part in. How do companies like this stay in business while other companies go out of business every day.....

Thank for your money now eat a ****. NEXT!!!

Cavadus
07-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Leaving us with no motivation to play...

So you're saying that unlocking the three perk slots at 2k, 3k, and 4k was your motivation to play the game...?

Yikes, you must really like that skinner box approach in MMOs.

Defiance is a shooter. An open world one with some light RPG elements but a shooter. Skill dictates.

You can't think of this as an RPG, it simply isn't. There is very little power curve, there's really no gear grind (and I'm very happy about those two things); you just jump in and have fun.

People have been playing Counter-strike since 1998. They never needed any levels or uber-weapons or giant shoulder pads to enjoy the game. That's the beauty of shooters: the gameplay.

And it's a really good approach for this game. Think about it, would you rather the devs throw in content that kinda sucks but you're forced to slog through it for days, weeks, or months to get some special something-or-other or would you rather have content that is fun and good enough in and of itself that makes you want to play it?

I'd rather have the latter because it means I'm enjoying the game day-to-day. And that approach puts a lot of pressure on the devs to release quality content because if the content blows AND there's no special reward at the end then no one is going to buy it.

It's the best approach TW could have taken with us in mind.

I'm NOT saying they're currently living up to it, and they may never for all I know, but it's a better approach than skinner box content with some dumb reward that makes everything else in the game worthless.

Wtflag
07-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Its not like weapons change either bonuses dont get higher than like 2% figuratively speaking. Stats dont change, combinations do, so otherwise leveling is useless, I realised this in beta, what tok you guys so long?

Even if you realise it, you will be forced out of the 1500 ego level at some point just normally playing, and have to deal with that salvage cost issue. And if you try to solve that by leveling to 4500+, you have a trade issue.

You can't win unless you stop playing. (Is defiance the first game ever to introduce this concept?)

Cavadus
07-10-2013, 04:17 PM
They should move the tier II bonuses to 3k EGO and then keep all the mod slots on the weapons.

AxionXD
07-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Am I missing something? I'm EGO 1700 and I still have 3 perk slots that are locked.... what's the problem?

Wtflag
07-10-2013, 04:23 PM

You may be right if we count by total accounts, including all the people who stopped playing.

But if you look at only the active players (those last log in date is no more than a week) then I wouldn't be surprised if more than half the player base is above 2000+.

IGears
07-10-2013, 04:48 PM
So you're saying that unlocking the three perk slots at 2k, 3k, and 4k was your motivation to play the game...?

Defiance is a shooter. An open world one with some light RPG elements but a shooter. Skill dictates.

You can't think of this as an RPG, it simply isn't. There is very little power curve, there's really no gear grind (and I'm very happy about those two things); you just jump in and have fun.

People have been playing Counter-strike since 1998. They never needed any levels or uber-weapons or giant shoulder pads to enjoy the game. That's the beauty of shooters: the gameplay.

And it's a really good approach for this game. Think about it, would you rather the devs throw in content that kinda sucks but you're forced to slog through it for days, weeks, or months to get some special something-or-other or would you rather have content that is fun and good enough in and of itself that makes you want to play it?

I'd rather have the latter because it means I'm enjoying the game day-to-day. And that approach puts a lot of pressure on the devs to release quality content because if the content blows AND there's no special reward at the end then no one is going to buy it.

I'm NOT saying they're currently living up to it, and they may never for all I know, but it's a better approach than skinner box content with some dumb reward that makes everything else in the game worthless.

...are you trying to compare counter-strike to defiance?... if you are, i remember when Valve try to price weapons in the game based of what was popular... they try to change the way people played the game by attempting to get players to use other weapons... and what happen to that idea?

dominad
07-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I left Defiance because I will not support games by Trion.
They are inept and lie to their customers if you are thinking of buying this game or any paid content do not waste your money!!!!

