PDA

View Full Version : Boss Fights! (Including Ark Falls)

Adsinonimous
07-05-2012, 11:06 AM
I don't know about you but I think that the boss fights that we are going to experience in Defiance are going to be outstanding with lots of variation as a result of it being a pixel perfect shooter.

As you may have seen in some gameplay videos, there is going to be quite a few boss fights, from an ark fall or the end of a dungeon, and wanted to hear some opinions of what we have seen so far.

(Also, if anyone has a good imagination and can think of a boss - I would love to hear some ideas)

urwifemykids
07-05-2012, 01:16 PM
i would like to see a boss fight or 2 with quad's and maybe some tanks(if there is tanks). maybe a dungeon where you have to Stealth your party to the end boss.

Von
07-05-2012, 02:32 PM
One thing for sure, it will take a team effort to take these behemoths down.
No one can go it alone. They definitely made them to be intimidating. When
you first see them you want to throw everything you have at them.

I heard that there will be different weak points on different bosses. The weak
points on the "queen" hellbug in the demo are quiet obivous, but it makes up
for that with a hoard of various other hellbugs running around. I wonder
where the weak points are on that giant that appeared at the end of that
mine demo.

Kalbuir
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM
One of the mowt interesting facts in my oppinion in that gameplay video where you see them run through an instance is that its.only a portion of the complete thing. I think the dev mentions even that the part we see isnt even done yet. At the end we see a little cutscene with a teaser. I believe that will be a bossfight there, and the fight shown in the video was a mini.

Now from what I saw and heard it very muvh feels to me like almost boss fight will have similiar scripts than in MMOs that ontop of the fact that A.I. needs to be a little smarter and actually aware.of their surroundings more in a shooter.could provide us with a nice suprise.

What I am suspecting:
- Specific hotspots and Mini objectives to soo on the boss.
- Skill /pixel shot to temporary put a boss in a vurnable state.
- Having to time / coordinate specific weapons with your team mates. (as in a sub machine gun might not e super effective for a certain type of.fight).
- Knockacks that need.to be prevented (seen in video)
- AOE and environment that needs to be dodged (seen in video)

First example I can think.of is a very basic one big guy randomly charges a player when it reaches the player it will do a big melee ground slam. To beat this ya need to.spread out and stun / root (grenade / ability / weapon) the boss everytime this happens.

Then you altermate this with the.players having to move in close to the middle of the room or bad stuff happens. Result nice little fight where.movement./ timing and skill plays a part.

I am hoping that this atleast will be the thought process behind the bosses in Defiance and they dont simply become enemies which hit harder nd take longer. It would also not hurt if the.script would hve.multiple stages.based on time of fight or HP. Or even HP of friendlies.

Say a teammate gets to 20% HP, boss sees this as an opportunity to finish him off and will lauch a beam at the player. another.player needs to react and intervene taking 20% damage but saving his buddy.

I could do this all day but think this describes some of the things I am hoping for.

Arkamenitas
07-14-2012, 01:40 PM
I for one am seriously curious as to how this can all play out.

Arkamenitas
07-14-2012, 02:18 PM
also, since i am Arkamenitas, i should be able to cause arkfalls at will. bwaha