PDA

View Full Version : Incentive?

Hope499
07-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Ya ya I know a million posts about it already, but I have a LEGIT question...

So, for me to WANT to keep playing (this is with most games) I feel the need to better myself/character. Getting better weapons is a PART of that, but not the entirety.

Ya, 2 extra perks are almost nothing, but it WAS something to work towards, and improve my guy, better my playing and so forth. This is not a rant or complaining about the whole silly decision, but honest curiosity.

Why will people want to play past EGO 1000? What is the benefit, to keeping them going, and not just making a new one?

Logic Path of Trion = ?

Jeez..I MAY have actually gotten bored with this game, if they did that the whole...such a bad, bad move...for new AND old players....no positives...

Sdric
07-10-2013, 02:15 PM
The incentive is that you can get rid of Ark Salvage much faster.
I mean who'ld like to collect green coins anyways.
Eeeek

Indra Echo
07-10-2013, 02:16 PM
I can only guess what the thinking behind this is but if I did, it might be because they are re-arranging the perks somewhat in anticipation of the new ones on the way.

Of course I don't know this but my supposition is that maybe we will be getting more perks than we know of and there's some concern that if lower level players don't have access to more perks then those perks higher level ones can get will create a bigger imbalance what with the Arena thing coming and all. I'm probably wrong but I do remember it being said that 5000 won't be the level cap at some point. So what seems like a high level now may end up being middle of the road, so they're re-aligning things.

The interface may change as well, who knows, and may allow for more slots geared toward melee/charge weapons. There already is a screenshot that is really fuzzy that shows additional things added to the HUD at the lower left. And turrets are being introduced as well as maybe gulanite to upgrade them, so it's just possible they were preparing some things and some of this stuff was already set to go off in that last big patch. Game devs do this a lot in anticipation of big downloads to come especially since MS has some odd rules governing the size of patches as well as what content can be released. They've relaxed some of their rules but not totally. So what companies often do is they include content in patches that will be a part of the DLC.

Rawt
07-10-2013, 02:18 PM
There are still pursuits to work towards that require high levels. Although pursuits might mean less than perk slots, it's still an accomplishment, none the less.

I for one understand to some degree as to why they're doing it. Like Trion said, they want to allow more customization options earlier on, and more perk slots available at lower EGO ratings means more PvP players.

A reason as to why people waited until higher levels to do PvP was because the high-level players were at an advantage (e.g. having stronger weapons AND more perks slots). Having the slots open at lower levels grants more confidence to newer or less progressed players.

DarknessEyes PT
07-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Ya ya I know a million posts about it already, but I have a LEGIT question...

So, for me to WANT to keep playing (this is with most games) I feel the need to better myself/character. Getting better weapons is a PART of that, but not the entirety.

Ya, 2 extra perks are almost nothing, but it WAS something to work towards, and improve my guy, better my playing and so forth. This is not a rant or complaining about the whole silly decision, but honest curiosity.

Why will people want to play past EGO 1000? What is the benefit, to keeping them going, and not just making a new one?

Logic Path of Trion = ?

Jeez..I MAY have actually gotten bored with this game, if they did that the whole...such a bad, bad move...for new AND old players....no positives...

I want to freeze my character at lvl 1000 because of salvage matrix costs.

Omnifarious Xji
07-10-2013, 03:01 PM
I haven't even touched the game once in the last couple of weeks. The last time i played was pre E3. The game just got uber boring for me... It would have been fine if the game had like 4 months worth of content to tide me over till the DLC hit, but it only had like 2 weeks worth of content, and then nothing but Pursuit grinding. I completed the campaign in a single afternoon, and then was left with grinding side missions. Go to point A, collect information/scan dead body/investigate area, wait for enemy to spawn, go to point B and/or C, and repeat process for 100-500 scrip and white mod; do till bored.

Linamaria
07-10-2013, 03:39 PM
There are still pursuits to work towards that require high levels. Although pursuits might mean less than perk slots, it's still an accomplishment, none the less.