I don't think of this as a shooter or an RPG I was never big on RPG I mainly play FPS. This game was a gift I enjoyed it but without goals to work towards it will become boring and repetitive. I play PVE and PVP in it, mainly I enjoy it for the people. I do like having things to accomplish, getting ego increases that have n rewards means it is pretty pointless. I do not trade weapons really or search for legendary loot I want new missions, new content.. without that I don't see the value. Playing one game for over 10 years would not do it for me either. Different strokes for different folks.

brycemorr84
07-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Im at 1200 Ego rating for my Main character and I hate all this nerf/so called balancing the game where it doesnt need it.

anastasia
07-10-2013, 06:30 PM
How exactly are we getting screwed? My EGO is around 3300 and how am I negatively impacted by the changes? I'm not arguing that it's fine, I just don't really understand how the changes hurt me so if someone could explain I'd appreciate it!

KTCAOP
07-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Just because we have all of the perk slots open doesn't mean we will have all of the best perks... we will still need to grind quite a bit to get our perfect layouts o_o.

AxionXD
07-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Seriously, what am I missing here. I'm over 1700 and I still have 3 perk slots locked. Is this a future update everyones complaining about?

Wtflag
07-10-2013, 06:56 PM
How exactly are we getting screwed? My EGO is around 3300 and how am I negatively impacted by the changes? I'm not arguing that it's fine, I just don't really understand how the changes hurt me so if someone could explain I'd appreciate it!

We call it the theory of relativity.

1) Number of perks, 3300 player = 1000 player
2) Salvage gain rate per hour, 3300 player = 1000 player
3) Salvage needed to add weapon slot, 3300 player > 1000 player
4) Number of people willing to trade for your items, 3300 < 1000 player
5) Potentially better weapons, 3300 players >= 1000 players

Is (5) enough to offset (3) and (4) to be worth 2300 levels of grinding? Given how lockboxes are, doubtful.

Chevota
07-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Seriously, what am I missing here. I'm over 1700 and I still have 3 perk slots locked. Is this a future update everyones complaining about?

Yes, future update.

KTCAOP
07-10-2013, 07:01 PM

It's the next patch, 1.024 stickied at the top =).

anastasia
07-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Aha, thanks for the reply. I guess for me it doesn't matter much because I just play and don't really worry about what anyone else has or gets as long as I'm having fun. I understand many people are more competitive than me so I can see how it might be an issue.

Blu
07-10-2013, 07:35 PM
Just because we have all of the perk slots open doesn't mean we will have all of the best perks... we will still need to grind quite a bit to get our perfect layouts o_o.

There is no perf layouts. The good ones are pretty much the same, like with pvp. There is a few, ask or check google. You can unlock perks in the order you need to get the good
Ones.

There is no benefit from this change, except for new players.
They get to be on same playing field as vets.

This is a game and ppl want to win at it.
If they didn't all these weapon nerfs wouldn't be going on, ppl would respect the fact you put
In the time to get to where you are,

Anything positive said about this or the weapon nerfs is ppl just reaching or either your one of the ppl crying about the weapon or power of a ego 4000 player.

Even tho it don't matter much, especially now.

KTCAOP
07-10-2013, 07:40 PM
I can see that. I see that you say that there is no benefit from the change but to new players, but who exactly then does it hurt?

I understand that it is really frustrating to work very hard for something that someone else gets much more easily, you feel that because you put in a lot of time, energy, and effort that you *deserve* to be better than the other person. For example, if I put in 50 hours a week to studying for an exam, I *deserve* that A much more than some other guy that just relistens to lecture right before the exam and still somehow manages to get an A* in it.

Wtflag
07-10-2013, 08:00 PM
I can see that. I see that you say that there is no benefit from the change but to new players, but who exactly then does it hurt?

