PDA

View Full Version : Scope question

US Largest Clan
07-11-2013, 07:19 AM
At launch a lot of people were saying that scopes actually made your accuracy worse, so I just never even tried them. Has this been completely fixed? And do they also go up to level 3 like other mods? Pretty unfamiliar with them since I have avoided them the entire time.

Maitreakow
07-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Yes they have been fixed (-) to accuracy is a good thing in this game, it means the grouping gets smaller or some such. The AR/SMG/LMG ones will be undergoing a change to how they look at some point in time. There was a dev post about it, will try to find it and give you a link.

US Largest Clan
07-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Yeah I saw that a little while ago, thats what made me want to post this. But are there different tears of scopes? is there commando scope I, II and III, that all get better?

Maitreakow
07-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Yes, each tier provides a better bonus. I believe they go -.10, -.20, -.30 in most cases.

MaxSterling
07-11-2013, 07:35 AM
Tier 1 = -.10 Accuracy
Tier 2 = -.20 Accuracy
Tier 3 = -.30 Accuracy

Also the scopes have a different appearance when you zoom.

Maitreakow
07-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Here is the link.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?98927-Upcoming-Sight-Mods-Changes

US Largest Clan
07-11-2013, 07:39 AM
"The lowest level of zoom on the accuracy mods is the same level achieved by aiming an Assault Rifle without the mod on it. We intend to remove the scope overlay from these mods (formerly called Tactical Scope and now called Assault Scope), and let it keep the weapon’s normal aim camera so that there is an accuracy mod that does not restrict peripheral vision, which is more in line with the typical use of SMG’s and LMG’s. The other two levels of zoom would have the scope overlay, to allow for greater precision at longer ranges."

So after the update, the Assault scope will be like an iron sight right? What if you put it on the FRC Heavy Assault Carbine, which has a zoomed scope by default. Will it still be the default scope or will it be like an iron sight and no zoom? That would be nice.