I for one understand to some degree as to why they're doing it. Like Trion said, they want to allow more customization options earlier on, and more perk slots available at lower EGO ratings means more PvP players.

A reason as to why people waited until higher levels to do PvP was because the high-level players were at an advantage (e.g. having stronger weapons AND more perks slots). Having the slots open at lower levels grants more confidence to newer or less progressed players.

I don't know... The PvP balance as the main reason for the perk slots change? Kinda hard to believe and I hope this is not the main reason... :confused:

If the PvP is the reason for this change. Defiance devs should consider to check a game called Rift. In Rift there is the "Bolstering System", where newbie PvP players receive a non-permanent boost only for PvP instances.

KTCAOP
07-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Just because I have all of the perk slots doesn't mean I will have all of the perks I want =/.

dude26212
07-10-2013, 07:32 PM
they may add more stuff later on that has tougher ego restrictions (co-ops and the like) or there may be other changes that we dont even know of that makes gettin a new perk slot seem like a lame reward for gettin to such a high lvl

mbergeron
07-10-2013, 07:38 PM
The only thing people have to look forward to now is the extra inventory slots that get unlocked as you level, but people can just buy 15 more for real money. As of now there is really little to no incentive for higher level players in the game.

Escyos
07-10-2013, 07:49 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

TRION OWES YOU NOTHING! STOP DEMANDING MORE!

dominad
07-10-2013, 08:24 PM
No idea hope I was told that I should not play the game if getting to ego 3000 was because I wanted an extra perk slot.. I kind of thought that was the point otherwise it is just rinse repeat for xp and or level weapons.

TravelerX1
07-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Honestly if it wasn't for my Clan, I would have quit this game today.

Hope499
07-11-2013, 12:17 PM

You apparently did not read my post, as there are no demands, of anything, anywhere.....

If your not intelligent enough to actually read whats in front of you, then that's on you. Go look at a picture book.

No idea hope I was told that I should not play the game if getting to ego 3000 was because I wanted an extra perk slot.. I kind of thought that was the point otherwise it is just rinse repeat for xp and or level weapons.

Its starting to seem like that....

Well, you get an AMAZING outfit at EGO 4000....but that's it. No slots, perks, loadouts or savings.

You ONLY pay more arksalvage, and that's it.....

I mean, we wouldint need all that much really, some people have had some good ideas already as to how to reward the players that have invested time into it.

Trion needs to realize that while I LOVE how guns always have the same base DMG, they need to compensate in other ways, if your gear does not get better with time...

Its just silly imo

CptBadger
07-11-2013, 03:19 PM

Technically that statement is correct. However it is in their best interest that people keep playing their game, right ?

thejx4
07-11-2013, 03:25 PM
I can only guess what the thinking behind this is but if I did, it might be because they are re-arranging the perks somewhat in anticipation of the new ones on the way.

Of course I don't know this but my supposition is that maybe we will be getting more perks than we know of and there's some concern that if lower level players don't have access to more perks then those perks higher level ones can get will create a bigger imbalance what with the Arena thing coming and all. I'm probably wrong but I do remember it being said that 5000 won't be the level cap at some point. So what seems like a high level now may end up being middle of the road, so they're re-aligning things.

The interface may change as well, who knows, and may allow for more slots geared toward melee/charge weapons. There already is a screenshot that is really fuzzy that shows additional things added to the HUD at the lower left. And turrets are being introduced as well as maybe gulanite to upgrade them, so it's just possible they were preparing some things and some of this stuff was already set to go off in that last big patch. Game devs do this a lot in anticipation of big downloads to come especially since MS has some odd rules governing the size of patches as well as what content can be released. They've relaxed some of their rules but not totally. So what companies often do is they include content in patches that will be a part of the DLC.

What new ones? I hope you aren't talking about the ones shown in the "DLC" video. Because that part of the video was from the beginning of this year.