I understand that it is really frustrating to work very hard for something that someone else gets much more easily, you feel that because you put in a lot of time, energy, and effort that you *deserve* to be better than the other person. For example, if I put in 50 hours a week to studying for an exam, I *deserve* that A much more than some other guy that just relistens to lecture right before the exam and still somehow manages to get an A* in it.

Actually it isn't just because the high level players are jealous. It is also for the new player's own good.

Let's say if you do homework (grind ego levels) we will give you sweets (perk slots). Trion is the bad uncle who just give you all the sweets upfront. Well that is nice, getting the sweets upfront, but after you finished them, do you really still feel like doing homework?

Humans are highly adaptable creatures, in that they adapt to having the sweet 9 perk slots immediately on reaching 1000 ego. So having 9 perk slots is no longer an earned privilege, but a right. And soon they will be facing a bleak future of actually not getting goodies for leveling up but getting the problems. (Higher salvage cost, lower market potential)

Mathematically and logically, this change helps newbies. But in actual practise, it will harm them. This is a game which many players have already complained that there is "no progression". This change just made it "negative progression".

TravelerX1
07-10-2013, 08:24 PM
We call it the theory of relativity.

1) Number of perks, 3300 player = 1000 player
2) Salvage gain rate per hour, 3300 player = 1000 player
3) Salvage needed to add weapon slot, 3300 player > 1000 player
4) Number of people willing to trade for your items, 3300 < 1000 player
5) Potentially better weapons, 3300 players >= 1000 players

Is (5) enough to offset (3) and (4) to be worth 2300 levels of grinding? Given how lockboxes are, doubtful.

5 NEVER offsets 3 and 4.

If the weapons at higher levels were truly better then the ones at lower levels and if the lock box drop rates were better then they would probably offset. The weapons are not that much different. In fact level 1600 weapons are better then level 3000 ones because they have 3-4 mod slots unlocked,4 slot synergies, and they are easier to sell/trade/Mod.

Also Boxes drop rates have been adjusted since the last patch. (Or I am going through a record dry spell)

It all adds up to the fact that lower level players have the resource advantage over higher level players. I could really care less about the perk slots if that was the only factor, but this is just the final straw that shifts any advantage from being higher level.

It's straight up BS and I hope Trion rethinks this one or finds a way to reward the upper levels.

KTCAOP
07-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Actually it isn't just because the high level players are jealous. It is also for the new player's own good.

Let's say if you do homework (grind ego levels) we will give you sweets (perk slots). Trion is the bad uncle who just give you all the sweets upfront. Well that is nice, getting the sweets upfront, but after you finished them, do you really still feel like doing homework?

Humans are highly adaptable creatures, in that they adapt to having the sweet 9 perk slots immediately on reaching 1000 ego. So having 9 perk slots is no longer an earned privilege, but a right. And soon they will be facing a bleak future of actually not getting goodies for leveling up but getting the problems. (Higher salvage cost, lower market potential)

Mathematically and logically, this change helps newbies. But in actual practise, it will harm them. This is a game which many players have already complained that there is "no progression". This change just made it "negative progression".

Hrm... I can see that. People will stay longer involve in a project that they feel that they are invested in, so it is the challenge for any person in charge to design a system that is challenging for long enough to have people hooked in. If you started off the game with a weapon that would kill any monster that you looked at and had the fastest car, best weapons, etc. right from the beginning of the game, you would be bored of the game no matter how much fun it would be slaying thousands of things instantly. There's the idea of eudemonia and flow that are important, there needs to have some meaning to push you forward (I want to be the best, I'm going to try to help a new player, I'm going to help the guild) or have a challenge (I can't climb this tower? Don't tell me what I can't do! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAsp4rn9QnM)).

That said, I guess what level do you think the investment should be? Should it really be until 4000 EGO? So a casual person would probably take a few months, a hardcore person about three weeks, a moderate person, probably a month and a half? Is that the point which a person is invested enough to keep on playing and thus we should reward them? I have been playing for a week and am at 1000 ELO and I don't think I'm far enough in the game and I don't think I can maximize my perks efficiently. I'm new, so I can't say, but the whole "doubling" to making it 2000 or what not seems fair and balanced, maybe even 2500 or 3000 though I will have to really pay attention to how quickly I am gaining my EGO units, but yeah.

