PDA

View Full Version : Traversing on Foot

StickyChief
03-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Anyone try walking across the whole map on foot, and how long did it take you? Also anyone take a walk through the mountains at Dawn or Dusk? The sky is simply beautiful :D

Mr Noxx
03-26-2013, 09:07 PM
I walk all the time mostly with a sniper rifle killing people along the way. It's relaxing

RLStroud
03-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Never really walked after getting a quad because I've been too busy trying to jump it over everything on the map lol.

A s0t
03-26-2013, 09:08 PM
during the lag fest day 1 i walked everywhere cause the X button didn't work to get in truck

Xiiego94
03-26-2013, 09:09 PM
I dont walk as much because of instant vehicle spawning. But i will say im happy that there is infinite sprint :)

Mr Noxx
03-26-2013, 09:11 PM
during the lag fest day 1 i walked everywhere cause the X button didn't work to get in truck

Yea, that was a pain in the ***. trying to get ammo and dieing or playing ring around the rosy trying to get it.

snowman
03-26-2013, 09:24 PM
great minds think alike! hahaha...... i think the pursuit for doing a 900 is bugged though..and the powerslides. But damn that thing is fun :)

S4DN3SS
03-26-2013, 09:45 PM
I will never have the in-game strength to walk a whole map... I tried it in Skyrim and got bored starting from Riften and then I got to Helgen and I was like "LAME".

Buruko
03-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Anyone try walking across the whole map on foot, and how long did it take you? Also anyone take a walk through the mountains at Dawn or Dusk? The sky is simply beautiful :D

I started out from Mount Tam, and made it south until a very large, very angry something squished me. I dunno how far from San Fran I was buy I had been walking/sprinting with a few combat calls thrown in for bout an hour.

Bad Instincts
03-26-2013, 11:32 PM
I love to walk and explore the word.

brycegrit
03-27-2013, 12:10 AM
I walk all the time mostly with a sniper rifle killing people along the way. It's relaxing

Defiantly. I love the feel of the sniper in this game.

Tzar of kaos
03-27-2013, 03:06 AM
I walk from the starting point to saint Quentin.And it was boring.I really like to walk on open world map but not this time.The map doesn't seems that big.I did try to climb a mountain but impossible because of an invisible wall.On the road it feels alive but the country side is empty.No birds,no animals,no insects & no enemies...Just plants,trees & grass.Really disappointed by the exploration,and the full version won't change anything...

TechGnome
03-27-2013, 05:08 AM
I walk from the starting point to saint Quentin.And it was boring.I really like to walk on open world map but not this time.The map doesn't seems that big.I did try to climb a mountain but impossible because of an invisible wall.On the road it feels alive but the country side is empty.No birds,no animals,no insects & no enemies...Just plants,trees & grass.Really disappointed by the exploration,and the full version won't change anything...

The beta was only a small part of the complete world that will be available... sounds like you might have run into the boundary at the edge of the beta world.

Tzar of kaos
03-27-2013, 05:31 AM
The beta was only a small part of the complete world that will be available... sounds like you might have run into the boundary at the edge of the beta world.

No, the invisible wall wasn't at the edge of the map.I didn't got invisible walls when i reach the edge of the map,it just respawn me to a checkpoint.And the beta map was something like 1/3 of the full map at launch.There is an area to the south,something like the beta map + San Franscico (which seems to be an island).

BKB Black Steel
03-27-2013, 05:39 AM
I walked quite a bit and I agree about the sky on mountain views...it's pretty impressive. I like the map a lot...I keep seeing structures (that usually house enemies) and different things I wanna see up close. Just found that crater bar...cool chill area. I cant wait to see the full map, and it seems large enough for me. I hope they add expansions though.

KyoKunChan
03-27-2013, 06:47 AM
I like to walk around with my Sniper out killing what ever I see as i go to my next Main Mission.

NukeLaCoog
03-27-2013, 07:09 AM
I didn't walk the entire map, but I drove my quad from San Quentin to the start point and it took 6.5 minutes taking the roads. That was about the only time I was on the road because I was too busy jumping that quad over anything I could find and trying to do a 720.