Sorry, that was a weird paragraph o_o.

dominad
07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
It will be in a few hours now its what after 2am now not sure if they are doing it first thing.. I will spend an hour respecking my perks having even more fun crouching in front of dark matter that can not kill me and then wonder what to do when contracts are finished lol I think it will be fun for a bit I doubt it will impact pvp I will still use my saw although I tried an smg yesterday will just login do echelon log off play COD till I get the trusted status. See if the DLC ever materializes.

I am not jealous of other players getting them I after all will get 2 slots for no extra work and have a ton of perks to put in them.
I feel bad for them they will have nothing to do after ego 1000 and will have to go play something else.

piedlpiper
07-10-2013, 08:28 PM
I am 3000+ and the weapons still only have 2 slots max open and it costs 150+K ark salvage to open the other two up. Like you say there is nothing but disadvantages to being over 1600 at this point.

Well done Trion!

UGH

At 3250 you will start seeing items with 3 mod slots opened. Mostly at vendors and a few dropped items.

Aeothena
07-11-2013, 01:28 AM
Where does the 1600 weapon cap come from? Suggestions? Facts from new patch? Am I missing something? Got some new and it had my 1808 EGO level when picked up....

I've read the new EGO 1000 cap for perk slots...

Colif
07-11-2013, 02:02 AM
The patch notes don't say anything about when you get last perk slot open so how we know its 1k?

I don't mind so much about it, I didn't think I would get to 4k anyway so its a nice bonus. I have all the perks already so just need to think of another perk to add to all my builds.

What is the weapon cap all about?? Or do people just want to avoid losing mod slots? Why?? I mean, as pointed out, weapons don't change that much so just use the ones you have (and reset exp) until you get to 3k like every one else has...

Sdric
07-11-2013, 02:07 AM
The patch notes don't say anything about when you get last perk slot open so how we know its 1k?

I don't mind so much about it, I didn't think I would get to 4k anyway so its a nice bonus. I have all the perks already so just need to think of another perk to add to all my builds.

What is the weapon cap all about?? Or do people just want to avoid losing mod slots? Why?? I mean, as pointed out, weapons don't change that much so just use the ones you have (and reset exp) until you get to 3k like every one else has...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?105569-Patch-1.024-Discussion&p=986886&viewfull=1#post986886

Aeothena
07-11-2013, 03:11 AM
At 3250 you will start seeing items with 3 mod slots opened. Mostly at vendors and a few dropped items.

I've found that I get as many weapons with 0-1 slots open to all four at 1500+ when looted or bought. So, you might ALWAYS have 3-4 open at higher EGO, but isn't that as bad as to find rare mods on a regular base just because you're a higher EGO? Where is the hunt for that special combo?

Can't see the point in something getting "better" as you progress by EGO in these matters. Colors should be the only thing that defines "minimum" slots, max should be random. White = 0, Green = 1, Blue = 2, Purple = 3 and Orange = 4.

Indra Echo
07-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Ok I do agree that salvage costs at higher levels need desperately to be adjusted as do I think salvage drops.

I don't think we've been shafted or had anything taken away from us. You still need to rank up to earn more perks and upgrades. All that will happen is that all equipped perk and loadout (I think) slots will now be opened up earlier. Get a grip. And all that means is that other players will have them open sooner or any new character you create will. Big deal.

The true challenge in any game is the one against yourself anyway. I take it some of you are overly concerned with what will happen in PvP----OH NOES!! Well, honestly this is a game and PvP in it is not something to take that seriously. The scoreboard is anything but accurate, and it really won't matter tomorrow where you placed in one of 50 matches you play today.

So it's a grind to get to 5000. Yeah I know. I'm at 4100 and I realize there's a mountain I must climb. But as in any other game, there is always a point where the only reward is the accomplishment itself. I will be satisfied when I get to 5000 because I will have done it. I didn't care that much about loadout and perk slots along the way. I used them sure, but I still had to get EGO points to unlock and upgrade perks. So what if the person doing the arkfall next to me got the slots open earlier than I did. Wow, what a punishment.

And one of the advantages of 5000 is apparently that any weapon you get will have all the slots open, so that may be worth it for some.

Colif
07-11-2013, 08:13 AM
It will mean less people dying easily in arkfalls as they can put the perks into their builds that keep them alive and have damage perks. That is if they aim at the centre perks like I did.

Its not a big deal to me, its not like they making it that much easier to get ego levels, its still a grind. The weapon exp in arkfalls will help a bit, as majors won't be a complete waste of time in that regard, so people may get ego levels faster, but so what... we can all start alts and get the benefits. I hope they don't make some of the combat pursuits easier after I finish them all.

Donnyrides
07-11-2013, 08:16 AM
After having a day to let it marinate in my brain, I guess I'm excited for the EGO change. I have always wanted to build an indestructible explosive charater and now I will be able too. I've been holding onto this blast-prof Ironclad forever. I can't wait to get started with it.

The SAW thing has me a little rattled, but I will still use it since they didn't say they were nerfing the ammo size. The double SAW/Preparedness perk combo will still work and be on my go-to loadout. It will take a MAJOR nerf to the damage output to get me away from using the SAW.

MrSkull
07-11-2013, 08:29 AM
I would like to see orange weapons with no levels associated to them. Would be a lot easier to trade them when your a high level.

Doctor Tiki
07-11-2013, 08:52 AM
The weapon exp in arkfalls will help a bit, as majors won't be a complete waste of time in that regard, so people may get ego levels faster, but so what... we can all start alts and get the benefits.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what is the purpose of an alt in this game other than to just Nerf yourself into having to regrind EGO, redo same pursuits, and re-farm your gear? Or is it just for masochists?

Colif
07-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Yes, alts are pretty pointless given we all get all the perks eventually. I was just trying to be positive.

Doctor Tiki
07-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Yes, alts are pretty pointless given we all get all the perks eventually. I was just trying to be positive.

Ah ok, well I think we can still be positive and stay with our main characters then lol

Saying let's just start over sounds like a pretty demoralizing solution.

How about "It's not that bad, let's keep pushing!" This is Sparta!!! :cool:

“Look on the bright side.” — Archer
“Which is.” — Lana
“Which is what?” — Archer
“What’s the bright side?” — Lana
“Oh. It’s a figure of speech.” — Archer

KillAlot V2
07-11-2013, 09:33 AM
id really love to see where the trion devs get there logic they clearly have none whatso ever there basicaly killing the game 1 patch at a time just when you think they cant get any worse

devs = the saw outclasses the rest of the lmgs because all of them are underpowerd and need a buff
trion logic = lets nerf it again so all the lmgs suck

scottyps
07-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Man I still have yet to pick up a orange weapon in the game I'm only level 700 tho after do I get em out start seeing them

scottyps
07-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Where do I pick them up#### when do I start seeing them lol Damn kindle

Maitreakow
07-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Don't be discouraged if you don't see Orange soon. I was over 2k EGO before I picked up my first, at 3800 now and I have a total of 2...

TravelerX1
07-11-2013, 10:12 AM
-Oranges only come from Lockboxes
-Tier 4's Have supposedly the best chance (it is proposed 8%)
-Tier 3's they say is like 6%
-I personally believe that Lockboxes from Bits have a better chance then that
-I also believe that since the last patch they have altered the drop rate to be lower
-Purples can be as good or better then most oranges.....
-Purples can be gotten from Major Arkfalls, Vendors and Lockboxes
-Blues and Lower drop as loot drops in open world.

Cephious
07-11-2013, 10:15 AM
They better figure out how to benefit us higher level folks cuz ive worked hard to get where i am and it seems like the more i level and what not the less i can do since everything costs and arm and a leg or the items we receive Are worthless in trade or sales cuz there too high of ego for the rest of the community :(

Couldn't agree more. My main character is ego 4080. Probably haven't played on him in over a week other than for contracts/trades. My alternates are more enjoyable - as everything I obtain at lower levels is more valuable in trade (apart from Shields/Grenades).

DarknessEyes PT
07-11-2013, 11:45 AM
-Oranges only come from Lockboxes
-Tier 4's Have supposedly the best chance (it is proposed 8%)
-Tier 3's they say is like 6%
-I personally believe that Lockboxes from Bits have a better chance then that
-I also believe that since the last patch they have altered the drop rate to be lower
-Purples can be as good or better then most oranges.....
-Purples can be gotten from Major Arkfalls, Vendors and Lockboxes
-Blues and Lower drop as loot drops in open world.

Oranges also come from arkfalls and purples also come from loot drops.

TravelerX1
07-11-2013, 11:46 AM

Prove it :)
I have personally never seen either. Nor have I seen any screenshots of it.

Hope499
07-11-2013, 11:48 AM

Until ANYONE posts a pic or video of getting an orange from an arkfall or siege, no, they dont

SSlarg
07-11-2013, 11:54 AM
well I am ego lvl 3699
and I really do not mind a bit (since I am getting my last perk slot 301 ego early lol)
but I think this also helps newer players have a shot at pvp since the perk
slots are about the most important feature for pvp and currently a new player would be destroyed.
after this patch a new player will at least have a chance in pvp. the only thing about it
that is a tad cheap is the fact this will make Nim Very easy to beat. but me, I am happy about it.

TravelerX1
07-11-2013, 12:03 PM
I agree actually, LOL
It is a good thing.

BUT (Wait for it......)

It is also unfair to drop what was one of the few rewards in the game for being higher level and not replace it with something.... anything. Considering the Salvage Matrix debacle... it tips the balance far into the negative for anyone higher then say 1600 ego (The point at which weapons begin to get the slots pulled from them)

Cavadus
07-11-2013, 01:16 PM

No, they don't.

DarknessEyes PT
07-15-2013, 11:11 AM
No, they don't.
Yes they do :)
But its very rare, Im ego 2500 and only found 2 purples from floor and a friend got an orange from major arkfall.

Cavadus
07-15-2013, 11:39 AM
But its very rare, Im ego 2500 and only found 2 purples from floor and a friend got an orange from major arkfall.

Got a screenshot?

Didn't think so.

Arkfalls can reward purples but mobs do not drop purples or oranges. Period.

fang1192
07-15-2013, 11:39 AM

unless you post a screenshot youre just spewing filthy lies.

Capattac
07-15-2013, 12:07 PM

He's right because I once knew a guy that knows another guy who heard a guy's uncle's sister's boyfriend's roommate's bosses tailor's brother's supervisor's penpal got one! He doesn't have the internet and is sending me a drawing of it. Apparently he doesn't have a camera either...

biga7xfan
07-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Seriously that's the way games work man, if that was the case you'd be done with leveling up in a week or so. So honestly grind harder to get what you want and quit complaining. The higher the level your ego goes the harder it gets that's common since dude

ten4
07-15-2013, 12:50 PM

Liar. Show screen shot; I am calling your bluff.

I have killed millions of mobs in alpha and up to now; not once have I seen a purp or orange drop from a mob.

Error404
07-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Until ANYONE posts a pic or video of getting an orange from an arkfall or siege, no, they dont

I can confirm the Arkfall rewards orange chance. Very slim, but possible.

Purples on the ground however, I am yet to see.

ten4
07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
I can confirm the Arkfall rewards orange chance. Very slim, but possible.

Purples on the ground however, I am yet to see.

Pic or video or it did not happen.

Blondin
07-15-2013, 01:43 PM
On a side note, where did you got that orange shield and grenade (remember that arkfall gave only shield and grenade before patch)?

KTCAOP
07-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Question, how in the world would they prove it *now*? Show an orange in your inventory and say "Hey! That's the Orange I got from the Arkfall!"

I know on the console by the time I realized what I pulled I didn't take a screenshot or I got so excited I forgot to get one. I get what you guys are saying and of course it's fine to be skeptical, but seriously, *HOW* would they prove it *NOW*? You guys can jump on them and they may be mistaken and wrong, but really now.

IGears
07-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Question, how in the world would they prove it *now*? Show an orange in your inventory and say "Hey! That's the Orange I got from the Arkfall!"

I know on the console by the time I realized what I pulled I didn't take a screenshot or I got so excited I forgot to get one. I get what you guys are saying and of course it's fine to be skeptical, but seriously, *HOW* would they prove it *NOW*? You guys can jump on them and they may be mistaken and wrong, but really now.

yeah it hard to prove.. you would have to record every arkfall that you do in order to get it.... if you ever get an Orange item

LOOKxATxTHISxI
07-15-2013, 04:09 PM

Well done Trion!

UGH

Yes, it's awesome to roll the dice and spend 75k or more ark salvage for an Orange BMG with no mod slots to open one up and guess which one it is. The sight which you can find no attachments for, the next unlock at 100k ark salvage "drumroll" a butt stock. Which compliments my no recoil bonus and the extra damage after a revive.

Think it's about time for my new character as well.

Cavadus
07-15-2013, 04:22 PM
The third mod slot opens up at 3250. 4th is at either 4000 or 4500, I forget which.

NinjaofSmoke
07-15-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm feeling the hurt, just a couple of days ago I just bust my 2000+ cherry and is currently sitting at 2200+ as of today. All weapons either pickup off the ground or bought in vendors have but only one mod slot open. When I was in the 1000 range, the weapons I were getting had all the mod slots open and all kinds of synergys and what nots. For the past week now the game has not change for me and only giving me blue weapons with both siphon and assassins, (which is a godsend), which still currently continues even today. But the salvage cost is hurting me even more now since I hit 2000+.

Didn't care much for having all 9 perks right away, I felt more accomplished actually working my way up the scale to get them rather than have them all handed to me. Though this is my first MMO, due being a platform strict player, from my understanding of games in general is, those whom which worked their way to the top earned what they keep. In other words all that grinding for 2000+ was now only rewarding for those whom reached the maximum but reap the benefits of it as well. Now that that's taken away, what would truly be the point in making it above 2500?

I'm an achievement junkie and all I would need to do is hit 2500 and finish off PvP achievements and this game is off to the next retail store or to be dusty in the corner somewhere. At this point I see no real value is obtaining a high level if everyone is placed on the same playing field. There should really be an establish difference between higher leveled people and those whom just started out, rather than some number saying where your at and a fancy suit to boot. But more so a tactical advantage in PvE to show that "Man! The 5000 EGO rating helped me obliterate the Volge. One day I'm going to aspire to be that EGO rating." I'm still going to continue playing till other events in life take place.

With the gap that once was so far now close, the only advantage that those of a lower EGO have is that they can mod high level guns they they may feel beneficial to them which such a low cost that it's ridiculous. The higher you are, level the more you pay? That's highway robbery. It's not like we get much to start let alone get an extra bonus to guns salvage with mods attached. I'm not one for the trades market, tend to stay away from shady people selling things during Ark Falls. But from this update, the people who control the market are making Script by the masses from those who just join.

For those who say they don't feel the hurt from this update, you will soon enough. I've been playing since game dropped and this is my second complaint about the game.